Bits + chips | Nov 30, 22:33
ChipMOS Technologies and Tsinghua Unigroup have announced an agreement to form a joint venture and to mutually terminate Tsinghua Unigroup's earlier private...
Displays | Nov 30, 21:46
First-tier China-based smartphone vendors Huawei Technologies, Oppo, Vivo and BBK, due to concerns that Apple may monopolize supplies of smartphone-use AMOLED...
Green energy | Dec 1, 11:50
Tatung, a maker of electric machinery, electric home-use appliances and consumer electronics for own-brand sale, on November 30 signed with Taipei City Government...
Mobile + telecom | Dec 1, 11:37
Apple reportedly has begun to reduce orders for iPhone 7s as initial sales momentum has started fading, according to sources from Taiwan's handset supply chain.
Ko Ja developing micro LED-based luminous keyboards, logo backlighting
Dec 2, 16:18
Taiwan market: Mitac launches smart wrist band
Dec 2, 16:13
Intel to push SSD products for 4 major markets in 2017
Dec 2, 16:12
beingNet Alliance to collaborate with partners to develop IoB solutions for agriculture, medical care
Dec 2, 16:07
PC market outlook improves mildly with faster shift to slim and convertible models, says IDC
Dec 2, 16:06
China market: B2C transaction value tops CNY708 billion in 3Q16, says Analysys
Dec 2, 16:06
Sharp Jusda Logistics becomes subsidiary of Jusda in Japan
Dec 2, 16:04
Delta, Furukawa land heat-pipe orders from LG, say Taiwan makers
Dec 2, 16:03
Solenoid maker Tai Shing to list on OTC
Dec 2, 11:35
Genius Electronic Optical settles patent lawsuit with Largan Precision
Dec 2, 11:05
Asustek opens developer program for Zenbo robots
Newswatch | Dec 1, 15:49
Taiwan market: Huawei to launch MateBook in 2017
Dec 1, 11:53
Foxconn to ship 60,000 Pepper robots in 2016, says paper
Newswatch | Dec 1, 11:43
LeEco to downsize personnel by 10%, say reports
Nov 30, 21:42
Intel, Nvidia ready to unveil new platforms for CES 2017
Nov 30, 16:10
China software revenues reach CNY3.907 trillion in January-October, says MIIT
Nov 30, 15:05
Posiflex Technology obtains US 20-year patent for MT-series POS devices
Nov 30, 14:29
Taiwan ShouDe International unveils toddler-care robot
Nov 30, 14:21
Quanta Computer may benefit from Trump Made in USA-policy
Nov 30, 14:01
Foxconn to distribute high year-end bonus to employees in Taiwan
Newswatch | Nov 30, 11:13
IEI Integration aims to hike revenue proportion from medicare-use products to 20% in 2017
Nov 29, 22:22
Asustek tops Taiwan-based global brands in 2016, says MOEA
Nov 29, 18:54
Mitac expects IoT for car business to grow dramatically in 2017
Nov 29, 16:02
Taiwan market: Seiko Epson launches Epson Pulsense PS-100
Nov 29, 11:09
Taiwan market: Acer sees desktop shipment growth in 2016
Nov 28, 22:29
Digitimes Research: Taiwan server revenues may reach NT$600 billion in 2017
Nov 28, 16:31
Tai Shing chairman Lin Wan-shing
- Taiwan notebook ODMs
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production...
- Virtual reality on the rise
Virtual reality has become the latest topic of the PC industry with players such as Samsung, HTC, Google...
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers,...
- HTC Vive
HTC is banking on its VR device to revive its business
- Brexit after-effect
With the UK deciding to leave EU, many effects are expected to impact the UK market.
- Computex Taipei 2016
Computex 2016 will run from May 31-June 4 in Taipei, Taiwan. The show in 2016 will focus on innovations...
