- 19 May 2015:Yingli has accumulated short-term and long-term debt of around US$2 billion and hasn't reported a profitable quarter since 2011.
- 24 Apr 2015:In normal daylight, the big tanks used to store Noble Energy Inc.'s petroleum looked solid enough. But when regulators examined them through thermal cameras, they made a startling discovery: Noxious pollutants escaped from the tanks like smoke from a chimney.
- Japan's government has proposed making nuclear energy account for between 20-22% of the country's electricity mix by 2030.
- Tough new environmental rules and cheap energy prices are heightening the battle between coal miners and natural-gas pumpers over which fuel will dominate the U.S. power market.
- Energy storage will be increasingly important in the years to come -- and not just because of electric cars. As intermittent renewable energy sources like sun (sometimes it's dark) or wind (sometimes it's still) power ramp up, energy storage will allow consumers to take advantage of their captured power whenever they need it. And that's where General Electric Company isn't giving up ground.
- 21 Apr 2015:The future of American energy, according to one widely held view, will include solar panels and wind turbines continuing to proliferate, churning out ever more electricity and eventually eclipsing fossil fuels to help offset the forces of climate change.
- 7 Apr 2015:Tidal energy to produce electricity is the wave of the future. Thailand will get on board eventually, but in typical fashion, will follow the crowd and wind up being 10-25 years behind the countries at the vanguard.
- Starting in June, defense companies including Thales SA and Multicon Solar AG will join NATO to test the military's ability to use renewable power in combat and humanitarian operations.
- Shares in Toshiba fell nearly 5% on Monday after the company said it was looking into possible accounting irregularities, its second investigation into its bookkeeping practices in less then two years.
- 31 Mar 2015:This month, Costa Rica's state-run electricity company announced that the country had gone 75 days using only renewable resources for electricity.
- 24 Mar 2015:Companies to issue US$30 billion in "green bonds" this year, S&P reports (mar 23) - International Bussiness TimesElectric utilities, real estate firms and other companies could issue a record $30 billion in "green bonds" this year, Standard & Poor's Rating Services said Monday.
- Costa Rica is running without having to burn a single fossil fuel, and it's been doing so for 75 straight days.
- 20 Mar 2015:Obama administration wants more renewable energy, tighter pollution controls on public lands (Mar 17) - Washington PostThe Obama administration will seek tougher standards for companies extracting oil, gas and coal on taxpayer-owned land during its remaining months in office, even as it pushes for expanded solar and wind projects, Interior Secretary Sally Jewell said Tuesday.
- 17 Mar 2015:To meet the planet's growing energy needs, scientists are casting their eyes towards plants, which long ago perfected the process of capturing the sun's rays - light energy - and transforming that into starch - chemical energy - that can be stored.
- In the wake of the annual meeting of two of China's highest political bodies, one of the country's leading politicians and business figures has called for the conversion of its vast interior into a hub for the development of renewable energy.
- Five reasons to be wary of green energy investments (Mar 12) - telegraph.com.uk (USE Daily Telegraph (UK))Many investors are attracted to "green" investments by the promise of good returns allied with care for the environment. But there are growing fears that some are being sucked into unsuitable schemes. Here are five reasons to be wary.
- 6 Mar 2015:Sustainability gurus from Facebook, Yahoo and Ebay all agreed that green energy is good for their users and good for the planet, on a panel Tuesday evening in San Francisco at the Commonwealth Club of California.
- South Africa's hopes of becoming one of the world's top renewable energy hubs are dimming due to poor infrastructure and delays as cash-strapped state utility Eskom is distracted by a scramble to keep the lights on.
- 2 Mar 2015:Modi's optimism for renewable energy comes to nought as Jaitley's Budget offers no definite roadmap.
- 25 Feb 2015:Solar energy is set to become the cheapest source of electricity in many parts of the world within the next 10 years, with the cost of photovoltaics (solar panels) continuing to decline.
- A wind of change is blowing through the UK's power stations. Renewable sources of energy like wind turbines could soon generate more electricity than nuclear power stations.
- 3 Feb 2015:Sharp will sell its Recurrent solar operation to a US unit of Canadian Solar for US$265 million, or 13% less than it paid five years ago, in the latest move to scale back operations outside Japan.
