- 4 Jul 2016:According to a recent memo, Senate staffers will no longer receive any BlackBerry devices going forward-it's an Android and iPhone world on the hill now. BlackBerry will continue to support any devices still in use, but that's it.
- 27 Jun 2016:A TCL device with the product name DTEK 50 has been certified by the Wi-Fi Alliance, which is odd because DTEK is the name of the privacy suite that ships on the BlackBerry Priv.
- 6 Nov 2015:BlackBerry has launched its first smartphone running the Android operating system. It is a new approach for the company which has struggled to attract customers to its own operating system, BB10.
- 6 Jul 2015:On June 29, 2007, Apple released the original iPhone with a sleek form factor and revolutionary multi-touch screen and significantly disrupted an industry then dominated by companies such as Nokia, BlackBerry, Sony and Motorola.
- 16 Jun 2015:BlackBerry is considering equipping an upcoming smartphone with Google Android software for the first time, an acknowledgement that its revamped line of devices has failed to win mass appeal, according to four sources familiar with the matter.
- 15 Jan 2015:BlackBerry and Samsung Electronics have denied reports that they are in talks about Samsung potentially acquiring the Canadian smartphone maker.
- 25 Nov 2014:
- 14 Nov 2014:BlackBerry and Samsung partner to provide end-to-end security for Android (Nov 13) - Company releaseThe companies are looking to offer an integrated, end-to-end secure solution that brings together BES12, a cross-platform EMM solution by BlackBerry with Samsung Galaxy smartphones and tablets that are embedded with Samsung KNOX.
- 28 Jul 2014:
- 25 Jul 2014:BlackBerry is in talks with rival technology groups about partnerships to compete with the newly forged alliance between Apple and IBM.
- 13 Feb 2014:Samsung recently won an order for roughly 7,000 smartphones from the US Army and is close to an order for several thousand devices from the US National Security Agency, according to a person familiar with the matter.
- 17 Jan 2014:BlackBerry gets order from German customer for 1,000 smartphones (January 16) - Bloomberg (via Businessweek)BlackBerry, seeking to show that its handset business can still attract customers, said a German technology company is upgrading to its Enterprise Service 10 system and will purchase more than 1,000 phones.
- 26 Nov 2013:The smartphone vendor's COO and CMO will leave the company.
- 6 Nov 2013:Shares in struggling smartphone maker Blackberry have fallen 16% after it announced it had abandoned a plan to sell itself to its biggest shareholder, Fairfax Financial Holdings.
- 5 Nov 2013:A consortium that includes the wireless company Qualcomm, the private equity firm Cerberus Capital Management and BlackBerry's co-founders, Mike Lazaridis and Doug Fregin, is preparing a bid for the company ahead of a Monday deadline, according to people briefed on the process.
- BlackBerry receives investment of US$1 billion from Fairfax Financial and other institutional investors (Nov 4) - Company releaseThe company has concluded a review of strategic alternatives and Announced changes to its board and leadership team.
- 18 Oct 2013:Lenovo Group is actively considering a bid for all of struggling Canadian smartphone maker BlackBerry, according to people familiar with the matter, the latest sign of the voracious appetite of Chinese companies for foreign acquisitions.
- 15 Oct 2013:The letter, due to be published on Tuesday, admits the firm is facing "challenging times", but adds that it is taking measures to tackle them.
- BlackBerry announced last month that it plans to lay off a shocking 40% of its global workforce by the end of 2013. The first round of cuts began this week, with 300 employees let go.
- 30 Sep 2013:
- 24 Sep 2013:
- The BlackBerry melodrama may finally be coming to a close. Just days after announcing apocalyptic cuts in its workforce, the company revealed that its largest stakeholder, Fairfax Financial Holdings, has offered to buy the company out for US$4.7 billion, or US$9 a share.
- 23 Sep 2013:Blackberry has announced it is planning to cut 4,500 jobs, or 40% of its worldwide workforce, in an attempt to staunch huge losses.
- 22 Jul 2013:The deal would be a boost for Samsung, which is increasingly seeking to cater to the needs of government agencies, a niche long dominated by Canadian smartphone maker BlackBerry.
- 1 Apr 2013:
- 12 Mar 2013:Lenovo's chief executive has told a France-based publication he is open to an eventual deal to buy embattled smartphone maker BlackBerry.
- 31 Jan 2013:
- It's been leaked and previewed and speculated about for months now. The only thing left to do with the BlackBerry 10 operating system is release it, and RIM-now officially renamed to "BlackBerry"-finally did that today at its press event in New York City.
- 28 Jan 2013:Lenovo has signalled it is a potential acquirer of Research In Motion, lifting the shares in the troubled Canadian maker of BlackBerry smartphones.
- 30 Nov 2012:Nokia has asked courts in the US, UK and Canada to block sales of rival Blackberry smartphones.
- 14 Aug 2012:Research In Motion Ltd. (RIM) said it will soon be ready to license the company's new BlackBerry 10 operating system to other manufacturers, even as it races to release its own devices with the software by early next year.
- 10 Aug 2012:Samsung quickly moved to dismiss the idea that it might purchase Research In Motion or license the smartphone maker's new BlackBerry platform.
- 1 Aug 2012:RIM announced that during its most recent financial results that BlackBerry 10 would be delayed until the beginning of 2013. On top of that, RIM announced that further layoffs at the company would be necessary, with thousands of jobs already having been cut. A source speaking to Cantech Letter has now revealed that 3,000 employees at RIM will lose their jobs on August 13th.
- 24 Jul 2012:
- 29 Jun 2012:Blackberry maker Research in Motion (RIM) has said it will delay the launch of its new phone operating system Blackberry 10 and is to cut 5,000 jobs.
- 26 Jun 2012:Ahead of Thursday's closely-watched earnings report, Blackberry-maker Research in Motion brushed aside a weekend story saying the company would separate its handset division and messaging network.
- 20 Jan 2012:Samsung spokesman James Chung said that his company has not "considered acquiring" RIM and is "not interested" in buying the BlackBerry maker. He added that neither company approached the other to try to create an acquisition deal.
- 21 Dec 2011:Research In Motion has turned down takeover overtures from Amazon.com and other potential buyers because the BlackBerry maker prefers to fix its problems on its own, according to people with knowledge of the situation.
- 16 Dec 2011:Research in Motion (RIM), which makes Blackberry phones, has announced a delay to the launch of its new Blackberry 10.
- 5G Asia 2016 breakfast briefing hosted by F5
- JJPLUS leads the way in creating a new wireless charging ecosystem
- ABB to divest cable business to NKT Cables
- Smart mobile video systems for police patrol cars, a state-of-the-art technology
- OEM servers featuring Aptio V UEFI firmware support for Diablo technologies' Memory1 module shipping now
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
To help foster the development of related wireless charging technology in Taiwan, the Wireless Power...
Silicon Valley based Anaplan, a cloud-based planning and performance management platform provider,...
Corning in late July released its latest cover glass, Gorilla Glass 5, to provide better protection...
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...