- 9 Dec 2016:
- 20 Oct 2016:
- 20 Sep 2016:Microsoft will shut down Skype's London offices, making most of its employees redundant, and terminating the headquarters of a rare European technology champion. The closure comes at a time when the British tech industry is desperate to indicate that it is thriving and open for business in the wake of Britain's vote to leave the EU.
- 6 Sep 2016:Japan's government has warned that Brexit could result in the country's firms moving their European head offices out of Britain.
- 1 Sep 2016:
- 14 Jul 2016:
- 30 Jun 2016:After Brexit vote, yuan falls to weakest point against dollar since 2010 (Jun 27) - Wall Street JournalThe Chinese yuan fell to its weakest level against the US dollar since late 2010, after China's central bank cut its daily-fix value for the currency by the biggest margin since a one-time devaluation in August 2015.
- 27 Jun 2016:The Institute of Directors (IoD) surveyed 1,000 of its members and found that a quarter planned to freeze recruitment.
- 24 Jun 2016:UKIP leader Nigel Farage hailed it as the UK's "independence day" but the Remain camp called it a "catastrophe."
- 23 Jun 2016:
- 31 May 2016:
- 19 May 2016:A brief history of a dominant Google's soul-searching competition battle in the EU.
- 26 Apr 2016:
- 21 Apr 2016:
- 20 Apr 2016:
- 15 Dec 2015:Europe's competition regulator has accused Qualcomm of predatory pricing and paying a major handset maker to use its 4G baseband chips exclusively.
- 24 Nov 2015:European antitrust regulators cleared on Monday Avago Technologies planned US$37 billion takeover of rival chipmaker Broadcom without conditions.
- 17 Jul 2015:The European Commission (EC), the administrative and executive body of the 28-nation European Union (EU), has opened two antitrust investigations into the behavior of Qualcomm with regard to its market dominance of semiconductors used in consumer electronics.
- 6 Jul 2015:Greece's Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras has said that the Greeks made a "brave choice" in voting to reject the terms of an international bailout.
- 23 Jun 2015:
- 26 Nov 2014:
- 25 Nov 2014:
- 24 Sep 2014:
- 23 Jul 2014:
- 13 Jun 2014:
- In a ruling issued Thursday, the European Union's General Court rejected Intel's appeal of a EUR1.06 billion (US$1.44 billion) penalty for antitrust violations. Instead, the EU General Court upheld the record-breaking penalty against the US computer chip giant, which had been issued in 2009 by the EU Commission.
- 6 Mar 2014:
- 28 Oct 2013:
- 3 Oct 2013:
- 9 Sep 2013:
- 14 Aug 2013:The German economy grew strongly in the second quarter, raising hopes that the eurozone has come out of recession.
- 5 Jun 2013:The EU will delay for two months the full impact of import tariffs it planned to put on China-based solar panel equipment, to allow China-based manufacturers to negotiate a settlement that could defuse one of the biggest trade disputes in recent decades, EU officials said on June 4.
- The EU's trade chief on June 4 carried out his threat to impose tariffs on solar panels from China.
- Tariffs imposed by the EU on Chinese solar panels are lower than expected and may drive up imports for the next two months while officials pursue a trade agreement, renewable-energy developers said.
- 29 May 2013:Adroitly alternating the threat of a trade war with the lure of its huge import market, China appears to have driven a deep wedge between Germany and the rest of the EU. And it may even have caused a rift within the Germany business world.
- A majority of EU governments oppose a plan to impose hefty duties on solar panel imports from China, a survey of member states showed on May 27, undermining efforts by Brussels to pressure Beijing over its trade practices.
- 28 May 2013:Fearful of losing business in China, Germany, UK and the Netherlands are among at least 14 member states who oppose the sanctions, it was reported.
- EU trade authorities on Monday signaled they would push ahead with a plan to impose import tariffs on solar-panel equipment made in China, despite heavy lobbying from the Chinese government that appeared to be weakening support for the duties among EU member governments.
- 24 May 2013:China-based solar panel makers are seeking separate trade settlements with the US and the EU to avoid steep tariffs in their biggest markets.
- Quanmax opens up 'Blue Ocean' infotainment opportunities with OPS compliant display
- TUV NORD launches SECURITY 4 SAFETY service to build Industry 4.0 foundation for customers
- ABB wins $100 million order to upgrade historic HVDC link in the U.S.
- Supermicro introduces latest SUPERO desktop and gaming solutions at CES 2017
- Wanshih Electronic will exhibit USB3.1 cable assemblies with type C in 2017 Consumer Technology Association (CES)
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Note 7 issues may help Apple to regain number-1 crown in 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
Qualcomm agreed in late 2016 to buy NXP Semiconductor for about US$4.7 billion in the biggest-ever...
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
Gary Patton, a 30-year veteran in the semiconductor industry, joined Globalfoundries as CTO in July...
To help foster the development of related wireless charging technology in Taiwan, the Wireless Power...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...