- 29 Apr 2015:Qualcomm has announced that its subsidiary, Qualcomm Technologies, is powering LG's latest flagship smartphone, the LG G4. The new smartphone is the first to feature the Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor with X10 LTE.
- 24 Feb 2015:According to a new report (Korean) from South Korea, LG has started working on a next-generation high-end SoC that's going to use the recently announced Cortex-A72 CPU and an unnamed Mali GPU (likely the high-end Mali-T880).
- 13 Jan 2015:The newly unveiled LG G Flex 2 isn't just a smartphone for display buffs, the handset is also packing Qualcomm's latest and greatest 64-bit Snapdragon 810 processor. However, all may not be well with Qualcomm's latest high-end SoC, as more rumors have surfaced suggesting that the chip is struggling with some performance impacting production issues.
- 5 Nov 2014:In a sign that LG and Google are tightening their Android alliance, the two companies have announced a deal to enter into a "long-term patent cross-licensing agreement" covering both existing and future products.
- 29 Aug 2014:The firm said a curved 65in (165cm) set would go on sale in Europe, South Korea and North America in September.
- 19 Feb 2014:South Korean multinational conglomerates Samsung and LG are considering setting up units to manufacture electronic chips in India, following the government's clearance to build two such semiconductor units.
- 12 Feb 2014:The company's comments feel at once like a hedge against the possibility that Apple may release a watch in 2014, and also like an attempt to prove it can keep up with its Android rivals Samsung and LG.
- 21 Nov 2013:LG is investigating allegations that some of its TVs send details about their owners' viewing habits back to the manufacturer even if the users have activated a privacy setting.
- 12 Nov 2013:While LG and Samsung promote their curved handsets with bendable displays, rival Nokia appears to have been silently working on the next stage in flexible technology.
- 14 Aug 2013:The smartphone-fans turned out with BB guns and knives on sticks to pop the balloons and claim a voucher for a free LG G2.
- 28 May 2013:
- 26 Mar 2013:The latest toxic gas leaks may not have caused serious physical harm, but the fact that the culprit companies failed to promptly report to state authorities is raising suspicions of corporate negligence.
- 26 Feb 2013:
- 18 Feb 2013:HTC, Nokia, Motorola, LG face suit alleging misuse of semiconductor patent (February 12) - ComputerworldTela Innovations has filed patent infringement complaints against key mobile handset vendors, including LG, HTC, Nokia and Motorola Mobility.
- 3 Jan 2013:The 1080p OLED TV will sell for US$10,300.
- 5 Dec 2012:Taiwan's TSMC will produce the LG-designed chips with using a finer 28-nanometer processing technology.
- 26 Oct 2012:
- 24 Oct 2012:LG Electronics posted an operating profit of KRW220.5 billion(about US$195 million) in the third quarter, rebounding from last year's deficit.
- 12 Oct 2012:
- 21 Sep 2012:On one side, there's 4K: four times the resolution of your current TV. LG, Sony, JVC, and others have all announced or shown upcoming 4K displays.
- 19 Sep 2012:LG announces upgraded Smart ThinQ appliances, average refrigerator IQ set to rise in 2012 (Jan 5) - engadgetWere last year's ThinQ appliances from LG just not quite... sophisticated enough for you? Well, noble reader, screw that monocle a little tighter into your eye and get a load of this year's crop, which LG has dubbed Smart ThinQ.
- 10 Jul 2012:
- 28 May 2012:LG has reached a significant milestone in its TV business with the launch of the 55EM9600.
- 18 May 2012:LG Electronics Inc. (066570), the world's No. 2 television maker, plans to sell 55-inch sets using the new OLED technology for more than $9,000 in the U.S., two people with knowledge of the matter said.
- 12 Nov 2011:Logitech jumped off the Google TV train earlier this week, but now it looks like another consumer-electronics maker, LG, may be hopping on.
- 9 Nov 2011:The deal provides LG with a license to IV's extensive patent portfolio.
