- 13 Feb 2017:Osram is focusing the business on semiconductors after the German Economy Ministry signed off on the sale of Ledvance to a Chinese consortium. After the disposal, the company's portfolio will center on automotive lighting as well as sensors and specialty LEDs.
- 23 Jan 2017:China's economy grew by 6.7% in 2016, compared with 6.9% a year earlier, according to official data, marking its slowest growth since 1990.
- 9 Dec 2016:
- 7 Dec 2016:The Reserve Bank of India acknowledged Wednesday that the country's ongoing cash shortage is hurting the economy.
- 16 Nov 2016:Europe's largest economy grew by 0.2% between July and September, half the 0.4% rate seen in the previous three months.
- 5 Oct 2016:Hitachi is preparing to unload operations in power tools and semiconductor fabrication equipment, further narrowing its focus and resources with the aim of bolstering earning power in an uncertain global economy.
- 15 Jul 2016:The world's second-largest economy grew by 6.7% in the three months to the end of June, compared with the same period a year earlier.
- 4 Jul 2016:Singapore is rushing to reinvent itself as Asia's financial technology, or fintech, hub to fend off a regulatory threat to its wealth management industry and revive a sluggish economy.
- 27 Jun 2016:The Institute of Directors (IoD) surveyed 1,000 of its members and found that a quarter planned to freeze recruitment.
- 24 Jun 2016:UKIP leader Nigel Farage hailed it as the UK's "independence day" but the Remain camp called it a "catastrophe."
- 13 Jun 2016:Foreign investors are selling Japanese stocks at the fastest pace in years, as high hopes for "Abenomics" turn to disenchantment.
- 19 May 2016:When Taiwan's new president takes the oath of office this week, two vital constituencies-one at home, the other across the strait in mainland China-will be listening hard, but for different things.
- 9 Mar 2016:Chinese exports have seen their sharpest drop in almost seven years, adding to concerns over the health of the world's second largest economy.
- 15 Feb 2016:Japan's GDP shrank by 1.4% in the last three months of 2015, the government said Monday, underlining the challenges for officials who have been trying for years to drag the world's third-largest economy out of stagnation.
- 5 Feb 2016:The European Commission has cut its forecast for economic growth in the eurozone this year.
- 19 Jan 2016:China's economy grew by 6.9% in 2015, compared with 7.3% a year earlier, marking its slowest growth in a quarter of a century.
- 14 Jan 2016:Oil plummeted below $30 a barrel on Tuesday for the first time since December 2003.
- 15 Nov 2015:The eurozone economy slowed in the three months to September as exports to large developing economies weakened, a development that makes it more likely the European Central Bank will expand its stimulus programs in December.
- US retail sales rose less than expected in October amid a surprise decline in automobile purchases, suggesting a slowdown in consumer spending that could temper expectations of a strong pickup in fourth-quarter economic growth.
- World stock markets face a turbulent open on Monday after the attacks in Paris on Friday night that killed 129.
- 14 Sep 2015:China's decades-long economic boom, based on manufacturing for export, is now going in reverse. With orders in some Chinese manufacturing industries declining, the country is facing factory closures and massive worker layoffs.
- 13 Sep 2015:Growth in China's investment and factory output in August has come in below forecasts, in a further indication that the world's second-largest economy is losing steam.
- 8 Sep 2015:China's imports in August fell 14.3% in yuan-denominated terms from a year ago, while exports fell by 6.1%.
- 26 Aug 2015:The People's Bank of China on Tuesday announced cuts to benchmark interest rates, lowering its lending and deposit rates by 0.25 percentage point.
- 24 Aug 2015:Stock markets in London, Paris and Frankfurt have fallen sharply as fears of a Chinese economic slowdown continue to haunt investors.
- 12 Aug 2015:China's Central Bank has again cut the guiding rate for the national currency, the yuan, a day after Tuesday's record 1.9% devaluation.
- 31 Jul 2015:Taiwan's economy grew at the slowest pace in three years as exports collapsed amid weaker global demand and rising competition from regional rivals.
- 28 Jul 2015:China has tried to calm investors by reassuring it will implement prudent monetary policy to stabilise markets.
- 15 Jul 2015:Growth in the world's second largest economy, China, beat expectations in the second quarter, but it was still the weakest showing since the global financial crisis.
- 7 Jul 2015:Tumbling markets and economic uncertainty in China pose a risk to major chipmakers such as Qualcomm that derive a big portion of their sales from the world's second-largest economy.
- 3 Jul 2015:South Korea's government has proposed pumping billions of dollars into its economy as it struggles with falling exports and an outbreak of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (Mers).
- 25 Jan 2015:Growth in Asia's fourth largest economy, South Korea, fell to a six year low in the fourth quarter of 2014.
- 20 Jan 2015:The International Monetary Fund has lowered its forecast for global economic growth for this year and next. The IMF now expects growth of 3.5% this year, compared with the previous estimate of 3.8% which it made in October.
- 10 Jan 2015:Germany's falling exports come on the back of weaker figures for industrial orders
- 6 Jan 2015:Investors are worried that combination of a global supply glut and weak demand could cause prices to tumble further.
- 23 Dec 2014:China's national airline, Air China, is to buy 60 Boeing 737 aircraft in a deal worth more than US$6 billion at list prices.
- 18 Nov 2014:Marvell has announced two new 64-bit mobile processors targeting the fast growing global LTE market: a new mobile SoC based on octa-cores for high performance smartphones and tablets and another that uses quad-cores for economy models.
- 14 Nov 2014:The yen fell toward a seven-year low versus the dollar on speculation Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has decided to call a snap election.
- 4 Nov 2014:The yen slumped anew to its lowest level against the dollar since 2007, handing fresh profits to investors who had bet against the currency but sending shivers through Asian financial markets.
- 31 Oct 2014:Three of Japan's biggest electronics companies reported modest earnings gains Thursday for the first half of the financial year ending March, helped by the yen's weakness and restructuring, but held back by a soft domestic economy.
- CAYIN's latest digital signage player debuts at InfoComm China 2017
- Advantest VOICE 2017 U.S. and China keynote speakers announced
- QSAN launches XS3200 series SAN storage systems for SMB/enterprise market
- UMC and Synopsys collaboration speeds 14-nm custom design
- Advantest and W2BI to Exhibit Advanced Test Solutions at Mobile World Congress
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Note 7 issues may help Apple to regain number-1 crown in 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
Kuka Robotics, as the world's leading maker of robots used in automobile manufacturing, has been making...
Germany's Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology as well as Committee on Foreign Investment in...
Qualcomm agreed in late 2016 to buy NXP Semiconductor for about US$47 billion in the biggest-ever deal...
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...