- 26 Jan 2015:For more than a year now, an enormous solar thermal power plant has been humming along in the Arizona desert, sending out power as needed, even well after sunset.
- 23 Jan 2015:A new report investigating the importance of public opinion and policy priority on renewable energy development has concluded "winning community consent is the only sustainable way to deliver affordable, green energy to the UK in the long term."
- There's a shareholder resolution being presented to BP and Shell in the current round of annual meetings, one that asks them to invest more in renewable energy.
- 19 Jan 2015:Monhegan faces challenges as stark as its beauty. Foremost among them - and the spur for the journey to Denmark - is dependence on expensive, dirty fuels for heating and electricity.
- 15 Jan 2015:Mines from the Americas to Africa and Australia are slowly becoming unlikely hotspots for the production and use of green energy.
- A broad Florida coalition of business, conservative and conservation groups came together Wednesday for a public petition drive aimed at amending the state's constitution to promote solar energy in Florida.
- 9 Jan 2015:Narendra Modi government to raise US$25 billion for green energy funds (Jan 8) - International Bussiness TimesThe Narendra Modi-led Indian government is planning to raise $25 billion through five funds to promote "green energy" sources, according to a report by Mint, an Indian daily, which cited an unnamed government official.
- 30 Dec 2014:Norway's state-owned power company Statkraft announced earlier in the month that it intends to invest heavily in renewable energy both in Norway and abroad, to the tune of 60 billion kroner, or just over $8 billion USD.
- With end of year lists dominated by things like gadgets and movies and music we reflect on our favourite Green Energy Futures stories of 2014.
- 29 Dec 2014:One utility that has been on the forefront of solar power is Tucson, Arizona-based Tucson Electric Power (TEP). It's no surprise that the utility with more than 400,000 ratepayers has now stepped into the residential solar business.
- Share0 Share via Email If you are driving east on Summit Avenue and the sun's angle is just right, you might glimpse solar panels on the roof of St. Paul United Church of Christ.
- 18 Dec 2014:It has been a near-magical tool allowing corporations to claim massive reductions in greenhouse gas emissions for very little cost.
- 17 Dec 2014:The nation's largest biodiesel producer ended the third quarter with $128.6 million in cash (more than it started with), over $1 billion in total assets, and a fair book value just north of $16 per share (compared to current share prices under $10).
- 11 Dec 2014:Ram Power is a geothermal developer. Like many geothermal developers before it (Remember Nevada Geothermal?), the company had been overly optimistic about the potential of its geothermal resources.
- Was green energy just a fad? With cheap oil, Americans buy gas guzzlers again (Dec 10) - The GuardianOil is down to $2.67 a gallon, so Americans are buying a lot more SUVs and pickup trucks. Are US drivers giving up on renewable energy while gas prices are low?
- 9 Dec 2014:Suddenly cheap oil prices may spur economic re-calculations across the board, but many analysts are sticking with a still-sunny outlook for renewable energy take up.
- 5 Dec 2014:Germany's US$132 billion green energy lead is fortified by EON's split with fossil fuels (Dec 2) - BloombergEON SE (EOAN)'s plan to spin off its fossil-fuel plants marks a watershed moment in Germany's renewables effort that will likely bolster the country's already leading position in clean energy.
- YC SYNERGY launches gen 4 automotive fuel cell module
- Heraeus Introduces New Series of Pastes as Solar Market Accelerates Moving to PERC Technology
- Heraeus introduces new series of PERC Metallization Pastes at PV Taiwan International Photovoltaic Exhibition
- Heraeus confidently looking to next phase of legal proceedings in Taiwan patent dispute
- Accumulating comprehensive smart living achievements, Tatung is devoted to building smart green communities
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
The US government is reviewing anti-dumping tariffs imposed on China and Taiwan solar firms since December 2014.
The 2015 Photonics Festival in Taiwan is taking place in Taipei during June 16-18, with more than 500 exhibitors showcasing the latest optoelectronics...
Big firms from other sectors are also playing the PV game
The solar energy market is recovering.
Taiwan-based crystalline silicon solar cell makers have been impacted by the US imposing an average...
Digitimes recently interviewed Bert Gyselinckx, general manager of the Holst Centre in Eindhoven, to...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
GaAs solar material maker Alta Devices boasts solar cells with an efficiency of 28.8%, but perhaps...