- 6 Aug 2012:The latest installation figures from the German Federal Network Agency show that the country's mid-year subsidy change for rooftop installations has caused a surge in solar demand for the first half of 2012, with more than 4.3GW installed in a period of just six months.
- 23 Jul 2012:Germany's environment ministry said on Friday it would back solar firms' efforts to bring anti-dumping proceedings against China amid a bitter price war in the industry that has left many German panel producers fighting for survival.
- 9 Jul 2012:.Solarworld Plans China Anti-Dumping Case With EU Peers By Marc Roca - Jul 3, 2012 8:23 PM GMT+0800 .Facebook Share LinkedIn Google +1 0 Comments Solarworld, Germany's biggest solar-panel maker, plans to file an anti-dumping case against China-based competitors as part of a group of Europe-based manufacturers.
- 27 Jun 2012:
- 14 Jun 2012:US-based First Solar, the world's No. 2 maker of solar cells, will ramp up production at its plants in Germany, scheduled to close later this year, to meet an unexpected surge in demand, a spokesman said on Tuesday.
- 12 Jun 2012:Germany's aleo solar AG has today announced it will close its solar module factory in Santa Maria de Palautordera, Spain, by the end of the year at the latest. 92 jobs will go.
- Germany may pass legislation to cut solar-power subsidies before July 7 should the government and regional leaders reach a compromise this week, according to an official at the Federal Environment Agency.
- May was a record month for solar energy production in Germany, with 4 billion kilowatt hours of electricity generated by the country's solar panels.
- 4 Jun 2012:Germany may call on the European Union to apply high import tariffs on Chinese solar panels that are sold at less than production costs, Environment Minister Peter Altmaier told the WirtschaftsWoche busniess magazine.
- China-based energy group Hanergy is set to buy part of Q-Cells, the insolvent Germany-based solar-panel maker, in a deal that highlights the buying power of Chinese energy companies in the troubled European solar market.
- 28 May 2012:Solar power plants in Germany produced a world record 22GW of electricity per hour - equal to 20 nuclear power stations at full capacity - through the midday hours on Friday and Saturday, the head of a renewable energy think tank said.
- 14 May 2012:The German Federal Council has determined that that the bill earlier adopted by the German Parliament for the reduction of solar subsidies will be going a the mediation committee, which will allow for the federal and state governments to negotiate finding a comprise.
- 10 May 2012:German solar-power companies expect sales to decline by 50 percent this year because of subsidy cuts in the world's second-largest market for the industry, according to a survey by the BSW-Solar lobby.
- 2 May 2012:
- 30 Apr 2012:German Chancellor Angela Merkel's effort to create jobs in renewable energy is faltering as subsidy cuts and competition from Chinese manufacturers forces the industry to stop hiring for the first time in eight years.
- 23 Apr 2012:German solar installations may have more than tripled in the first quarter from a year ago, the country's deputy environment minister said.
- 6 Apr 2012:
- 3 Apr 2012:
- 2 Apr 2012:
- 30 Mar 2012:
- Germany's parliament approved record cuts in aid for solar power, aiming to reduce the annual pace of installations by half in the world's biggest market for the industry.
- 28 Mar 2012:
- 24 Mar 2012:Globalfoundres announced that its Fab 1 in Dresden, Germany has shipped a quarter of a million semiconductor wafers based on 32nm High-k Metal Gate (HKMG) technology. The milestone represents a significant lead over other foundries in HKMG manufacturing, it claimed.
- 16 Mar 2012:Installations of solar panels will continue to increase strongly in Germany in the first six months of the year, government and industry sources told Reuters, dealing a blow to efforts by the ruling coalition to get the market under control.
- 13 Mar 2012:
- 9 Mar 2012:Around 11,000 people gathered in Berlin on 5 March to protest against further cuts to the support for solar photovoltaics (PV) in Germany from April.
- 5 Mar 2012:At 1pm local time Monday March 5, thousands, including employees from around 50 solar companies, will converge in Berlin at the Brandeburger Tor to protest against harsh cuts to the proposed feed-in tariff legislation.
- SMA Solar, Germany's top solar company, forecast sales and operating margins will fall significantly in 2012, blaming the German government's March 9 decision to slash state-mandated incentives for photovoltaic electricity.
- Germany, the world's biggest solar- power market, may delay a plan to cut subsidies in the industry by at least three weeks to allow developers to complete projects, a lawmaker said.
- 1 Mar 2012:German Chancellor Angela Merkel's cabinet endorsed plans on Wednesday to cut state-mandated incentives for photovoltaic electricity in the world's largest market for solar power by up to 30% on March 9, coalition sources told Reuters.
- 29 Feb 2012:BSW-Solar fears that, despite considerable opposition from the solar industry, the new legislation is likely to be passed in a meeting of the Federal Cabinet tomorrow.
- 24 Feb 2012:
- Germany, the world's biggest market for solar power, plans record reductions in subsidies for the industry as part of a program to rein in a boom in installations.
- 21 Feb 2012:One of the world's biggest green-energy public-policy experiments is coming to a bitter end in Germany, with important lessons for policymakers elsewhere.
- 2 Feb 2012:Fears Germany will cap or cut green energy subsidies is boosting demand for solar panels, and uncertainty about the shape of the measures could give the country's battered solar sector an advantage against Chinese rivals.
- 30 Jan 2012:
- 12 Jan 2012:
- 10 Jan 2012:
- Spirox resolved to propose termination of exclusive distributor agreement with Xcerra Corporation
- Litemax 7 products received the 25th Taiwan Excellence Award
- Advantest Will Showcase Products, Demonstrations and a Technical Paper at SEMICON Korea, February 8-10 in Seoul
- ABB wins $640 million mega deal for long distance power transmission link in India
- ThroughTek listed as Taiwan's first IoT company on the emerging stock board
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Note 7 issues may help Apple to regain number-1 crown in 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
Germany's Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology as well as Committee on Foreign Investment in...
Qualcomm agreed in late 2016 to buy NXP Semiconductor for about US$47 billion in the biggest-ever deal...
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
Gary Patton, a 30-year veteran in the semiconductor industry, joined Globalfoundries as CTO in July...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...