IT + CE | Jun 27, 22:16
Seeing that AMD is ready to release its new Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 graphics card soon and company vice president Raja Koduri steadily managing the Radeon...
Displays | Jun 27, 21:41
Japan-based panel maker Japan Display Inc. (JDI) will sell a small- to medium-size LCD module factory in southern China owned by Morningstar Optronics Zhuhai...
Displays | Jun 27, 21:23
Optical film maker Efun Technology has developed quantum dot enhancement film (QDEF) and will start shipments in the third quarter of 2016, with QDEF to be...
Bits + chips | Jun 28, 13:53
Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASE) expects to post sequential revenue growth through the fourth quarter of 2016, according to company COO Tien Wu. Revenues for the second half of the year will outperform the first half.
HTC to start marketing Vive via retail shops in Japan
Jun 28, 12:13
Wistron buys back 15.46 million treasury stocks
Stockwatch | Jun 27, 21:41
Healthcare providers in Middle East and North Africa to spend US$2.78 billion on IT in 2016, says Gartner
Jun 27, 16:10
Meaningful use cases help spur spending on IoT in CEE, says IDC
Jun 27, 15:58
Intel to initialize 3rd wave of layoffs that could affect Taiwan suppliers
Jun 27, 15:36
Acer, Starbreeze to set up JV for VR head-mounted displays
Jun 27, 15:17
Lite-On Technology expects growth for 2Q16
Jun 27, 15:13
Sony to ship 9 million PS VR headsets in 2016, says paper
Newswatch | Jun 27, 13:52
Quanta to launch 360-degree VR add-on camera
Jun 27, 11:25
Compal aims at revenue proportion of 35% for non-notebook products in 2016
Jun 27, 11:08
Acer expects Europe operation to be affected by UK vote
Jun 24, 16:09
Acer achieves breakthroughs in non-PC businesses, says chairman
Jun 24, 15:59
Compal chairman expects Taiwan exports to benefit from rising Japanese Yen
Jun 24, 15:12
Chenbro to expand capacity to meet growing demand from data centers
Jun 24, 14:47
Getac expects strong 2H12
Jun 24, 12:20
Taiwan market: Sony unveils Ultra HD filming solutions
Jun 23, 15:39
Foxconn chairman expects channel retail business to grow strongly in 1 year
Jun 23, 15:06
Google plans to use renewable energy for data center expansion in Taiwan
Jun 23, 14:50
Foxconn pushes new strategy to help Sharp transform
Jun 23, 14:24
- Virtual reality on the rise
Virtual reality has become the latest topic of the PC industry with players such as Samsung, HTC, Google...
- HTC Vive
HTC is banking on its VR device to revive its business
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers,...
- Taiwan notebook ODMs
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production...
- Computex Taipei 2016
Computex 2016 will run from May 31-June 4 in Taipei, Taiwan. The show in 2016 will focus on innovations...
