- 5 Mar 2014:More than 450 employees at NXP Semiconductors wafer fab in Nijmegen, The Netherlands, have held a two-hour strike in protest at stalled wage negotiations, according to local reports.
- 25 Oct 2013:
- 16 Jul 2013:
- 20 Jun 2013:
- 7 Jun 2013:JPMorgan said weak demand for Samsung's flagship phone, the Galaxy S4, from Europe was likely to impact earnings.
- 6 Jun 2013:China took aim on June 5 at exports of the Europe-made wines favored by its growing middle class, responding to an EU move to impose anti-dumping duties of China-based solar panels as tensions rise between two of the world's biggest trade partners.
- Less than a day after the EU said it was imposing preliminary import tariffs on China-based solar panels, China's Ministry of Commerce announced on June 5 that it had begun a trade investigation of wines imported from the European Union.
- 5 Jun 2013:The move comes a day after the EU imposed anti-dumping levies on China-made solar panel imports.
- The Germany industries on June 4 expressed concerns over the EU's decision to impose provisional anti-dumping duties on China-made solar products.
- 4 Jun 2013:China and the EU are quarreling over China-based exports of solar panels, which Europe says are being dumped in its markets.
- 30 May 2013:Trade negotiations between the EU and China ended on May 27 with mutual recriminations.
- 28 May 2013:China-based officials were in Brussels on May 27 to resolve the trade dispute with the EU over exports of solar panels and wireless telecom equipment.
- The European Commission said that trade talks between them and the China-based solar industry have not ?˜broken down' as cited this week by an industry trade group in Beijing.
- 24 May 2013:Major China-based solar panel makers on May 24 protested over punitive tariffs the EU plans to levy on China-made solar products.
- The Obama administration and the EU have each decided to negotiate settlements with China in the world's largest anti-dumping and anti-subsidy trade cases involving China's roughly US$30 billion a year in solar panel shipments to the West, officials and trade advisers in Beijing, Brussels and Washington said.
- 16 May 2013:The euro slid to its weakest level in more than a month after figures showed that the eurozone economy shrank by more than expected, raising concerns about the health of the single currency bloc.
- 7 May 2013:Retail sales across the eurozone have fallen for the second month in a row in March, according to the European Union statistics agency Eurostat.
- The EU's trade chief will recommend placing punitive import duties on billions of euros of solar panels from China, people close to the matter say, putting up a barrier to protect Europe-based producers but risking upsetting Beijing.
- 6 May 2013:German chipmaker Infineon brightened its gloomy outlook for this year, citing orders from carmakers hoping sales of higher-spec models in China will offset flagging demand in Europe.
- 9 Apr 2013:
- 22 Feb 2013:
- 8 Feb 2013:
- 4 Feb 2013:The contraction of manufacturing across the eurozone slowed in January amid signs that the worst may be over, according to a survey.
- 24 Jan 2013:Japan has posted a record high trade deficit for 2012, as exports to Europe and China continued their plunge.
- 22 Jan 2013:The recession in Europe is entering its fifth year and unemployment doesn't look like it will be returning to normal levels anytime soon.
- 19 Nov 2012:Europe's striking warning to US that austerity is no solution to fiscal cliff (November 15) - GuardianOn 14 November, people in Madrid and all across Europe participated in a demonstration against government austerity measures.
- 6 Nov 2012:Booming sales in Asia have helped German car firm BMW shrug off the gloom in Europe to report a record third quarter pre-tax profit.
- 1 Nov 2012:
- 2 Oct 2012:Jobless numbers hit a grim record of 18.2 million across the eurozone in August, showing an annual rise of well over two million for the recession-stricken single currency area.
- 5 Sep 2012:Chinese government officials have used economic cooperation talks, between Germany and China, to raise the topic that a bilateral solution could be reached between the two countries to avoid a potential photovoltaic trade war.
- 3 Sep 2012:Manufacturing output across the 17-country eurozone shrank again in August, according to a widely-watched survey.
- 22 Aug 2012:Japan has reported a wider-than-expected trade deficit in July, as slowing demand from China and Europe weighed on exports.
- 26 Jul 2012:
- 16 Jul 2012:Future Horizons has said it included the comment "We assume GlobalFoundries will purchase IBM's semiconductor division and that Hynix/Micron will buy up the remaining smaller memory firms," in the conclusions of a report prepared by Future Horizons and Decision SA for the European Commission on the future of 450mm wafer processing in Europe.
- 5 Jul 2012:Shoppers in the eurozone loosened their purse-strings in May, but the trend remained sluggish, official statistics have shown.
- 4 Jun 2012:
- 22 May 2012:
- 7 May 2012:The results in France and Greece came after a tumultuous few weeks in which the Dutch government fell and Britain's Conservative-led coalition received a licking in local elections.
- 3 May 2012:Unemployment in the eurozone reached a record high again in March 2012 as spending cuts continued to hit the working population.
- 2 May 2012:
- Accurate Analysis of Multi-Gigabit Systems Using HSPICE
- GIGABYTE's EasyTune App makes overclocking a breeze on new Intel Pentium Anniversary Edition CPUs
- OAXIS adds a second E Ink screen to your smartphone with launch of InkCase+ on Kickstarter
- Indium announces RMA-155 Pb-Free Solder Paste
- EverFocus' great leap forward: eZ Hopper
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: On-cell touch panels unlikely to win favor in high-end smartphones in 2014
- Digitimes Research: Hisilicon AP to give Huawei cost advantage in high-end mobile device market
- Commentary: Panel makers need to be more active in developing products
- Digitimes Research: Google looking to clean up Android device mess in emerging markets
- Digitimes Research: Youngfast, Melfas looking beyond G1F touch
MediaTek has taken up to 60% of the 3G handset solution market in China, pushing the market value of...
AMD has been reorganizing its businesss, such as moving its desktop business headquarters to Beijing,...
Intel president Renee James, during a recent interview, told Digitimes that the company and its partners...
According to a recent IDC research note, the transition toward mobile and cloud-based computing is...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...