- 3 Feb 2017:Samsung Electronics may build a US plant for its home appliances business, a person familiar with the matter said, the latest global firm to consider a response to criticism about imports from new US President Donald Trump.
- 2 Feb 2017:Another top-ranking figure has left HTC as Global Executive Vice President Jason Mackenzie announced the end of his run with the Taiwanese consumer electronics firm via Twitter, saying Monday was his final day.
- The impact of President Trump's immigration ban on tech companies has been immediate.
- 28 Dec 2016:South Korea's pension fund head has been arrested in a probe into alleged corruption involving electronic firm Samsung and the country's president.
- 9 Dec 2016:A Chinese takeover bid for Aixtron of Germany collapsed Thursday, a week after US President Barack Obama blocked the deal on national-security grounds, according to a statement from the buyer.
- 7 Dec 2016:In the latest signal from Washington that it's protecting its semiconductor industry from Beijing, US President Barack Obama on Friday issued an executive order barring a Chinese deal to buy a German semiconductor company's California-based subsidiary, citing national security reasons.
- 4 Dec 2016:US President-elect Donald Trump has spoken directly with the president of Taiwan - breaking with US policy set in 1979, when formal relations were cut.
- US President Barack Obama appeared to block a Chinese company from buying Germany's Aixtron SE, marking only the third time in more than a quarter century that the White House has rejected an overseas buyer as a national security risk.
- 23 Nov 2016:South Korean authorities have raided the offices of Samsung and the national pension fund as part of a corruption investigation linked to the president.
- 8 Nov 2016:The influence-peddling scandal shadowing South Korean President Park Geun-hye is raising fresh questions about decades of cozy ties between the nation's big conglomerates and those in power.
- 26 Jul 2016:Tsinghua Unigroup Chairman Zhao Weiguo will be president of a new holding company for XMC called Yangtze River Storage Technology Co., people familiar with the matter said. Tsinghua Unigroup will own more than 50% of Yangtze River Storage, with other stakes held by the national chip fund and a fund backed by the Wuhan city government, they said.
- 20 May 2016:Ms Tsai's presidency is expected to see a change in the relationship between Taipei and Beijing.
- 19 May 2016:When Taiwan's new president takes the oath of office this week, two vital constituencies-one at home, the other across the strait in mainland China-will be listening hard, but for different things.
- 15 Apr 2016:
- 6 Apr 2016:Marvell Technology directors fired the husband-and-wife management team that founded and led the chip maker for two decades, responding to a series of reverses including accounting issues that prompted investigations by the company's board and government agencies.
- 17 Jan 2016:In her victory speech, she vowed to preserve the status quo in relations with China, adding Beijing must respect Taiwan's democracy and both sides must ensure there are no provocations.
- 30 Dec 2015:A state-controlled Chinese company's plan to invest about $2 billion in the Taiwanese semiconductor industry has intensified election-year concerns in Taiwan that could set back China's ambitions to develop a leading-edge microchip industry.
- 17 Dec 2015:
- 16 Dec 2015:China will guarantee foreign companies' legal rights, President Xi Jinping said on Wednesday at the country's second annual World Internet Conference in Wuzhen.
- 6 Nov 2015:
- 22 Sep 2015:
- 15 Sep 2015:Long-serving Nintendo executive Tatsumi Kimishima will be appointed president of the firm following the death in July of Satoru Iwata.
- 26 Aug 2015:The new members added to the council include Leopold Beer, regional president Asia Pacific for Bosch Sensortec, Genda Hu, CEO of FocalTech Systems, Young Sohn, president and chief strategic officer of Samsung Electronics, Howard Yang, chairman and CEO of Montage Technology, and Charlie Zhi, president and CEO of Brite Semiconductor.
- 5 Aug 2015:Aabid Husain, who was vice president of worldwide business development and marketing at Globalfoundries based at its 200mm wafer fab campus in Singapore, has joined Cricket Semiconductor as chief marketing officer.
- 27 Jul 2015:Lalvani has more than 20 years of experience in sales, business development, strategic planning and business operations across the IT and telecom sectors.
- 21 Jul 2015:AMD's President and CEO, Lisa Su, revealed at yesterday's earnings call that AMD has already completed its first couple of FinFET designs. She also stressed that FinFET is going to be incredibly important across all markets for the company in 2016.
- 15 Jul 2015:ASML reports Q2 results in line with guidance, on track for record 2015 sales (Jul 15) - Marketwatch.com (Dow Jones)"We expect to see continued overall business strength in the second half of 2015 due to increased demand from memory and foundry customers compared with our previous expectations," ASML president and CEO Peter Wennink said.
- 3 Jul 2015:
- Intel President Renée James is among several top executives who announced plans to resign from the chip giant. Three other executives from various divisions will also leave the company.
- 29 Jun 2015:A former executive vice president at Qualcomm was sentenced Friday to 18 months in prison and fined $500,000 on charges related to a three-year-long insider trading scheme.
- 11 Jun 2015:Meng has 30 years of telecommunications experience, eight of those with Qualcomm, which included serving as senior vice president and president of Qualcomm Greater China from 2008 to 2010.
- 16 Dec 2013:
- 2 Dec 2013:South Korea's largest family-owned conglomerate, Samsung Group, on Monday promoted the group owner's daughter to president of its de-facto holding firm.
- 14 Nov 2013:Taiwan announced stricter rules for investment projects by Chinese companies as President Ma Ying-jeou seeks to overcome lawmaker resistance to legislation that would boost economic ties with China.
- 14 Oct 2013:Dongbu HiTek is not exactly a household name in the foundry business like TSMC, Globalfoundries and Samsung. But Dongbu, a company described by some as the industry's best kept secret, has been sharpening its strategy, honing its skills, and steadily expanding capacity in South Korea under Chang-Sik Choi, who became its president and CEO a year and a half ago.
- 16 Aug 2013:Applied Materials' board of directors has appointed Gary Dickerson as president and chief executive officer (CEO) and Michael Splinter as executive chairman of the board of directors, effective September 1, 2013.
- 27 Jun 2013:With Toshiba's existing chip facilities now running at full capacity, the company may spend some of a 38% hike in its capex budget this year on extending a factory, the company's incoming president, Hisao Tanaka, said in a recent interview.
- 29 Mar 2013:The president of struggling Renesas Electronics said Thursday that the chipmaker is in talks with overseas companies on selling its loss-making mobile device chip operations as part of efforts to streamline its business.
- 28 Mar 2013:A former CIO and vice president at networking hardware vendor Foundry Networks has been charged with insider trading over the company's acquisition in 2008 by Brocade Communications Systems, the US Department of Justice said.
- 20 Mar 2013:ARM has announced that CEO Warren East has decided to retire from the company, effective 1 July 2013. Simon Segars, currently president of ARM, will become the company's new CEO.
- CAYIN's latest digital signage player debuts at InfoComm China 2017
- Advantest VOICE 2017 U.S. and China keynote speakers announced
- QSAN launches XS3200 series SAN storage systems for SMB/enterprise market
- UMC and Synopsys collaboration speeds 14-nm custom design
- Advantest and W2BI to Exhibit Advanced Test Solutions at Mobile World Congress
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Note 7 issues may help Apple to regain number-1 crown in 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
Kuka Robotics, as the world's leading maker of robots used in automobile manufacturing, has been making...
Germany's Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology as well as Committee on Foreign Investment in...
Qualcomm agreed in late 2016 to buy NXP Semiconductor for about US$47 billion in the biggest-ever deal...
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...