- 28 Nov 2011:Indian lighting market has seen buoyancy in lighting products recently.
- 24 Nov 2011:LED lighting to reach 52% share of commercial building market by 2021 (November 22) - Semiconductor TodayAlthough currently quite low, the market share of LED solid-state lighting (SSL) will reach 52% of the commercial lighting market by 2021, forecasts the report ?˜Energy Efficient Lighting for Commercial Markets' from Pike Research.
- 23 Nov 2011:
- 22 Nov 2011:
- Samsung Electronics America, Inc., a market leader and award-winning innovator in consumer electronics and home appliances, today announced the availability of Samsung's first LED lighting solutions for the U.S. consumer market. Available through Lowe's, Samsung's initial product lineup for US households includes A19, PAR20/30/38 and MR16 bulbs--all designed to easily replace traditional incandescent, halogen and CFL bulbs throughout the home.
- 18 Nov 2011:
- 17 Nov 2011:
- 16 Nov 2011:
- 11 Nov 2011:LED lighting is becoming mainstream and luminaire-Âmakers are jumping on the bandwagon with viable products now that the technology is more widely understood, writes Steve Bush.
- 10 Nov 2011:
- Shipments of LED lamps and luminaires to exceed 500 million units in Asia Pacific by 2021, according to Pike Research (November 9) - Marketwatch.com (Dow Jones)While energy-efficient products are an expensive form of lighting for many customers in the Asia Pacific region, the higher costs are increasingly justified by the higher efficacy and performance compared to traditional lighting products.
- 9 Nov 2011:LED supplier Universal Display Corp posted a third-quarter profit, gainsaying loss expectations, as revenue more than tripled, and forecast full-year revenue above expectation, sending its shares up 8% in extended trade.
- 7 Nov 2011:
- 2 Nov 2011:
- 31 Oct 2011:Aixtron's Q3 revenue down nearly 50% due to Asian market correction and credit tightness (October 27) - Semiconductor TodayFor third-quarter 2011, deposition equipment maker Aixtron SE of Herzogenrath, Germany has reported revenue of ??9.8m (down 49% on ??75.6m last quarter and 58% on ??12.7m a year ago).
- 28 Oct 2011:PLED-W500 and PLED-W200 with HIGH LED brightness with 20,000 hours of long life.
- 27 Oct 2011:Rubicon Technology says that it has shipped over 200,000 six-inch sapphire wafers to LED manufacturers worldwide.
- 26 Oct 2011:
- 25 Oct 2011:Bridgelux Inc., a maker of light- emitting diode, or LED, lighting, received $15 million in financing to accelerate research and development.
- 21 Oct 2011:Taiwan and mainland China will focus on LED lighting, TFT-LCD, wireless cities, low-temperature logistics, and electric cars initially for cross-Taiwan Strait industrial cooperation.
- Outdoor lighting: Osram lights Portugal streets, Cooper launches new LED light engine - LEDs MagazineStreet-light-manufacturer SchrÃ©der has supplied SSL luminaires to Arraiolos, Portugal based on Osram LEDs, while Cooper Lighting has introduced a new version of its LightBAR that primarily targets outdoor lighting.
- 19 Oct 2011:
- 18 Oct 2011:
- Shares of both LED lighting company Cree and LED equipment maker Veeco Instruments are trading lower on growing concerns about pricing and over-capacity in the LED lighting sector. Both companies were the subject of bearish commentary from the Street this morning.
- 17 Oct 2011:
- 14 Oct 2011:
- 13 Oct 2011:
- 12 Oct 2011:LG Display's 47" HD LCD panel offers up vertical single side LED backlight technology, which promises maximum brightness while consuming less electricity than other LCD TV panels over 40 inches in size and even normal PC monitors over 20 inches in size.
- 11 Oct 2011:
- 7 Oct 2011:
- 6 Oct 2011:
- 5 Oct 2011:
- Digitimes Research: LED edge-lit 50-inch and above size LCD TV panels in high demand
- The bright future of Taiwan optoelectronics industry
- Global LED lighting market will be worth US$25.4 billion in 2013, says new report from Digitimes Research
- Interview with AZZURRO Semiconductors CEO Erwin Wolf: Mass production of 200mm GaN-on-Si wafer will drive significant shift of LED market
- New publication details ARC Energy's CHES furnace advantages for high-brightness LED production on large diameter sapphire substrates
- Linear announces synchronous buck LED driver controller
- iWatt targets high power density in ultra-small overall adapter size with new devices
- ViewSonic announces ultra-portable LED projector line
- Chimei expects LED models to account for over 30% of its monitor revenues in 2010
- Photonics Festival in Taiwan: Everlight showcases LED agriculture lamps
Demand for LED lighting products-including spot lights, LED luminaries, street lights, LED light bulbs and fluorescent tubes-will reach 90 million in...
Taiwan-based firms participated in 2013 LED Lighting Taiwan
The 2013 Taiwan International Lighting Show was held in Taipei, Taiwan, from March 26-29, 2013.
Taiwan's LED industry is optimistc about 2013
While mid-power LED chips account for only a small proportion of LED lighting currently, the proportion...
GaN-on-Si is a new technology that has the potential to replace sapphire substrates in the LED supply...
Despite the fact the penetration rate of LED backlight units (BLUs) in TVs has been increasing continuously,...
US-based MOCVD equipment provider Veeco currently ranks number one in global market share with 50%...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...
- Overview of LCD TV market - May 2010
When the economic recession hit at the end of 2008, the LCD TV market seemed to be heading toward a doomsday scenario in 2009; however, demand turned out to be...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2007
In addition to pure display makers such as Amtran, Chi Mei, HANNspree, Taiwan-based home appliance makers such as Tatung, Proton, Kolin, several major IT makers...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2006
Taiwan-based display makers come from a variety of areas in the IT industry, from Compal, which is best known for producing notebooks, to Premier, which also produces...