- 15 Jul 2014:
- 26 Jun 2014:
- 10 Jun 2014:
- 3 Jun 2014:
- 21 Mar 2014:
- 7 Mar 2014:At an IBM factory in southern China, more than 1,000 workers have staged a strike to protest the company's plan to transfer employees to the Chinese PC arm, the Lenovo Group.
- 13 Feb 2014:Lenovo reported Thursday it had made progress in its plan to expand beyond PCs, even before a planned acquisition of Motorola Mobility.
- 22 Jan 2014:AMD was profitable for the second consecutive quarter, thanks in large part to the success of the gaming consoles from Microsoft and Sony that are powered by the vendor's chips.
- Lenovo's talks to buy part of IBM's server business show the Chinese PC giant's next ambition: challenging US rivals in the lucrative market for products and services aimed at corporate clients.
- 15 Jan 2014:Intel puts new Arizona processor plant on hold amid PC slump (January 14) - Bloomberg (via Businessweek)Intel said it will delay opening a new factory in Arizona amid a slump in demand for PC microprocessors, its main source of revenue.
- 6 Sep 2013:
- 30 Aug 2013:
- 9 Aug 2013:Toshiba's new chief executive said he won't pull the plug on the company's unprofitable television and personal-computer operations, shunning the "easy option" of exiting cutthroat competition for a chance to reclaim its former prominence in the businesses.
- 5 Aug 2013:
- 2 Aug 2013:
- 31 Jul 2013:
- 29 Jul 2013:KLA-Tencor forecast current-quarter revenue below expectations as slumping personal computer sales hurt demand for new chip-manufacturing gear, sending its shares lower.
- 22 Jul 2013:Advanced Micro Devices hopes for financial stability after years of struggles, but analysts said that a volatile PC market could derail the chip designer's progress.
- 9 Jul 2013:
- 26 Jun 2013:Samsung Electronics has decided to ditch its unprofitable desktop PC business and devote itself to tablet computers and all-in-one laptops, company officials said Monday.
- 6 Jun 2013:With the return of PC manufacturing to the US, the company is adding 115 new manufacturing jobs in North Carolina and is on track to fully ramp up production by the end of June.
- 29 May 2013:As the PC market continues to tip further into free fall - with IDC forecasting a 7.8% sales decline this year - one Wall Street analyst suggested Tuesday that PC buyers will continue to wait for Windows Blue and the second half of 2013 to upgrade their PCs.
- 14 May 2013:
- 19 Apr 2013:
- 11 Apr 2013:
- 8 Apr 2013:
- 18 Mar 2013:
- 22 Feb 2013:
- 6 Feb 2013:A source familiar with the situation tells me that the software giant was worried about other customers thinking that Microsoft had incentive to value one over another, so it chose not to take an equity position.
- 16 Jan 2013:Dell is in buyout talks with private-equity firms, two people with knowledge of the matter said. The shares surged.
- 10 Jan 2013:
- 4 Jan 2013:
- 27 Dec 2012:There is a growing demand for solid-state drives (SSDs) despite declining numbers in the PC sector. The company said it has seen a 20-percent rise in SSD orders during 1QF13 alone.
- 21 Dec 2012:Micron Technology has reported a wider fiscal first-quarter loss as a slump in demand for personal computers led to a supply glut, weighing down prices.
- 7 Dec 2012:AMD has reduced chip orders from supplier Globalfoundries as it tries to cut costs to preserve cash amid a PC-market slump.
- 27 Nov 2012:ARM's market share for traditional or tablet computers will rise to "double digits" in 2013, with market share for traditional PCs alone exceeding 10% by 2015, according to Ian Drew, company executive VP for marketing and business development. Drew said the company's traditional PC market share is in single digits now.
- 16 Nov 2012:
- 9 Nov 2012:The maker of wireless chips posts quarterly results much better than it anticipated, and the numbers stand in stark contrast to those of other companies, such as Intel.
- 23 Oct 2012:After Motorola Mobility closed its Nanjing R&D office, the Chinese PC maker Lenovo has benefited by taking on a number of the rival firm's bereft staff.
- 4 Sep 2012:
- Accurate Analysis of Multi-Gigabit Systems Using HSPICE
- GIGABYTE's EasyTune App makes overclocking a breeze on new Intel Pentium Anniversary Edition CPUs
- OAXIS adds a second E Ink screen to your smartphone with launch of InkCase+ on Kickstarter
- Indium announces RMA-155 Pb-Free Solder Paste
- EverFocus' great leap forward: eZ Hopper
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: On-cell touch panels unlikely to win favor in high-end smartphones in 2014
- Digitimes Research: Hisilicon AP to give Huawei cost advantage in high-end mobile device market
- Commentary: Panel makers need to be more active in developing products
- Digitimes Research: Google looking to clean up Android device mess in emerging markets
- Digitimes Research: Youngfast, Melfas looking beyond G1F touch
MediaTek has taken up to 60% of the 3G handset solution market in China, pushing the market value of...
AMD has been reorganizing its businesss, such as moving its desktop business headquarters to Beijing,...
Intel president Renee James, during a recent interview, told Digitimes that the company and its partners...
According to a recent IDC research note, the transition toward mobile and cloud-based computing is...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...