- 5 Dec 2014:NDP MP who co-owns renewable energy business gets inside information on government green spending (Dec 3) - National PostA New Democrat MP who is president and co-owner of a renewable energy business has been using his parliamentary privilege to have the federal government document all of its spending on green energy since 2006.
- Canada's oil corporations have made a profitable mess of the country: it's time to put them under public, democratic control.
- Between 2009-2013, employment in Canada's clean energy sector increased by 37 percent - meaning it now supplies more jobs than the country's infamous tar sands, according to a new report.
- The fashionista is selling a solar-powered jacket so that you can keep your phone charged ... assuming, of course, that the sun is shining.
- 2 Dec 2014:Apple made the pledge. So did Google and Facebook. But Amazon stayed silent.
- 1 Dec 2014:A couple of years ago, the smart money was on wind. In 2012, 13 gigawatts worth of wind-powered electricity generation capacity was installed in the United States, enough to meet the needs of roughly three million homes.
- 25 Nov 2014:For the solar and wind industries in the United States, it has been a long-held dream: to produce energy at a cost equal to conventional sources like coal and natural gas.
- Here, instead of Jamba Juice you get Joshua trees. The only living things you might bump into are bighorn sheep and cottontail rabbits, and, once the sun sets, every star in the sky pops with laser clarity.
- 18 Nov 2014:Now that voters have cleaned house, will the new Congress make sweeping changes to the subsidies given to energy companies?
- Nanotechnology could dramatically improve energy storage for electronics, cars, and buildings.
- 7 Nov 2014:While our policymakers in Washington, D.C., may think that energy has become an overly partisan issue, voters across the nation broadly support many energy-related measures.
- Utility Southern California Edison announced that it will acquire 2200 megawatts (MW) of new power generation assets, of which 250 MW will be energy storage systems.
- 6 Nov 2014:Next year's GOP-controlled Senate is expected to come out strongly against President Barack Obama 's most consequential energy and environment policies.
- Germany is home to solar-powered football stadiums and funfairs but the country's renewable energy future still faces obstacles.
- 4 Nov 2014:It seems that it is not just towns in New South Wales that are looking to meet all their own electricity needs with renewable energy - a small township in Victoria is also looking to become 100% renewable within a decade.
- 31 Oct 2014:If you live in Louisiana, you likely use more than twice as much electricity as the average New Yorker does each month.
- We started by developing and building a small portfolio of 10MW to prove our investment thesis. Now we are working on a portfolio of 400MW - that's enough power to supply roughly 125,000 average US homes, and in a couple of years we expect to grow our portfolio large enough to generate power for the equivalent of a third of Manhattan.
- 28 Oct 2014:Developing countries begin to take lead in green energy growth (Oct 28) - Financial Times (USE The Financial Times)The growth rate of wind farms and solar plants in China, India and an array of smaller developing countries is starting to outpace that in many of the world's richest nations.
- The Australian government has never hidden its scepticism about climate change or renewable energy but its decision last week to cut support for cleaner energy sources still left the renewable energy industry reeling.
- 24 Oct 2014:REC Solar ASA to supply for PV panels totaling 300 MW to Recurrent Energy for projects in California (Oct 24) - Solar ServerREC Group (Oslo, Norway) has closed two supply agreements with Recurrent Energy, LLC (San Francisco, California, U.S.).
- 21 Oct 2014:Review to be conducted before December as Coalition attempts to broker deal on winding back of renewable energy target.
- 14 Oct 2014:Taiwan's biggest solar wafer maker by capacity, Green Energy Technology, is in talks to manage a competitor's plants as part of industry consolidation spurred by global oversupply.
- 3 Oct 2014:Expensive green energy a 'bad gamble' as ministers slash gas price forecasts (Oct 2) - telegraph.com.uk (USE Daily Telegraph (UK))Ministers cut forecasts of gas prices for the rest of the decade by as much as a fifth, meaning green energy will remain relatively far more costly
- A European Union deal to cut fuel use and increase renewable energy would be a better punishment on Moscow than more sanctions as it would clearly show the EU means to cut reliance on Russian gas, Denmark's foreign minister said on Thursday.
