Posted on Feb 5, 21:29OLED is the best performing tech currently applicable to small devices. lack of a high yield/low cost manufacturing process has been the problem. higher res, faster response, richer colors, low power, smaller form, cheaper materials (indium for LCDs, lol)
Posted on Jul 17, 08:41I agree. I'd rather seem the same sort of LED screen as in the iPad. Include GPS and a camera, and I'd buy one in an instant.
Posted on Jul 14, 08:01OLED in iPad is ridiculous. The IPS screens Apple currently uses are better and cheaper and available in larger supply. OLED has succeeded as a buzzword only. Apple doesn't sell on spec sheets.
Posted on Jul 13, 23:25A pocketable 5.6-inch iPad would be great, but even better is a pocketable 5.6-inch Mac. Not for heavy work on it, but for Keynote and PowerPoint presentations.
- EverFocus announces their upgraded version of Award-winning IP Speed Dome
- GIGABYTE announces 'Feel the Force' OC contest winners
- Internet of Things to provide new business opportunities and enable business model changes
- MOEA recognizes alliances between foreign and Taiwanese IT firms for creating new value
- Advantech Accelerates Intelligent Video Designs with Complete Solutions
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
10-Dec-2013 markets closed
ChipMOS Technologies is among very few firms that have transformed themselves successfully and are...
Chunghwa Telecom (CHT), Taiwan Mobile (TWM) and Far EasTone Telecommunications (FET), the three largest...
Smartphone ODM Arima Communications has decided to expand its product lines to include tablets, smart...
OCZ Technology shifted its corporate focus away from legacy DRAM memory modules in 2011, and has since...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...