- 27 Sep 2016:Cabin crew on an Indian passenger aircraft have used a fire extinguisher to tackle a smoking Samsung handset.
- 26 Sep 2016:Samsung said on Sunday that it would be delaying the restart of sales in the country by three days until October 1st. The reason is apparently that the company needs more time and stock to speed up the completion of the recall in the country. The problem also seems to be compounded by the fact that Samsung believes the return of regular sales will cause a decline in the number of customers returning their phones.
- 20 Sep 2016:The sales come as Samsung is recalling its flagship Galaxy Note 7 phone after reports of fires caused by faulty batteries.
- 14 Sep 2016:A new report suggests that Samsung is 'actively and aggressively' looking into the development of its own proprietary headphone jack following Apple's unveiling of the Lightning port-only iPhone 7.
- 6 Sep 2016:Reportedly, 70% of Galaxy Note 7 devices came with batteries produced by Samsung SDI while the rest of 30% packed batteries made by Chinese company ATL.
- 4 Sep 2016:Samsung is replacing all 2.5m units that it has shipped of its Galaxy Note 7 smartphone just weeks after its release, because to a spate of exploding batteries.
- 1 Sep 2016:It could be related to reports of exploding batteries.
- 29 Aug 2016:Images posted on Baidu show a Galaxy Note 7 which cannot be more than two weeks old, black and burnt, in the aftermath of the explosion.
- 25 Aug 2016:Better-than-expected demand for Samsung Electronics' new Galaxy Note 7 is causing supply constraints globally, the South Korean tech giant said on Wednesday, suggesting strong initial sales for the new premium smartphone.
- 24 Aug 2016:Apple accounted for 75% of the smartphone industry's profits in the second quarter, but that's down from more than 90% a year ago due to Samsung's Galaxy device lineup, according to Canaccord Genuity.
- 18 Aug 2016:According to new reports, Samsung's monthly Note 7 shipments could eclipse those of the Note 5, coming in at as many as 3 million phones per month during the third quarter of 2016.
- 9 Aug 2016:
- 28 Jul 2016:South Korean tech giant Samsung Electronics said on Thursday it expects solid earnings to continue in the second half of 2016, with stronger components demand likely offsetting heightened margin pressures for smartphones.
- 21 Jul 2016:
- 12 Jul 2016:Samsung Galaxy S7 active fails Consumer Reports water-resistance test (Jul 8) - Consumer Reports.orgThe phone is supposed to survive 30 minutes in 5 feet of water. In our testing, it didn't.
- 5 Jul 2016:The Galaxy S7 has been well received with some industry experts predicting Samsung sold 16 million devices.
- 22 May 2016:There have been many rumors swirling around the news Samsung Galaxy Note 6, which will be arriving, most likely, in August.
- 28 Apr 2016:Samsung Electronics said on Thursday that its first-quarter operating profit rose 12% from a year earlier, propelled by strong initial sales for its flagship Galaxy S7 smartphones.
- 7 Apr 2016:The improved outlook comes amid reports of strong sales of its latest flagship smartphone models, the Galaxy S7.
- 31 Mar 2016:Multiple reports indicate Samsung's Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are seeing stronger-than-expected initial sales.
- 29 Mar 2016:Both the new MediaTek Helio X20 and Helio X25 System-on-Chips are cited in these unreleased and unseen Galaxy S7 models as well as the Samsung Exynos 8890.
- 22 Mar 2016:The Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge have been on sale in global markets for a little while now, giving analysts just enough time to make some early predictions about how they expect the handsets to perform. Their data suggests that the new smartphones have registered healthy sales across the globe so far, boosting hopes of a turnaround in Samsung's mobile profits.
- 8 Mar 2016:Multimedia chip designer DSP Group on Monday confirmed a report by Chipworks that its HDClear chip is a component in the new Samsung Galaxy S7 phone, a deal expected to significantly boost the company's revenue.
- 15 Jan 2016:Samsung is planning to use Qualcomm's Snapdragon 820 application processor chip in some versions of the next Galaxy S, people with direct knowledge of the matter said.
- 29 Dec 2015:
- 17 Dec 2015:According to a rumor out of China, Samsung will have an exclusive on the Snapdragon 820 until April. So in the first three months of next year no other smartphone manufacturer will launch a device sporting this particular SoC.
- 12 Nov 2015:Samsung Electronics plans to mass-produce a new processor that will be used in the company's next mobile devices, according to industry officials.
- 10 Sep 2015:Samsung Electronics has lost about 15% of its market value this year as its new flagship Galaxy S6 failed to impress and the founding Lee family was seen solidifying its control over Samsung Group's crown jewel, raising corporate governance concerns.
- 30 Jul 2015:A painful reversal in fortunes for Samsung Electronics' smartphone business continued in the second quarter, the company confirmed on Thursday, adding to scepticism about its strategy to halt its sliding market share.
- 7 Jul 2015:"S6 didn't sell as well as the market had hoped for, partly because of continued outperforming of iPhones combined with the supply constraint," said Greg Roh, a Seoul-based analyst at HMC Investment Securities Co. "Sales sharply missed the market expectation, which implies that overall technology industry demand for smartphones, TVs and PCs is weakening."
- 25 May 2015:
- 4 May 2015:The Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge have recently been plagued by serious memory problems, as poor memory management is leading to massive slowdowns and random app crashes, including force closes.
- 13 Apr 2015:Samsung Electronics' mobile chief warned on Thursday of limited supplies of its new curved-screen smartphones because of challenges in manufacturing the screens.
- 8 Apr 2015:Samsung is already pushing out 14nm technology, using its own Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge smartphones to demonstrate its impressive new fabrication technology. But most don't know that the South Korean electronics giant has partnered with Globalfoundries, with the latter now spinning up its production of 14nm technology.
- 7 Apr 2015:The guidance is slightly better than an average 35% decline forecast by a Dow Jones survey of eight analysts.
- 16 Mar 2015:Synopsys Galaxy Design Platform enables 90% of volume-production FinFET designs (Mar 10) - Company releaseSynopsys has announced that its Galaxy Design Platform enables 90% of the production tapeouts of FinFET-based designs.
- 11 Mar 2015:
- 5 Feb 2015:Samsung Electronics has appointed a new smartphone marketing chief, less than a month before the expected unveiling of its next flagship Galaxy S handset.
- 3 Dec 2014:Samsung's Exynos SoC could be built entirely in-house, in time for Galaxy Note 5 (Dec 2) - Tom's Hardware GuideAccording to sources from South Korea, Samsung may be planning to build not just its own CPU core based on the ARMv8 architecture, but also its own GPU technology. We could see the new GPU, and possibly the new CPU as well, inside next year's Galaxy Note 5 device.
- 25 Feb 2014:Qualcomm Snapdragon chipsets power new Samsung Galaxy S5 and Galaxy Grand 2 (February 25) - Company releaseThe Samsung Galaxy S5 features the Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with integrated LTE. Additionally, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor is featured in the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2, bringing LTE connectivity in mainstream smartphones.
- 5G Asia 2016 breakfast briefing hosted by F5
- JJPLUS leads the way in creating a new wireless charging ecosystem
- ABB to divest cable business to NKT Cables
- Smart mobile video systems for police patrol cars, a state-of-the-art technology
- OEM servers featuring Aptio V UEFI firmware support for Diablo technologies' Memory1 module shipping now
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
To help foster the development of related wireless charging technology in Taiwan, the Wireless Power...
Silicon Valley based Anaplan, a cloud-based planning and performance management platform provider,...
Corning in late July released its latest cover glass, Gorilla Glass 5, to provide better protection...
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...