Posted on Feb 5, 21:29OLED is the best performing tech currently applicable to small devices. lack of a high yield/low cost manufacturing process has been the problem. higher res, faster response, richer colors, low power, smaller form, cheaper materials (indium for LCDs, lol)
Posted on Jul 17, 08:41I agree. I'd rather seem the same sort of LED screen as in the iPad. Include GPS and a camera, and I'd buy one in an instant.
Posted on Jul 14, 08:01OLED in iPad is ridiculous. The IPS screens Apple currently uses are better and cheaper and available in larger supply. OLED has succeeded as a buzzword only. Apple doesn't sell on spec sheets.
Posted on Jul 13, 23:25A pocketable 5.6-inch iPad would be great, but even better is a pocketable 5.6-inch Mac. Not for heavy work on it, but for Keynote and PowerPoint presentations.
- Iceleads raises US$3.5M in Series-A funding for global expansion of its BuyNow solution
- Join ThroughTek's upcoming IoT/M2M webinar!
- KFA: Compact power entry module with filter now with ground line choke
- 2015 Taipei international cycle show: HOLUX exhibits wearable Heart-Rate Smartwatch WRL-8100
- Advantest wins new customer with installation of V93000 semiconductor test system at Shanghai Haier IC in China
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
31-Mar-2015 markets closed
The IC backend service industry was capped by a flurry of merger and acquisition (M&A) activities...
Macronix International, which ranks as the world's second-largest NOR flash supplier with a 19% share...
The applications, demand and service areas for the global storage device industry have seen profound...
Lenovo, which had the fourth-largest market share next to Asustek Computer, Acer and Apple in the Taiwan...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...