- 5 Feb 2016:The European Commission has cut its forecast for economic growth in the eurozone this year.
- 15 Dec 2015:Europe's competition regulator has accused Qualcomm of predatory pricing and paying a major handset maker to use its 4G baseband chips exclusively.
- 15 Nov 2015:The eurozone economy slowed in the three months to September as exports to large developing economies weakened, a development that makes it more likely the European Central Bank will expand its stimulus programs in December.
- World stock markets face a turbulent open on Monday after the attacks in Paris on Friday night that killed 129.
- 15 Oct 2015:World No. 1 chipmaker Intel gained unconditional EU antitrust approval on Wednesday for its US$16.7 billion bid for Altera, its largest ever acquisition.
- 4 Aug 2015:
- 31 Jul 2015:Results from Europe's big chipmakers show business conditions have deteriorated quickly in previously healthy markets for auto electronics and industrial components, adding to concerns over the industry's traditional drivers - computers and phones.
- 1 Jul 2015:The euro dipped on Wednesday, buffetted by a flurry of reports on new concessions made by Greece to its European creditors and the chances those might lead to a deal that prevents it becoming the first country to crash out of the single currency.
- 12 Jan 2015:Avnet Technology Solutions has landed the contract to supply Lenovo's recently acquired x86 server products and related offerings across the UK and Europe.
- 10 Sep 2014:
- 5 Mar 2014:More than 450 employees at NXP Semiconductors wafer fab in Nijmegen, The Netherlands, have held a two-hour strike in protest at stalled wage negotiations, according to local reports.
- 25 Oct 2013:
- 16 Jul 2013:
- 20 Jun 2013:
- 7 Jun 2013:JPMorgan said weak demand for Samsung's flagship phone, the Galaxy S4, from Europe was likely to impact earnings.
- 6 Jun 2013:China took aim on June 5 at exports of the Europe-made wines favored by its growing middle class, responding to an EU move to impose anti-dumping duties of China-based solar panels as tensions rise between two of the world's biggest trade partners.
- Less than a day after the EU said it was imposing preliminary import tariffs on China-based solar panels, China's Ministry of Commerce announced on June 5 that it had begun a trade investigation of wines imported from the European Union.
- 5 Jun 2013:The move comes a day after the EU imposed anti-dumping levies on China-made solar panel imports.
- The Germany industries on June 4 expressed concerns over the EU's decision to impose provisional anti-dumping duties on China-made solar products.
- 4 Jun 2013:China and the EU are quarreling over China-based exports of solar panels, which Europe says are being dumped in its markets.
- 30 May 2013:Trade negotiations between the EU and China ended on May 27 with mutual recriminations.
- 28 May 2013:China-based officials were in Brussels on May 27 to resolve the trade dispute with the EU over exports of solar panels and wireless telecom equipment.
- The European Commission said that trade talks between them and the China-based solar industry have not ?˜broken down' as cited this week by an industry trade group in Beijing.
- 24 May 2013:Major China-based solar panel makers on May 24 protested over punitive tariffs the EU plans to levy on China-made solar products.
- The Obama administration and the EU have each decided to negotiate settlements with China in the world's largest anti-dumping and anti-subsidy trade cases involving China's roughly US$30 billion a year in solar panel shipments to the West, officials and trade advisers in Beijing, Brussels and Washington said.
- 16 May 2013:The euro slid to its weakest level in more than a month after figures showed that the eurozone economy shrank by more than expected, raising concerns about the health of the single currency bloc.
- 7 May 2013:Retail sales across the eurozone have fallen for the second month in a row in March, according to the European Union statistics agency Eurostat.
- The EU's trade chief will recommend placing punitive import duties on billions of euros of solar panels from China, people close to the matter say, putting up a barrier to protect Europe-based producers but risking upsetting Beijing.
- 6 May 2013:German chipmaker Infineon brightened its gloomy outlook for this year, citing orders from carmakers hoping sales of higher-spec models in China will offset flagging demand in Europe.
- 9 Apr 2013:
- 22 Feb 2013:
- 8 Feb 2013:
- 4 Feb 2013:The contraction of manufacturing across the eurozone slowed in January amid signs that the worst may be over, according to a survey.
- 24 Jan 2013:Japan has posted a record high trade deficit for 2012, as exports to Europe and China continued their plunge.
- 22 Jan 2013:The recession in Europe is entering its fifth year and unemployment doesn't look like it will be returning to normal levels anytime soon.
- 19 Nov 2012:Europe's striking warning to US that austerity is no solution to fiscal cliff (November 15) - GuardianOn 14 November, people in Madrid and all across Europe participated in a demonstration against government austerity measures.
- 6 Nov 2012:Booming sales in Asia have helped German car firm BMW shrug off the gloom in Europe to report a record third quarter pre-tax profit.
- 1 Nov 2012:
- 2 Oct 2012:Jobless numbers hit a grim record of 18.2 million across the eurozone in August, showing an annual rise of well over two million for the recession-stricken single currency area.
- 5 Sep 2012:Chinese government officials have used economic cooperation talks, between Germany and China, to raise the topic that a bilateral solution could be reached between the two countries to avoid a potential photovoltaic trade war.
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone AP shipments to fall almost 20% in 1Q16
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan makers ship 10.235 million LCD TVs in 4Q15
- Digitimes Research: Konica Minolta showcases flexible OLED lighting panels at Lighting Japan 2016
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone shipments increase 11.5% on quarter in 4Q15
- Chinese Semiconductor Industry's Latest Move: Sage Micro's Low-key Acquisition of Initio
- CAYIN Invites Visitors to Think Outside Digital Signage at ISE 2016
- AVEXIR launched ROG certified memory: Unleash your ROG spirit
- Critical materials council to be managed by TECHCET in 2016
- NANIUM's latest WL3D solution reduces space required by 5X
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
- Digitimes Research: Shrinking tablet market prompts China touch panel supply chain to look for growth elsewhere
Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang has been outspoken with his predictions about future technologies and products,...
During a Digitimes interview, Global Sales and Operations senior vice president B.S. Teh for Seagate...
At this point most consumers are not that familiar with the USB Type C specification but it has the...
Buoyed by its ZenFone series smartphones, Asustek Computer has captured a portion of the global smartphone...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...