- 31 Jan 2012:The US Department of Commerce said Monday that a late-2011 surge in Chinese solar-panel imports could affect the agency's pending decision on a dumping complaint filed by SolarWorld AG .
- 20 Jan 2012:
- 9 Jan 2012:
- 6 Jan 2012:
- 28 Dec 2011:First Solar Inc., the maker of thin-film solar panels that cut jobs and lowered its profit forecast this month, has won government aid while cultivating political relationships from California to the White House.
- 23 Dec 2011:
- 22 Dec 2011:German solar-power developer Solar Millennium AG said Wednesday it has filed for insolvency after it was unable to sell four US solar-power projects, in the second such filing by a German solar firm in a week.
- BP has taken the axe to its solar power business, saying it "can't make any money" from selling panels at a time when it continues to spend US$20bn annually on oil and gas developments.
- 19 Dec 2011:
- 14 Dec 2011:Installations of solar panels worldwide this year are likely to rise more than one-third over 2010, according to a study released Tuesday.
- 12 Dec 2011:
- 9 Dec 2011:
- 7 Dec 2011:
- 28 Nov 2011:For established manufacturers of solar panels, this has proved a difficult year, in the face of falling demand and a wave of cheap imports from China.
- 18 Nov 2011:
- China Sunergy swings to 3Q loss on negative margins, cuts shipment view (November 17) - Wall Street JournalChina Sunergy Co. (CSUN) swung to a third-quarter loss despite a jump in sales as the Chinese solar-products maker saw its margins plunge into negative territory amid falling solar panel prices.
- 15 Nov 2011:Germany's largest module manufacturer, SolarWorld reported weakening financial conditions in the third quarter. Shipments and revenue remained flat with the second quarter but margins declined as weak demand and declining prices impacted results.
- 11 Nov 2011:The cost of solar cells and microchips has nowhere to go but down because of a supply glut for the commodity they're made from, a brittle charcoal-colored semiconductor baked in ovens at 600 degrees centigrade.
- SPI Solar sells US$42 million worth of solar panels to New Jersey developer (November 11) - The Sacramento BeeSPI Solar said it has sold $42 million worth of solar panels to a New Jersey solar energy developer.
- 10 Nov 2011:Energy Conversion Devices Inc on Tuesday said it temporarily suspended manufacturing of its lightweight solar products, is cutting 500 jobs and has hired an advisory firm to help attract additional investment as it struggles to compete in the cutthroat solar power industry.
- California is on track to meet an ambitious goal of putting solar panels on up to 3 million Golden State homes by 2016, according to a new report by an environmental group.
- The Commerce Department said on Wednesday it would investigate whether Chinese companies sell solar panels in the United States at unfair discounts and receive illegal government subsidies.
- REC enters emerging Indian solar market supplying 5MW solar plant in Rajasthan (November 9) - Company releaseREC modules were selected for a 5MW module solar power plant developed by Kanoria Chemicals & Industries Limited ("KCI") which is among the first projects to benefit from the Renewable Energy Certificate Mechanism in India.
- 9 Nov 2011:ReneSola trims 3Q revenue, shipments guidance; sees quarterly loss (November 7) - Wall Street JournalReneSola Ltd. reined in its guidance for third-quarter revenue and shipments, while noting it expects to post a loss for the period due to continued weak demand and industry oversupply.
- Chinese solar-equipment makers said tariffs sought by US competitors would make it harder to expand the use of renewable energy.
- 8 Nov 2011:Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. and Renesola Ltd., two Chinese solar companies, reduced their forecasts for shipments and cut the estimated values of their inventories.
- 7 Nov 2011:
- 4 Nov 2011:SunPower Corp. and First Solar Inc., the two largest US solar manufacturers, will reorganize as falling prices and increased competition from China drive down sales.
- 3 Nov 2011:
- The solar power system Facebook Inc. plans for its new Menlo Park headquarters won't just supply electricity. It'll heat water for the showers, too. And maybe help clean dishes in the cafe.
- 2 Nov 2011:
- 1 Nov 2011:The UK government has launched a consultation paper, which is proposing further, significant photovoltaic feed-in tariff (FIT) cuts for systems registered on or after December 12, 2011.
- 31 Oct 2011:
- 28 Oct 2011:A massive new Westford solar-power plant heavily subsidized by state and federal aid is using the same kind of cut-rate Chinese solar panels that drove publicly backed Evergreen Solar and Solyndra out of business, drawing the ire of Massachusetts labor and business groups.
- Greece will use future revenue from the country's ?�Helios' solar energy project to cut debt by as much as 15 billion euros ($21 billion), euro-area leaders said.
- Digitimes Research:Top-5 Wintel notebook vendors see combined shipments down in April
- Digitimes Research: Wi-SUN widely used in Japan, but internationalization faces problems
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan smartphone shipments set to decline in 2Q16
- Digitimes Research: Korea LCD driver IC vendor Silicon Works sees revenues hit record high in 2015
- Industry's First Universal Stylus Demonstration Planned for COMPUTEX 2016
- UMC Holds 2016 Japan Technology Forum
- Accumulating comprehensive smart living achievements, Tatung is devoted to building smart green communities
- AVerMedia Mini-PCIe Frame Grabber Solutions on NVIDIA Tegra K1 Platform
- QSAN introduces XCubeSAN XS5200 series and XCubeDAS XD5300 series at Computex 2016
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
Dassault Systemes, a European multinational software company that develops 3D design, 3D engineering,...
Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang has been outspoken with his predictions about future technologies and products,...
During a Digitimes interview, Global Sales and Operations senior vice president B.S. Teh for Seagate...
At this point most consumers are not that familiar with the USB Type C specification but it has the...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...