- 4 Nov 2014:It seems that it is not just towns in New South Wales that are looking to meet all their own electricity needs with renewable energy - a small township in Victoria is also looking to become 100% renewable within a decade.
- 31 Oct 2014:If you live in Louisiana, you likely use more than twice as much electricity as the average New Yorker does each month.
- We started by developing and building a small portfolio of 10MW to prove our investment thesis. Now we are working on a portfolio of 400MW - that's enough power to supply roughly 125,000 average US homes, and in a couple of years we expect to grow our portfolio large enough to generate power for the equivalent of a third of Manhattan.
- 28 Oct 2014:Developing countries begin to take lead in green energy growth (Oct 28) - Financial Times (USE The Financial Times)The growth rate of wind farms and solar plants in China, India and an array of smaller developing countries is starting to outpace that in many of the world's richest nations.
- The Australian government has never hidden its scepticism about climate change or renewable energy but its decision last week to cut support for cleaner energy sources still left the renewable energy industry reeling.
- 24 Oct 2014:REC Solar ASA to supply for PV panels totaling 300 MW to Recurrent Energy for projects in California (Oct 24) - Solar ServerREC Group (Oslo, Norway) has closed two supply agreements with Recurrent Energy, LLC (San Francisco, California, U.S.).
- 21 Oct 2014:Review to be conducted before December as Coalition attempts to broker deal on winding back of renewable energy target.
- 14 Oct 2014:Taiwan's biggest solar wafer maker by capacity, Green Energy Technology, is in talks to manage a competitor's plants as part of industry consolidation spurred by global oversupply.
- 3 Oct 2014:Expensive green energy a 'bad gamble' as ministers slash gas price forecasts (Oct 2) - telegraph.com.uk (USE Daily Telegraph (UK))Ministers cut forecasts of gas prices for the rest of the decade by as much as a fifth, meaning green energy will remain relatively far more costly
- A European Union deal to cut fuel use and increase renewable energy would be a better punishment on Moscow than more sanctions as it would clearly show the EU means to cut reliance on Russian gas, Denmark's foreign minister said on Thursday.
- 30 Sep 2014:The clean energy sector in India will be one of the first sectors that would benefit during Prime Minister Narendra Modi's US trip. The sector awaits investments worth about $1 billion from US companies.
- Companies propose US$8 billion green-energy project for California (Sep 23) - The Wall Street JournalFour energy companies are teaming up on an $8-billion effort to ship electric power produced in Wyoming all the way to Southern California via transmission lines, with the help of a novel energy-storage and generation system to be built in Utah.
- Solar photovoltaic (PV) panels constitute the fastest growing renewable energy technology in the world since 2000. Global capacity has exploded from 1.5 gigawatts at the turn of the century to 136 gigawatts currently
- 23 Sep 2014:Abengoa, a Spanish energy and environment company, plans to issue its first green bond to raise 500 million euros (US$642 million) to finance projects.
- If you're in any way familiar with the history of energy, then the name Rockefeller is synonymous with oil. That's why it's such a surprise to learn that the Rockefeller Brothers fund, worth $860 million, has pledged to dump its remaining investments in fossil fuel production over the next five years.
- It's easy to declare Germany's ambitious policy of moving to clean energy from fossil fuels, while at the same time abandoning nuclear power, a failure.
- 19 Sep 2014:Sun-splashed, wind-swept Jamaica positioned itself Thursday to nearly double the amount of electricity it generates from renewable sources.
- India will get $100-billion investment in renewable energy in the next five years and become a world leader in the sector.
- According to recent report from Citi Research, renewables will continue their market share grabs from coal and gas for two reasons.
- Germany has launched what it claims is Europe's first and largest commercial battery plant, which will help to store renewable power sources.
- 12 Sep 2014:One day this summer a tugboat called Thor Goliath left Norway and made its way to the blustery west coast of Scotland. It was towing a pair of black plastic pipes, each as thick as a tree trunk and 620m long - the length of more than a dozen Olympic swimming pools laid end to end.
- 9 Sep 2014:Vladimir Putin has a death grip around Europe's neck, and he could deliver the final squeeze at any moment.
- A vote for independence in Scotland may halt work on renewable power projects that support 14 billion pounds ($23 billion) of investment and 12,000 jobs by raising questions about how developers would get subsidies, an energy supplier said.
