- 26 May 2014:For incoming Prime Minister Narendra Modi, securing India's energy needs over the next decade ranks among his greatest challenges and one that will likely see him both compete and cooperate with China, the United States and Russia.
- 23 May 2014:The Narendra Modi government is likely to harness solar power and give a fillip to development of offshore wind energy so as to provide electricity to every household in the near future, industry officials said today.
- 20 May 2014:
- India's new government led by Narendra Modi plans to harness solar power to enable every home to run at least one light bulb by 2019, a party official said.
- I interviewed Harry Forbes about whether it makes sense for companies with warehouses to invest in solar energy. Harry is a colleague at the ARC Advisory Group and is our expert on electric power, renewable energy, and energy management. I spoke with him about the prospects for solar energy as applied to warehouses.
- 13 May 2014:Shares in Japanese electronics maker Sharp rose as much as 7.7% to 279 yen on the Tokyo Stock Exchange on Tuesday after it swung back to profit.
- 6 May 2014:Britain has already approved enough renewable energy projects to hit its EU targets, rendering all 1,000 projects still in the planning system surplus to requirements, new analysis claims.
- 21 Apr 2014:
- 17 Apr 2014:
- 15 Apr 2014:Stop investing in dirty fossil fuels and rapidly shift to renewable energy to prevent dangerous climate change - this was the message from Sunday's long-awaited UN report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
- Abengoa Solar: Obama's green energy projects fail, even when they are successful (April 15) - Daily CallerAfter a public meeting on Tuesday, April 15 in Palm Desert, California, the California Energy Commission (CEC) will vote, on Wednesday, in Sacramento on whether or not to re-permit a 500-megawatt solar thermal project that has been on hold since December.
- 14 Apr 2014:A long-awaited UN report on how to curb climate change says the world must rapidly move away from carbon-intensive fuels.
- 8 Apr 2014:The United Nations Environment Programme has today unveiled a major report on global green energy investment for 2013 - BusinessGreen highlights its key findings.
- Renewable energy is generating a greater share of the world's electricity than ever before, as costs fall and profitability rises, according to a report released Monday.
- 25 Mar 2014:German company gives boost to offshore wind industry with £160m investment.
- Super tough trees will grow in Moroccan Desert to produce green energy (Mar 23) - International Bussiness TimesA biotech company has invented a new hybrid tree that grows at record speed on barren land, and can be used to create clean energy.
- 18 Mar 2014:Germany's energy policy is expensive, harmful and short-sighted (March 16) - Financial Times (via MSNBC)Berlin is failing the poor while protecting neither security nor the climate, writes Bjorn Lomborg.
- Yingli Green Energy will release its quarterly report on Tuesday, and investors hope that the Chinese solar company can follow in the footsteps of peers Trina Solar and JinkoSolar in topping its expectations.
- 14 Mar 2014:Calif. green energy fails to fill void left by closed nuclear plant; regulators seek new options (Mar 13) - Washington PostCalifornia regulators Thursday approved a plan for two utilities to develop replacement power to help fill the void left by the closure of the San Onofre nuclear power plant, but environmentalists warned it could open the way for more dirty energy.
- 11 Mar 2014:Europe could save ??60bn in avoided fuel import costs, if it ramped up its 2030 renewable energy target by just three percentage points, according to a new industry analysis that urges member states to strengthen the EU's proposed new climate package.
- Oregon's deep blue sea is poised to be a new testing ground for green energy, as advanced technology has entrepreneurs lining up to try to harness the Pacific's wind and waves.
- 7 Mar 2014:A commission of experts appointed by the German parliament has recommended Chancellor Angela Merkel's government to abolish all subsidies for green energy, highlighting mounting opposition to plans to reform instead of scrap the system.
- What's happening in Kansas could be happening in your state. It's not completely clear that the efforts to rollback the statewide renewable energy requirements there - and in 16 other states - will succeed. But it is obvious that, nationally, the tax preference given to renewables is fading.
- 4 Mar 2014:Amtech Systems, a supplier of production and automation systems and related supplies for the manufacture of solar cells, semiconductors, and sapphire and silicon wafers, has received approximately US$10 million in new solar orders.
