- 22 Oct 2015:
- 18 May 2015:Silicon Storage Technology and Globalfoundries announce qualification of auto grade 55nm embedded flash memory technology (May 5) - Company releaseMicrochip Technology through its Silicon Storage Technology (SST) subsidiary and Globalfoundries have announced the full qualification and availability of SST's 55nm embedded SuperFlash non-volatile memory (NVM) on Globalfoundries' 55nm Low Power Extended (LPx)/ RF enabled platform.
- 22 May 2014:
- 26 Feb 2014:Toshiba develops device controller for embedded NAND flash memory module compliant with JEDEC UFS Ver.2.0 standard (February 25) - Company releaseToshiba has developed what it claims is the world's fastest device controller for embedded NAND flash memory modules compliant with the Universal Flash Storage (UFS) Ver.2.0 and UFS Unified Memory Extension (UME) Ver.1.0 standards defined by JEDEC Solid State Technology Association (JEDEC).
- 24 Feb 2014:Renesas develops 28nm embedded flash memory technology for microcontrollers (February 18) - Company releaseRenesas Electronics has developed what it claims is the industry's first 28-nanometer (nm) flash memory intellectual property (IP) for microcontrollers (MCUs) using a 28nm process technology.
- 8 Jan 2014:United Microelectronics (UMC) has surpassed 15 million shipments for customer small display driver ICs (SDDI) manufactured using the foundry's 55nm embedded high voltage (eHV) technology.
- 23 Sep 2013:
- 11 Mar 2013:Spansion and UMC announce joint technology development and licensing agreement (March 4) - Company releaseSpansion and United Microelectronics (UMC) have announced the joint development of a 40nm process that integrates UMC's 40nm LP logic process with Spansion proprietary embedded Charge Trap (eCT) Flash memory technology. As part of this non-exclusive agreement, UMC is licensed to manufacture products based on this technology for Spansion.
- 1 Mar 2013:SanDisk partners with Nvidia on Tegra 4-powered tablet reference design (February 25) - Company releaseSanDisk has announced that the iNAND Extreme Embedded Flash Drive (EFD) supports tablet reference designs based on the Nvidia Tegra 4.
- 6 Feb 2013:Toshiba develops high-speed NANO Flash-100 flash memory for ARM core based microcontrollers (February 4) - Company releaseToshiba has subsequently brought this high level performance to its original microcontrollers and to ARM core-based microcontrollers. The newly-developed NANO Flash-100 achieves a zero-wait cycle during random access at 100MHz operation.
- 23 Jan 2013:Agilent Technologies has launched the N6465A test application for embedded multimedia card (eMMC) compliance test in response to a new version of the JEDEC eMMC specification.
- 26 Oct 2012:Embedded and consumer markets and a broadening porfolio of flash memory devices will continue to drive increased business for memory maker Spansion in the coming months, but global economic uncertainty marked by political change is dampening industry growth, Spansion CEO John Kispert said Thursday (Oct. 25).
- 24 Sep 2012:Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMIC) has announced the availability of its 1.2-volt low-power embedded EEPROM platform, which is fully compatible with its 0.13-micron low-leakage (LL) process.
- 22 Aug 2012:SanDisk provides custom storage solution for Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon (August 21) - Company releaseThe Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon weighs in at less than three pounds, has an exterior made of extremely lightweight carbon fiber material, boasts optional embedded 3G connectivity for anywhere, anytime Internet access, and relies on a 256GB2 SanDisk X100 SSD for incredibly responsive, small form factor storage.
- 28 Jun 2012:NXP Semiconductors has announced that the newly launched Nexus 7 will feature its PN65 NFC solution to provide an amazing mobile user experience. Featuring an NFC radio controller and an embedded Secure Element, the PN65 is validated and integrated on the latest release of Android 4.1, Jelly Bean.
- 4 Jun 2012:Gray market for mobile cellphones serves as boon to low-cost flash memory, IHS says (May 17) - Company releaseThe massive gray market for cellphones is propelling sales of lower-cost flash memories like embedded multimedia card (eMMC) and serial peripheral interface (SPI) NOR, as manufacturers of the unregulated phones strive to keep production costs low, according to IHS iSuppli.
- 31 May 2012:Texas Instruments (TI) announced it has shipped nearly 6.5 billion units of copper wire bonding technology in its analog, embedded processing and wireless products. This milestone underscores TI's confidence in copper as a viable replacement to gold in its semiconductor product roadmaps.
- 23 May 2012:
- 30 Jan 2012:"We delivered a solid fourth quarter amid challenging market conditions," said company president and CEO John Kispert. "2011 was a year of transition and intense product development. Spansion is now well-positioned for growth in the future in areas such as automotive, industrial, communications and gaming..."
