- 30 Jan 2012:
- 19 Jan 2012:
- 13 Jan 2012:
- 22 Dec 2011:
- 20 Dec 2011:AT&T says it has agreed with Deutsche Telekom to ends its bid to buy T-Mobile USA after facing fierce government objections.
- 19 Dec 2011:
- 15 Dec 2011:
- 12 Dec 2011:
- 9 Dec 2011:Sharp Corp. said Thursday it expects to sell more than 1 million large LCD TVs in North America in the business year to March, about five times more than last year as demand surges in the US market.
- 8 Dec 2011:Christmas-tree spending rises to highest since pre-recession (December 7) - Bloomberg (via Businessweek)"We expect strong tree sales this year and strong holiday sales overall," said Jean Niemi, a spokeswoman for Atlanta- based Home Depot Inc., the world's largest home-improvement retailer. "History shows us that even in a down economy, the Christmas tradition isn't one that families part with."
- 7 Dec 2011:
- 6 Dec 2011:
- 29 Nov 2011:China has launched a trade probe into US subsidies for renewable energy and is contemplating filing a case with the World Trade Organisation. The probe is the latest episode in the rapidly escalating trade dispute between the two countries that was sparked off by an anti-dumping petition from a group of US manufacturers last month.
- 28 Nov 2011:Doorbuster deals on LCD TVs drew crowds of Black Friday shoppers to big box stores on Thanksgiving evening.
- 23 Nov 2011:LCD TV prices will fall to their lowest levels of all time this Black Friday, as television manufacturers try to use bargains to revive struggling sales.
- Several China-based solar power companies are reporting lackluster earnings today.
- 22 Nov 2011:Samsung Electronics America, Inc., a market leader and award-winning innovator in consumer electronics and home appliances, today announced the availability of Samsung's first LED lighting solutions for the U.S. consumer market. Available through Lowe's, Samsung's initial product lineup for US households includes A19, PAR20/30/38 and MR16 bulbs--all designed to easily replace traditional incandescent, halogen and CFL bulbs throughout the home.
- 21 Nov 2011:
- 11 Nov 2011:SPI Solar sells US$42 million worth of solar panels to New Jersey developer (November 11) - The Sacramento BeeSPI Solar said it has sold $42 million worth of solar panels to a New Jersey solar energy developer.
- 10 Nov 2011:The United States and China are gearing up for a trade war that could catch American users of solar energy in the crossfire.
- Energy Conversion Devices Inc on Tuesday said it temporarily suspended manufacturing of its lightweight solar products, is cutting 500 jobs and has hired an advisory firm to help attract additional investment as it struggles to compete in the cutthroat solar power industry.
- California is on track to meet an ambitious goal of putting solar panels on up to 3 million Golden State homes by 2016, according to a new report by an environmental group.
- 9 Nov 2011:For decades the story of technology has been dominated, in the popular mind and to a large extent in reality, by computing and the things you can do with it.
- Chinese solar-equipment makers said tariffs sought by US competitors would make it harder to expand the use of renewable energy.
- 4 Nov 2011:SunPower Corp. and First Solar Inc., the two largest US solar manufacturers, will reorganize as falling prices and increased competition from China drive down sales.
- 3 Nov 2011:
- 2 Nov 2011:
- 31 Oct 2011:
- 28 Oct 2011:A massive new Westford solar-power plant heavily subsidized by state and federal aid is using the same kind of cut-rate Chinese solar panels that drove publicly backed Evergreen Solar and Solyndra out of business, drawing the ire of Massachusetts labor and business groups.
- 27 Oct 2011:Apple is planning to build a huge solar farm to augment the power supply of one of its dirtiest datacenter clusters.
- 26 Oct 2011:GOVERNMENT help for solar power was supposed to be a triple play: jobs at a time of dire short-term need; incubation of an American industry sure to be important on a global scale in the next few years; and a long-term reduction in climate-changing pollution.
- 21 Oct 2011:A Washington lobbying firm reported it did $20,000 of work for Solyndra LLC as the company approached bankruptcy, according to federal documents
- 20 Oct 2011:The US economy plodded on with "modest" growth in September the Federal Reserve reported on Wednesday, describing restrained hiring and a still-weak housing market
- A group of U.S. solar-panel makers Wednesday called on the federal government to punish Chinese rivals with extra duties for allegedly dumping their products on the U.S. market.
- Clientron announces PCoIP Zero Client availability for Amazon WorkSpaces
- Gigabyte Secret OC session unlocks 9 World Records
- The rise of new enter in touch industry, TOI introduce large size IC to the market
- Knowles Corporation celebrates 40th anniversary in Taiwan, showcasing multiple innovative solutions
- Advantest announces newest handler for testing advanced memory ICs
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: Verizon to ship three million own-brand tablets in 2015
- Digitimes Research: Lenovo mobile device shipments to lead Samsung by 9 million units in 2015
- Digitimes Research: iPad shipments to drop to 55 million units in 2015
- GamerGate block list bad for business as game devs, journalists and fried chicken linked to online harassment
- Will Xiaomi be a target for Foxconn's new collaboration with Innolux?
The move by Globalfoundries to acquire IBM's semiconductor business unit and to team up with Samsung...
The global wireless charging market is set for an explosive growth in 2015 as wireless charging applications...
NAND flash chip controller maker Phison Electronics has seen its sales grow robustly in 2014. And under...
With the global LED lighting application market taking off, and business opportunities emerging fast,...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...