- Deal will make TSMC Solar's 'CIGS' modules available across North America.
- 27 Feb 2014:In 1979, when Richard Branson bought the 74-acre Necker Island in the British Virgin Islands, he paid less than $300,000.
- Did you hear that a barge leaked 31,500 gallons of crude oil into the Mississippi River over the weekend? When the tanker collided with a tugboat, the resulting spill caused 65 miles of the river to be shut down for two days as New Orleans Port traffic ground to a halt and drinking water intakes were closed.
- 28 Jan 2014:Yingli Green Energy (YGE_) and Trina Solar (TSL_) jumped Monday following a report that China is not reducing its solar energy goal for 2014.
- 24 Jan 2014:Chancellor Angela Merkel on Wednesday urged her cabinet to stop bickering and join her in backing Energy Minister Sigmar Gabriel's plan to reduce financial support for renewable energy when the ministers discuss policies for the coming year at a closed-door meeting.
- 21 Jan 2014:New approach developed at MIT could generate power from sunlight efficiently and on demand.
- Germany's clean-energy industry said government plans to accelerate cuts in aid to operators of wind and solar-power plants threaten to derail the country's transition to renewable sources.
- 17 Jan 2014:UN Climate Chief Christian Figueres urges investors to adopt renewable energy technologies (Jan 15) - Huffington PostThe U.N. climate chief urged investors Wednesday to move out of high-carbon assets like oil and coal and into assets promoting renewable energy, greater energy efficiency and more sustainable ways of doing business.
- Billionaire bankers gathered at the United Nations yesterday to call for more investment in renewable energy -- $1 trillion a year, to be exact.
- 16 Jan 2014:Acknowledging that the boom is creating jobs and decreasing the need for oil imports, the boom could also lead to increasing instability in some U.S. allies, cause some African nations and Russia to strengthen ties with China, and provoke the Chinese and Russians to become more aggressive.
- The decline in investment in renewable energy accelerated in 2013 as the cost of solar panels and wind farms fell, unsettling investor confidence in alternatives to fossil fuels.
- 10 Jan 2014:Separating Myth From Fact on CFL and LED Light Bulbs: Five Concerns Addressed (Jan 8) - National GeographicA recent post on the U.S. phase-out of 40- and 60-watt low-efficiency incandescent light bulbs, which became official January 1, elicited a lot of response from readers.
- Ask the experts: How can investors benefit from the boom in "clean" ways to generate electricity? We look at the options.
- Australia now has 2 million small-scale renewable energy installations, says the Clean Energy Regulator, the government agency that oversees Australia's renewable energy targets.
- 7 Jan 2014:But not even Mr. Musk, the billionaire behind the Tesla electric car, could have foreseen the solar power craze that is sweeping Wall Street. He and his cousins Peter and Lyndon Rive are riding a wave of exuberance over the industry and their young business, SolarCity.
- 18 Dec 2013:Electronics giant Sharp is ceasing solar panel production at its Wrexham factory with the loss of hundreds of jobs.
- BIG SUN and SAS sign iPV Solar Tracker exclusive distribution agreement for Germany and Italy
- Brand new fuel cell ferry in full service
- Armed with strong system integration capabilities, Tatung launches smart green building solutions
- Heraeus Photovoltaics consolidates research and development in US
- Heraeus Photovoltaics features SOL9620 Series and the SOL9621 Series at Intersolar N.A. 2014
The 2015 Photonics Festival in Taiwan is taking place in Taipei during June 16-18, with more than 500 exhibitors showcasing the latest optoelectronics...
Big firms from other sectors are also playing the PV game
The solar energy market is recovering.
Latest developments in PV pricing.
Taiwan-based crystalline silicon solar cell makers have been impacted by the US imposing an average...
Digitimes recently interviewed Bert Gyselinckx, general manager of the Holst Centre in Eindhoven, to...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
GaAs solar material maker Alta Devices boasts solar cells with an efficiency of 28.8%, but perhaps...