IT + CE | Apr 28, 12:14
Foxconn Electronics will team up with a number of China-based companies to build a production center in Hengyang, central China to produce of an array of...
Bits + chips | Apr 28, 11:44
Powertech Technology (PTI) will strive to become Japan's largest backend house following its acquisition of Micron Akita and a majority stake in Tera Probe,...
Displays | Apr 28, 12:04
Taiwan's LCD monitor shipments dropped 6.2% on year to reach below 20 million units in the first quarter of 2017, while worldwide shipments also experienced...
Displays | Apr 28, 11:42
AU Optronics (AUO) expects shipments of large-size panels in the second quarter of 2017 to decrease 1-5%, small- to medium-size units to remain unchanged, and the corresponding ASP to rise 1-3% on quarter, company chairman and CEO Paul Peng said at an April 27 investors conference.
ITRI unveils LMD 3D large-size printing platform
Apr 28, 15:44
STSP aims to set up robot production base in Tainan in 4 years
Apr 28, 15:20
Qualcomm, Microsoft to bring ARM notebook back
Apr 28, 14:52
Gaming PC sales in North America in 2016 grow 25-30%
Apr 28, 13:52
Data is basis for smart factories
Apr 28, 12:10
Coretronic nets NT$0.64 per share for 1Q17
Apr 28, 11:37
Aurora nets NT$1.05 per share for 1Q17
Apr 28, 11:36
Magellan, Samsung America to partner on ELD products
Apr 27, 14:13
Vivotek works with partners to integrate H.265 technology into software
Apr 27, 13:59
Taiwan market: Perobot adds 2 Pepper sales agents
Apr 26, 15:45
HTC North Asia chief leaves company, says paper
Newswatch | Apr 26, 15:08
Taiwan market: Bank launches AI financial advisory services
Apr 26, 11:34
Taiwan server makers see reshuffle of orders from Microsoft, Facebook, Google
Apr 26, 11:12
AMD unveils Radeon Pro Duo graphics card
Apr 26, 11:05
HTC announces first grants in VR for Impact program
Apr 25, 15:15
Amazon opens office in Taiwan to promote B2B online trading
Apr 25, 15:08
- Taiwan notebook ODMs
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production...
- Virtual reality on the rise
Virtual reality has become the latest topic of the PC industry with players such as Samsung, HTC, Google...
- VR/AR new hope for 2017?
With gaming products becoming popular and VR/AR applications having become the latest topics in the...
China market: More vendors to launch smartphones with dual-lens cameras
Apr 28, 13:53
Ex-HTC executive launches startup to promote VR solutions
Apr 28, 11:33
China market: Huawei recaptures top smartphone vendor ranking in 1Q17, says Canalys
Newswatch | Apr 27, 15:06
Taiwan market: More China vendors to follow Oppo to expand share in local smartphone market
Apr 27, 14:02
India market: Xiaomi facing increasing competition from Oppo, Vivo, says report
Apr 26, 15:11
Meizu lowers smartphone shipment target for 2017, says paper
Newswatch | Apr 26, 15:09
Merry reports strong EPS for 1Q17
Newswatch | Apr 25, 22:13
Faraday seeing growth in 28nm chip market
Apr 28, 15:55
FPCB maker Flexium 1Q17 profits fall
Apr 28, 15:35
MediaTek gross margin continues to fall
Apr 28, 15:27
Macronix developing 3D NAND technology for SSDs
Apr 28, 15:19
Macronix reports profit for 1Q17
Apr 28, 11:47
UMC to roll out 22nm process as early as 2018
Apr 28, 11:46
Parade sees earnings up on year in 1Q17
Newswatch | Apr 28, 11:41
Memory module maker Apacer reports increased earnings for 1Q17
Newswatch | Apr 27, 15:38
Nanya to ramp 20m process output
Apr 27, 12:05
SPIL posts profit drop in 1Q17
Apr 27, 11:10
UMC expects flat performance in 2Q17
Apr 27, 11:08
Asia Tech Image profits soar in 1Q17
Newswatch | Apr 27, 10:39
Elan sees earnings improve on year in 1Q17
Newswatch | Apr 27, 10:35
SMIC reportedly hires former TSMC R&D exec
Apr 26, 22:00
Micron talks about its integrated global operations
Apr 26, 15:37
Realtek sees profits down in 1Q17
Apr 26, 14:35
GlobalWafers seeing robust semiconductor wafer demand
Apr 26, 14:26
Digitimes Research: Biometric sensor shipments to see CAGR of over 30% from 2017-2020
Apr 26, 11:40
PTI looks to sequential revenue growth through 4Q17
Apr 26, 11:09
Micron, Microsoft announce collaboration
Apr 25, 22:17
Holtek reports on-year increase in 1Q17 earnings
Newswatch | Apr 25, 15:55
Wayne Allan, VP of global manufacturing at Micron
- The 10nm competition
TSMC and Samsung have been competing for clients for the 10nm node.
- Memory price rally
DRAM prices have been rising amid tight supply.
- ASE-SPIL merger
A proposed merger between Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASE) and Siliconware Precision Industries...
- Japan earthquake
Earthquakes in Japan often cause huge damage. They have had strong impacts on the country's electronics...
- China: Big plans for homegrown chips
A CNY120 billion (US$19 billion) national industry investment fund has been set up to help local foundries...
Digitimes Research: China panel makers showcase TDDI LTPS TFT-LCD, flexible AMOLED panels at CITE
Apr 28, 14:47
Digitimes Research: Study of Japan IT industry for 1Q17
Apr 28, 12:13
Radiant expects 20% growth in 2017 shipments of BLUs used in tablets, notebooks
Apr 28, 11:39
AUO reports strong profits for 1Q17
Apr 27, 15:22
LG Display 1Q17 net operating profit hits record
Apr 27, 12:11
China market: China makers slash smartphone panel prices
Apr 26, 16:16
Corning reports core EPS of US$0.39 for 1Q17
Apr 26, 14:22
60.16 million LCD TV panel shipped globally in 1Q17, says WitsView
Apr 25, 22:29
A smart LED street lamp
Gintech obtains VPC for high-efficiency PV modules in Taiwan
Apr 27, 12:15
GCL-Poly fails to team up with Motech, NSP
Apr 26, 11:21
Gintech Energy president Pan Wen-whe
- eCloudvalley-AWS leader in the greater China region
- Advantest to showcase ATE Solutions at SEMICON Southeast Asia, April 25-27 in Penang
- Innodisk's latest SSD hits the sweet spot
- Microtips pioneers wireless charging platform development to jointly create an industry ecosystem
- Celebrating its 20th anniversary, Microtips focuses on continuing revenue growth rather than rapid expansion
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Taiwan market: Paypal enhances service by disabling domestic payment processing
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Note 7 issues may help Apple to regain number-1 crown in 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
As part of Taiwan president Tsai Ing-wen's five-plus-two innovative industries initiative, Taiwan is...
The global reaction to the aggressive investment strategy adopted by China-based Tsinghua Unigroup...
AMD has been aggressively looking to expand its presence in the PC market. It has released its new...
Kuka Robotics, as the world's leading maker of robots used in automobile manufacturing, has been making...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...