- 3 Sep 2015:
- 22 Jul 2015:"We made a decision back to September not to disclose the shipments of the watch," Cook told investors on Tuesday.
- 12 Jun 2015:
- 5 Mar 2015:
- 26 Feb 2015:A Texas jury ordered Apple to pay $533 million for improperly using another company's patented technology in iTunes.
- 27 Jan 2015:
- 11 Dec 2014:
- 2 Dec 2014:
- 27 Aug 2014:
- 14 Feb 2014:According to people familiar with Apple's plans, the company has made the decision to ramp down iPad 2 production given that customers are resoundingly shifting purchases towards its more modern and capable iPads, namely the iPad mini and iPad Air.
- 22 Nov 2013:A Silicon Valley jury has ruled that Samsung must pay US$290m to Apple for copying iPhone and iPad features in its devices.
- 19 Nov 2013:
- 12 Nov 2013:GlobalFoundries is preparing to make chips for Apple's iPhone and iPad at its Fab 8 complex in Malta, according to a source close to the company.
- 15 Oct 2013:Shopping for a laptop or portable computer these days feels a lot like shopping for a toothbrush. There's an inexhaustible variety of sizes, colors and shapes. There are Windows tablets, Windows tablets that become laptops and then just your average Windows laptops. There's the iPad and then a massive selection of Android tablets. There's also Apple's family of MacBooks.
- 10 Sep 2013:Apple's innovation problem is real. And it's unlikely to silence the critics if it simply unveils multi-colored iPhones on Tuesday.
- 2 Aug 2013:
- 21 May 2013:A Senate committee said that Apple had used "a complex web of offshore entities" to avoid paying billions of dollars in US income taxes.
- 3 Apr 2013:A two-week long Chinese media campaign had focused on Apple's repair policies.
- 20 Mar 2013:Samsung's disclosure comes after people familiar with Apple's plans said last month the company has about 100 product designers working on a wristwatch-like device that may perform similar functions to the iPhone and iPad.
- 31 Jan 2013:
- 16 Jan 2013:Apple is reportedly seeking to open a research and development facility in Beijing, as well as relocate App Store and iTunes servers to the country in order to facilitate development and distribution of online content for the Asian market, according to information posted Tuesday by Tencent, a Chinese news portal, and translated by BrightWire.
- 15 Jan 2013:Tim Cook, making his second trip to China as Apple's CEO, predicted Friday that the world's most populous country will one day become Apple's number one customer.
- 25 Dec 2012:
- 3 Dec 2012:RBC Capital Markets speculates that Intel could build ARM-based chips for future iPhones and, in return, Apple could use x86 processors in next-generation iPads.
- 22 Nov 2012:Apple is exploring ways to replace Intel processors in its Mac PCs with a version of the chip technology it uses in the iPhone and iPad, according to people familiar with the company's research.
- 16 Nov 2012:
- 12 Nov 2012:Samsung has made no secret of the fact that it provides a number of the key components inside Apple's flagship iPhone and iPad devices, even while actively competing against them with its own Galaxy line of Android competitors. A major change in that relationship has now been reported out of Korea, however, where the Chosun Ilbo says Samsung has increased the price of manufacturing Apple's application processor by nearly 20%.
- 7 Nov 2012:Online voting is taking off in local elections, particularly overseas. But Americans shouldn't expect to vote for the president on their laptop or iPad anytime soon.
- 29 Oct 2012:
- 23 Oct 2012:
- Apple will hold a launch event in the US later today (October 23), where the technology giant is expected to unveil its much-rumoured iPad Mini tablet.
- 16 Oct 2012:
- 22 Aug 2012:As Apple's stock rose to new high on Monday (August 20), the technology giant set another record: It became the most valuable public company in history.
- 20 Aug 2012:Radiant Opto-Electronics Corp, a supplier of LCD backlight modules for Apple's iPad tablets, yesterday reported that net profit in the first half of the year grew 26% from the same period last year, bolstered by stronger-than-expected second-quarter earnings.
- 17 Aug 2012:Apple's iPad Mini has been the source of many rumors over the last several weeks. However, in the last couple of days, the device has received far more attention with claims that it'll ship later this year with a design that effectively turns it into a big iPod Touch. According to other reports, the iPad Mini will ship with a 7.85-inch screen and come in at a much lower price than Apple's larger slate.
- 14 Aug 2012:Miocrosoft names partners for Windows RT tablet push against Apple iPad (August 14) - telegraph.com.uk (USE Daily Telegraph (UK))Microsoft has named the first wave of manufacturers signed up to produce tablets for Windows RT, its first operating system designed for processor based on designs by the British company ARM, which dominates mobile computing.
- 30 Jul 2012:We all know about Apple's iPad. Certain heavily marketed Android-based tablets like Google's Nexus 7 and Amazon's Kindle Fire are moving towards household-name status as well.
- 18 Jul 2012:Google's tablet is off to a rousing debut. I doubt sales numbers will reach iPad standards, but Nexus 7 is nevertheless hotly pursued and reports from early adopters evoke pure delight. If you want one and haven't ordered, be prepared to wait. In the United States, delay is now nominal for the 8GB model -- 3 to 5 business days before shipping, according to Google Play. Prepare to wait three to four weeks for the 16GB tablet, however. That's from Google, which right now has best availablity following the first weekend rush.
- 16 Jul 2012:Google on Friday began shipping its Nexus 7, which is smaller and less expensive than Apple's iPad, and is meant to compete with both that device and Amazon's Kindle Fire.
- 11 Jul 2012:Samsung tablets do not infringe on a registered Apple design because "they are not as cool" and the Galaxy Tablets "do not have the same understated and extreme simplicity which is possessed by the Apple design," a UK judge said in a ruling on Monday.
- Thunder: Custom and Big Data analysis layout solution
- IoT of tomorrow can change mankind
- Advantest joins with Malaysian OSAT Fabtronic and government group to establish first shared-services lab in Southeast Asia
- Leveraging smart automated SI energy, Toes helps manufacturers move towards Industry 4.0
- Imagination receives TSMC 2015 Graphics Partner of the Year Award
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
- Digitimes Research: Shrinking tablet market prompts China touch panel supply chain to look for growth elsewhere
- Digitimes Research: Apple to push forward with In-Cell touch technology in 2015 but highly considering G/G for 2016
- Digitimes Research: Tsinghua Unigroup acquisition of Micron faces difficulties, but is a must for China for further development
- Digitimes Research: Qualcomm to push inexpensive mobile device market with Microsoft and Allwinner solutions
Notebook vendor Acer aims to ship at least five million smartphones in 2015 and plans to hike the shipments...
The acquisition of Freescale by NXP Semiconductors will make NXP the world's second largest MCU supplier...
Competition in the graphics card market has grown fierce as demand for graphics cards from the gaming...
Socionext, a Japan-based corporation focused on the design, development, and sales of system-on-chip...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...