- 3 Jun 2013:IC Insights has lowered its 2013 IC market growth forecast 1pp to 5%.
- 8 May 2013:IC Insights forecasts that in 2017, fabless IC companies will command at least one-third (33%) of the total IC market.
- 15 Apr 2013:After strong gains in 2010 and 2011, power transistor sales fell more than 8% in 2012 to US$12.3 billion primarily due to weak economic growth and high levels of uncertainty, which caused equipment makers to rein in semiconductor purchases, according to IC Insights.
- 18 Mar 2013:Seven O-S-D product categories and device groups reached record-high sales in 2012 compared to 14 new records being set in 2011.
- 28 Jan 2013:Worldwide microprocessor sales are expected to regain strength in 2013 and grow 12% to US$65.3 billion after rising just 5% in 2012 to US$58.2 billion due to weakness in standard PCs and the shaky global economy, according to IC Insights.
- 30 Oct 2012:The communications and automotive IC markets are forecast to outpace the growth of the total IC market through 2016, according to IC Insights.
- 30 May 2012:
- 11 Apr 2012:Although only 2% growth was registered in the worldwide semiconductor market in 2011, several companies posted results that were far different, according to IC Insights.
- 4 Feb 2012:Meanwhile, the South Korean companies surpassed the Japanese companies in IC marketshare for the first time in 2011, IC Insights said in its recent report.
- 20 Jun 2011:IC Insights forecasts 1.55 billion cellular phones will ship in 2011, a 9% increase over the 1.4 billion shipped in 2010.
- 27 Jan 2011:The recession caused fab tool vendors to de-accelerate their investments and programs in 450mm. As a result, 450mm production has been delayed at least to 2017 or 2018, said Trevor Yancey, an analyst with IC Insights.
- 5 Nov 2010:"Overall, the SIA forecast for 2012 looks like the "death" of the semiconductor industry, and we couldn't disagree more!" said Bill McClean, president of IC Insights. In IC Insights opinion, 2012 has tremendous upside potential for the semiconductor industry.
- 30 Aug 2010:Samsung has seen its semiconductor revenues rise at CAGR of 13.5% from 1999-2009, while Intel's sales have increased at a CAGR of just 3.4% in the same period. Extrapolating these growth rates, Samsung would pass Intel in semiconductor sales in 2014, according to IC Insights.
- 2 Aug 2010:IC Insights' recently updated Strategic Reviews Online database shows that most large memory and foundry companies performed extremely well in 1H10.
- 30 Jul 2010:The US$72 billion increase in 2010 would equate to a growth rate of 30% over 2009. This 30% jump would be the sixth largest in the past 32 years and the highest since the 37% increase 10 years ago in 2000.
- 31 May 2010:Surging memory market shake up top-20 chip vendors in 1Q10, says IC Insights (May 27) - Company releaseToshiba, Hynix, Micron and Elpida all moved up at least one position in the top 20 list, with Elpida jumping six spots.
- 23 Jan 2010:450mm production fabs could be pushed out to 2015 or 2016 - or two years later than some had hoped, according to analysts. And EUV may miss the insertion into the 16nm node, thereby pushing the technology out to the 13nm logic node in 2015.
- 17 Sep 2009:Buyers can expect price erosion for NOR flash memory for the rest of the year, but prices will stabilize in 2010, according to market researcher IC Insights.
- 13 Apr 2009:According to IC Insights' update to its 2009 forecast, released Thursday, the "perfect storm" of negative factors that have damaged business in the first half of 2009 will bring about a much more "friendly" environment for the IC industry in the second half of the year.
- 17 Dec 2008:DRAM ASPs (average selling prices) will climb significantly in 2010 on high demand and lower supply, according to the 2009 edition of IC Insights' McClean Report, to be released next month. This jump in prices will once again give the DRAM producer renewed confidence, leading to moderate increases in DRAM spending in 2010 and big DRAM capital expenditure increases in 2011.
- GIGABYTE wants to take you to Computex 2015 with the GIGABYTE Z97 - X99 BIG XTU Challenge
- Devoted to IE3 premium-efficiency motor R&D, Tatung aims to help the industry boost energy savings
- Enova announces X-Wall MX+, SATA Gen 3 Real-time encryption chip operating at 6 Gbps
- Indium Corporation receives NPI Award
- Indium Corporation introduces new halogen-free, Pb-free solder paste at APEX
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: Qualcomm antitrust probe reshapes patent licensing in China
- Digitimes Research: Google to finish 2-in-1 Chromebook development in 1Q15
- Digitimes Research: Samsung, LG outsource TV orders to ODMs to secure panel supply
- Digitimes Research: Windows 10 unlikely to bring dramatic changes to mobile device market in 2015
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone industry to report shipment growth of 8.6% for 4Q14
Macronix International, which ranks as the world's second-largest NOR flash supplier with a 19% share...
The applications, demand and service areas for the global storage device industry have seen profound...
Lenovo, which had the fourth-largest market share next to Asustek Computer, Acer and Apple in the Taiwan...
Compal Electronics was one of the pioneers that relocated its major production base to China from Taiwan...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...