- 27 Jan 2016:
- 30 Dec 2015:Intel's $16.7bn purchase of programmable chipmaker Altera is likely to be a model for future big acquisitions at the company as the semiconductor industry's merger boom continues, according to the US company's chief dealmaker.
- 27 Dec 2015:Fujitsu is planning to spin off its mobile phone handset business, as well as the PC operations, next spring so that it can respond swiftly to changes in market trends and boost profitability.
- 27 Nov 2015:
- 16 Oct 2015:Intel and Microsoft are teaming with three leading PC makers on a new ad campaign designed to make potential computer buyers more aware of all the things a modern PC can do.
- 15 Oct 2015:
- 2 Oct 2015:Micron Technology's fourth-quarter profit fell sharply as lower selling prices again drove down revenue, underscoring the effects of weakened demand for personal computers.
- 1 Oct 2015:Toshiba Corp (6502.T) may lay off staff in its underperforming home appliances, TV and PC businesses and seek a partner for its nuclear operations to overhaul the company after a $1.3 billion accounting scandal, its chief executive said on Thursday.
- 15 Sep 2015:Japan's stock exchange ordered Toshiba to pay a record fine of Y91.2m ($750,000) in the wake of a $2bn accounting scandal, marking another reputational blow to the lossmaking nuclear-to-semiconductor conglomerate.
- 8 Sep 2015:
- 13 Aug 2015:Lenovo is laying off 3,200 employees and trimming down its smartphone portfolio in response to a slowdown in its PC and handset sales.
- 17 Jul 2015:
- 16 Jul 2015:Not so long ago, the release of a new Windows operating system was a sure bet to drive a massive PC refresh cycle, boosting sales by double digit percentages. But that is a thing of the past.
- 30 Jun 2015:Shares of chipmaker Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) are up 7 cents, or 3%, at $2.41, after PC and gaming gear enthusiast site KitGuru this afternoon said the company is attracting buyout interest from Microsoft.
- 29 Jun 2015:Intel's Cannonlake, originally slated for 2016 and later 2017, is now on hold indefinitely. Instead, Intel's current processors - of the Skylake platform - will be succeeded by the less drastic Kaby Lake platform.
- Samsung has been accused of disabling Microsoft's software in preference for its own, leaving computers insecure.
- 26 Jun 2015:Micron Technology said it expects a further decline in prices of chips used in personal computers, and forecast revenue for the current quarter well below market estimates.
- 24 Jun 2015:American chip manufacturers argue that, without the trade deal, they will be squeezed out of the growing Asian market for computer chips by competitors in countries like China.
- 23 Jun 2015:
- 18 Jun 2015:
- 16 Jun 2015:Pricing of DRAM, based on his "checks" with entities in Taiwan, is weak in PC, servers, and in graphics applications, writes Moore.
- 15 Jun 2015:Demand for semiconductors continued to weaken in the second quarter with some PC assemblers in Asia suggesting a decline in purchases of some parts of as much as 15-20% from the second quarter of 2014, according to a report from Wall Street analysts at Deutsche Bank.
- 3 Mar 2015:
- 27 Jan 2015:
- 15 Jan 2015:
- 5 Jan 2015:
- 26 Nov 2014:
- 25 Nov 2014:
- 18 Nov 2014:
- Intel plans to combine operations that handle chips for personal computers with those targeting smartphones and tablets, according to an email sent to employees by Chief Executive Brian Krzanich.
- 6 Nov 2014:Lenovo Group On Thursday said its net profit for the quarter through September rose 19% on growing sales of both personal computers and smartphones.
- 31 Oct 2014:Samsung starts mass production of 8Gb DDR4 based on 20nm process technology (Oct 22) - Company releaseSamsung successfully expands the use of the 20 nanometer process from PC and mobile memory to the enterprise server market.
- 1 Sep 2014:
- 12 Aug 2014:
- 15 Jul 2014:
- 26 Jun 2014:
- 10 Jun 2014:
- 3 Jun 2014:
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone AP shipments to fall almost 20% in 1Q16
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan makers ship 10.235 million LCD TVs in 4Q15
- Digitimes Research: Konica Minolta showcases flexible OLED lighting panels at Lighting Japan 2016
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone shipments increase 11.5% on quarter in 4Q15
- Chinese Semiconductor Industry's Latest Move: Sage Micro's Low-key Acquisition of Initio
- CAYIN Invites Visitors to Think Outside Digital Signage at ISE 2016
- AVEXIR launched ROG certified memory: Unleash your ROG spirit
- Critical materials council to be managed by TECHCET in 2016
- NANIUM's latest WL3D solution reduces space required by 5X
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
- Digitimes Research: Shrinking tablet market prompts China touch panel supply chain to look for growth elsewhere
Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang has been outspoken with his predictions about future technologies and products,...
During a Digitimes interview, Global Sales and Operations senior vice president B.S. Teh for Seagate...
At this point most consumers are not that familiar with the USB Type C specification but it has the...
Buoyed by its ZenFone series smartphones, Asustek Computer has captured a portion of the global smartphone...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...