- 12 Aug 2009:
- 11 Aug 2009:
- 7 Aug 2009:
- 3 Aug 2009:
- 29 Jul 2009:
- 22 Jul 2009:
- 20 Jul 2009:Bargaining is much more than a team sport in China -- it's also a way of life that has been ingrained in the psyche of Chinese society for centuries.
- 16 Jul 2009:ZTE has said it had won 34% of China Mobile Communications's third-round 3G network expansion tender.
- Foxconn, the contracted iPhone maker for Apple, is manufacturing a 3G version of iPhone tailored to customers in China, disclosed sources familiar with the matter on July 15.
- 13 Jul 2009:
- 6 Jul 2009:
- 2 Jul 2009:
- 26 Jun 2009:Japan's Panasonic said it aims for double-digit sales growth this business year in the five major emerging markets it focuses on, including China and India, despite an estimated 10% decline in overall revenues.
- 22 Jun 2009:
- 19 Jun 2009:Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. (SMIC), China's biggest chipmaker, said recently that the country's demand for its products is recovering with orders in the third quarter expected to be better than in the second.
- 18 Jun 2009:China, which has criticized protectionist moves elsewhere, is pushing ahead with efforts to ensure that its gargantuan economic stimulus package benefits domestic firms.
- The World Bank has raised its forecast for growth in China this year from 6.5% to 7.2% amid signs that the economy is doing better than expected.
- Canadian Solar plans to boost its annual production capacity from 620 megawatts to 800 MW by end-August, to meet an expected surge in demand, according to company president and CEO Shawn Qu.
- 11 Jun 2009:A senior Chinese official has said China wants to produce one-fifth of its energy needs from renewable sources by 2020, a significant increase on the current target.
- 9 Jun 2009:
- 1 Jun 2009:The SEMI PV Group has recommended that China should accelerate its adoption of PV-generated electricity to reach the global average by 2014.
- 22 May 2009:US manufacturers and retailers that get products or components from China are increasingly concerned about quality, IP and rising costs in China, and more are looking at alternate sites, according to a study published on Thursday.
- 21 May 2009:
- 19 May 2009:Why, if investment is rising so rapidly, was its contribution to GDP growth in 1Q09 (2pp of the 6.1% total) so low? And why is electricity output still falling, down by 3.5% on year in April? The slowdown in on-year industrial production growth, to 7.3% in April from 8.3% in March, raises further concerns.
- 18 May 2009:
- China's unprecedented growth in recent years has come at a terrible price. Ahead of most forecasts, China in 2008 passed the US to become the world's largest source of greenhouse gases.
- 14 May 2009:Applied Materials executives said customer confidence is improving, but cautioned that the company is seeing "a very dynamic environment" in all of its major segments. China's stimulus plans may continue to support cellphone and PC consumption there, said CEO Mike Splinter following release of fiscal Q2 financial results.
- 12 May 2009:China's consumer prices fell by 1.5% in the year to April, figures show, the third consecutive month of declines.
- 6 May 2009:
- 30 Apr 2009:
- 27 Apr 2009:Chinese companies are just as eager to defend patents as Western firms, and that China's intellectual-property regime has been tightened in recent years.
- 24 Apr 2009:
- 23 Apr 2009:Japan has reported its first annual trade deficit in 28 years, with exports in the year to March down 16% from the previous year.
- 21 Apr 2009:
- ABB and Volvo form global partnership for electric and hybrid bus fast-charging
- Accurate Analysis of Multi-Gigabit Systems Using HSPICE
- GIGABYTE's EasyTune App makes overclocking a breeze on new Intel Pentium Anniversary Edition CPUs
- OAXIS adds a second E Ink screen to your smartphone with launch of InkCase+ on Kickstarter
- Indium announces RMA-155 Pb-Free Solder Paste
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: On-cell touch panels unlikely to win favor in high-end smartphones in 2014
- Digitimes Research: Hisilicon AP to give Huawei cost advantage in high-end mobile device market
- Commentary: Panel makers need to be more active in developing products
- Digitimes Research: Google looking to clean up Android device mess in emerging markets
- Digitimes Research: Youngfast, Melfas looking beyond G1F touch
MediaTek has taken up to 60% of the 3G handset solution market in China, pushing the market value of...
AMD has been reorganizing its businesss, such as moving its desktop business headquarters to Beijing,...
Intel president Renee James, during a recent interview, told Digitimes that the company and its partners...
According to a recent IDC research note, the transition toward mobile and cloud-based computing is...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...