- 29 Sep 2011:
- 13 Sep 2011:
- 9 Sep 2011:Android's purveyor crossed a line when it sold arms to be used against Apple.
- 26 Aug 2011:
- 22 Aug 2011:Avago's main smartphone customers are Samsung and HTC, but speculation is rife among analysts that some upcoming wireless devices from Apple, including new iPhones and the iPad 3, could use some Avago chips.
- 2 Aug 2011:
- 1 Aug 2011:
- 26 Jul 2011:Horace Luke has resigned as HTC's chief innovation officer.
- 24 Jul 2011:Smartphone manufacturer HTC is considering switching to Samsung's mobile application processors, industry sources said. HTC currently uses Qualcomm processors.
- 16 Jul 2011:Apple originally asserted 10 of its patents against HTC in March 2010, and the judge ruled today that HTC infringed on two patents, according to an HTC statement.
- 14 Jul 2011:HTC appoints Jason Mackenzie to newly-created position of president for global sales and marketing (July 13) - Company releasePrior to HTC, Mackenzie held a progression of sales and marketing positions with DENSO Wireless and Siemens Communications, concluding as Vice President for Siemens Communications.
- 12 Jul 2011:The news comes just weeks after Apple and Samsung accused each other of copying designs and technology.
- South Korean consumer electronics giant LG Electronics has slashed its forecast for 2011 smartphone sales as the company struggles to compete against aggressive giants like HTC, Samsung and Apple.
- 11 Jul 2011:Databeans forecasts that the advancement of smart and 3D TV apps and a strong presence in numerous consumer markets could mean that 3D viewing is here to stay. According to Databeans research, the emerging interest in 3D viewing will drive huge TV sales in the next five years.
- 8 Jul 2011:Mosaid sues HTC and Sony Ericsson on newly-acquired cellular handset patents (July 7) - Company releaseMosaid Technologies has announced that it is suing HTC America and Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications (USA) for infringing three US patents that are essential to all cellular telephones that implement the emergency 911 (E-911) standard, as mandated by the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- 30 Jun 2011:Shares of Taiwan's HTC are up more than 15% this year as the company cashes in on Android. Investors might be wise to seek out international funds that own the stock.
- 3 Jun 2011:HTC Chief Executive Peter Chou took the stage at Qualcomm's Uplinq conference in Sad Diego today to talk about Android and Windows Phone 7, but not before tooting HTC's own horn.
- 20 May 2011:Sequans Communications has shipped its ten millionth 4G chip. Today, Sequans' chips are inside leading 4G devices, such as the HTC EVO 4G smartphone launched by Sprint in USA and the HTC EVO WiMAX smartphone launched by KDDI in Japan.
- 19 May 2011:The HTC Puccini, a rumored 10-inch tablet, will feature Android 3.01 and powered by a 1.5GHz dual-core Qualcomm processor. As some of you may recall, the rumors of a larger tablet first surfaced earlier in the year when it was whispered that HTC was working on three devices.
- 13 May 2011:
- 10 May 2011:Smartphone vendors shipped a total of 99.6 million units in the first quarter of 2011, nearly double from 55.4 million units a year ago.
- 9 May 2011:Android increases smartphone market leadership with 35% share, says Canalys (May 4) - Company releaseHTC, Samsung, LG, Motorola and Sony Ericsson drove Android shipments in the first quarter, with each vendor shipping well over three million devices, said Canalys Principal Analyst Pete Cunningham.
- 27 Apr 2011:Verizon Wireless will start selling the HTC's Droid Incredible 2 on April 28 while Sprint will put the Nexus S 4G from Google on sale May 8. Both smartphones will sell for US$199.99 with two year service agreements.
- 15 Mar 2011:
- 10 Mar 2011:The tech sector is well represented on this year's list, which overall includes 1,210 people who together control US$4.5 trillion in wealth. The highest-ranked Taiwanese tech execs are the husband-and-wife team of Cher Wang and Wenchi Chen.
- 8 Feb 2011:
- 28 Jan 2011:
- 27 Jan 2011:it's being said that the first Facebook phones will be built by HTC, just like how the first Android phones were made by HTC...the HTC-sourced smartphones will "run a modified build of Google's Android operating system that will display information from a user's Facebook account on the home screen." So, it's like HTC Sense or Samsung TouchWiz... only with Walls, Pokes, and FarmVilles.
- 31 Dec 2010:HTC has filed for a trademark for a product called HTC Scribe, describing it as a "handheld wireless device, namely a tablet computer." The filing was recorded with the US Patent and Trademark Office on Dec. 26.
- 16 Dec 2010:"We are working on LTE device for next year, 2011. We think the US mobile operator will be taking some leading and pushing the LTE 4G in the US market, but however, we are seeing the rest of world will be deploying LTE network elsewhere in 2011, could be second half of 2011," said Peter Chou.
- 2 Dec 2010:Nokia and HTC said they persuaded a court to void parts of a mobile phone patent that IP holding company IPCom GmbH claimed the two device makers infringed.
- 29 Nov 2010:Jobs is recruiting lawyers who have fought for and against some of the world's largest companies, including Microsoft, Intel and Broadcom. Broadcom won a patent dispute with Qualcomm last year that ended with Qualcomm paying $891 million in cash over four years.
- 18 Nov 2010:Apple, HTC and RIM was sued by patent holder St. Clair Intellectual Property Consultants for alleged infringement of six U.S. patents for computer-function management.
- 9 Nov 2010:
- 26 Oct 2010:Gemalto said in a statement it filed the lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas for alleged infringement of its patented technologies in the open-source Android system and Dalvik operating environment.
- 14 Sep 2010:
- 23 Aug 2010:
- 19 Aug 2010:
- 19 Jul 2010:HTC and Samsung Electronics on Monday cast the latest rebukes to the assertion by Apple that the iPhone 4's reception problems are shared by other global smartphone makers.
- 16 Jul 2010:
- GIGABYTE announces 'Feel the Force' OC contest winners
- Internet of Things to provide new business opportunities and enable business model changes
- MOEA recognizes alliances between foreign and Taiwanese IT firms for creating new value
- Advantech Accelerates Intelligent Video Designs with Complete Solutions
- Innovation through Partnership to Make IoT a Reality
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
ChipMOS Technologies is among very few firms that have transformed themselves successfully and are...
Chunghwa Telecom (CHT), Taiwan Mobile (TWM) and Far EasTone Telecommunications (FET), the three largest...
Smartphone ODM Arima Communications has decided to expand its product lines to include tablets, smart...
OCZ Technology shifted its corporate focus away from legacy DRAM memory modules in 2011, and has since...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...