- 21 Apr 2015:
- 10 Nov 2014:Samsung overtakes ITC to become second-largest consumer-facing products company (Nov 6) - Economic TimesSamsung has overtaken ITC to become India's second-largest consumer-facing products company by revenues, and now looks set to better Maruti this fiscal to take the top slot.
- 29 Oct 2014:
- 23 Apr 2014:
- 26 Apr 2013:The government of southern Indian state Andhra Pradesh has announced a solar feed-in-tariff (FIT) of INR6.49/kWh (US$0.12/kWh) for its tender of 1GW, according to energy consultants RESolve. Solar developers are said to be disappointed with the rate.
- 22 Apr 2013:The India government will unveil proposed regulations to create subsidies and expand a "Buy Indian" mandate to give a boost to its lackluster solar-power sector, putting it on a collision course with the US.
- 16 Apr 2013:
- 27 Mar 2013:The Export Import bank of the US has provided a US$9 million loan to a California-based firm to export thin-film solar panels to India that was used in the construction of an 11.6MW power project in Rajasthan.
- 26 Feb 2013:Over the last three years, India's Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) has assigned 1.172 GW worth of grid-connected solar power plants. Of these, 369 MW have already been commissioned.
- 7 Feb 2013:
- 6 Feb 2013:
- 25 Jan 2013:
- 10 Jan 2013:After years of lagging behind China and the West in the adoption of solar power, some states in India are proposing to build solar farms at a galloping pace that leaves them at risk of falling short of electricity (a familiar problem here) or of paying higher prices for it.
- 28 Nov 2012:Dumping probe on import of solar cells from China, 3 other nations (November 28) - The Hindu Business LineThe Directorate General of Anti-Dumping and Allied Duties of the Ministry of Commerce has initiated anti-dumping investigations into the import of solar cells from China, Malaysia, Chinese Taipei and the US.
- 22 Nov 2012:
- 16 Nov 2012:
- 14 Nov 2012:
- 2 Nov 2012:
- 11 Oct 2012:
- 25 Sep 2012:The Delhi environment department has identified 25 government schools and 10 government hospitals that will get independent solar power systems.
- 3 Sep 2012:India may auction a third of the solar projects planned by 2017 in the current financial year to double the nation's sun-powered capacity as it seeks additional clean-energy investments to combat power shortages.
- 24 Aug 2012:
- 21 Aug 2012:
- 17 Aug 2012:The state government has launched a plan to boost the lift irrigation projects in the state wherein it will install solar panels on irrigation canals to generate power.
- 8 Aug 2012:MIPS Technologies, Ingenic Semiconductor and Karbonn Mobiles have jointly announced availability in India of the world's lowest-cost Android 4.1 'Jelly Bean' tablet.
- 3 Aug 2012:In an ironic scenario, just as India marked its 1GW milestone for solar photovoltaic installations, the nation was left "powerless" for two days in a row.
- 4 Jul 2012:
- 25 Jun 2012:
- 18 Jun 2012:Non-conventional energy projects in the district have received a boost with more and more people coming forward to install solar panels and bio-gas plants to combat power shortage.
- The recently inaugurated Gujarat Solar Park was developed in less than two years with the co-operation of 21 international companies.
- 9 May 2012:Altair Semiconductor has released a cost and feature-optimized chipset tailored for the Indian TD-LTE market, which is expected to become one of the fastest-growing LTE markets in the world.
- 30 Apr 2012:The National Solar Mission, which aims to install 20,000 MW capacity of solar energy by 2020, has commissioned 89% of its allotted capacity in its first stage, government officials said.
- 27 Apr 2012:
- 12 Apr 2012:With Indian receiving $10.2 billion investments in clean energy, the country has emerged as one of the top performing clean energy economies in the 21st century, an eminent American non-profit organisation said in a report.
- 21 Feb 2012:India is yet to utilise its solar potential; at present, solar power (photovoltaic and concentrating solar thermal power) contributes a mere 0.4 per cent of the total power generation.
- 13 Feb 2012:In a bid to draw public awareness towards energy conservation, state government is all set to replace street lights in 65 streets in cities and peri-urban areas across the state with light emitting diode (LED) bulbs.
- 18 Jan 2012:
- Indium Corporation's patented BiAgX: A drop-in replacement for high-Pb solders
- Echoing Government's Productivity 4.0, IoT Automation Boosts Taiwan's Competitiveness
- ASUS selects Pixelworks' Iris mobile display processor and True Clarity enhancements for ZenPad tablet
- Etasis promotes new 350W 1U slim redundant power supply to market
- NANIUM enables WLCSP without UBM
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: Intel 28nm SoFIA 4G AP delayed to early 2016; may face overlap issue with 14nm version
- Digitimes Research: White-box players pushing 10.1-inch Windows tablets
- Silicon providers main beneficiaries of enthusiast PC growth; opportunities exist for vendors to raise profits with innovative products, says HWinsights
- Digitimes Research: Dell high-end LCD monitors may be 24-, 27-inch models
- Is Quantum Dot the next big thing for the TV market?
- Zoom Storage looking to become media library for mobile device users
- AMD unveils sixth-generation A-series APUs for mobile products
- Computex 2015: Startup company Endless pushing PC for developing countries
- Computex 2015: Nvidia unveils GTX 980 Ti and G-Sync technology
- Computex 2015: BioLogic SportCase wins Design and Innovation Award
Competition in the graphics card market has grown fierce as demand for graphics cards from the gaming...
Socionext, a Japan-based corporation focused on the design, development, and sales of system-on-chip...
Computex has evolved into one of the biggest and most important ICT trade shows in the world since...
Although the company has not been operating in the gaming notebook industry for long, Gigabyte Technology...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...