- 27 Feb 2014:Did you hear that a barge leaked 31,500 gallons of crude oil into the Mississippi River over the weekend? When the tanker collided with a tugboat, the resulting spill caused 65 miles of the river to be shut down for two days as New Orleans Port traffic ground to a halt and drinking water intakes were closed.
- 28 Jan 2014:Yingli Green Energy (YGE_) and Trina Solar (TSL_) jumped Monday following a report that China is not reducing its solar energy goal for 2014.
- 24 Jan 2014:Chancellor Angela Merkel on Wednesday urged her cabinet to stop bickering and join her in backing Energy Minister Sigmar Gabriel's plan to reduce financial support for renewable energy when the ministers discuss policies for the coming year at a closed-door meeting.
- 21 Jan 2014:New approach developed at MIT could generate power from sunlight efficiently and on demand.
- Germany's clean-energy industry said government plans to accelerate cuts in aid to operators of wind and solar-power plants threaten to derail the country's transition to renewable sources.
- 17 Jan 2014:UN Climate Chief Christian Figueres urges investors to adopt renewable energy technologies (Jan 15) - Huffington PostThe U.N. climate chief urged investors Wednesday to move out of high-carbon assets like oil and coal and into assets promoting renewable energy, greater energy efficiency and more sustainable ways of doing business.
- Billionaire bankers gathered at the United Nations yesterday to call for more investment in renewable energy -- $1 trillion a year, to be exact.
- 16 Jan 2014:Acknowledging that the boom is creating jobs and decreasing the need for oil imports, the boom could also lead to increasing instability in some U.S. allies, cause some African nations and Russia to strengthen ties with China, and provoke the Chinese and Russians to become more aggressive.
- The decline in investment in renewable energy accelerated in 2013 as the cost of solar panels and wind farms fell, unsettling investor confidence in alternatives to fossil fuels.
- 10 Jan 2014:Separating Myth From Fact on CFL and LED Light Bulbs: Five Concerns Addressed (Jan 8) - National GeographicA recent post on the U.S. phase-out of 40- and 60-watt low-efficiency incandescent light bulbs, which became official January 1, elicited a lot of response from readers.
- Ask the experts: How can investors benefit from the boom in "clean" ways to generate electricity? We look at the options.
- Australia now has 2 million small-scale renewable energy installations, says the Clean Energy Regulator, the government agency that oversees Australia's renewable energy targets.
- 7 Jan 2014:But not even Mr. Musk, the billionaire behind the Tesla electric car, could have foreseen the solar power craze that is sweeping Wall Street. He and his cousins Peter and Lyndon Rive are riding a wave of exuberance over the industry and their young business, SolarCity.
- 18 Dec 2013:Electronics giant Sharp is ceasing solar panel production at its Wrexham factory with the loss of hundreds of jobs.
- 27 Nov 2013:Kenya suspended issuing new licenses for wind farms and solar plants until 2017 as it prioritizes development of cheaper fuel-based sources to help cut electricity prices, Energy Secretary Davis Chirchir said.
- In October, power plants generating 530 megawatts of electricity came online in the United States. And every single electron put on the grid came from the sun, according to a report released today.
- Make sense to us: Buy an electric car and get a deal for a home solar unit.
- 22 Nov 2013:The future of the US wind industry is taking shape in an unlikely place.
- Most people would agree that fossil fuels simply need to go. They're the cause of pollution, wars and climate change. Thankfully, scientists have been researching alternative energy solutions like wind and solar power for years.
- 21 Nov 2013:Plans for a 1km (3,280ft) inflatable solar chimney have been outlined by a leading balloon specialist.
- 19 Nov 2013:A Wuxi court has approved Shunfeng Photovoltiac International's purchase of Suntech Power's manufacturing arm, taking the protracted saga closer to conclusion.
- America's energy use poses threats to national security on numerous fronts.
- Goan panel satisfied with German waste treatment technology: Deputy CM (November 19) - Times of IndiaThe 38-member Goan delegation that visited three European countries on a study tour of garbage treatment plants there "felt good about the technologies", especially the German technology, and believe it can be replicated in Goa.