Global 4G smartphone shipments to top 1 billion units in 2016, says IDC
Dec 2, 11:10
FPCB maker Ichia sees increased November revenues
Stockwatch | Dec 1, 22:11
Taiwan market: Lenovo unveils Moto Z, Moto Z Play
Nov 30, 21:48
HTC overall sales to remain stagnant in 2017
Nov 30, 15:31
Taiwan market: Huawei introduces Mate 9, Mate 9 Pro
Newswatch | Nov 29, 22:05
China market: China Mobile to start 5G experiment in 2017
Nov 29, 15:58
Taiwan market: Samsung appoints new head for mobile business unit
Nov 29, 15:53
Taiwan 3Q16 international Internet bandwidth stands at 1.777Tbps, says TWNIC
Nov 29, 11:16
China vendors to continue to serve as major players in global smartphone market in 2017
Nov 28, 22:40
TSMC lands new 28nm chip orders for UFS controllers
Dec 2, 11:14
MediaTek expects gross margin to rise in 2017
Dec 1, 22:17
Global 3Q16 NAND flash market posts 19.6% increase, says DRAMeXchange
Dec 1, 22:14
Falling smartphone IC ASPs discouraging device vendors from developing chips in-house
Dec 1, 15:09
MediaTek enhances deca-core chip lineup
Dec 1, 14:54
IoT and automotive to drive IC market growth through 2020, says IC Insights
Nov 30, 15:06
Passive component maker Chilisin expanding business in auto sector
Stockwatch | Nov 30, 11:10
ChipMOS shares to halt trading on November 30
Nov 29, 22:42
Digitimes Research: Taiwan top foundries to enjoy particularly strong 4Q16
Nov 29, 14:21
MediaTek to roll out new product line for automotive industry
Nov 29, 13:37
Kingston to restructure its Asia-Pacific operations
Nov 29, 11:05
TSMC to post up to 3% sequential drop in 1Q17 revenues
Nov 28, 22:35
Walton profits to surge in 4Q16
Nov 28, 22:32
TSMC planning 12nm process technology
Nov 28, 22:30
- The 10nm competition
TSMC and Samsung have been competing for clients for the 10nm node.
- Japan earthquake
Earthquakes in Japan often cause huge damage. They have had strong impacts on the country's electronics...
- China: Big plans for homegrown chips
A CNY120 billion (US$19 billion) national industry investment fund has been set up to help local foundries...
- ASE seeking to take up major stake in SPIL
Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASE) is seeking to acquire an up to 25% stake in fellow packaging...
Panasonic to produce OLED-equivalent LCD panels
Nov 30, 21:44
E Ink Holdings unable to resume operations of Hydis factory
Nov 29, 15:12
Global TV market to reach US$86 billion by end of year, says Futuresource Consulting
Nov 28, 16:42
LCD TV panel makers set lower shipment target for 2017, IHS Markit says
Nov 28, 16:38
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan top foundries to enjoy particularly strong 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan server revenues may reach NT$600 billion in 2017
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Display dominance in AMOLED to face challenge from China makers beginning 2019
- Digitimes Research: China mobile AP shipments to rise 11.6% in 4Q16
- Join CAYIN at InfoComm MEA 2016 to discover the next-gen digital signage
- Clientron to introduce new 12" all-in-one POS Bello620
- Tatung builds highly energy-efficient commercial air conditioning systems with air-cooled and parallel chiller units
- Advantest will present product exhibits, live demonstrations and a technical paper at SEMICON Japan, December 14-16 in Tokyo
- TSTi establishes itself as a leading information service brand with implementation of ISO 20000
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Note 7 issues may help Apple to regain number-1 crown in 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
Gary Patton, a 30-year veteran in the semiconductor industry, joined Globalfoundries as CTO in July...
To help foster the development of related wireless charging technology in Taiwan, the Wireless Power...
Silicon Valley based Anaplan, a cloud-based planning and performance management platform provider,...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...