- 20 Apr 2009:Signs that a giant fiscal stimulus is starting to work in China. However, China still needs to find a new engine for future growth. Reforms to improve health care and the social safety net will take many years to encourage people to save less.
- 14 Apr 2009:Dell is in talks with China Mobile to offer a smartphone based on the carrier's mobile operating system, a move that would take Dell into a huge but competitive market in China, an analyst said Monday.
- 1 Apr 2009:As promoted by Goldman Sachs in 2001, this approach focuses on Brazil, Russia, India and China. While their stock markets were as battered as those in North America and Europe in 2008, most of them may recover faster and offer sustained growth.
- 25 Mar 2009:
- 24 Mar 2009:
- 20 Mar 2009:China Mobile missed forecasts with its slowest quarterly profit growth since 2005 and warned a deepening financial crisis will pressure subscriber growth as local competition gets tougher.
- 13 Mar 2009:China's demand for polysilicon will make up less than 45% of its annual production capacity in 2009 due to fast capacity expansion and lowering demand, according to a report by CLSA Limited.
- 10 Mar 2009:China should let the yuan rise 3% against the dollar in 2009 to deter capital outflows and help the country make overseas acquisitions, said Wang Jian, a researcher affiliated with the nation's top planning agency.
- Chinese consumer prices showed an annual fall in February for the first time since 2002, figures have shown.
- 5 Mar 2009:Premier Wen Jiabao, who delivered his Cabinet's work report to the parliament's 3,000 delegates, said China would be able to achieve 8% growth in the economy. The government plans to spend 146 billion yuan (US$21 billion) on its science and technology sector, up 25% from 2008; 293 billion yuan in social security and 130 billion yuan to speed up recovery in areas hit by the massive deadly earthquake that struck Sichuan province in August.
- US stocks headed for a sharp rebound at the open on Wednesday after a sell-off the previous session left indexes at 12-year lows, with a jump in the price of oil and other commodities spurring energy and natural resource stocks.
- 3 Mar 2009:Hangzhou Motorola Cellular Equipment, a joint venture between Motorola and Hangzhou Eastern Communications, will cease cell phone production by the first quarter of 2009, underlining the extended woes of the US communications giant's troubled mobile phone business. The mobile phone production line will switch to producing TV set-top boxes in the future, said Chen Lei, a spokersperson of Motorola China.
- 25 Feb 2009:Rumor: China Unicom, Apple finally reach agreement On iPhone's entry into China (Feb 24) - China Tech NewsChina Unicom has reportedly reached an agreement with Apple on iPhone's entry into China and the 3G iPhone may appear in the Chinese market in May 2009.
- 24 Feb 2009:China reaffirmed on Monday that it will ramp up public spending and try to simulate domestic demand to ensure stable growth as the global financial crisis weighs on the economy.
- 13 Feb 2009:
- 4 Feb 2009:The Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) has launched an initiative to boost the development of solar energy technology, in a bid to turn it into a major energy source in China by 2050. The plan will be carried out in three phases, including "utilization in selective areas" by 2015, "utilization as an alternative energy" by 2025 and "large-scale utilization" by 2035, respectively.
- 14 Jan 2009:A severe economic slowdown in China is one of the biggest risks faced by the world this year, the World Economic Forum (WEF) has warned.
- 14 Nov 2008:"The downturn trend in our economy is more obvious, especially since September. We hope a rapid downturn in growth will not occur," said Mu Hong, a deputy chairman of the nation's main planning agency. Beijing is moving quickly to launch the package and will distribute most of a planned 100 billion yuan ($15 billion) in additional government spending within the next two weeks. The plan calls for higher spending on infrastructure and social programs in an effort to spur domestic consumer spending and reduce reliance on exports.
- 12 Nov 2008:First-generation TD-SCDMA is designed to offer top speeds of 384k bps which, if attained, would be as fast as a typical ADSL (Asynchronous Digital Subscriber Line) connection in China. However, the TD-SCDMA USIM cards issued so far have "128k" stamped on them, which points to lower speeds on the trial service.
- 3 Oct 2008:
- Intel IoT Asia Mark the Arrival of IoT Era
- Industry experts gathers at Intel IoT Asia to unveil the latest market trends
- Conquer Electronics' Innovation - Industrial Micro Fuses
- OSTAR Takes the Lead to Drive Smart Medical Applications
- Chilisin expanding via process capacity to handle surging orders for 0201 high-frequency chip inductors
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: GTAT woes disrupt sapphire industry
- Digitimes Research: Enterprise segment to benefit, but PC segment to suffer from HP spin-off
- Digitimes Research: MediaTek, Rockchip to join Chromebook market
- Digitimes Research: China 4G smartphone demand fails to surge; CoolPad, Lenovo, Xiaomi unlikely to achieve 2014 targets
- Digitimes Research: Microsoft to release new inexpensive notebook solution; unlikely to receive full support from vendors
US-based Cree will invest US$83 million to take a 13.32% stake in Taiwan-based Lextar Electronics,...
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
With increasing competition from AMOLED, TFT LCD display manufacturers are beginning to look to quantum...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...