- 15 Nov 2013:China will open its energy conservation and environment protection industries to foreign and private investment, state media reported Friday, quoting comments by premier Li Keqiang made at a meeting in Beijing.
- Although a phaseout of nuclear energy in Germany had been planned before Fukushima, Merkel decided to speed up the shuttering of the nine remaining reactors by about a decade, to 2022.
- 29 Oct 2013:As of October 9, a total of 47 sites with a total generating capacity of 37.8MW have been seized representing approximately 26.9% of GSF's total generating capacity.
- 25 Oct 2013:Austriansolar Chile Uno SpA, a Chilean renewable-energy developer, plans to build a US$216 million PV-power plant in Chile's northern Atacama desert.
- We need to stop paying for incredibly expensive green energy, and make sure it gets cheaper as fast as possible, otherwise huge amounts of money will be wasted on doing nothing, Bjorn Lomborg, a professor at Copenhagen Business School, told RT.
- 22 Oct 2013:China solar energy: Executives were arrested Aug. 26 for 'fraudulent acts' (October 21) - The Wall Street JournalA small solar-equipment manufacturer is the latest company in China to be swept up in a nationwide anticorruption drive.
- It is especially unfortunate the Hinkley Point overhaul is being done in a manner that demanded so much haggling.
- 21 Oct 2013:The world's solar energy industry has been steadily advancing since Bell Labs invented the world's first modern solar cell in 1954.
- Mimicking the iconic design of Lego blocks, an international team of scientists discovered a better way to harvest the sun's energy.
- China Solar Energy Holdings, the solar panel maker that's lost 93% of its market value since 2007, said its chairman and two directors have been detained by Chinese authorities on allegations of fraud.
- Wind farms are in the wrong place, says Energy Minister (October 20) - telegraph.com.uk (USE Daily Telegraph (UK))Energy Minister Greg Barker has said on-shore wind farms have turned public opinion against renewable energy.
- 18 Oct 2013:California is fighting fossil fuels by forcing utilities to store green energy (October 17) - QuartzIt has not been a good time to own a carbon-spewing power plant in California and today it just got worse. Regulators have approved a first-in-the-nation rule requiring the state's three big utilities to obtain technology to store 1,325 megawatts (MW) of electricity from wind, solar and other renewable but intermittent sources of energy by 2020.
- Renewable Energy Generation Ltd. (WIND), a developer of low-carbon assets that's backed by BlackRock Inc. (BLK), may invest 300 million pounds (US$478 million) in onshore wind, solar and bio-energy projects over the next three to four years.
- ZTE is working with governments and enterprises across 15 African countries, including Ethiopia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Niger, to deploy the use of renewable solar energy.
- 15 Oct 2013:Robots, surprisingly low-tech machines that a start-up company called Alion Energy is betting can automate the installation and maintenance of large-scale solar farms.
- Investment in clean technology for UK has risen to £1.6bn, but sector remains under pressure amid growing energy bills.
- When Ed Miliband, leader of the UK's opposition Labour party, promised in September to freeze energy prices if he won the country's next general election, it caught Britain's business elite by surprise.
- Tatung stands out at 2016 Smart City Summit & Expo with its three top Smart Living accomplishments
- BIG SUN iPV Solar Tracker provides high reliability and high profit
- BIG SUN and SAS sign iPV Solar Tracker exclusive distribution agreement for Germany and Italy
- Brand new fuel cell ferry in full service
- Armed with strong system integration capabilities, Tatung launches smart green building solutions
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
The US government is reviewing anti-dumping tariffs imposed on China and Taiwan solar firms since December 2014.
The 2015 Photonics Festival in Taiwan is taking place in Taipei during June 16-18, with more than 500 exhibitors showcasing the latest optoelectronics...
Big firms from other sectors are also playing the PV game
The solar energy market is recovering.
Taiwan-based crystalline silicon solar cell makers have been impacted by the US imposing an average...
Digitimes recently interviewed Bert Gyselinckx, general manager of the Holst Centre in Eindhoven, to...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
GaAs solar material maker Alta Devices boasts solar cells with an efficiency of 28.8%, but perhaps...