- 29 Apr 2013:China-based LDK Solar said on April 26 that it sold 25 million newly issued shares to Fulai Investments Ltd., a company owned by Cheng Kin Ming, a Chinese businessman based in Hong Kong, for US$25.8 million.
- 4 Mar 2013:LDK Solar announced the sale of 5,000,000 newly issued ordinary shares of LDK Solar to Fulai Investments Limited, at a purchase price of US$1.83 per share with an aggregate purchase price of US$9,150,000, thereby completing the first portion of the transaction contemplated in its share purchase agreement dated January 21, 2013 with Fulai Investments Limited.
- 1 Feb 2013:LDK Solar Co Ltd said China Development Bank Corp approved a CNY440 million (US$69.8 million) loan, as the country's state-run banks continue to extend credit to its solar companies.
- 7 Nov 2012:
- 29 Oct 2012:
- 23 Oct 2012:LDK Solar, the second-biggest maker of wafers that convert the sun's energy to electricity, rose the most in almost a year after China-based investors purchased a minority stake.
- 19 Sep 2012:
- 18 Jul 2012:LDK Solar, the world's second- biggest maker of wafers that convert sunlight to power, will have part of its debts paid by the government of the Chinese city in which it is based.
- 3 May 2012:LDK Solar Co. (LDK), the world's second- largest maker of wafers for cells, cut 5,554 jobs this year after plunging prices cut margins to a record low amid a renewable-energy shakeout that's pushed at least eight solar companies into bankruptcy and prompted thousands of industry firings.
- 5 Jan 2012:
- 23 Nov 2011:
- 17 Nov 2011:
- 1 Sep 2011:Chinese banks are the most important investor base in the Dim Sum market and they take a different view to PRC credits compared to investors in global markets.
- 27 Jul 2011:LDK Solar Co., Ltd., a vertically integrated manufacturer of photovoltaic (PV) products, today announced that its PV Module Lab located in Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province, China, has officially taken part in Intertek Group's Satellite Program.
- 22 Jul 2011:
- 19 Jul 2011:China-based solar equipment maker LDK Solar Co Ltd said on Monday the chairman of its audit committee had resigned, and its shares fell to their lowest level in a year.
- 14 Jun 2011:
- 2 May 2011:
- 28 Apr 2011:
- 27 Apr 2011:Shares of LDK Solar (LDK) were tumbling after hours following the company's first-quarter guidance.The stock, which gained 3.3% today, was down 2.4% in recent after hours trading.
- 8 Apr 2011:LDK Solar has announced a business investment of approximately US$40 million to establish a new manufacturing plant in Nanchang City, Jiangxi Province (China). This new manufacturing facility will have capacity to supply two million 2-inch equivalent pieces of sapphire wafers per year and be positioned to capture the growing opportunities in the LED industry.
- 27 Jan 2011:
- 5 Jan 2011:The investors, including China Development Bank and China Construction Bank Corp., will take an 18.46 percent stake in the Chinese company's polysilicon unit.
- 9 Nov 2010:
- 11 Oct 2010:LDK said it expects third-quarter revenue of $610 million to $640 million, up from a previous forecast of revenue of $570 million to $600 million. LDK revised higher its wafer shipments outlook to 550MW to 570MW from its prior outlook of 520MW to 550MW.
- 27 Sep 2010:
- 23 Sep 2010:
- 2 Sep 2010:LDK Solar said it has filed a lawsuit against solar module maker Canadian Solar demanding compensation from contract termination.
- 17 Aug 2010:LDK Solar is planning to build a solar manufacturing facility with 1 gigawatt of solar cell and 500 megawatts of solar module capacity. The manufacturing facility is expected to begin production in the second quarter of 2011, backed by US$368 million in financing for up to three years from a Chinese lender.
- 12 Aug 2010:LDK Solar reported Tuesday that it earned net income of US$45 million, or 36 cents per American Depositary Share, in the quarter that ended June 30. That compared with a net loss of US$216.9 million, or US2.03 per ADS, when it took a hefty writedown on plummeting inventory value in the year-ago quarter.
- 19 Apr 2010:
- 19 Dec 2009:Shares of LDK Solar plunged further on December 18 as the Chinese solar panel maker priced at a deep discount an equity offering that it said is part of the capital raise it needs to continue operating.
- 22 Sep 2009:LDK Solar certifies Applied wire sawing system for solar wafer production (Sep 21) - Company releaseLDK Solar is scheduled to complete the installation of more than 50 MaxEdge wafering systems in October.
- 26 Aug 2009:LDK Solar has formed an agreement with Yancheng City in China's Jiangsu Province to develop several photovoltaic power projects, including ground-power stations and roof and building integration systems.
- 17 Aug 2009:A run of poor earnings has damped confidence in once-booming solar companies.
- 26 Jul 2009:Shares of solar-energy company LDK Solar rose sharply on July 24 after the Chinese company raised its second-quarter revenue and shipment forecasts. LDK plans to report its results on August 12.
- 6 Jul 2009:Solar-power company LDK Solar boosted its wafer shipment forecast for the second quarter on stronger-than-expected demand but issued a revenue view below Wall Street estimates.
- 2 Jul 2009:
- 24 Jun 2009:
- Indium Corporation features ultra-low residue no-clean Flip-Chip Flux at SEMICON Taiwan
- Indium Corporation's patented BiAgX: A drop-in replacement for high-Pb solders
- Echoing Government's Productivity 4.0, IoT Automation Boosts Taiwan's Competitiveness
- ASUS selects Pixelworks' Iris mobile display processor and True Clarity enhancements for ZenPad tablet
- Etasis promotes new 350W 1U slim redundant power supply to market
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: Tablets with phone functionality from white-box players to suffer over 15% decline in 2Q15
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone shipments see weaker-than-expected growth in 2Q15
- Digitimes Research: Intel 28nm SoFIA 4G AP delayed to early 2016; may face overlap issue with 14nm version
- Digitimes Research: White-box players pushing 10.1-inch Windows tablets
- Silicon providers main beneficiaries of enthusiast PC growth; opportunities exist for vendors to raise profits with innovative products, says HWinsights
- Zoom Storage looking to become media library for mobile device users
- AMD unveils sixth-generation A-series APUs for mobile products
- Computex 2015: Startup company Endless pushing PC for developing countries
- Computex 2015: Nvidia unveils GTX 980 Ti and G-Sync technology
- Computex 2015: BioLogic SportCase wins Design and Innovation Award
Competition in the graphics card market has grown fierce as demand for graphics cards from the gaming...
Socionext, a Japan-based corporation focused on the design, development, and sales of system-on-chip...
Computex has evolved into one of the biggest and most important ICT trade shows in the world since...
Although the company has not been operating in the gaming notebook industry for long, Gigabyte Technology...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...