- 15 Feb 2017:This amended complaint also expands the accused products to include the Apple iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus which use Intel's PMB5750 transceiver chip, which is based on Intel's SMARTi architecture.
- 13 Feb 2017:Apple may have paid Qualcomm approx. $40 per iPhone, accounted for third of Qualcomm's revenues (Feb 10) - Foss PatentsIf Qualcomm sold its baseband processors at approx. $20 per unit and collected or demanded royalties from Apple amounting to more or less the same amount, that would correspond to $40 per iPhone (or cellular iPad).
- 8 Feb 2017:
- 30 Dec 2016:
- 15 Dec 2016:
- 1 Dec 2016:Samsung Electronics is facing a patent lawsuit from the Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology in the US, the institute confirmed Wednesday.
- 7 Jul 2016:
- 1 Jul 2016:Oracle has lost its second multibillion-dollar legal battle in little more than a month, after a jury in Silicon Valley ordered it on Thursday to pay US$3bn in damages to the former Hewlett-Packard.
- 23 Jun 2016:Microchip executives have quelled most of the dissent from its acquisitions of Atmel and Micrel. However, small pockets of discontent remain on three continents.
- 1 Jun 2016:A patent-licensing firm is seeking to force Apple to suspend its Facetime and iMessage services claiming it has suffered "irreparable harm" as a result of the tech giant's actions.
- 19 May 2016:A brief history of a dominant Google's soul-searching competition battle in the EU.
- 30 Mar 2016:Seoul Semiconductor announced that it has prevailed in a patent infringement lawsuit regarding LED backlight lens technology against Japanese lens maker Enplas.
- 24 Mar 2016:Oracle Corp. accused Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co. in a lawsuit of helping a partner company illegally sell software support for the Solaris operating system.
- 12 Nov 2015:
- 9 Nov 2015:
- 14 Oct 2015:The University of Wisconsin successfully claimed that Apple used its microchip technology without permission in some iPhones and iPads.
- 20 May 2015:The US has charged six Chinese nationals over the alleged theft of technology used in mobile phones. The six, including three university professors, are accused of using the technology to benefit universities and companies controlled by Beijing.
- 6 May 2015:
- 2 Apr 2015:
- 17 Mar 2015:
- 26 Feb 2015:A Texas jury ordered Apple to pay $533 million for improperly using another company's patented technology in iTunes.
- 14 Jan 2015:Four Silicon Valley companies including Apple and Google have agreed to a new settlement that would resolve an antitrust class action lawsuit by tech workers, who accused the firms of conspiring to avoid poaching each other's employees.
- 12 Nov 2014:
- 5 Sep 2014:
- 21 Aug 2014:
- 27 Jun 2014:
- 21 May 2014:
- 11 Feb 2014:
- 25 Dec 2013:
- 16 Dec 2013:In the ongoing battle between mobile technology titans Samsung and Apple, the California-based company recorded a triumphant victory in its South Korean rival's backyard this week.
- 22 Nov 2013:A Silicon Valley jury has ruled that Samsung must pay US$290m to Apple for copying iPhone and iPad features in its devices.
- 31 Oct 2013:After hearing the case in the Patents Court in London, the judge decided that HTC had infringed on a European Patent held by Nokia entitled "Modulator structure for a transmitter and a mobile station", according to court documents.
- 16 Aug 2013:Samsung has been named in a lawsuit filed by a Brazilian labor group, which said working conditions at the technology firm's assembly lines were in violation of Brazilian law.
- 13 Aug 2013:
- 18 Jun 2013:
- 13 Jun 2013:SK Hynix has signed a five-year licensing deal worth US$240 million to settle an ongoing patent infringement lawsuit brought against it by intellectual property licensing firm Rambus.
- 11 Jun 2013:
- 10 May 2013:
- Clientron to present its POS Solution at EuroShop 2017
- Entegris announces higher-purity gas purification system platform with expanded manufacturing in Asia
- Spirox resolved to propose termination of exclusive distributor agreement with Xcerra Corporation
- Litemax 7 products received the 25th Taiwan Excellence Award
- Advantest Will Showcase Products, Demonstrations and a Technical Paper at SEMICON Korea, February 8-10 in Seoul
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Note 7 issues may help Apple to regain number-1 crown in 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
Germany's Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology as well as Committee on Foreign Investment in...
Qualcomm agreed in late 2016 to buy NXP Semiconductor for about US$47 billion in the biggest-ever deal...
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
Gary Patton, a 30-year veteran in the semiconductor industry, joined Globalfoundries as CTO in July...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...