- 14 Apr 2014:A long-awaited UN report on how to curb climate change says the world must rapidly move away from carbon-intensive fuels.
- 11 Mar 2013:Concerns about nuclear safety drew tens of thousands of people in Taiwan to a street protest in Taipei on Saturday that called for the government to stop work on a nuclear reactor being built in the north of the earthquake-prone nation.
- 25 Feb 2013:Saudi Arabia is fast becoming a leading investor in alternative energy with the government announcing various solar energy projects that are aimed to ensure sustainable long-term supply of energy across the Kingdom.
- 8 Feb 2013:
- 22 Jan 2013:An audacious plan to lay a multibillion-dollar wind power transmission spine under the seabed from southern Virginia to the New York City area will take a step forward on Tuesday with an announcement of plans for the first leg, a 189-mile segment running from Jersey City to a spot south of Atlantic City.
- 14 Dec 2012:Micron Technology said it will lay off at least 30 workers as it retreats on plans to develop energy-efficient lighting technology, a move that marks the latest blow to alternative energy initiatives in Idaho.
- 22 Aug 2012:
- 3 Aug 2012:A reactor at South Korea's Younggwang nuclear power complex automatically shut down Monday afternoon after detecting signs of malfunctioning, an official at Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power Co., or KHNP, said Tuesday.
- In an ironic scenario, just as India marked its 1GW milestone for solar photovoltaic installations, the nation was left "powerless" for two days in a row.
- 1 Aug 2012:
- 13 Jul 2012:
- 12 Jul 2012:Global investment in clean energy surged 24% in the second quarter, primarily on the strength of a rise in spending on solar parks and wind farms in China.
- 5 Jul 2012:
- 18 Jun 2012:Many politicians and anti-nuclear activists in other countries are joining the international outcry against Japan and its decision to restart two reactors at the nuclear power plant in Oi, Fukui Prefecture.
- 15 Jun 2012:
- The UK offshore wind industry attracted GBP1.95 billion (US$3 billion) of investment in the last financial year as the government boosted the technology to curb emissions and secure energy supplies, Energy Secretary Ed Davey said today.
- 14 Jun 2012:Green electricity sector in Poland will grow faster when it gets head of wind (June 13) - Finacial TimesAt first glance, Poland's renewable energy sector appears to be doing quite well, and the government's target of producing 10.4 per cent of the country's final energy consumption from renewable energy by 2012 has already been exceeded.
- 4 Jun 2012:
- Air quality in all of the 32 Chinese cities that track pollution falls short of World Health Organisation guidelines. Beijing is among the world's most polluted cities.
- According to a recent UN report, the number of renewable energy jobs doubled globally between 2007 and 2011 and millions more will be employed in the sector over the next 20 years.
- 31 May 2012:
- 17 May 2012:
- 9 May 2012:After suffering losses last year amid US anti-subsidy and anti-dumping investigations, Chinese solar panel manufacturers may be seeing a light near the end of the tunnel: a nuclear-free Japan.
- 3 May 2012:
- 22 Jul 2010:China mapped out investment of 5 trillion yuan ($738 billion) into alternative energy over the next decade, an official with the National Energy Administration (NEA) said Tuesday.
- 14 Jul 2010:South Korea, Asia's fourth-biggest crude oil importer, is considering expanding the list of alternative-energy equipment eligible for a tax benefit to cut reliance on fossil fuels.
- 13 Jul 2009:Taiwan, China should cooperate on environment, says KMT chair (Jul 12) - Taiwan Headlines (via e-Government)Taiwan and China should cooperate on energy conservation and environmental protection, the Chairman of the island's ruling party said in a speech on July 11.
- 12 Jun 2009:Call them philanthropic or just call them smart investors, the bottom line is that Google wants to provide an alternate solution to the greenhouse gases of laden coal power generation in the US.
- 11 Jun 2009:A senior Chinese official has said China wants to produce one-fifth of its energy needs from renewable sources by 2020, a significant increase on the current target.
- 3 Jun 2009:China said it will introduce a preferential tariff it will pay energy companies that use solar power for their generating capacity, as part of the government's push for greater use of clean technology.
- 1 Jun 2009:The SEMI PV Group has recommended that China should accelerate its adoption of PV-generated electricity to reach the global average by 2014.
- 20 May 2009:Strong macro factors could boost solar companies, though weak demand, falling module prices and dim profit reports from Chinese solar companies could pressure the sector in the near term.
- 18 May 2009:China's unprecedented growth in recent years has come at a terrible price. Ahead of most forecasts, China in 2008 passed the US to become the world's largest source of greenhouse gases.
- Indium Corporation announces new Vice President of Operations
- ABB and Volvo form global partnership for electric and hybrid bus fast-charging
- Accurate Analysis of Multi-Gigabit Systems Using HSPICE
- GIGABYTE's EasyTune App makes overclocking a breeze on new Intel Pentium Anniversary Edition CPUs
- OAXIS adds a second E Ink screen to your smartphone with launch of InkCase+ on Kickstarter
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: On-cell touch panels unlikely to win favor in high-end smartphones in 2014
- Digitimes Research: Hisilicon AP to give Huawei cost advantage in high-end mobile device market
- Commentary: Panel makers need to be more active in developing products
- Digitimes Research: Google looking to clean up Android device mess in emerging markets
- Digitimes Research: Youngfast, Melfas looking beyond G1F touch
MediaTek has taken up to 60% of the 3G handset solution market in China, pushing the market value of...
AMD has been reorganizing its businesss, such as moving its desktop business headquarters to Beijing,...
Intel president Renee James, during a recent interview, told Digitimes that the company and its partners...
According to a recent IDC research note, the transition toward mobile and cloud-based computing is...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...