- 17 Jun 2013:Only days after officially opening its new Turkish plant, China Sunergy (CSUN) has announced that it has commenced shipments. The production facility will have a capacity of 300MW in modules and 100MW of solar cells, when fully ramped.
- 24 Apr 2013:Greece added 793MW of solar projects in the first quarter of 2013, according to national electricity market operator (LAGIE). In March alone, 259MW of new solar capacity was installed.
- 6 Mar 2013:As of today, March 5, all China-made solar modules and their main components coming into the EU must register with national customs authorities.
- 5 Mar 2013:
- 22 Feb 2013:
- 12 Dec 2012:
- 11 Oct 2012:The US on Wednesday slapped steep final duties on billions of dollars of solar energy products from China, but turned down a request from lawmakers and US manufacturers to expand the scope of its order.
- 25 Sep 2012:
- 21 Sep 2012:Total second-quarter shipments at the top 17 solar-module manufacturers rebounded 21% on quarter to 4.4GW following declines of 20% in the first quarter -- with Yingli Green Energy jumping to the top of the charts year-to-date.
- 13 Sep 2012:
- 29 Aug 2012:
- 28 Aug 2012:
- 22 Aug 2012:Another German solar module maker, Sovello, has fallen victim to fierce global competition. Insolvency adminstrators say the firm based in eastern Germany's "solar valley" will stop production within the next two weeks.
- 7 Aug 2012:Module manufacturer, aleo solar said it experienced weaker demand and continued price erosion in the first-half of the year due to changes in the German FIT and continued price erosion.
- 12 Jul 2012:
- 12 Jun 2012:Germany's aleo solar AG has today announced it will close its solar module factory in Santa Maria de Palautordera, Spain, by the end of the year at the latest. 92 jobs will go.
- 11 Jun 2012:
- 20 Apr 2012:
- 27 Mar 2012:A team from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) have developed a 3D solar module structure that can generate up to twenty times the electricity from a given area compared to normal solar panel layout.
- 23 Feb 2012:JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd., a solar firm based in China, recently announced the opening of its state-of-the-art PV module testing laboratory in Jiangxi, China. The facility has been awarded the Underwriters Laboratories (UL) Witness Testing Data Program (WTDP) Certificate.
- 17 Feb 2012:Trina Solar remains committed to 500MW solar cell and module capacity expansion (February 16) - PV-TechPlans by Trina Solar to build-out its next-generation cell technology, despite industry conditions have been secured with a structured term loan facility of up to US$100 million dollars with Standard Chartered Bank.
- 3 Feb 2012:
- 2 Feb 2012:
- 18 Jan 2012:
- 11 Jan 2012:
- 26 Dec 2011:
- 23 Dec 2011:REC modules were selected for a 60MW module supplier agreement with the German project developer GP JOULE for solar power plant installations in France and Germany.
- 21 Dec 2011:
- 19 Dec 2011:This week Solon became the first publicly traded solar-power company to file for bankruptcy in Germany. Despite cost-cutting and a round of last-minute negotiations, the Berlin-based photovoltaic equipment maker can't make its deadline to repay ??75 million in loans.
- 7 Dec 2011:
- 5 Dec 2011:Under a new agreement announced today, OSM Solarform Corp. will manufacture around 20 megawatts worth of LDK Solar's photovoltaic modules at its Welland-based production line in Ontario.
- 2 Dec 2011:
- 1 Dec 2011:
- 24 Nov 2011:Third quarter results from Hanwha SolarOne echoed pricing pressure and weak demand, especially from Germany that led to margin pressure, inventory write downs and losses.
- 22 Nov 2011:Chinese solar panel makers plan to shift some of their production to South Korea, Taiwan and the United States in hopes of defusing a trade case pending against them in Washington, according to industry executives.
- 18 Nov 2011:China Sunergy swings to 3Q loss on negative margins, cuts shipment view (November 17) - Wall Street JournalChina Sunergy Co. (CSUN) swung to a third-quarter loss despite a jump in sales as the Chinese solar-products maker saw its margins plunge into negative territory amid falling solar panel prices.
- China-based module provider JinkoSolar has today revealed plans to install a 5MW solar plant in the UK with AEE Renewables.
- 15 Nov 2011:Germany's largest module manufacturer, SolarWorld reported weakening financial conditions in the third quarter. Shipments and revenue remained flat with the second quarter but margins declined as weak demand and declining prices impacted results.
- 11 Nov 2011:The cost of solar cells and microchips has nowhere to go but down because of a supply glut for the commodity they're made from, a brittle charcoal-colored semiconductor baked in ovens at 600 degrees centigrade.
- 10 Nov 2011:The Commerce Department said on Wednesday it would investigate whether Chinese companies sell solar panels in the United States at unfair discounts and receive illegal government subsidies.
- The highly sophisticated tool for protecting from data security vulnerabilities - MEjW TP-400-I
- The Fortrend OGS received U.S. Patent Certificate
- G.SKILL Releases World's Fastest DDR4 3333MHz Memory, Available Now! The Bleeding Edge of Speed Has Arrived!
- Indium Corporation announces new EZ-Pour Gallium Trichloride
- Genesys Logic announces a reference design pairing its USB 3.0 card reader controller GL3221 with NFC transceiver ST95HF from STMicroelectronics
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: Intel looking to promote x86 architecture to China chip designers
- Digitimes Research: Intel to see strong tablet AP shipments in 2H14
- Commentary: Apple Watch pioneering user interface will make around 10% of users Think Different
- Digitimes Research: Asustek detachable devices face size hurdle
- Digitimes Research: Apple refocuses on 9.7-inch iPad in 2H14
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
With increasing competition from AMOLED, TFT LCD display manufacturers are beginning to look to quantum...
As India's handset market is continuing to grow, local vendors including Lava, Spice, Intex and GI...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...