- 18 Dec 2014:It has been a near-magical tool allowing corporations to claim massive reductions in greenhouse gas emissions for very little cost.
- 17 Dec 2014:The nation's largest biodiesel producer ended the third quarter with $128.6 million in cash (more than it started with), over $1 billion in total assets, and a fair book value just north of $16 per share (compared to current share prices under $10).
- 11 Dec 2014:Ram Power is a geothermal developer. Like many geothermal developers before it (Remember Nevada Geothermal?), the company had been overly optimistic about the potential of its geothermal resources.
- Was green energy just a fad? With cheap oil, Americans buy gas guzzlers again (Dec 10) - The GuardianOil is down to $2.67 a gallon, so Americans are buying a lot more SUVs and pickup trucks. Are US drivers giving up on renewable energy while gas prices are low?
- 9 Dec 2014:Suddenly cheap oil prices may spur economic re-calculations across the board, but many analysts are sticking with a still-sunny outlook for renewable energy take up.
- 5 Dec 2014:Germany's US$132 billion green energy lead is fortified by EON's split with fossil fuels (Dec 2) - BloombergEON SE (EOAN)'s plan to spin off its fossil-fuel plants marks a watershed moment in Germany's renewables effort that will likely bolster the country's already leading position in clean energy.
- NDP MP who co-owns renewable energy business gets inside information on government green spending (Dec 3) - National PostA New Democrat MP who is president and co-owner of a renewable energy business has been using his parliamentary privilege to have the federal government document all of its spending on green energy since 2006.
- Canada's oil corporations have made a profitable mess of the country: it's time to put them under public, democratic control.
- Between 2009-2013, employment in Canada's clean energy sector increased by 37 percent - meaning it now supplies more jobs than the country's infamous tar sands, according to a new report.
- The fashionista is selling a solar-powered jacket so that you can keep your phone charged ... assuming, of course, that the sun is shining.
- 2 Dec 2014:Apple made the pledge. So did Google and Facebook. But Amazon stayed silent.
- 1 Dec 2014:A couple of years ago, the smart money was on wind. In 2012, 13 gigawatts worth of wind-powered electricity generation capacity was installed in the United States, enough to meet the needs of roughly three million homes.
- 25 Nov 2014:For the solar and wind industries in the United States, it has been a long-held dream: to produce energy at a cost equal to conventional sources like coal and natural gas.
- Here, instead of Jamba Juice you get Joshua trees. The only living things you might bump into are bighorn sheep and cottontail rabbits, and, once the sun sets, every star in the sky pops with laser clarity.
- 18 Nov 2014:Now that voters have cleaned house, will the new Congress make sweeping changes to the subsidies given to energy companies?
- Nanotechnology could dramatically improve energy storage for electronics, cars, and buildings.
- 7 Nov 2014:While our policymakers in Washington, D.C., may think that energy has become an overly partisan issue, voters across the nation broadly support many energy-related measures.
- Utility Southern California Edison announced that it will acquire 2200 megawatts (MW) of new power generation assets, of which 250 MW will be energy storage systems.
- 6 Nov 2014:Next year's GOP-controlled Senate is expected to come out strongly against President Barack Obama 's most consequential energy and environment policies.
- Germany is home to solar-powered football stadiums and funfairs but the country's renewable energy future still faces obstacles.
- 4 Nov 2014:It seems that it is not just towns in New South Wales that are looking to meet all their own electricity needs with renewable energy - a small township in Victoria is also looking to become 100% renewable within a decade.
- 31 Oct 2014:If you live in Louisiana, you likely use more than twice as much electricity as the average New Yorker does each month.
- We started by developing and building a small portfolio of 10MW to prove our investment thesis. Now we are working on a portfolio of 400MW - that's enough power to supply roughly 125,000 average US homes, and in a couple of years we expect to grow our portfolio large enough to generate power for the equivalent of a third of Manhattan.
- 28 Oct 2014:Developing countries begin to take lead in green energy growth (Oct 28) - Financial Times (USE The Financial Times)The growth rate of wind farms and solar plants in China, India and an array of smaller developing countries is starting to outpace that in many of the world's richest nations.
