- 21 Mar 2017:UK telecoms giant Vodafone has merged its Indian business with Idea Cellular, India's third-largest network, to create the country's largest operator.
- 15 Nov 2016:Dolby drags Oppo and Vivo to court; demands royalties for unlicensed use of proprietary technology (Nov 11) - FirstpostDolby has dragged Vivo and Oppo to court for illegally selling phones with Dolby technology. The court has ordered the two companies to deposit Rs 32 per infringing device manufactured, imported and sold in escrow while royalty terms are discussed.
- 25 Nov 2015:Google's revamp of its Android One operating system for smartphones does not appear to have helped the search giant much, if shipment data from market research firm Cybex Exim Solutions is anything to go by.
- 28 Sep 2015:Qualcomm directly invests in Indian mobile and internet start-up companies to keenly foster the local ecosystem.
- 27 Jul 2015:Lalvani has more than 20 years of experience in sales, business development, strategic planning and business operations across the IT and telecom sectors.
- 7 Jul 2015:India market: Apple iPhone 4s, priced at Rs 13,000, an unlikely hit among buyers (Jul 7) - Economic TimesApple distributors have slashed iPhone 4s to below Rs 13,000 (US$205.08), taking the battle right to the doors of domestic and Chinese smartphone players such as Micromax and Xiaomi in the popular mid-range smartphone market.
- 21 Apr 2015:
- 10 Nov 2014:Samsung overtakes ITC to become second-largest consumer-facing products company (Nov 6) - Economic TimesSamsung has overtaken ITC to become India's second-largest consumer-facing products company by revenues, and now looks set to better Maruti this fiscal to take the top slot.
- 29 Oct 2014:
- 23 Apr 2014:
- 26 Apr 2013:The government of southern Indian state Andhra Pradesh has announced a solar feed-in-tariff (FIT) of INR6.49/kWh (US$0.12/kWh) for its tender of 1GW, according to energy consultants RESolve. Solar developers are said to be disappointed with the rate.
- 22 Apr 2013:The India government will unveil proposed regulations to create subsidies and expand a "Buy Indian" mandate to give a boost to its lackluster solar-power sector, putting it on a collision course with the US.
- 16 Apr 2013:
- 27 Mar 2013:The Export Import bank of the US has provided a US$9 million loan to a California-based firm to export thin-film solar panels to India that was used in the construction of an 11.6MW power project in Rajasthan.
- 26 Feb 2013:Over the last three years, India's Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has assigned 1.172 GW worth of grid-connected solar power plants. Of these, 369 MW have already been commissioned.
- 7 Feb 2013:
- 6 Feb 2013:
- 25 Jan 2013:
- 10 Jan 2013:After years of lagging behind China and the West in the adoption of solar power, some states in India are proposing to build solar farms at a galloping pace that leaves them at risk of falling short of electricity (a familiar problem here) or of paying higher prices for it.
- 28 Nov 2012:Dumping probe on import of solar cells from China, 3 other nations (November 28) - The Hindu Business LineThe Directorate General of Anti-Dumping and Allied Duties of the Ministry of Commerce has initiated anti-dumping investigations into the import of solar cells from China, Malaysia, Chinese Taipei and the US.
- 22 Nov 2012:
- 16 Nov 2012:
- 14 Nov 2012:
- 2 Nov 2012:
- 11 Oct 2012:
- 25 Sep 2012:The Delhi environment department has identified 25 government schools and 10 government hospitals that will get independent solar power systems.
- 3 Sep 2012:India may auction a third of the solar projects planned by 2017 in the current financial year to double the nation's sun-powered capacity as it seeks additional clean-energy investments to combat power shortages.
- 24 Aug 2012:
- 21 Aug 2012:
- 17 Aug 2012:The state government has launched a plan to boost the lift irrigation projects in the state wherein it will install solar panels on irrigation canals to generate power.
- 8 Aug 2012:MIPS Technologies, Ingenic Semiconductor and Karbonn Mobiles have jointly announced availability in India of the world's lowest-cost Android 4.1 'Jelly Bean' tablet.
- 3 Aug 2012:In an ironic scenario, just as India marked its 1GW milestone for solar photovoltaic installations, the nation was left "powerless" for two days in a row.
- 4 Jul 2012:
- 25 Jun 2012:
- 18 Jun 2012:Non-conventional energy projects in the district have received a boost with more and more people coming forward to install solar panels and bio-gas plants to combat power shortage.
- The recently inaugurated Gujarat Solar Park was developed in less than two years with the co-operation of 21 international companies.
- 9 May 2012:Altair Semiconductor has released a cost and feature-optimized chipset tailored for the Indian TD-LTE market, which is expected to become one of the fastest-growing LTE markets in the world.
- CAYIN's latest digital signage player debuts at InfoComm China 2017
- Advantest VOICE 2017 U.S. and China keynote speakers announced
- QSAN launches XS3200 series SAN storage systems for SMB/enterprise market
- UMC and Synopsys collaboration speeds 14-nm custom design
- Advantest and W2BI to Exhibit Advanced Test Solutions at Mobile World Congress
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Note 7 issues may help Apple to regain number-1 crown in 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
Kuka Robotics, as the world's leading maker of robots used in automobile manufacturing, has been making...
Germany's Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology as well as Committee on Foreign Investment in...
Qualcomm agreed in late 2016 to buy NXP Semiconductor for about US$47 billion in the biggest-ever deal...
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...