- 26 Mar 2012:
- 9 Mar 2012:The US government last year announced a US$10 million award, dubbed the "L Prize," for any manufacturer that could create a "green" but affordable light bulb.
- 5 Mar 2012:Philips Electronics is optimistic about LED lighting sales as the technology gains popularity worldwide.
- 2 Mar 2012:Microsemi Corporation, a leading provider of semiconductor solutions differentiated by power, security, reliability and performance, today announced a new, revolutionary non-dissipative LED backlight driver for LCD TV applications.
- 29 Feb 2012:Nualight, an Ireland-based specialist in LED lighting for food retail, has been selected by Sainsbury's, a UK-based supermarket chain, to be its partner for a significant LED lighting program in refrigerated cases across all new and refurbished stores.
- 21 Feb 2012:Durham-based Cree Inc., a maker of LED lighting products, announced Monday that it's participating in a series of energy efficiency renovations in U.S. diplomatic offices or residences in Vienna, Rome, Berlin, Madrid and Lisbon.
- 20 Feb 2012:Light emitting diodes - semiconductors that emit light - have put light bulbs back on the front page, arguably for the first time since Thomas Edison unveiled his bulb in 1879 to replace for kerosene lamps.
- 17 Feb 2012:
- 16 Feb 2012:
- 14 Feb 2012:
- 13 Feb 2012:In a bid to draw public awareness towards energy conservation, state government is all set to replace street lights in 65 streets in cities and peri-urban areas across the state with light emitting diode (LED) bulbs.
- 10 Feb 2012:
- 9 Feb 2012:Claiming a breakthrough in light-emitting diode (LED) technology, Cree Inc. announced a new product that the company claims delivers twice the lumens per dollar of conventional LEDs and offers the highest performance in the industry.
- 8 Feb 2012:
- 3 Feb 2012:Local LED lighting firm lands contract with Toshiba International (February 2) - San Antonio Business JournalLocally based GreenStar, an LED lighting manufacturer, has signed a contract with Houston-based Toshiba International Corp.
- 1 Feb 2012:
- 31 Jan 2012:
- 30 Jan 2012:
- 20 Jan 2012:
- 19 Jan 2012:
- 17 Jan 2012:
- 2012 could bring a big boost to the category thanks to LEDs (light emitting diodes) - those long-lasting, energy-efficient and often colorful gems that are quickly replacing the disgraced incandescent.
- 12 Jan 2012:
- 10 Jan 2012:
- 6 Jan 2012:After several years of rapid capacity expansion driven by high-brightness LED used in TV backlighting applications, a 40% decline in world metal organic chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD) purchases in 2012 will reduce overall LED equipment spending for the first time in over five years.
- 5 Jan 2012:
- David Forbes, an electrical engineer from Tucson, Arizona, has found a way to mix fashion with one of America's favorite pastimes. The engineer has created a vest packed with LEDs that turns him into a walking TV
- 3 Jan 2012:
- 27 Dec 2011:Following the massive material shortage in 2010, sapphire material and finished wafer prices remained high through early 2011, says market research firm Yole Développement.
- 23 Dec 2011:
- 22 Dec 2011:LED chip and lighting array maker Bridgelux Inc of Livermore, CA, USA (which claims to be the only vertically integrated maker of LED solid-state light sources specifically for the lighting industry) reckons that market conditions and its recent achievements have positioned it for additional growth in 2012.
- 21 Dec 2011:
- 20 Dec 2011:
- The European Commission (EC), which has already identified photonics as a key enabling technology, is now calling for a "massive expansion" of solid-state lighting (SSL) across the continent in a bid to reduce energy costs and boost its lighting industry.
- Genesis Photonics finds way to Blue Ocean through high-power, flip-chip LED technology
- Digitimes Research: LED edge-lit 50-inch and above size LCD TV panels in high demand
- The bright future of Taiwan optoelectronics industry
- Global LED lighting market will be worth US$25.4 billion in 2013, says new report from Digitimes Research
- Interview with AZZURRO Semiconductors CEO Erwin Wolf: Mass production of 200mm GaN-on-Si wafer will drive significant shift of LED market
- Linear announces synchronous buck LED driver controller
- iWatt targets high power density in ultra-small overall adapter size with new devices
- ViewSonic announces ultra-portable LED projector line
- Chimei expects LED models to account for over 30% of its monitor revenues in 2010
- Photonics Festival in Taiwan: Everlight showcases LED agriculture lamps
Latest developments of Lextar.
LED firms have reported significant sales for March
Epistar's chairman has expressed optimism about the LED industry in the next three years.
Demand for LED lighting products-including spot lights, LED luminaries, street lights, LED light bulbs and fluorescent tubes-will reach 90 million in...
While mid-power LED chips account for only a small proportion of LED lighting currently, the proportion...
GaN-on-Si is a new technology that has the potential to replace sapphire substrates in the LED supply...
Despite the fact the penetration rate of LED backlight units (BLUs) in TVs has been increasing continuously,...
US-based MOCVD equipment provider Veeco currently ranks number one in global market share with 50%...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...
- Overview of LCD TV market - May 2010
When the economic recession hit at the end of 2008, the LCD TV market seemed to be heading toward a doomsday scenario in 2009; however, demand turned out to be...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2007
In addition to pure display makers such as Amtran, Chi Mei, HANNspree, Taiwan-based home appliance makers such as Tatung, Proton, Kolin, several major IT makers...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2006
Taiwan-based display makers come from a variety of areas in the IT industry, from Compal, which is best known for producing notebooks, to Premier, which also produces...