- 7 Nov 2011:
- 1 Nov 2011:Sony Corp.,reeling from seven consecutive annual losses in television manufacturing, plunged the most in more than seven months in Tokyo after announcing a reorganization of the business into three groups.
- 21 Oct 2011:South Korean flat-screen maker LG Display, a key supplier to Apple Inc, posted a wider-than-expected quarterly loss on Thursday as tepid demand for TVs and PCs hit panel prices and one-off losses weighed.
- 13 Oct 2011:Since Android OEMs entered the scene, mobile displays have undergone a major transformation. Makers like HTC, Samsung, LG and Motorola have adopted the 4.3-inch display size as a standard, and some have released even larger devices.
- 12 Oct 2011:LG Display's 47" HD LCD panel offers up vertical single side LED backlight technology, which promises maximum brightness while consuming less electricity than other LCD TV panels over 40 inches in size and even normal PC monitors over 20 inches in size.
- 6 Oct 2011:The Veolo is AC Ryan's version of the LG Smart TV Upgrader and is powered by Android 2.2 (Froyo). Key smart TV functions include a full Web browser with Flash and HTML5 support, as well as downloadable apps, games and widgets from the AndroidPIT app center.
- 3 Oct 2011:South Korea's LG Display Co. said Friday localization is a priority in its China business in order to further expand its presence in the world's No. 2 economy.
- Gunnar Optiks announced an alliance with LG Electronics to co-promote Gunnar's premium 3D eyewear to consumers who have purchased LG Cinema 3D HDTVs.
- 29 Sep 2011:LG Electronics Inc. and component-making unit LG Innotek Co. said on Wednesday that they filed a lawsuit with a South Korean court on Tuesday seeking an injunction blocking local branches of Germany's BMW AG and Audi AG from selling vehicles equipped with lighting products made by Osram AG, which the Korean companies allege infringe their patents.
- 28 Sep 2011:Samsung Electronics was spared from fines for fixing the price of LCD screens, officials from the nation's top antitrust watchdog said. But its rival LG Display is under investigation and may face a heavy fine.
- 26 Sep 2011:
- 21 Sep 2011:South Korea-based global electronics company LG Electronics hopes to be the top 3D TV brand globally by the end of next year.
- 15 Sep 2011:LG has stepped up to the plate with a panel that uses self-refreshing technology.
- 14 Sep 2011:LG has unveiled their PenTouch plasma HDTV at the 2011 IFA.
- Indium Corporation features ultra-low residue no-clean Flip-Chip Flux at SEMICON Taiwan
- Indium Corporation's patented BiAgX: A drop-in replacement for high-Pb solders
- Echoing Government's Productivity 4.0, IoT Automation Boosts Taiwan's Competitiveness
- ASUS selects Pixelworks' Iris mobile display processor and True Clarity enhancements for ZenPad tablet
- Etasis promotes new 350W 1U slim redundant power supply to market
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: Tablets with phone functionality from white-box players to suffer over 15% decline in 2Q15
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone shipments see weaker-than-expected growth in 2Q15
- Digitimes Research: Intel 28nm SoFIA 4G AP delayed to early 2016; may face overlap issue with 14nm version
- Digitimes Research: White-box players pushing 10.1-inch Windows tablets
- Silicon providers main beneficiaries of enthusiast PC growth; opportunities exist for vendors to raise profits with innovative products, says HWinsights
- Zoom Storage looking to become media library for mobile device users
- AMD unveils sixth-generation A-series APUs for mobile products
- Computex 2015: Startup company Endless pushing PC for developing countries
- Computex 2015: Nvidia unveils GTX 980 Ti and G-Sync technology
- Computex 2015: BioLogic SportCase wins Design and Innovation Award
Competition in the graphics card market has grown fierce as demand for graphics cards from the gaming...
Socionext, a Japan-based corporation focused on the design, development, and sales of system-on-chip...
Computex has evolved into one of the biggest and most important ICT trade shows in the world since...
Although the company has not been operating in the gaming notebook industry for long, Gigabyte Technology...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...