- 8 Apr 2014:The United Nations Environment Programme has today unveiled a major report on global green energy investment for 2013 - BusinessGreen highlights its key findings.
- Renewable energy is generating a greater share of the world's electricity than ever before, as costs fall and profitability rises, according to a report released Monday.
- 25 Mar 2014:German company gives boost to offshore wind industry with £160m investment.
- Super tough trees will grow in Moroccan Desert to produce green energy (Mar 23) - International Bussiness TimesA biotech company has invented a new hybrid tree that grows at record speed on barren land, and can be used to create clean energy.
- 18 Mar 2014:Germany's energy policy is expensive, harmful and short-sighted (March 16) - Financial Times (via MSNBC)Berlin is failing the poor while protecting neither security nor the climate, writes Bjorn Lomborg.
- Yingli Green Energy will release its quarterly report on Tuesday, and investors hope that the Chinese solar company can follow in the footsteps of peers Trina Solar and JinkoSolar in topping its expectations.
- 14 Mar 2014:Calif. green energy fails to fill void left by closed nuclear plant; regulators seek new options (Mar 13) - Washington PostCalifornia regulators Thursday approved a plan for two utilities to develop replacement power to help fill the void left by the closure of the San Onofre nuclear power plant, but environmentalists warned it could open the way for more dirty energy.
- 11 Mar 2014:Europe could save ??60bn in avoided fuel import costs, if it ramped up its 2030 renewable energy target by just three percentage points, according to a new industry analysis that urges member states to strengthen the EU's proposed new climate package.
- Oregon's deep blue sea is poised to be a new testing ground for green energy, as advanced technology has entrepreneurs lining up to try to harness the Pacific's wind and waves.
- 7 Mar 2014:A commission of experts appointed by the German parliament has recommended Chancellor Angela Merkel's government to abolish all subsidies for green energy, highlighting mounting opposition to plans to reform instead of scrap the system.
- What's happening in Kansas could be happening in your state. It's not completely clear that the efforts to rollback the statewide renewable energy requirements there - and in 16 other states - will succeed. But it is obvious that, nationally, the tax preference given to renewables is fading.
- 4 Mar 2014:Amtech Systems, a supplier of production and automation systems and related supplies for the manufacture of solar cells, semiconductors, and sapphire and silicon wafers, has received approximately US$10 million in new solar orders.
- Deal will make TSMC Solar's 'CIGS' modules available across North America.
- 27 Feb 2014:In 1979, when Richard Branson bought the 74-acre Necker Island in the British Virgin Islands, he paid less than $300,000.
- Did you hear that a barge leaked 31,500 gallons of crude oil into the Mississippi River over the weekend? When the tanker collided with a tugboat, the resulting spill caused 65 miles of the river to be shut down for two days as New Orleans Port traffic ground to a halt and drinking water intakes were closed.
- 28 Jan 2014:Yingli Green Energy (YGE_) and Trina Solar (TSL_) jumped Monday following a report that China is not reducing its solar energy goal for 2014.
- 24 Jan 2014:Chancellor Angela Merkel on Wednesday urged her cabinet to stop bickering and join her in backing Energy Minister Sigmar Gabriel's plan to reduce financial support for renewable energy when the ministers discuss policies for the coming year at a closed-door meeting.
- 21 Jan 2014:New approach developed at MIT could generate power from sunlight efficiently and on demand.
- Germany's clean-energy industry said government plans to accelerate cuts in aid to operators of wind and solar-power plants threaten to derail the country's transition to renewable sources.
- 17 Jan 2014:UN Climate Chief Christian Figueres urges investors to adopt renewable energy technologies (Jan 15) - Huffington PostThe U.N. climate chief urged investors Wednesday to move out of high-carbon assets like oil and coal and into assets promoting renewable energy, greater energy efficiency and more sustainable ways of doing business.
- Billionaire bankers gathered at the United Nations yesterday to call for more investment in renewable energy -- $1 trillion a year, to be exact.
- 16 Jan 2014:Acknowledging that the boom is creating jobs and decreasing the need for oil imports, the boom could also lead to increasing instability in some U.S. allies, cause some African nations and Russia to strengthen ties with China, and provoke the Chinese and Russians to become more aggressive.
