- 7 Nov 2012:Soitec increases bonded SOS wafer production to meet Peregrine's demand (November 6) - Semiconductor TodaySoitec of Bernin, France, which makes engineered substrates including silicon-on-insulator (SOI) wafers (as well as III-V epiwafers through its Picogiga International division), has more than doubled production of bonded silicon-on-sapphire (BSOS) substrates to meet increased demand from strategic partner Peregrine Semiconductor Corp of San Diego,US.
- 5 Nov 2012:A joint venture between Sumitomo and Kazakhstan's state-owned Kazatomprom uranium mining group officially opened a rare earth metal plant Friday in the former Soviet republic.
- 1 Nov 2012:
- 31 Oct 2012:
- 23 Oct 2012:
- 19 Oct 2012:
- 18 Oct 2012:
- 16 Oct 2012:
- 5 Oct 2012:
- 2 Oct 2012:
- 28 Sep 2012:
- 26 Sep 2012:
- 20 Sep 2012:
- 13 Sep 2012:
- 12 Sep 2012:LED lighting will be connected to the Internet of things, says global marketing director of Philips (September 11) - LEDs MagazineNiels Van Duinen, global marketing director at Philips Lighting led off the Street & Area Lighting Conference on September 10 with a forward look at LED lighting and how smart-city projects will ultimately connect lighting on Internet Protocol (IP) networks.
- 7 Sep 2012:
- 31 Aug 2012:
- 22 Aug 2012:
- 20 Aug 2012:
- 16 Aug 2012:
- 14 Aug 2012:
- 10 Aug 2012:
- 9 Aug 2012:
- Cree Inc., a maker of light-emitting diode, or LED, products, said Tuesday that its fiscal fourth-quarter net income fell 49% because of higher expenses, but revenue grew and adjusted earnings topped Wall Street's expectations.
- In the presence of high-ranking representatives of the Jiangsu province, OSRAM AG laid the foundation of its new plant in the Chinese city of Wuxi.
- 1 Aug 2012:
- 26 Jul 2012:
- 25 Jul 2012:
- 24 Jul 2012:Once again, it's not shaping up to be a great year for television makers, says market researcher NPD DisplaySearch, but not all is gloomy. While the overall television market will be cooling slightly for 2012, growth is still expected in key areas such as LED-backlit sets, 3D televisions, and displays larger than 50 inches.
- Seoul Metropolitan Government has announced plans to replace lighting in all public areas including subway stations, streets and city government offices with LED lighting by 2018.
- 23 Jul 2012:Universal Display and Plextronics announce strategic alliance to develop next-generation OLED material systems (July 19) - Marketwatch.com (Dow Jones)Universal Display Corporation /quotes/zigman/59127/quotes/nls/panl PANL -10.43% , the leading OLED patent licensor and supplier of materials and technologies for energy-efficient OLED displays and lighting, and Plextronics, Inc., a leader in the development and manufacture of printed electronics technologies, announced today they have entered into a strategic alliance to accelerate the development and commercialization of solution-based OLED material systems.
- 17 Jul 2012:
- 13 Jul 2012:
- China's largest rare-earth producer plans to launch a trading platform, according to a company newsletter, in the nation's latest attempt to exert more control over the pricing of the strategically important minerals.
- 12 Jul 2012:
- Indium Corporation Features Heat-Spring for LED Manufacturing at IMAPS 2015
- Launching custom-made projector LED light sources, shaping up speedy service model
- Epistar promotes Co-activation Service, adopts DoB with HV chips to win over lighting brands
- ALT MR16 gets UL for testing in enclosed fixtures
- Genesis Photonics finds way to Blue Ocean through high-power, flip-chip LED technology
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Philips makes wise move selling Lumileds stake
- Digitimes Research: TSMC SSL merger to enhance Epistar in the LED market
- Digitimes Research: GTAT woes disrupt sapphire industry
- Apple-GTAT partnership to drive sapphire demand
- Commentary: Taiwan to benefit from common LED lighting standards in Greater China
- Linear announces synchronous buck LED driver controller
- iWatt targets high power density in ultra-small overall adapter size with new devices
- ViewSonic announces ultra-portable LED projector line
- Chimei expects LED models to account for over 30% of its monitor revenues in 2010
- Photonics Festival in Taiwan: Everlight showcases LED agriculture lamps
Latest developments of Lextar.
The India government is accelerating the adoption of LED lighting in the country.
LED firms have reported significant sales for March
Epistar's chairman has expressed optimism about the LED industry in the next three years.
Global demand for LED lighting will peak in 2018, with LED applications to acount for 70% of all lighting...
With the global LED lighting application market taking off, and business opportunities emerging fast,...
US-based Cree will invest US$83 million to take a 13.32% stake in Taiwan-based Lextar Electronics,...
With increasing competition from AMOLED, TFT LCD display manufacturers are beginning to look to quantum...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...
- Overview of LCD TV market - May 2010
When the economic recession hit at the end of 2008, the LCD TV market seemed to be heading toward a doomsday scenario in 2009; however, demand turned out to be...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2007
In addition to pure display makers such as Amtran, Chi Mei, HANNspree, Taiwan-based home appliance makers such as Tatung, Proton, Kolin, several major IT makers...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2006
Taiwan-based display makers come from a variety of areas in the IT industry, from Compal, which is best known for producing notebooks, to Premier, which also produces...