- 22 Nov 2013:
- 20 Nov 2013:
- 1 Nov 2013:Hillcrest Labs launches low power sensor hub for smartphones, tablets, wearables and the Internet of Things (October 29) - Company releaseHillcrest's SH-1 sensor hub includes sensor fusion, gesture recognition, and ?˜always on' functions for context aware applications.
- 22 Oct 2013:
- 19 Aug 2013:
- 2 Aug 2013:Eight-core processors are "dumb," as the consumer wants an experience that comes from more than just throwing cores together, a Qualcomm executive said, referring to new eight-core chips announced recently.
- 26 Jul 2013:
- 22 Jul 2013:Wolfson Audio Hub adopted for Sharp's latest smartphone and tablet devices (July 11) - Company releaseWolfson's WM5102 HD audio hub has been adopted by Sharp for its new range of AQUOS smartphone and tablet devices.
- 26 Jun 2013:Samsung Electronics has decided to ditch its unprofitable desktop PC business and devote itself to tablet computers and all-in-one laptops, company officials said Monday.
- 19 Jun 2013:Globalfoundries and Fuzhou Rockchip Electronics announced that Rockchip's next-generation mobile processors are ramping to production on Globalfoundries' 28nm HKMG process technology.
- 18 Jun 2013:The smartphone and consumer electronics maker is close to launching an incubator space for startups that are developing software and services for phones, tablet computers and televisions.
- 5 Jun 2013:
- 3 Jun 2013:Samsung Electronics has chosen an Intel processor to power a new version of one of its top-tier Android tablets, a source with knowledge of the plans told Reuters.
- 20 May 2013:It may seem strange but Chinese chip vendor Allwinner Technologies (Zhuhai, China) probably sold more application processors for tablet computers in 2012 than Intel and Qualcomm put together.
- 7 May 2013:Rubinstein's experience at a handset vendor, as well as at a large computing company like HP, will help Qualcomm with its strategy.
- 26 Apr 2013:
- 24 Apr 2013:ARM jumped the most in more than four years after reporting sales that beat estimates as demand increased for its graphics and processing technology.
- 10 Apr 2013:Data from Chinese semiconductor industry sources identifies Allwinner as, by far, the number one apps processor supplier for Chinese tablets in 2012, followed by Rockchip, ViaTech, Amlogic and Vimicro.
- 1 Apr 2013:Lenovo, which has maintained a small IC design team consisting of about 10 people over the last decade, is now committed to expanding this team to about 100 engineers by the middle of 2013, according to a China-based industry source with direct knowledge of the company's recruitment of chip designers.
- 14 Mar 2013:
- 1 Mar 2013:SanDisk partners with Nvidia on Tegra 4-powered tablet reference design (February 25) - Company releaseSanDisk has announced that the iNAND Extreme Embedded Flash Drive (EFD) supports tablet reference designs based on the Nvidia Tegra 4.
- 22 Feb 2013:
- 20 Feb 2013:Canonical introduces the Ubuntu tablet interface, which will compete with Android, iOS, and Windows with its own take on multitasking and advanced security features. The launch is the next step in Canonical's quest to unify phones, tablets, PCs, and TVs.
- 28 Jan 2013:Worldwide microprocessor sales are expected to regain strength in 2013 and grow 12% to US$65.3 billion after rising just 5% in 2012 to US$58.2 billion due to weakness in standard PCs and the shaky global economy, according to IC Insights.
- 24 Jan 2013:
- 17 Jan 2013:ASML has warned of a weak first quarter but said it sees a recovery in the following months as smartphone and tablet makers shift to the next generation of chips.
- 4 Jan 2013:
- 28 Dec 2012:According to Pew's ongoing Internet & American Life survey, 25% of respondents - one in every four - now owns a tablet
- 10 Dec 2012:
- 27 Nov 2012:ARM's market share for traditional or tablet computers will rise to "double digits" in 2013, with market share for traditional PCs alone exceeding 10% by 2015, according to Ian Drew, company executive VP for marketing and business development. Drew said the company's traditional PC market share is in single digits now.
- 16 Nov 2012:Amazon on Thursday began shipping a large-screen, high-definition version of its popular Kindle Fire tablet computers ahead of schedule in a holiday season challenge to Apple iPads.
- 23 Oct 2012:
- China's low-cost smartphone maker Xiaomi will look to expand its busines beyond the domestic market to Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore via online sales, but it will steer clear of producing tablet devices.
- Apple will hold a launch event in the US later today (October 23), where the technology giant is expected to unveil its much-rumoured iPad Mini tablet.
- 12 Oct 2012:Amazon has confirmed it will not make a profit from sales of its latest Kindle tablet and e-reader devices.
- 11 Sep 2012:Online retail company Amazon on Thursday in Santa Monica, California, unveiled four new Kindle Fire models with larger screens to compete with Apple's iPad, which is planning to launch mini (smaller screen) iPads.
- 22 Aug 2012:Eying business opportunities created by the new Windows 8 operating system (OS), scheduled for release in October, Taiwan-based personal computer (PC) vendors Acer and Asus will soon launch Win 8 tablet PC models.
- 17 Aug 2012:Chimei Innolux Corp., the largest thin film transistor-liquid crystal display (TFT-LCD) panel manufacturer in Taiwan, is expected to win a 40-50% share of the global market for white-brand tablet PC applications, according to the company.
- 8 Aug 2012:MIPS Technologies, Ingenic Semiconductor and Karbonn Mobiles have jointly announced availability in India of the world's lowest-cost Android 4.1 'Jelly Bean' tablet.
- ARM has announced the second generation of its Mali-series graphics processing units (GPUs), providing a dramatically improved user experience for tablets, smartphones and smart-TVs.
- Digitimes Research: Notebook vendors and ODMs post shipment gains in November
- Digitimes Research: Global LCD TV shipments to reach 213 million units in 2014
- Digitimes Research: Global AIO PC shipments to grow 4.9% in 2014
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan top foundries to see combined revenues decrease in 4Q13
- GIGABYTE announces 'Feel the Force' OC contest winners
- Internet of Things to provide new business opportunities and enable business model changes
- Oracle Day 2013 Taipei Demonstrates B2B Mobile Marketing
- MOEA recognizes alliances between foreign and Taiwanese IT firms for creating new value
- Advantech Accelerates Intelligent Video Designs with Complete Solutions
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
ChipMOS Technologies is among very few firms that have transformed themselves successfully and are...
Chunghwa Telecom (CHT), Taiwan Mobile (TWM) and Far EasTone Telecommunications (FET), the three largest...
Smartphone ODM Arima Communications has decided to expand its product lines to include tablets, smart...
OCZ Technology shifted its corporate focus away from legacy DRAM memory modules in 2011, and has since...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...