- The Australian government has never hidden its scepticism about climate change or renewable energy but its decision last week to cut support for cleaner energy sources still left the renewable energy industry reeling.
- 24 Oct 2014:REC Solar ASA to supply for PV panels totaling 300 MW to Recurrent Energy for projects in California (Oct 24) - Solar ServerREC Group (Oslo, Norway) has closed two supply agreements with Recurrent Energy, LLC (San Francisco, California, U.S.).
- 21 Oct 2014:Review to be conducted before December as Coalition attempts to broker deal on winding back of renewable energy target.
- 14 Oct 2014:Taiwan's biggest solar wafer maker by capacity, Green Energy Technology, is in talks to manage a competitor's plants as part of industry consolidation spurred by global oversupply.
- 3 Oct 2014:Expensive green energy a 'bad gamble' as ministers slash gas price forecasts (Oct 2) - telegraph.com.uk (USE Daily Telegraph (UK))Ministers cut forecasts of gas prices for the rest of the decade by as much as a fifth, meaning green energy will remain relatively far more costly
- A European Union deal to cut fuel use and increase renewable energy would be a better punishment on Moscow than more sanctions as it would clearly show the EU means to cut reliance on Russian gas, Denmark's foreign minister said on Thursday.
- 30 Sep 2014:The clean energy sector in India will be one of the first sectors that would benefit during Prime Minister Narendra Modi's US trip. The sector awaits investments worth about $1 billion from US companies.
- Companies propose US$8 billion green-energy project for California (Sep 23) - The Wall Street JournalFour energy companies are teaming up on an $8-billion effort to ship electric power produced in Wyoming all the way to Southern California via transmission lines, with the help of a novel energy-storage and generation system to be built in Utah.
- Solar photovoltaic (PV) panels constitute the fastest growing renewable energy technology in the world since 2000. Global capacity has exploded from 1.5 gigawatts at the turn of the century to 136 gigawatts currently
- 23 Sep 2014:Abengoa, a Spanish energy and environment company, plans to issue its first green bond to raise 500 million euros (US$642 million) to finance projects.
- If you're in any way familiar with the history of energy, then the name Rockefeller is synonymous with oil. That's why it's such a surprise to learn that the Rockefeller Brothers fund, worth $860 million, has pledged to dump its remaining investments in fossil fuel production over the next five years.
- It's easy to declare Germany's ambitious policy of moving to clean energy from fossil fuels, while at the same time abandoning nuclear power, a failure.
- 19 Sep 2014:Sun-splashed, wind-swept Jamaica positioned itself Thursday to nearly double the amount of electricity it generates from renewable sources.
- India will get $100-billion investment in renewable energy in the next five years and become a world leader in the sector.
- According to recent report from Citi Research, renewables will continue their market share grabs from coal and gas for two reasons.
- Germany has launched what it claims is Europe's first and largest commercial battery plant, which will help to store renewable power sources.
- YC SYNERGY launches gen 4 automotive fuel cell module
- Heraeus Introduces New Series of Pastes as Solar Market Accelerates Moving to PERC Technology
- Heraeus introduces new series of PERC Metallization Pastes at PV Taiwan International Photovoltaic Exhibition
- Heraeus confidently looking to next phase of legal proceedings in Taiwan patent dispute
- Accumulating comprehensive smart living achievements, Tatung is devoted to building smart green communities
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
Demand for PERC solar cells is rising.
China has announced the PV feed-in tariffs for 2017.
Taiwan and China solar firms face antitrust tariffs in the US and Europe.
The 2015 Photonics Festival in Taiwan is taking place in Taipei during June 16-18, with more than 500 exhibitors showcasing the latest optoelectronics...
Taiwan-based crystalline silicon solar cell makers have been impacted by the US imposing an average...
Digitimes recently interviewed Bert Gyselinckx, general manager of the Holst Centre in Eindhoven, to...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
GaAs solar material maker Alta Devices boasts solar cells with an efficiency of 28.8%, but perhaps...