Posted on Oct 29, 02:16I was able to install XP Pro to this system but having a hard time finding drivers. I changed the BIOS to boot as IDE rather than ACHI and it loaded XP without any issues, no blue screen. Now the search begins for drivers.
Posted on May 14, 11:59I can't get the drivers to work for Vista 64-bit. I have an X1200, AMD 5000 with a DA078L boxer mobo.
Posted on Oct 30, 20:46I have the Aspire X1200 but am not able to install XP in it. Please tell me the steps or send the SATA driver. My mail id is (loknath_504 at rediffmail dot com) thanks.
Posted on Oct 6, 23:02I installed XP on this machine.
Posted on Aug 30, 21:34Has anyone here been able to actually load XP Pro on this machine?
Please email me Stingray57 at Hotmail dot com
Posted on Aug 27, 21:08Acer broke HDMI audio with a BIOS update. I believe systems are now shipping with this new BIOS, thus no functioning HDMI audio out of the box. Acer support is unaware of this problem and thus there is no fix, nor any sign of one on the way.
Posted on Jul 31, 14:34After following the above.
On the download driver page check out the "RAID Floppy Disk Install" PDF on the left-hand "Additional Info" bar for instructions on how to extract the files you need from the package.
Posted on Jul 31, 13:59The GeForce 8200 is what Nvidia likes to call an mGPU which is just marketing for IGP chipset.
Go to Download drivers on Nvidia's website.
Product type: nForce.
Product: 780a/750a.../GeForce 8
Posted on Jul 31, 10:41Nvidia is for the graphics drivers. You need the AHCI drivers and they're not on Acer's website. Acer also does not provide any specifications on their website so you don't know what motherboard and what chipset you're using for the X1200.
Posted on Jul 30, 14:13For Vista you should be able to install SCSI drivers off a USB drive. For XP you'll need to look into creating a "slipstream" installation CD using something like nLite - Google.
Drivers should be available on Nvidia's website.
Posted on Jul 29, 23:04I agree with Derrick. Cannot install XP; returns error STOP 0x0000007B. Cannot find SCSI drivers, and XP setup (using F6 to load additional) can't continue because it doesn't have a floppy drive. Maybe if I used a USB floppy, still no SCSI drivers.
Posted on Jul 21, 09:35Vista Ultimate will not install. Tried four times now. Fails and reloads Vista Home. Aspire no help. No driver updates except an Enet update which won't load either.
Posted on Jul 13, 12:18You can install Vista and download drivers from the Nvidia website for the VGA, and if you need to install XP please install SCSI drivers for the machine.
Posted on Jul 10, 08:15Vista Drivers not available. Windows XP will not install in this machine. If you get this be sure you want the OS it comes with
- Digitimes Research: Apple turns to focus on price management to save tablet business
- Digitimes Research: Global notebook shipments to drop in 4Q14
- Digitimes Research: Lenovo starts price-cut competition for 7-, 8-inch tablets
- Digitimes Research: Japan new fund raising policy to provide positive benefit to crowd funding market
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Digitimes Research: Enterprise segment to benefit, but PC segment to suffer from HP spin-off
- Digitimes Research: MediaTek, Rockchip to join Chromebook market
- Digitimes Research: Microsoft to release new inexpensive notebook solution; unlikely to receive full support from vendors
- Digitimes Research: Intel to see strong tablet AP shipments in 2H14
- Commentary: Apple Watch pioneering user interface will make around 10% of users Think Different
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production and Digitimes is there to provide daily...
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers, software developers and semiconductor players...
Apple has released its new iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3 and new iMac on October 17, 2014
Hewlett-Packard (HP) has split into two companies: HP Inc. and HP Enterprises, looking to improve its operation efficiency
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
AMD has been reorganizing its businesss, such as moving its desktop business headquarters to Beijing,...
Intel president Renee James, during a recent interview, told Digitimes that the company and its partners...
According to a recent IDC research note, the transition toward mobile and cloud-based computing is...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - Jun 2011
The motherboard industry began 2010 with optimism and expected to see a reversal of the previous two years' declines in revenues and shipments as the impact of...