- The decline in investment in renewable energy accelerated in 2013 as the cost of solar panels and wind farms fell, unsettling investor confidence in alternatives to fossil fuels.
- 10 Jan 2014:Separating Myth From Fact on CFL and LED Light Bulbs: Five Concerns Addressed (Jan 8) - National GeographicA recent post on the U.S. phase-out of 40- and 60-watt low-efficiency incandescent light bulbs, which became official January 1, elicited a lot of response from readers.
- Ask the experts: How can investors benefit from the boom in "clean" ways to generate electricity? We look at the options.
- Australia now has 2 million small-scale renewable energy installations, says the Clean Energy Regulator, the government agency that oversees Australia's renewable energy targets.
- 7 Jan 2014:But not even Mr. Musk, the billionaire behind the Tesla electric car, could have foreseen the solar power craze that is sweeping Wall Street. He and his cousins Peter and Lyndon Rive are riding a wave of exuberance over the industry and their young business, SolarCity.
- 18 Dec 2013:Electronics giant Sharp is ceasing solar panel production at its Wrexham factory with the loss of hundreds of jobs.
- 27 Nov 2013:Kenya suspended issuing new licenses for wind farms and solar plants until 2017 as it prioritizes development of cheaper fuel-based sources to help cut electricity prices, Energy Secretary Davis Chirchir said.
- In October, power plants generating 530 megawatts of electricity came online in the United States. And every single electron put on the grid came from the sun, according to a report released today.
- Make sense to us: Buy an electric car and get a deal for a home solar unit.
- 22 Nov 2013:The future of the US wind industry is taking shape in an unlikely place.
- Most people would agree that fossil fuels simply need to go. They're the cause of pollution, wars and climate change. Thankfully, scientists have been researching alternative energy solutions like wind and solar power for years.
- 21 Nov 2013:Plans for a 1km (3,280ft) inflatable solar chimney have been outlined by a leading balloon specialist.
- 19 Nov 2013:A Wuxi court has approved Shunfeng Photovoltiac International's purchase of Suntech Power's manufacturing arm, taking the protracted saga closer to conclusion.
- America's energy use poses threats to national security on numerous fronts.
- Goan panel satisfied with German waste treatment technology: Deputy CM (November 19) - Times of IndiaThe 38-member Goan delegation that visited three European countries on a study tour of garbage treatment plants there "felt good about the technologies", especially the German technology, and believe it can be replicated in Goa.
- 15 Nov 2013:China will open its energy conservation and environment protection industries to foreign and private investment, state media reported Friday, quoting comments by premier Li Keqiang made at a meeting in Beijing.
- Although a phaseout of nuclear energy in Germany had been planned before Fukushima, Merkel decided to speed up the shuttering of the nine remaining reactors by about a decade, to 2022.
- 29 Oct 2013:As of October 9, a total of 47 sites with a total generating capacity of 37.8MW have been seized representing approximately 26.9% of GSF's total generating capacity.
- YC SYNERGY launches gen 4 automotive fuel cell module
- Heraeus Introduces New Series of Pastes as Solar Market Accelerates Moving to PERC Technology
- Heraeus introduces new series of PERC Metallization Pastes at PV Taiwan International Photovoltaic Exhibition
- Heraeus confidently looking to next phase of legal proceedings in Taiwan patent dispute
- Accumulating comprehensive smart living achievements, Tatung is devoted to building smart green communities
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
Demand for PERC solar cells is rising.
China has announced the PV feed-in tariffs for 2017.
Taiwan and China solar firms face antitrust tariffs in the US and Europe.
The 2015 Photonics Festival in Taiwan is taking place in Taipei during June 16-18, with more than 500 exhibitors showcasing the latest optoelectronics...
Taiwan-based crystalline silicon solar cell makers have been impacted by the US imposing an average...
Digitimes recently interviewed Bert Gyselinckx, general manager of the Holst Centre in Eindhoven, to...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
GaAs solar material maker Alta Devices boasts solar cells with an efficiency of 28.8%, but perhaps...