Posted on Oct 29, 02:16I was able to install XP Pro to this system but having a hard time finding drivers. I changed the BIOS to boot as IDE rather than ACHI and it loaded XP without any issues, no blue screen. Now the search begins for drivers.
Posted on May 14, 11:59I can't get the drivers to work for Vista 64-bit. I have an X1200, AMD 5000 with a DA078L boxer mobo.
Posted on Oct 30, 20:46I have the Aspire X1200 but am not able to install XP in it. Please tell me the steps or send the SATA driver. My mail id is (loknath_504 at rediffmail dot com) thanks.
Posted on Oct 6, 23:02I installed XP on this machine.
Posted on Aug 30, 21:34Has anyone here been able to actually load XP Pro on this machine?
Please email me Stingray57 at Hotmail dot com
Posted on Aug 27, 21:08Acer broke HDMI audio with a BIOS update. I believe systems are now shipping with this new BIOS, thus no functioning HDMI audio out of the box. Acer support is unaware of this problem and thus there is no fix, nor any sign of one on the way.
Posted on Jul 31, 14:34After following the above.
On the download driver page check out the "RAID Floppy Disk Install" PDF on the left-hand "Additional Info" bar for instructions on how to extract the files you need from the package.
Posted on Jul 31, 13:59The GeForce 8200 is what Nvidia likes to call an mGPU which is just marketing for IGP chipset.
Go to Download drivers on Nvidia's website.
Product type: nForce.
Product: 780a/750a.../GeForce 8
Posted on Jul 31, 10:41Nvidia is for the graphics drivers. You need the AHCI drivers and they're not on Acer's website. Acer also does not provide any specifications on their website so you don't know what motherboard and what chipset you're using for the X1200.
Posted on Jul 30, 14:13For Vista you should be able to install SCSI drivers off a USB drive. For XP you'll need to look into creating a "slipstream" installation CD using something like nLite - Google.
Drivers should be available on Nvidia's website.
Posted on Jul 29, 23:04I agree with Derrick. Cannot install XP; returns error STOP 0x0000007B. Cannot find SCSI drivers, and XP setup (using F6 to load additional) can't continue because it doesn't have a floppy drive. Maybe if I used a USB floppy, still no SCSI drivers.
Posted on Jul 21, 09:35Vista Ultimate will not install. Tried four times now. Fails and reloads Vista Home. Aspire no help. No driver updates except an Enet update which won't load either.
Posted on Jul 13, 12:18You can install Vista and download drivers from the Nvidia website for the VGA, and if you need to install XP please install SCSI drivers for the machine.
Posted on Jul 10, 08:15Vista Drivers not available. Windows XP will not install in this machine. If you get this be sure you want the OS it comes with
- MSI R9 290X LIGHTNING - built to be perfect
- Tatung aggressively expanding in Middle East: Smart energy-saving solutions showcased at Middle East Electricity 2014
- Nimax 2014 new vision: customization and intelligentization
- Imagination popular Codescape tools now provide MIPS CPU support and extended Linux/RTOS capabilities
- The Development and Application Trends of the PCIe Interface Technology in the Industrial Sector
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- A win-win situation for Toshiba and OCZ: Q&A with Alex Mei, CMO of OCZ Storage Solutions
- Is a US$25 smartphone possible?
- Digitimes Research: Apple triggers 64-bit AP battle
- China white-box makers add extra value to tablets as cost reduction is no longer possible
- Amazon sees weaker-than-expected Kindle Fire HDX shipments in 4Q13
- Intel unveils latest Education Tablet and Classmate PC
- AMD offers new 12- and 16-core additions to Opteron 6300 series
- CES 2014: Samsung unveils 12-inch tablet lineups
- CES 2014: HP unveils new 27-inch all-in-one workstation and new Android-based all-in-one PC
- CES 2014: LG unveils new wearable innovations
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production and Digitimes is there to provide daily...
The server business has become a major revenue contributor for Taiwan ODMs as larger Internet players such as Google, Facebook and Twitter, are expanding...
As China component suppliers are growing quickly and offering quotes a lot lower than their Taiwan competitors with a quality not much worse, notebook...
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers, software developers and semiconductor players...
As part of Toshiba, OCZ Storage Solutions is able to leverage Toshiba's NAND and combine it with its...
While Digitimes is known as a media outlet, the company also includes a business unit that solely focuses...
Smartphone ODM Arima Communications has decided to expand its product lines to include tablets, smart...
OCZ Technology shifted its corporate focus away from legacy DRAM memory modules in 2011, and has since...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - Jun 2011
The motherboard industry began 2010 with optimism and expected to see a reversal of the previous two years' declines in revenues and shipments as the impact of...