- 13 Sep 2010:Android-based devices could outnumber BlackBerry smartphones and iPhones by the end of 2010, and match Symbian sooner than expected.
- 2 Sep 2010:
- 1 Sep 2010:"Any company with a telecoms network should be accessible," an Indian Home Ministry official told the BBC. "It could be Google or Skype, but anyone operating in India will have to provide data."
- 23 Aug 2010:India Digest: Govt. tells BlackBerry to install server or shut services (Aug 23) - Wall Street JournalA roundup of news from Indian media regarding the possible BlackBerry ban.
- 18 Aug 2010:India said Tuesday it was still undecided as to whether it would allow RIM to offer its BlackBerry corporate email services in the country beyond Aug 31.
- 16 Aug 2010:
- With a skimpy 8% share of the US market, according to the research firm comScore, Nokia trails Samsung, LG, Motorola and Research In Motion, the maker of the BlackBerry.
- 13 Aug 2010:India is among a growing number of nations scrutinizing BlackBerry services over concerns the devices may be used by terrorists or for other illegal activities because the device's encryption prevents intelligence agencies from monitoring mail traffic.
- 12 Aug 2010:
- 10 Aug 2010:According to reports, the German interior ministry has asked government departments to avoid using BlackBerry because of a "dramatic increase in cyber attacks", and instead opt for Simko devices offered by Deutsche Telekom.
- 6 Aug 2010:Indonesia has no plans to ban services for RIM's BlackBerry services, according to a Wall Street Journal report Thursday, citing an information ministry statement, whch said it has "no plan whatsoever to implement the banning policy which is being undertaken by United Arab Emirates, as we haven't seen any urgency ... also because there's no specific regulation regarding this issue," according to the report.
- This week RIM delivered on both these key requirements with the launch of the BlackBerry Torch 6800 - the first touchscreen "slider" BlackBerry and the first to run BlackBerry 6, the latest version of RIM's smartphone operating system.
- 2 Aug 2010:Two Gulf states have announced bans on some functions of the Blackberry mobile phone, claiming security concerns. The United Arab Emirates is to block sending emails, accessing the internet, and delivering instant messages to other Blackberry handsets. Saudi Arabia is to prevent the use of the Blackberry to Blackberry instant messaging service.
- 16 Jul 2010:Switching platforms is not as simple as just picking a new smartphone. Companies have entire infrastructures built around BlackBerry, and managing BlackBerry devices through the BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES). The IT staff understands how to configure, troubleshoot, and support the BlackBerry environment. The users are comfortable with the BlackBerry culture. They are familiar with BlackBerry conventions and BlackBerry apps, and they understand how to navigate the BlackBerry interface to maximize efficiency and productivity.
- 15 Jul 2010:ChangeWave conducted a survey between June 14-24 and found that 16.4% of those surveyed were planning to buy a smartphone within the next 90 days,the largest percentage increase since 14.4% planned to buy an smartphone in June 2009. And 52% of prospective buyers said they would purchase an iPhone.
- 12 Jul 2010:The rumored RIM tablet may have a 7-inch screen, a 1GHz processor and dual cameras.
- 30 Jun 2010:Cisco announcedthat in 2011 it will be launching an Android-based tablet, named the Cius, aimed squarely at the business market.
- 25 Jun 2010:BlackBerry maker Research In Motion on Thursday posted a 20% increase in first-quarter profit, but sales and handset shipments fell below Wall Street's forecast.
- 23 Jun 2010:It's taken eight years, but the Black-Berry is finally widely available in China, although one of its key functions isn't.
- 15 Jun 2010:
- 14 Jun 2010:The industry sees the N8 as an attempt by Nokia to win back customers moving on to a host of phones from Taiwan's HTC - whose phones are based on Android systems - Apple's iPhone 4, and Blackberry.
- 27 May 2010:There are signs Apple's trendy iPhone is making inroads into boardrooms and offices.
- 13 May 2010:For Research in Motion, the maker of the popular BlackBerry smartphone, staying No. 1 isn't about apps or fancy hardware, it's about cost effectiveness.
- 28 Apr 2010:Although Apple and the iPhone get all the attention in the mobile market, it's still RIM and its ubiquitous BlackBerry smartphones that reign supreme in the corporate world.
- 26 Apr 2010:
- 14 Apr 2010:
- 12 Apr 2010:
- 9 Apr 2010:
- 1 Apr 2010:Research in Motion posted a fiscal fourth-quarter profit and revenue that missed Wall Street expectations, but the BlackBerry maker's forecast for the current quarter easily topped analysts' estimates.
- 25 Jan 2010:
- 15 Jan 2010:Eastman Kodak hopes to illuminate a clearer picture about its photo-viewing technology. It has alleged that Apple's iPhones and RIM's camera-enabled BlackBerry devices violate its patent for digital image previewing.
- 30 Dec 2009:Research in Motion, the Canadian company that makes the Blackberry smart phone, plans to open an operation in the Triangle next year
- 24 Dec 2009:
- 11 Dec 2009:
- 8 Dec 2009:
- 4 Dec 2009:
- 26 Oct 2009:
- 1 Oct 2009:
- 25 Aug 2009:The US International Trade Commission has said it plans to launch an investigation into flash-memory chips in popular products such as Apple's iPhone, Research In Motion's BlackBerry Storm, as well as camcorders and laptop computers.
- Microsoft bridging IoT innovation to seek new growth drivers for Taiwan
- Industry 4.0-based network manager ensures solid industrial connectivity
- G.fast IOP, a first in a Carrier Network environment; Swisscom makes it a reality that meets their network requirements
- Heraeus introduces new series of PERC Metallization Pastes at PV Taiwan International Photovoltaic Exhibition
- VATek's modulator has been used on the world's first DTV transmitter crowdfunding project on Kickstarter
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Note 7 issues may help Apple to regain number-1 crown in 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
To help foster the development of related wireless charging technology in Taiwan, the Wireless Power...
Silicon Valley based Anaplan, a cloud-based planning and performance management platform provider,...
Corning in late July released its latest cover glass, Gorilla Glass 5, to provide better protection...
Qualcomm president Derek Aberle spared his time with Digitimes for an exclusive interview...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...