Posted on Feb 5, 21:29OLED is the best performing tech currently applicable to small devices. lack of a high yield/low cost manufacturing process has been the problem. higher res, faster response, richer colors, low power, smaller form, cheaper materials (indium for LCDs, lol)
Posted on Jul 17, 08:41I agree. I'd rather seem the same sort of LED screen as in the iPad. Include GPS and a camera, and I'd buy one in an instant.
Posted on Jul 14, 08:01OLED in iPad is ridiculous. The IPS screens Apple currently uses are better and cheaper and available in larger supply. OLED has succeeded as a buzzword only. Apple doesn't sell on spec sheets.
Posted on Jul 13, 23:25A pocketable 5.6-inch iPad would be great, but even better is a pocketable 5.6-inch Mac. Not for heavy work on it, but for Keynote and PowerPoint presentations.
- PEZY and Imagination team up to develop next-generation HPC systems
- Orbotech shares vision for future electronics manufacturing models; leverages rebranding efforts
- Indium Corporation's EZ-Pour Gallium Trichloride simplifies room temperature processes
- Imagination and Testin partner to accelerate time-to-market for app development in Greater China
- CAYIN Enters Video Wall Battle Field with the Launch of SMP-8000
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
27-Nov-2015 markets closed
China-based Tsinghua Unigroup is currently riding high in the global semiconductor industry with a...
While the product life cycles of analog ICs are getting shorter and shorter, the technical standards...
Notebook vendor Acer aims to ship at least five million smartphones in 2015 and plans to hike the shipments...
The acquisition of Freescale by NXP Semiconductors will make NXP the world's second largest MCU supplier...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...