- 16 Jun 2011:
- 15 Jun 2011:Suntech Power ousted its biggest competitor in the solar industry, FirstSolar, to become the largest supplier of photovoltaic (PV) modules in the world last year. The company shipped 1,522 megawatt ( MW ) of PV modules in 2010, comfortably ahead of the 1,411 MW First Solar shipped across the globe.
- 14 Jun 2011:
- 13 Jun 2011:The Tata Steel and Dyesol development partnership has produced the world's largest dye sensitized photovoltaic module. Manufactured at Tata Steel's Shotton site in North Wales, the module is over three metres in length and approximately one square metre in area. This unique achievement represents an important step towards the development of large-scale microgeneration capability within building infrastructure.
- It was a successful trade show. That was expressed by all the exhibitors whom pv magazine spoke with, regardless of whether they were inverter manufacturers, junction box makers, cables and connectors producers or mounting system folks.
- 10 Jun 2011:On June 8th, 2011, SunPower Corporation (San Jose, California, U.S.) launched a new series of solar photovoltaic (PV) modules which it says offer total area conversion efficiencies greater than 20%.
- Subsidies for large-scale solar power installations are to be cut drastically, in a move that ministers said would preserve funds for households to put up panels, but industry warned would mean a slower uptake of renewable power.
- 9 Jun 2011:
- The 20th Intersolar Europe has opened its doors today in Munich. While the trade show floors are still quite empty, word on the street is that, spurred on by China's progress, India is getting ready to significantly ramp up its photovoltaic market. Automation is the watchword.
- Intersolar EU: The world's largest exhibition for the solar industry kicks off in Munich (June 8) - PV-TechPlaying host to the world's largest exhibition for the solar industry, the Messe München has once again opened its doors to Intersolar Europe. Thousands of visitors and exhibitors are expected to attend this year's event, which is estimated to see more than 2,200 companies from 47 countries showcase products and services in the areas of photovoltaics, PV production and solar thermal technology.
- 8 Jun 2011:
- 7 Jun 2011:
- 3 Jun 2011:
- 2 Jun 2011:
- Germany's solar industry is to be subjected to four subsidy cuts over the next 12 months, according to the revised draft of the country's Renewable Energy Act [EEG]. The final two of these reductions had not been included in the original amendment to the bill and their addition is a major blow to the country's solar industry.
- 31 May 2011:
- 30 May 2011:
- 27 May 2011:
- Sky Solar has named Amy Zhang, Suntech's former CFO, as its new CEO and executive director, succeeding founder and chairman Weili Su, who will focus on company's strategic development and promoting its advanced technologies.
- 26 May 2011:
- 25 May 2011:
- 24 May 2011:
- 23 May 2011:
- 20 May 2011:
- 19 May 2011:The Toronto District School Board is entering into a partnership with a solar energy company that will see aging school roofs repaired and solar panels put on the roofs of more than 400 schools.
- Sage Microeclectronics Launches BlackDisk Series 2.5" 10TB SATA SSD
- PEZY and Imagination team up to develop next-generation HPC systems
- Orbotech shares vision for future electronics manufacturing models; leverages rebranding efforts
- Indium Corporation's EZ-Pour Gallium Trichloride simplifies room temperature processes
- Imagination and Testin partner to accelerate time-to-market for app development in Greater China
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Perforce and Interset Deliver Industry's First Intellectual Property Threat Detection Integrated with Source Code and Content Management
- Rockchip statement on merger rumor
- Another way to track the Sun by BIG SUN
- Perforce Software Introduces Perforce Swarm
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
- Digitimes Research: Shrinking tablet market prompts China touch panel supply chain to look for growth elsewhere
Buoyed by its ZenFone series smartphones, Asustek Computer has captured a portion of the global smartphone...
China-based Tsinghua Unigroup is currently riding high in the global semiconductor industry with a...
While the product life cycles of analog ICs are getting shorter and shorter, the technical standards...
Notebook vendor Acer aims to ship at least five million smartphones in 2015 and plans to hike the shipments...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...