- 30 Sep 2014:The clean energy sector in India will be one of the first sectors that would benefit during Prime Minister Narendra Modi's US trip. The sector awaits investments worth about $1 billion from US companies.
- Companies propose US$8 billion green-energy project for California (Sep 23) - The Wall Street JournalFour energy companies are teaming up on an $8-billion effort to ship electric power produced in Wyoming all the way to Southern California via transmission lines, with the help of a novel energy-storage and generation system to be built in Utah.
- Solar photovoltaic (PV) panels constitute the fastest growing renewable energy technology in the world since 2000. Global capacity has exploded from 1.5 gigawatts at the turn of the century to 136 gigawatts currently
- 23 Sep 2014:Abengoa, a Spanish energy and environment company, plans to issue its first green bond to raise 500 million euros (US$642 million) to finance projects.
- If you're in any way familiar with the history of energy, then the name Rockefeller is synonymous with oil. That's why it's such a surprise to learn that the Rockefeller Brothers fund, worth $860 million, has pledged to dump its remaining investments in fossil fuel production over the next five years.
- It's easy to declare Germany's ambitious policy of moving to clean energy from fossil fuels, while at the same time abandoning nuclear power, a failure.
- 19 Sep 2014:Sun-splashed, wind-swept Jamaica positioned itself Thursday to nearly double the amount of electricity it generates from renewable sources.
- India will get $100-billion investment in renewable energy in the next five years and become a world leader in the sector.
- According to recent report from Citi Research, renewables will continue their market share grabs from coal and gas for two reasons.
- Germany has launched what it claims is Europe's first and largest commercial battery plant, which will help to store renewable power sources.
- 12 Sep 2014:One day this summer a tugboat called Thor Goliath left Norway and made its way to the blustery west coast of Scotland. It was towing a pair of black plastic pipes, each as thick as a tree trunk and 620m long - the length of more than a dozen Olympic swimming pools laid end to end.
- 9 Sep 2014:Vladimir Putin has a death grip around Europe's neck, and he could deliver the final squeeze at any moment.
- A vote for independence in Scotland may halt work on renewable power projects that support 14 billion pounds ($23 billion) of investment and 12,000 jobs by raising questions about how developers would get subsidies, an energy supplier said.
- German businesses grapple with green energy costs (Sep 7) - Financial Times (USE The Financial Times)Power prices paid by Germany's Mittelstand companies have reached twice the level facing some of their US rivals, underlining the threat posed to the country's competitiveness by its shift to renewable energy.
- 22 Aug 2014:The solar industry is facing a looming shortage of photovoltaic panels, reversing a two-year slump triggered by a global glut, Bloomberg reports.
- SolarWorld is recalling approximately 1.3 million solar panel systems in the U.S. and 210,000 in Canada because of a possible electric shock, electrocution or fire hazard.
- Heraeus introduces new series of PERC Metallization Pastes at PV Taiwan International Photovoltaic Exhibition
- Heraeus confidently looking to next phase of legal proceedings in Taiwan patent dispute
- Accumulating comprehensive smart living achievements, Tatung is devoted to building smart green communities
- Tatung stands out at 2016 Smart City Summit & Expo with its three top Smart Living accomplishments
- BIG SUN iPV Solar Tracker provides high reliability and high profit
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
The US government is reviewing anti-dumping tariffs imposed on China and Taiwan solar firms since December 2014.
The 2015 Photonics Festival in Taiwan is taking place in Taipei during June 16-18, with more than 500 exhibitors showcasing the latest optoelectronics...
Big firms from other sectors are also playing the PV game
The solar energy market is recovering.
Taiwan-based crystalline silicon solar cell makers have been impacted by the US imposing an average...
Digitimes recently interviewed Bert Gyselinckx, general manager of the Holst Centre in Eindhoven, to...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
GaAs solar material maker Alta Devices boasts solar cells with an efficiency of 28.8%, but perhaps...