- 20 Jan 2012:
- 19 Jan 2012:
- 17 Jan 2012:
- 2012 could bring a big boost to the category thanks to LEDs (light emitting diodes) - those long-lasting, energy-efficient and often colorful gems that are quickly replacing the disgraced incandescent.
- 12 Jan 2012:
- 10 Jan 2012:
- 6 Jan 2012:After several years of rapid capacity expansion driven by high-brightness LED used in TV backlighting applications, a 40% decline in world metal organic chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD) purchases in 2012 will reduce overall LED equipment spending for the first time in over five years.
- 5 Jan 2012:
- David Forbes, an electrical engineer from Tucson, Arizona, has found a way to mix fashion with one of America's favorite pastimes. The engineer has created a vest packed with LEDs that turns him into a walking TV
- 3 Jan 2012:
- 27 Dec 2011:Following the massive material shortage in 2010, sapphire material and finished wafer prices remained high through early 2011, says market research firm Yole DÃ©veloppement.
- 23 Dec 2011:
- 22 Dec 2011:LED chip and lighting array maker Bridgelux Inc of Livermore, CA, USA (which claims to be the only vertically integrated maker of LED solid-state light sources specifically for the lighting industry) reckons that market conditions and its recent achievements have positioned it for additional growth in 2012.
- 21 Dec 2011:
- 20 Dec 2011:
- The European Commission (EC), which has already identified photonics as a key enabling technology, is now calling for a "massive expansion" of solid-state lighting (SSL) across the continent in a bid to reduce energy costs and boost its lighting industry.
- Cree, Inc. announced it has granted five LED lighting manufacturers licenses to select Cree patents through its recently launched remote phosphor licensing program.
- 19 Dec 2011:
- 16 Dec 2011:
- 15 Dec 2011:
- 14 Dec 2011:Dongbu HiTek launches 700V BCDMOS processing portfolio at 0.35-micron node (December 13) - Company releaseOptimizing lateral double-diffused MOS transistors with a breakdown voltage exceeding 700V, the initial entry (without epitaxial layer) in the new ultra high voltage BCDMOS portfolio specifies low on-resistance to implement robust LED driver ICs for a broad range of LED lighting applications.
- 13 Dec 2011:
- 9 Dec 2011:Shares of LED lighting and chip-maker Cree Inc. fell Thursday after it a Morgan Stanley analyst downgraded the stock, saying investor expectations for fiscal 2013 are too high.
- 7 Dec 2011:
- 6 Dec 2011:Seoul Semiconductor Co., Ltd., the Korea-based LED manufacturer, has announced that is has settled its LED patent dispute with Royal Philips Electronics.
- 30 Nov 2011:
- PowerSecure (POWR) has introduced its new SuperTube LED lighting fixtures which are designed to replace overhead fluorescent tubes in commercial applications, increasing energy efficiency and cutting costs.
- 28 Nov 2011:Indian lighting market has seen buoyancy in lighting products recently.
- 24 Nov 2011:LED lighting to reach 52% share of commercial building market by 2021 (November 22) - Semiconductor TodayAlthough currently quite low, the market share of LED solid-state lighting (SSL) will reach 52% of the commercial lighting market by 2021, forecasts the report ?˜Energy Efficient Lighting for Commercial Markets' from Pike Research.
- 23 Nov 2011:
- 22 Nov 2011:
- Samsung Electronics America, Inc., a market leader and award-winning innovator in consumer electronics and home appliances, today announced the availability of Samsung's first LED lighting solutions for the U.S. consumer market. Available through Lowe's, Samsung's initial product lineup for US households includes A19, PAR20/30/38 and MR16 bulbs--all designed to easily replace traditional incandescent, halogen and CFL bulbs throughout the home.
- 18 Nov 2011:
- 17 Nov 2011:
- 16 Nov 2011:
- 11 Nov 2011:LED lighting is becoming mainstream and luminaire-Âmakers are jumping on the bandwagon with viable products now that the technology is more widely understood, writes Steve Bush.
- Genesis Photonics finds way to Blue Ocean through high-power, flip-chip LED technology
- Digitimes Research: LED edge-lit 50-inch and above size LCD TV panels in high demand
- The bright future of Taiwan optoelectronics industry
- Global LED lighting market will be worth US$25.4 billion in 2013, says new report from Digitimes Research
- Interview with AZZURRO Semiconductors CEO Erwin Wolf: Mass production of 200mm GaN-on-Si wafer will drive significant shift of LED market
- Linear announces synchronous buck LED driver controller
- iWatt targets high power density in ultra-small overall adapter size with new devices
- ViewSonic announces ultra-portable LED projector line
- Chimei expects LED models to account for over 30% of its monitor revenues in 2010
- Photonics Festival in Taiwan: Everlight showcases LED agriculture lamps
Latest developments of Lextar.
LED firms have reported significant sales for March
Epistar's chairman has expressed optimism about the LED industry in the next three years.
Demand for LED lighting products-including spot lights, LED luminaries, street lights, LED light bulbs and fluorescent tubes-will reach 90 million in...
With the global LED lighting application market taking off, and business opportunities emerging fast,...
US-based Cree will invest US$83 million to take a 13.32% stake in Taiwan-based Lextar Electronics,...
With increasing competition from AMOLED, TFT LCD display manufacturers are beginning to look to quantum...
While mid-power LED chips account for only a small proportion of LED lighting currently, the proportion...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...
- Overview of LCD TV market - May 2010
When the economic recession hit at the end of 2008, the LCD TV market seemed to be heading toward a doomsday scenario in 2009; however, demand turned out to be...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2007
In addition to pure display makers such as Amtran, Chi Mei, HANNspree, Taiwan-based home appliance makers such as Tatung, Proton, Kolin, several major IT makers...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2006
Taiwan-based display makers come from a variety of areas in the IT industry, from Compal, which is best known for producing notebooks, to Premier, which also produces...