Posted on Oct 29, 02:16I was able to install XP Pro to this system but having a hard time finding drivers. I changed the BIOS to boot as IDE rather than ACHI and it loaded XP without any issues, no blue screen. Now the search begins for drivers.
Posted on May 14, 11:59I can't get the drivers to work for Vista 64-bit. I have an X1200, AMD 5000 with a DA078L boxer mobo.
Posted on Oct 30, 20:46I have the Aspire X1200 but am not able to install XP in it. Please tell me the steps or send the SATA driver. My mail id is (loknath_504 at rediffmail dot com) thanks.
Posted on Oct 6, 23:02I installed XP on this machine.
Posted on Aug 30, 21:34Has anyone here been able to actually load XP Pro on this machine?
Please email me Stingray57 at Hotmail dot com
Posted on Aug 27, 21:08Acer broke HDMI audio with a BIOS update. I believe systems are now shipping with this new BIOS, thus no functioning HDMI audio out of the box. Acer support is unaware of this problem and thus there is no fix, nor any sign of one on the way.
Posted on Jul 31, 14:34After following the above.
On the download driver page check out the "RAID Floppy Disk Install" PDF on the left-hand "Additional Info" bar for instructions on how to extract the files you need from the package.
Posted on Jul 31, 13:59The GeForce 8200 is what Nvidia likes to call an mGPU which is just marketing for IGP chipset.
Go to Download drivers on Nvidia's website.
Product type: nForce.
Product: 780a/750a.../GeForce 8
Posted on Jul 31, 10:41Nvidia is for the graphics drivers. You need the AHCI drivers and they're not on Acer's website. Acer also does not provide any specifications on their website so you don't know what motherboard and what chipset you're using for the X1200.
Posted on Jul 30, 14:13For Vista you should be able to install SCSI drivers off a USB drive. For XP you'll need to look into creating a "slipstream" installation CD using something like nLite - Google.
Drivers should be available on Nvidia's website.
Posted on Jul 29, 23:04I agree with Derrick. Cannot install XP; returns error STOP 0x0000007B. Cannot find SCSI drivers, and XP setup (using F6 to load additional) can't continue because it doesn't have a floppy drive. Maybe if I used a USB floppy, still no SCSI drivers.
Posted on Jul 21, 09:35Vista Ultimate will not install. Tried four times now. Fails and reloads Vista Home. Aspire no help. No driver updates except an Enet update which won't load either.
Posted on Jul 13, 12:18You can install Vista and download drivers from the Nvidia website for the VGA, and if you need to install XP please install SCSI drivers for the machine.
Posted on Jul 10, 08:15Vista Drivers not available. Windows XP will not install in this machine. If you get this be sure you want the OS it comes with
- Digitimes Research: Global tablet shipments to up over 16% on quarter in 3Q16
- Digitimes Research: Japan IT vendors stepping into IoT business
- Digitimes Research: Japan to focus on developing self-driving, medicare and smart-factory industries
- Digitimes Research: Top-5 notebook vendors and top-3 ODMs see decline in July shipments
- Innodisk launches power over Ethernet expansion cards suitable for industrial systems
- NEXCOM's full depiction of Cloud-Infused Industry 4.0 at 2016 Taipei Int'l Industrial Automation Exhibition
- International workplace partners with IFSEC Southeast Asia 2016 to deliver dedicated health and safety conference
- Industrial display leader Litemax to showcase world's first resized 4K2K LCDs at InnoTrans
- Innodisk launches next generation industrial-grade SSDs offers endurance, reliability and high performance
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
- Digitimes Research: Intel processor shipments rely on Windows tablets for growth
- Digitimes Research: Tablets with phone functionality from white-box players to suffer over 15% decline in 2Q15
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production and Digitimes is there to provide daily...
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers, software developers and semiconductor players...
Virtual reality has become the latest topic of the PC industry with players such as Samsung, HTC, Google and Sony, all aggressively pushing into.
HTC is banking on its VR device to revive its business
Gaming notebooks have become the main focus of Gigabyte Technology's notebook department and despite...
The next wave of computing is now beginning to define the IT industry, where the boundaries of computing...
The launch of virtual reality headsets for the consumer market and the increasing demand for ultra...
Dassault Systemes, a European multinational software company that develops 3D design, 3D engineering,...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - Jun 2011
The motherboard industry began 2010 with optimism and expected to see a reversal of the previous two years' declines in revenues and shipments as the impact of...