- 16 Nov 2011:The largest trade show and conference for embedded system designers and managers will be held in Yokohama, Japan, from November 16-18.
- 2 Nov 2011:An open-source hardware group on Monday announced a US$89 credit-card sized motherboard based on an ARM processor that could be used for robotics, gaming and medical devices.
- 19 Sep 2011:The beauty of these system-on-chip architectures is that they can be placed in very tight spaces. This obviously impacts case designs.
- 16 Sep 2011:With the embedded DisplayPort 1.3 interface (eDP 1.3), VESA, the Video Standards Association behind DisplayPort, came up with a new idea, the Panel Self Refresh (PSR).
- 10 Aug 2011:SanDisk has implemented the new SATA µSSD specification into its SanDisk iSSD product line of postage stamp-sized embedded SSDs.
- 29 Jun 2011:Spansion has announced a collaboration with Freescale on a memory expansion module for the Freescale Tower System that provides design engineers more flexibility in prototyping a growing range of embedded applications.
- 26 Apr 2011:
- 18 Dec 2010:Under the agreement, IBM receives a five-year license to certain of Misaud patents. IBM's processor and ASIC products that contain embedded DRAM are licensed under the agreement.
- 17 Nov 2010:This new investment round was led by Intel Capital and includes new funding from strategic investors and Anobit's current investors. Anobit is a provider of NAND-based products and systems ranging from embedded flash controllers to enterprise-class SSD.
- 15 Oct 2010:Altera launches single design flow to support embedded processors based on ARM, Intel and MIPS architectures (Oct 12) - Company release"With the Embedded Initiative, Altera is enabling designers in markets such as automotive, industrial, military and wireless to easily leverage a rich ecosystem of processor, OS and IP support all through a single design flow, and to reduce overall system cost..."
- 21 Sep 2010:
- 18 Aug 2010:Unlike traditional silicon-based solar cells, the film is composed of metal nanoparticles embedded in a transparent composite matrix, and operates on a different principle. EnSol is now developing the product with help from the University of Leicester's Department of Physics and Astronomy.
- 9 Aug 2010:
- Menlo is a prototype mobile device with a capacitive touch screen (4.1-inch diagonal, 800x480) running Microsoft Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R2 which incorporates a Bosch BMA150 3-axis accelerometer and Bosch BMP085 digital pressure sensor (barometer)
- 23 Jun 2010:Spansion stayed in Chapter 11 four plus months longer and lost more market share than planned. On the positive side, business is up for Spansion and its rivals.
- 27 May 2010:Greenliant, a new company headed by SST's former management, will use the acquired product lines to form the core of its solid-state storage product portfolio for the embedded system, data center, and mobile Internet markets.
- 28 Apr 2010:Net income for the first quarter of 2010 was US$27.5 million, compared to net losses of US$51.1 million a year ago. "We were pleased with the successful ramp into high volume of new technologies such as embedded wafer-level ball-grid array (eWLB) and the continued growth of our business in advanced technologies such as hybrid flip-chip and wafer level packaging..."
- 27 Apr 2010:
- 18 Mar 2010:"Asia is a very strategic region for Spansion in the fast growing embedded electronics markets," said John Kispert, president and CEO of Spansion. "With the addition of SL Chan, we have strengthened our team with a veteran sales and marketing executive who will be a key asset for the company's new business strategy..."
- 18 Jan 2010:Spansion has reported net sales of US$307.1 million for the fourth quarter of 2009, which marked its second consecutive profitable quarter with net income on a US GAAP basis of US$4.3 million.
- 15 Jan 2010:Intel may look to acquire an FPGA supplier such as Xilinx or Altera in 2010 in an effort to expand its presence in the embedded market as well as SoCs, according to a Wall Street analyst.
- PEZY and Imagination team up to develop next-generation HPC systems
- Orbotech shares vision for future electronics manufacturing models; leverages rebranding efforts
- Indium Corporation's EZ-Pour Gallium Trichloride simplifies room temperature processes
- Imagination and Testin partner to accelerate time-to-market for app development in Greater China
- CAYIN Enters Video Wall Battle Field with the Launch of SMP-8000
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
- Digitimes Research: Shrinking tablet market prompts China touch panel supply chain to look for growth elsewhere
- Digitimes Research: Apple to push forward with In-Cell touch technology in 2015 but highly considering G/G for 2016
China-based Tsinghua Unigroup is currently riding high in the global semiconductor industry with a...
While the product life cycles of analog ICs are getting shorter and shorter, the technical standards...
Notebook vendor Acer aims to ship at least five million smartphones in 2015 and plans to hike the shipments...
The acquisition of Freescale by NXP Semiconductors will make NXP the world's second largest MCU supplier...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...