- 16 Jun 2011:Toshiba's new technology cuts phase noise in oscillation ICs for wireless communication (June 16) - Company releaseToshiba has developed noise reduction technology that reduces jitter in radio-frequency signals, cutting phase noise by up to 90%. This breakthrough opens the way for a further migration to high-speed wireless communication chips for wireless LAN and WiMAX.
- 20 May 2011:Sequans Communications has shipped its ten millionth 4G chip. Today, Sequans' chips are inside leading 4G devices, such as the HTC EVO 4G smartphone launched by Sprint in USA and the HTC EVO WiMAX smartphone launched by KDDI in Japan.
- 14 Oct 2010:"Beceem's talented teams of engineers in India and the US have been focused on enabling a 4G ecosystem of operators and equipment manufacturers to drive the deployment of 4G networks," said Scott Bibaud, Broadcom's Executive VP & GM of the Mobile Platforms Group. "We look forward to adding their innovative technologies to our product portfolio and providing these technologies to our customers."
- 27 Sep 2010:Samsung selects Anadigics power amplifier for use in Intensity II and Gusto mobile phones (Sep 22) - Company releaseThe announcement follows the news release of September 8 that Anadigics' AWT6264 power amplifier is driving the WiMAX connectivity of Samsung's new Epic 4G smartphone.
- 9 Sep 2010:Anadigics has announced that its AWT6264 power amplifier drives the WiMAX connectivity in Samsung's recently-released Epic 4G handset.
- 7 Apr 2010:Beceem Communications is planning to sell up to US$100 million in common shares in an initial public offering. The company said it is seeking a listing on the Nasdaq under the ticker symbol "BECM."
- 10 Mar 2010:
- 8 Mar 2010:
- 3 Mar 2010:
- 22 Feb 2010:
- 9 Feb 2010:
- 4 Feb 2010:
- 3 Feb 2010:The company plans to focus on leasing space on its WiMax network to other telecommunications companies like Time Warner Cable, Sprint Nextel and Comcast.
- 22 Jan 2010:
- 7 Dec 2009:
- 3 Dec 2009:
- 18 Nov 2009:
- 10 Nov 2009:
- 9 Oct 2009:
- 8 Oct 2009:
- 7 Oct 2009:
- 6 Oct 2009:
- 29 Sep 2009:
- 18 Sep 2009:
- 15 Sep 2009:
- 11 Sep 2009:
- 2 Sep 2009:
- 25 Aug 2009:
- 21 Aug 2009:
- 14 Aug 2009:
- 13 Aug 2009:
- 12 Aug 2009:
- 31 Jul 2009:Time Warner Cable will begin reselling WiMAX mobile broadband from Clearwire in four US markets, including Dallas and Charlotte, North Carolina, by the end of 2009.
- 27 Jul 2009:
- 22 Jul 2009:
- 14 Jul 2009:A day after the Korea Communications Commissions (KCC) announced that Ericsson will build a Korea-based R&D center and create more than 1,000 jobs over the next five years, a company spokesman has said the announcement was merely a government "guesstimate."
- 8 Jul 2009:
- Iceleads raises US$3.5M in Series-A funding for global expansion of its BuyNow solution
- Join ThroughTek's upcoming IoT/M2M webinar!
- KFA: Compact power entry module with filter now with ground line choke
- 2015 Taipei international cycle show: HOLUX exhibits wearable Heart-Rate Smartwatch WRL-8100
- Advantest wins new customer with installation of V93000 semiconductor test system at Shanghai Haier IC in China
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: White-box tablet players turn to Windows 2-in-1s using Intel Bay Trail in 2Q15
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan on-cell touch panel shipments to see strong growth, yet offer little profit
- Digitimes Research: Expanding UAV market to trigger demand for upstream parts, components
- Digitimes Research: Dual-OS tablets becoming popular in white-box market, but Google GMS remains an obstacle
- Digitimes Research: More China-based smartphone vendors gearing up efforts to promote overseas sales
Macronix International, which ranks as the world's second-largest NOR flash supplier with a 19% share...
The applications, demand and service areas for the global storage device industry have seen profound...
Lenovo, which had the fourth-largest market share next to Asustek Computer, Acer and Apple in the Taiwan...
Compal Electronics was one of the pioneers that relocated its major production base to China from Taiwan...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...