- German businesses grapple with green energy costs (Sep 7) - Financial Times (USE The Financial Times)Power prices paid by Germany's Mittelstand companies have reached twice the level facing some of their US rivals, underlining the threat posed to the country's competitiveness by its shift to renewable energy.
- 22 Aug 2014:The solar industry is facing a looming shortage of photovoltaic panels, reversing a two-year slump triggered by a global glut, Bloomberg reports.
- SolarWorld is recalling approximately 1.3 million solar panel systems in the U.S. and 210,000 in Canada because of a possible electric shock, electrocution or fire hazard.
- 28 Jul 2014:China warns US solar anti-dumping duties will damage trade relations (Jul 28) - International Bussiness TimesChina has condemned the US move to impose sky-high anti-dumping duties on solar imports, saying the action would strain the trade relations between the countries further.
- 25 Jul 2014:Sharp is pulling out of its Italian solar venture, the Japanese company's last overseas panel manufacturing plant, in a further reorganization of its solar business.
- 22 Jul 2014:For instance, South Australia nominally has two coal-fired power stations, several gas-fired ones, and at least 15 operating wind farms.
- Germany has been rapidly increasing its green energy production but hasn't gotten the results it planned.
- 15 Jul 2014:In April of this year, Google GOOGL +1.3% announced that it had contracted for that much renewable energy over the course of seven different purchase agreements since 2011.
- Harvesting energy from humidity: Free, green energy from leaping water droplets (July 14) - ExtremeTechPostdoc researchers Nenad Miljkovic and engineering professor Evelyn Wang figured out last year that water droplets jumping off a hydrophobic surface could gain an electric charge, but now they're worked out how to capture that energy, essentially pulling power out of thin air.
- 9 Jul 2014:Tata Power & Reliance Power bet big on renewable energy, to spend Rs 1,500 cr each (July 8) - Economic TimesTwo of the country's largest power producers Tata PowerBSE -1.52 % and Reliance PowerBSE -1.14 % are betting big on renewable energy and will spend about Rs 1,500 crore each on clean energy projects this fiscal.
- According to the federal U.S. Energy Information Administration, a whopping 67 percent of our electricity comes from fossil fuel sources, including 39 percent from coal. Conversely, renewable energy makes up a measly 13 percent, with hydropower taking the major lead.
- 3 Jul 2014:Sweden's renewable energy support scheme is compatible with European Union law, the EU's top court said on Tuesday, in a ruling that means member states will avoid a radical overhaul of their renewable energy laws.
- Real energy independence is freeing ourselves from the addiction to the fossil fuels which are destroying our environment and leaving our economy a hostage to events beyond our borders.
- 30 Jun 2014:The country is currently experiencing a glut of energy, thanks to the recent openings of new coal power stations (which were commissioned back when electricity was in short supply) as well as record levels of renewable generation -- especially solar.
- Annual bill for consumers to subsidise renewable technologies has soared to more than £2.5bn as more plants are built and the cost for each unit of electricity rises.
- 27 Jun 2014:Germany proposes higher green-energy surcharge on industrial companies (June 24) - The Wall Street JournalGermany on Tuesday proposed that industrial companies generating their own electricity pay a higher surcharge than previously planned, as the country seeks to keep costs for renewable energy under control and overcome objections from the European Commission.
- BIG SUN iPV Solar Tracker provides high reliability and high profit
- BIG SUN and SAS sign iPV Solar Tracker exclusive distribution agreement for Germany and Italy
- Brand new fuel cell ferry in full service
- Armed with strong system integration capabilities, Tatung launches smart green building solutions
- Heraeus Photovoltaics consolidates research and development in US
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
The 2015 Photonics Festival in Taiwan is taking place in Taipei during June 16-18, with more than 500 exhibitors showcasing the latest optoelectronics...
Big firms from other sectors are also playing the PV game
The solar energy market is recovering.
Latest developments in PV pricing.
Taiwan-based crystalline silicon solar cell makers have been impacted by the US imposing an average...
Digitimes recently interviewed Bert Gyselinckx, general manager of the Holst Centre in Eindhoven, to...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
GaAs solar material maker Alta Devices boasts solar cells with an efficiency of 28.8%, but perhaps...