- 9 Apr 2012:Dimmable under cabinet lights from elemental LED now available in sleek wooden finishes (April 6) - San Francisco ChronicleElemental LED, a San Francisco Bay Area-based LED lighting company, recently released light wood and dark wood finish options on its popular dimmable LED puck light. The under cabinet lighting fixture is now available in 5 finish options: brushed aluminum, copper, black, light wood and dark wood.
- 6 Apr 2012:While Lextar Electronics Corp. estimates its production will run at full capacity by end of the second quarter at the earliest and Genesis Photonics Inc. has been inundated with orders this month, Everlight Electronics Co., Ltd. and Epistar Inc. say their capacity utilization rates are ramping up towards 100%.
- Lextar Electronics Corp., an LED subsidiary of LCD maker AU Optronics Corp. (AUO), will target Europe, North America and Japan with the LED bulbs it recently rolled out as direct replacements for 40W and 75W incandescent bulbs.
- Korean panel makers launched new LED TVs in 2012, which stimulated the demand and in turn increased LED companies' utilization rates. As a result, LED makers' revenues rebounded by 15%-20% compared to January.
- 5 Apr 2012:In terms of LED PC monitor sales during Q4 2011, LG continued to be in the top spot with a 31 per cent market share. Samsung replaced Acer in second place, while AOC maintained its position at the fourth spot
- LED Engin is to reveal details of an LED that dims like a halogen bulb, reddening as its output drops, at Light+Building in Frankfurt
- 3 Apr 2012:Barclays Capital finds that light-emitting diode (LED) manufacturing and materials patents will soon run out, potentially draining value from material/chip/package suppliers and turning LEDs into commodities.
- 2 Apr 2012:Everlight Electronics Co., Ltd., Taiwan's biggest LED packager by volume and revenue, will boost LED lighting sales to account for 15% of its annual revenue this year, up from 9% last year in reflection of its bright perspective of LED market. (April 2)
- 1 Apr 2012:
- 27 Mar 2012:Proving that energy-saving products don't easily make a good business, Royal Philips Electronics today reported that third quarter profits in its LED-reliant lighting division tumbled by nearly 50 percent.
- Last year Jason Matlof, a partner at Battery Ventures, claimed that 2011 could be the year of the solid state lighting crossover -- when incandescents give way to LEDs. Matlof, like many VCs is an optimistic sort. And while Matlof might be off on the exact year, he's probably accurate with regard to the decade.
- 26 Mar 2012:
- 9 Mar 2012:The US government last year announced a US$10 million award, dubbed the "L Prize," for any manufacturer that could create a "green" but affordable light bulb.
- 5 Mar 2012:Philips Electronics is optimistic about LED lighting sales as the technology gains popularity worldwide.
- 2 Mar 2012:Microsemi Corporation, a leading provider of semiconductor solutions differentiated by power, security, reliability and performance, today announced a new, revolutionary non-dissipative LED backlight driver for LCD TV applications.
- 29 Feb 2012:Nualight, an Ireland-based specialist in LED lighting for food retail, has been selected by Sainsbury's, a UK-based supermarket chain, to be its partner for a significant LED lighting program in refrigerated cases across all new and refurbished stores.
- 21 Feb 2012:Durham-based Cree Inc., a maker of LED lighting products, announced Monday that it's participating in a series of energy efficiency renovations in U.S. diplomatic offices or residences in Vienna, Rome, Berlin, Madrid and Lisbon.
- 20 Feb 2012:Light emitting diodes - semiconductors that emit light - have put light bulbs back on the front page, arguably for the first time since Thomas Edison unveiled his bulb in 1879 to replace for kerosene lamps.
- 17 Feb 2012:
- 16 Feb 2012:
- 14 Feb 2012:
- 13 Feb 2012:In a bid to draw public awareness towards energy conservation, state government is all set to replace street lights in 65 streets in cities and peri-urban areas across the state with light emitting diode (LED) bulbs.
- 10 Feb 2012:
- 9 Feb 2012:Claiming a breakthrough in light-emitting diode (LED) technology, Cree Inc. announced a new product that the company claims delivers twice the lumens per dollar of conventional LEDs and offers the highest performance in the industry.
- 8 Feb 2012:
- 3 Feb 2012:Local LED lighting firm lands contract with Toshiba International (February 2) - San Antonio Business JournalLocally based GreenStar, an LED lighting manufacturer, has signed a contract with Houston-based Toshiba International Corp.
- 1 Feb 2012:
- 31 Jan 2012:
- 30 Jan 2012:
- 20 Jan 2012:
- 19 Jan 2012:
- 17 Jan 2012:
- 2012 could bring a big boost to the category thanks to LEDs (light emitting diodes) - those long-lasting, energy-efficient and often colorful gems that are quickly replacing the disgraced incandescent.
- Genesis Photonics finds way to Blue Ocean through high-power, flip-chip LED technology
- Digitimes Research: LED edge-lit 50-inch and above size LCD TV panels in high demand
- The bright future of Taiwan optoelectronics industry
- Global LED lighting market will be worth US$25.4 billion in 2013, says new report from Digitimes Research
- Interview with AZZURRO Semiconductors CEO Erwin Wolf: Mass production of 200mm GaN-on-Si wafer will drive significant shift of LED market
- Linear announces synchronous buck LED driver controller
- iWatt targets high power density in ultra-small overall adapter size with new devices
- ViewSonic announces ultra-portable LED projector line
- Chimei expects LED models to account for over 30% of its monitor revenues in 2010
- Photonics Festival in Taiwan: Everlight showcases LED agriculture lamps
Latest developments of Lextar.
LED firms have reported significant sales for March
Epistar's chairman has expressed optimism about the LED industry in the next three years.
Demand for LED lighting products-including spot lights, LED luminaries, street lights, LED light bulbs and fluorescent tubes-will reach 90 million in...
With the global LED lighting application market taking off, and business opportunities emerging fast,...
US-based Cree will invest US$83 million to take a 13.32% stake in Taiwan-based Lextar Electronics,...
With increasing competition from AMOLED, TFT LCD display manufacturers are beginning to look to quantum...
While mid-power LED chips account for only a small proportion of LED lighting currently, the proportion...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...
- Overview of LCD TV market - May 2010
When the economic recession hit at the end of 2008, the LCD TV market seemed to be heading toward a doomsday scenario in 2009; however, demand turned out to be...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2007
In addition to pure display makers such as Amtran, Chi Mei, HANNspree, Taiwan-based home appliance makers such as Tatung, Proton, Kolin, several major IT makers...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2006
Taiwan-based display makers come from a variety of areas in the IT industry, from Compal, which is best known for producing notebooks, to Premier, which also produces...