Taiwan market: Commtiva to market Sharp smartphones starting July
Jun 28, 14:02
CHT to purchase 4G equipment from Ericsson and Nokia, says paper
Newswatch | Jun 27, 15:01
Samsung, Huawei reportedly lowering smartphone shipment targets for 3Q16
Jun 27, 11:21
HTC seeks to spin off VR business
Jun 27, 10:43
Taiwan market: APT to launch VoWiFi services
Jun 24, 15:42
Largan expected to keep lead in smartphone dual-lens module
Jun 24, 10:56
Taiwan market: 641,000 handsets sold in May, says CNA
Jun 23, 20:51
Analog IC firm On-Bright to post growth through 3Q16
Jun 28, 14:46
Global Unichip June revenues to rise, says report
Jun 28, 11:17
UMC to enjoy full utilization of 28nm capacity through 4Q16, says report
Jun 28, 11:15
Winbond buys equipment for NT$2.06 billion
Stockwatch | Jun 28, 11:05
MediaTek launches Helio X20 development board
Jun 28, 11:03
ASE, SPIL vow to execute joint share-swap deal
Jun 27, 13:54
Fab toolmakers seeing significant 12-inch fab expansion in China
Jun 27, 12:39
SMIC to buy 70% of LFoundry
Jun 27, 11:01
Power transistors to see less volatility in second half of decade, says IC Insights
Jun 24, 16:07
Beijing to build new IC industrial park with total investment of CNY4 billion, says report
Jun 24, 14:54
China makers count on government subsidies for profits, says report
Jun 24, 14:26
MediaTek rolls out 4G solutions for vehicle recorder market
Jun 24, 11:23
Shenzhen Stock Exchange questions NavInfo acquisition bid for MediaTek China unit
Jun 24, 10:48
Taiwan May manufacturing production index up on month, year, says MOEA
Jun 24, 10:31
Marketech 2016 profits to hit 12-year high, says report
Stockwatch | Jun 23, 21:33
Sonix 2Q16 revenues to rise 50-60%, says report
Jun 23, 21:09
Fulltech looks to high-end fiber fabrics for 2016 growth
Jun 23, 16:18
Nanya to deal out cash dividend of NT$2.80 for 2015
Jun 23, 14:46
Improved product mix to boost FocalTech gross margins, says president
Jun 23, 14:15
Automotive semiconductor market grows slightly in 2015 while ranks shift, IHS says
Jun 23, 14:06
- Japan earthquake
Earthquakes in Japan often cause huge damage. They have had strong impacts on the country's electronics...
- China: Big plans for homegrown chips
A CNY120 billion (US$19 billion) national industry investment fund has been set up to help local foundries...
- ASE seeking to take up major stake in SPIL
Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASE) is seeking to acquire an up to 25% stake in fellow packaging...
- MediaTek steps up expansion with new acquisitions
After acquiring MStar Semiconductor, MediaTek has announced more acquisitions.
- SEMICON Taiwan 2014
Semicon Taiwan 2014 will kick off in Taipei from September 3-5, with this year's theme focusing on...
Global panel supply in 3Q16 likely to be tight, says WitsView
Jun 28, 11:21
Innolux constructing 8.6G LCD fab
Jun 27, 15:06
Digitimes Research: Samsung Display, LG Display to keep expanding AMOLED capacities
Jun 24, 15:07
Apple developing Micro LED panels for Apple Watch, say Taiwan makers
Jun 24, 10:35
AOpen expects partnerships with Microsoft and Google to show results in 2H16
Jun 23, 14:54
- Quantum Dot TV technology breaking into the market
LCD TV makers are responding to the challenge of OLED, with quantum dot (QD) technology, curved screens...
- Ultra HD
Ultra HD is now the industry name for "4K" resolution
TSEC raises capital
Stockwatch | Jun 28, 11:48
Solartech to expand PV module capacity
Jun 27, 11:14
Taiwan sets 2025 target renewable energy installation capacity at 27.423GW
Jun 24, 15:31
Gigastorage expects solar-grade silicon wafer operations to turn profitable in 1Q17
Jun 24, 14:37
Neo Solar Power unveils 3 high-efficiency solar cell models
Jun 23, 20:54
- Taiwan Pavilion features innovative smart Taiwan at MWC Shanghai
- Open innovation platform helps shape the landscape of IoT applications
- Institute for information industry and open connectivity foundation join forces to enable global IoT market opportunities for Taiwan-based vendors
- USB-IF promotes USB Type-C connectors to enhance performance and user experience
- CSO: Heavy duty fuse clip designed for voltages up to 1500 VAC / VDC and currents to 32 A
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
Gaming notebooks have become the main focus of Gigabyte Technology's notebook department and despite...
The next wave of computing is now beginning to define the IT industry, where the boundaries of computing...
The launch of virtual reality headsets for the consumer market and the increasing demand for ultra...
Dassault Systemes, a European multinational software company that develops 3D design, 3D engineering,...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...