- 6 Feb 2015:Japanese electronics maker Sharp Corp said a sale of any of its overseas factories was not under consideration currently, after a report said it planned to sell its TV manufacturing plant in Mexico next year.
- 16 Apr 2013:Japan-based Sony has managed to slash the operating loss in its television business by half in the just-ended fiscal year by reducing fixed costs and narrowing its product lineup, a company executive said Thursday--a significant improvement even though the segment has lost money for a ninth year in a row, the Nikkei reported.
- 26 Mar 2013:"Furthermore, Digitimes Research published in January suggests that by the end of 2014, global sales of UHDTVs could pass the 10 million mark, despite their high price tags, humongous screens and lack of native content."
- 26 Jul 2012:Sharp is considering chopping some 3,000 jobs, or 15% of its parent-basis workforce, to turn its deteriorating business around, Kyodo News reported Thursday, citing sources close to the plan.
- 24 Jul 2012:Samsung Electronics extended its lead in the worldwide LCD TV market in the first quarter, while the overall market shrank, research firm IHS iSuppli reported Friday.
- 13 Jul 2012:Toshiba has announced that it will implement a series of functional reorganizations of its Digital Products business facilities in Japan that will enhance operating efficiency and the performance of its Digital Products businesses, including the LCD TV business.
- 12 Jul 2012:The LCD flavor of flat-screen TVs are by far the most popular, making up 84% of the market, yet demand for them is waning. Shipments of LCD units declined for the first time ever, dropping 3% to 43 million units in the first quarter, according to an NPD DisplaySearch report.
- 25 Jun 2012:Vizio on Wednesday announced that it had shipped more LCD HDTVs than any other vendor in the first quarter of 2012. The company captured an 18.5% market share of the LCD HDTV industry, increasing 3.5% quarter-over-quarter, and a 27.5% overall share.
- 8 May 2012:Toshiba has predicted profit will rise 83% as sales recover from a slump caused by the strong yen, falling prices and natural disasters.
- 7 May 2012:After having declined for the past two years, the price for LCD TV panels rose by US$1 per unit, or 0.79 percent, in the first half of this month, with further price increases expected next month, as the lower yield rate limited supply growth ahead of China's Labor Day shopping holiday this month, market researcher NPD DisplaySearch said.
- 30 Apr 2012:Samsung Electronics has announced revenues of 45.27 trillion Korean won on a consolidated basis for the first quarter ended March 31, 2012, a 22-percent increase year-on-year.
- 26 Apr 2012:Flat-panel maker LG Display Co. said Tuesday that it stayed in the red for a third consecutive quarter, hurt by continued sluggish demand for television panels, but added it's now seeing green shoots of recovery and may swing back to profit in the current quarter.
- LG Electronics Inc. posted its first profit in three quarters, beating expectations thanks to a revival in its mobile business and demand for high-end TVs.
- 24 Apr 2012:Japan's Sony Corp is in talks with Taiwan's AU Optronics Corp to jointly produce next-generation OLED televisions, the Yomiuri Shimbun reported, positioning itself for the post-liquid crystal display (LCD) TV market.
- 10 Apr 2012:Sony Corp flagged a record $6.4 billion annual net loss, double its earlier forecast and a fourth straight year of red ink, inflated by writing off deferred tax credits mainly in the United States.
- 2 Mar 2012:Microsemi Corporation, a leading provider of semiconductor solutions differentiated by power, security, reliability and performance, today announced a new, revolutionary non-dissipative LED backlight driver for LCD TV applications.
- 23 Feb 2012:
- Having previously differenciated their LCD and Plasma TV lines by virtue of size; Panasonic have annouced that they will be producing larger screen LED TVs for the first time.
- 4 Feb 2012:
- Panasonic Corp. forecast a record net loss of JPY780 billion for the current year, making it the latest consumer electronics giant to predict declining earnings because of the stronger yen, a slower global economy and the floods in Thailand.
- 19 Jan 2012:
- 17 Jan 2012:Foxconn will lay off 600 people in its Slovak plant where it makes LCD TVs for Sony due to low demand, Slovak business daily Hospodarske noviny reported on Monday.
- 20 Dec 2011:
- 14 Dec 2011:
- 9 Dec 2011:Sharp Corp. said Thursday it expects to sell more than 1 million large LCD TVs in North America in the business year to March, about five times more than last year as demand surges in the US market.
- 7 Dec 2011:
- Apple's long-rumoured iOS-packing LCD TV range may be set for a 2012 release according to the latest round of rumours.
- 1 Dec 2011:As projected, the largest LCD TVs were indeed cheaper and more plentiful and increased sales in third-quarter 2011, but it was the 32-inch screen size segment that continued to wildly outpace all other segments quarter to quarter.
- 28 Nov 2011:Doorbuster deals on LCD TVs drew crowds of Black Friday shoppers to big box stores on Thanksgiving evening.
- 24 Nov 2011:
- 23 Nov 2011:LCD TV prices will fall to their lowest levels of all time this Black Friday, as television manufacturers try to use bargains to revive struggling sales.
- 22 Nov 2011:
- 17 Nov 2011:
- 16 Nov 2011:
- 15 Nov 2011:
- 10 Nov 2011:Samsung Electronics, the world's largest flat screen TV vendor, said Tuesday that it has suspended its plan to develop active shutter three-dimensional (3D) TVs with RealD, the US-based 3D technology supplier.
- 3 Nov 2011:Sony Corp warned of a fourth straight year of losses, with its television unit alone set to lose $2.2 billion on tumbling demand and a surging yen, sinking its US shares and raising concerns about the viability of its high-profile TV business.
- 1 Nov 2011:Sony Corp.,reeling from seven consecutive annual losses in television manufacturing, plunged the most in more than seven months in Tokyo after announcing a reorganization of the business into three groups.
- EuroBLECH 2016 reflects trend towards smart manufacturing in sheet metal working
- Advantest rated as Advanced Masks Technology Center GmbH & Co. KG's (AMTC) best supplier 2015 for the second year in a row
- CAYIN to rollout system software upgrade and new product line
- Advantest introduces V93000 wave scale cards for cost-effective testing of current and next-generation RF semiconductors
- Computer-on-modules deliver an ideal solution for Industry 4.0 intelligent automation
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
Gaming notebooks have become the main focus of Gigabyte Technology's notebook department and despite...
The next wave of computing is now beginning to define the IT industry, where the boundaries of computing...
The launch of virtual reality headsets for the consumer market and the increasing demand for ultra...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...