- 17 Jun 2014:Foreign investment in China fell in May to its lowest level in 16 months, partly due to slowing growth.
- 16 Apr 2014:Despite the increase, it is a slowdown from 7.7% growth in the final quarter of last year.
- 8 Nov 2013:China's exports return to growth with 5.6% rise in latest sign of economic rebound (November 8) - Washington PostChina's exports rebounded to relatively strong growth in October while imports accelerated, adding to signs of a recovery in the world's second-largest economy.
- Taiwan signed its biggest trade deal yet with a country that has diplomatic ties with Beijing, as the island tries to integrate its economy with the rest of Asia's and to diversify economic allies beyond China.
- 10 Sep 2013:China's industrial production rose by more than expected in August, the latest sign that the world's second-largest economy may be on the mend.
- 15 Aug 2013:Cisco Systems saw its shares fall sharply late Wednesday after the company announced that it is cutting 4,000 jobs to adjust to what CEO John Chambers called a "challenging" and "inconsistent" economy.
- 14 Aug 2013:The German economy grew strongly in the second quarter, raising hopes that the eurozone has come out of recession.
- 9 Aug 2013:China's economy could be stabilising, the latest set of economic figures from the country has suggested.
- 12 Jul 2013:Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said Wednesday the central bank will likely keep at least some of its easy-money policies going "for the foreseeable future."
- 2 Jul 2013:A weaker yen and solid domestic demand has brightened the mood at Japanese manufacturers, six months into Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's big effort to jolt the world's third-largest economy out of deflation.
- 21 Jun 2013:The manufacturing and export sectors play a huge part in driving growth in China.
- Markets plunged as Ben Bernanke, Fed chairman, said it would be "appropriate to moderate the monthly pace of purchases later this year" as long as the economy grows as expected.
- 19 Jun 2013:Japanese exports rose in May by the most since 2010 as the yen weakened, providing a boost to Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's plan to revive the economy.
- 16 May 2013:The euro slid to its weakest level in more than a month after figures showed that the eurozone economy shrank by more than expected, raising concerns about the health of the single currency bloc.
- 8 May 2013:German factory orders unexpectedly jumped for a second month in March 2013, suggesting Europe's largest economy is starting to grow again.
- 17 Apr 2013:The funds will be used to help small and medium-sized exporters, create jobs, boost a stagnant property market and cover a shortfall in tax revenue.
- 16 Apr 2013:Gold prices have suffered their sharpest fall since the 1980s, heightening fears among investors that the precious metal's decade-long bull run has ended.
- An investigation is under way after two explosions near the finishing line of the Boston Marathon left three people dead and at least 140 injured.
- 22 Mar 2013:Manufacturing activity in China picked up speed in March, an initial HSBC survey has indicated, adding to hopes of a sustained recovery in its economy.
- 20 Mar 2013:Fears that Cyprus's two biggest banks may collapse if a bailout is not agreed have seen investors ditch the euro and turn to relatively safer assets.
- 13 Mar 2013:The won dropped for a fifth day, the longest run of declines in 10 months, after South Korea's unemployment rate unexpectedly climbed to the highest in a year.
- 26 Feb 2013:Growth in the giant China manufacturing sector in February withdrew from the highest point in nearly two years despite a fourth consecutive month of expansion, a private survey showed Monday, as foreign demand remained unsteady.
- 28 Jan 2013:Worldwide microprocessor sales are expected to regain strength in 2013 and grow 12% to US$65.3 billion after rising just 5% in 2012 to US$58.2 billion due to weakness in standard PCs and the shaky global economy, according to IC Insights.
- 22 Jan 2013:The recession in Europe is entering its fifth year and unemployment doesn't look like it will be returning to normal levels anytime soon.
- 16 Jan 2013:Japan's economy minister surprised financial markets on Tuesday by warning of the potential ill effects of a sharply weaker yen in a rare rhetorical departure from years of attempts by Tokyo to talk the currency down.
- 4 Jan 2013:The dollar jumped to a two-year high against the yen Thursday on expectations that Japan's new government will lower interest rates to boost the economy, weakening the yen.
- 28 Dec 2012:Fubon Financial, one of the most aggressive Taiwanese financial firms expanding into the Chinese market, said on Thursday it will buy an 80% stake in China's Firstsino Bank for CNY6.45 billion (US$1.03 billion).
- 27 Dec 2012:Winter weather complicated travel for many Americans on Wednesday - and left six dead in weather-related accidents, and even forced one NBA team to take the rare step of postponing a game due to the conditions.
- 26 Dec 2012:Sales shoppers meet last-minute panic buyers as UK shops kick-off traditional discounts two days earlier.
- 18 Dec 2012:Shares rose early on Monday after the win by Shinzo Abe, who has promised more public spending and says he will implement measures directed at weakening the yen and fighting deflation.
- 21 Nov 2012:Japan's prime minister dissolved the lower house of parliament Friday to avoid a disastrous freeze in government spending, triggering elections that could result in more aggressive policies to stimulate the country's economy.
- 20 Nov 2012:When he was first elected in 2008, Taiwan's president, Ma Ying-jeou, offered Taiwanese high hopes that the island's economy would open a new chapter. He promised ground-breaking agreements with China to help end Taiwan's growing economic marginalisation.
- 19 Nov 2012:Europe's striking warning to US that austerity is no solution to fiscal cliff (November 15) - GuardianOn 14 November, people in Madrid and all across Europe participated in a demonstration against government austerity measures.
- 16 Nov 2012:Sales growth at Wal-Mart has fallen short of market expectations, with the world's biggest retailer saying customers are feeling the pinch.
- 31 Oct 2012:Hurricane Sandy's economic toll is poised to exceed US$20 billion after the biggest Atlantic storm slammed into the Eastern US, damaging homes and offices and flooding subways in America's most populated city.
- 30 Oct 2012:Sandy made landfall in New Jersey, causing a record surge of seawater in New York City, flooding car and subway tunnels and leaving much of lower Manhattan without power.
- 26 Oct 2012:KLA-Tencor posted fiscal first-quarter revenue below expectations and said current-quarter revenue would fall more as chipmakers, worried about the economy, hold off on new orders of manufacturing equipment.
- "Solid demand for wireless communications in both packaging and test was the key driver of our business in the third quarter," said Ken Joyce, Amkor's president and CEO. "Lower-than-anticipated supply of 28nm wafers in the early part of the quarter and the overall weakness in the semiconductor market and general economy constrained our growth."
- 23 Oct 2012:The strong Japanese yen has hurt the country's export competitiveness, while demand has evaporated as growth slowed in most regions. Meanwhile, the country's energy imports have risen following closures of most of its nuclear plants.
- Chinese factories are losing pricing power in the worst wholesale-cost deflation since 2009, signaling corporate earnings may deteriorate further and putting a damper on global inflation pressures.
- CAYIN's latest digital signage player debuts at InfoComm China 2017
- Advantest VOICE 2017 U.S. and China keynote speakers announced
- QSAN launches XS3200 series SAN storage systems for SMB/enterprise market
- UMC and Synopsys collaboration speeds 14-nm custom design
- Advantest and W2BI to Exhibit Advanced Test Solutions at Mobile World Congress
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Note 7 issues may help Apple to regain number-1 crown in 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
Kuka Robotics, as the world's leading maker of robots used in automobile manufacturing, has been making...
Germany's Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology as well as Committee on Foreign Investment in...
Qualcomm agreed in late 2016 to buy NXP Semiconductor for about US$47 billion in the biggest-ever deal...
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...