- 16 Jul 2010:Switching platforms is not as simple as just picking a new smartphone. Companies have entire infrastructures built around BlackBerry, and managing BlackBerry devices through the BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES). The IT staff understands how to configure, troubleshoot, and support the BlackBerry environment. The users are comfortable with the BlackBerry culture. They are familiar with BlackBerry conventions and BlackBerry apps, and they understand how to navigate the BlackBerry interface to maximize efficiency and productivity.
- 15 Jul 2010:ChangeWave conducted a survey between June 14-24 and found that 16.4% of those surveyed were planning to buy a smartphone within the next 90 days,the largest percentage increase since 14.4% planned to buy an smartphone in June 2009. And 52% of prospective buyers said they would purchase an iPhone.
- 12 Jul 2010:The rumored RIM tablet may have a 7-inch screen, a 1GHz processor and dual cameras.
- 30 Jun 2010:Cisco announcedthat in 2011 it will be launching an Android-based tablet, named the Cius, aimed squarely at the business market.
- 25 Jun 2010:BlackBerry maker Research In Motion on Thursday posted a 20% increase in first-quarter profit, but sales and handset shipments fell below Wall Street's forecast.
- 23 Jun 2010:It's taken eight years, but the Black-Berry is finally widely available in China, although one of its key functions isn't.
- 15 Jun 2010:
- 14 Jun 2010:The industry sees the N8 as an attempt by Nokia to win back customers moving on to a host of phones from Taiwan's HTC - whose phones are based on Android systems - Apple's iPhone 4, and Blackberry.
- 27 May 2010:There are signs Apple's trendy iPhone is making inroads into boardrooms and offices.
- 13 May 2010:For Research in Motion, the maker of the popular BlackBerry smartphone, staying No. 1 isn't about apps or fancy hardware, it's about cost effectiveness.
- 28 Apr 2010:Although Apple and the iPhone get all the attention in the mobile market, it's still RIM and its ubiquitous BlackBerry smartphones that reign supreme in the corporate world.
- 26 Apr 2010:
- 14 Apr 2010:
- 12 Apr 2010:
- 9 Apr 2010:
- 1 Apr 2010:Research in Motion posted a fiscal fourth-quarter profit and revenue that missed Wall Street expectations, but the BlackBerry maker's forecast for the current quarter easily topped analysts' estimates.
- 25 Jan 2010:
- 15 Jan 2010:Eastman Kodak hopes to illuminate a clearer picture about its photo-viewing technology. It has alleged that Apple's iPhones and RIM's camera-enabled BlackBerry devices violate its patent for digital image previewing.
- 30 Dec 2009:Research in Motion, the Canadian company that makes the Blackberry smart phone, plans to open an operation in the Triangle next year
- 24 Dec 2009:
- 11 Dec 2009:
- 8 Dec 2009:
- 4 Dec 2009:
- 26 Oct 2009:
- 1 Oct 2009:
- 25 Aug 2009:The US International Trade Commission has said it plans to launch an investigation into flash-memory chips in popular products such as Apple's iPhone, Research In Motion's BlackBerry Storm, as well as camcorders and laptop computers.
- 24 Aug 2009:
- 29 Jun 2009:
- 22 Jun 2009:
- 25 May 2009:
- 6 May 2009:
- 5 May 2009:
- 4 May 2009:
- 15 Apr 2009:RIM Co-CEO Jim Balsillie said the BlackBerry maker is reducing supply costs as surging growth provides him with leverage to press for bargains during the recession.
- 7 Apr 2009:
- 3 Apr 2009:
- 18 Feb 2009:
- 17 Feb 2009:
- 12 Feb 2009:Research In Motion (RIM) said its quarterly earnings and gross margin would come in at the low end of expectations even as subscriber growth topped forecasts, a warning that sent shares of the BlackBerry maker down 12% Wednesday.
- 19 Dec 2008:
- GIGABYTE announces 'Feel the Force' OC contest winners
- Internet of Things to provide new business opportunities and enable business model changes
- Oracle Day 2013 Taipei Demonstrates B2B Mobile Marketing
- MOEA recognizes alliances between foreign and Taiwanese IT firms for creating new value
- Advantech Accelerates Intelligent Video Designs with Complete Solutions
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
ChipMOS Technologies is among very few firms that have transformed themselves successfully and are...
Chunghwa Telecom (CHT), Taiwan Mobile (TWM) and Far EasTone Telecommunications (FET), the three largest...
Smartphone ODM Arima Communications has decided to expand its product lines to include tablets, smart...
OCZ Technology shifted its corporate focus away from legacy DRAM memory modules in 2011, and has since...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...