- 29 Oct 2014:
- 23 Sep 2014:
- 5 Sep 2014:
- 22 Aug 2014:
- 13 Aug 2014:
- 15 Jul 2014:
- 17 Apr 2014:
- 8 Apr 2014:
- 4 Mar 2014:Chipmaker Avago Technologies said it expects current-quarter sales to decline 3-6% from the first quarter as it lost revenue from a smartphone maker, which analysts said could be Apple.
- 27 Feb 2014:The companies are already selling lots of phones. But most of those sales are coming in China, and both companies admit they have work cut out for them elsewhere, including in the United States.
- 21 Feb 2014:Hewlett-Packard reported fiscal first-quarter sales and profit that topped analysts' estimates as the personal-computer maker won new orders for corporate machines and servers to run data centers.
- 11 Feb 2014:Infineon projects higher sales as car and security units pick up (January 30) - Bloomberg (via Businessweek)Infineon Technologies has projected sales growth in its fiscal second quarter as orders for automotive and identity-checking components rise.
- 22 Jan 2014:AMD was profitable for the second consecutive quarter, thanks in large part to the success of the gaming consoles from Microsoft and Sony that are powered by the vendor's chips.
- Nokia is expected to show a steep fall in network equipment sales in its results this week, highlighting the challenge facing management after selling its once mighty handset division to Microsoft for EUR5.4 billion (US$7.3 billion).
- 17 Jan 2014:Japanese gaming giant Nintendo has issued a profit warning amid weaker-than-expected Wii U console sales.
- 9 Jan 2014:ARM chief Simon Segars expects low-cost smartphones to drive sales (January 9) - Daily Telegraph (UK)ARM's chief executive has said the emergence of low-cost smartphones and Apple's move into China will drive sales at the British microchip designer.
- 3 Jan 2014:TSMC and AMD, and other companies have seen more than US$200 million in sales in 2013 for computing components used to create Bitcoins, Wedbush Securities said.
- 27 Dec 2013:
- 13 Dec 2013:CSR, the Cambridge-based microchip maker, has announced a retreat from the digital camera market as sales decline and amateur photographers increasingly rely on smartphones.
- 12 Dec 2013:Samsung Electronics built the world's largest smartphone business by tapping China's cheap and abundant workforce. Not for much longer: it's shifting output to Vietnam to secure even lower wages and defend profit margins as growth in sales of high-end handsets slow.
- 22 Nov 2013:
- 19 Nov 2013:Samsung Galaxy Gear smart watch flops with just 50,000 units sold - report (November 18) - Apple InsiderSince its debut in late September, Samsung's Galaxy Gear smart watch has mustered sales of just 50,000 units, suggesting the device has not managed to gain sizable interest from the mass market.
- 15 Nov 2013:Applied Materials is benefiting from an increase in demand from companies such as TSMC that build semiconductors for other chipmakers, as they upgrade plants for new production processes.
- 12 Nov 2013:Smartphones with powerful cameras have begun to take a toll on sales of expensive, dSLR cameras.
- 25 Oct 2013:Dow Chemical, which is looking to exit businesses that are exposed to commodity price swings, said it planned to raise at least US$3 billion to US$4 billion from asset sales.
- 23 Oct 2013:Broadcom fell after the company forecast lower fourth-quarter revenue than analysts estimated and said it's cutting as many as 1,150 jobs as demand slows for chips that connect mobile phones to the Internet.
- 4 Oct 2013:Its forecasts also indicate potentially slowing profit growth at its mobile business-a signal that its run of record results is under threat by rising competition and lower-margin phones taking up a bigger proportion of sales.
- 12 Aug 2013:
- 5 Aug 2013:Sony has reported a jump in profits for the April-to-June quarter, boosted by a weak yen and surge in smartphone sales.
- 2 Aug 2013:Possible sales ban for Samsung to be decided next week in patent infringement case (August 1) - TechHiveThe US ITC expects to complete its investigation into allegations of patent infringement between Apple and Samsung at the end of next week (August 4-11).
- Toyota has raised its forecast for annual profit as a weak yen and a recovery in sales in the US continue to boost its growth.
- 29 Jul 2013:KLA-Tencor forecast current-quarter revenue below expectations as slumping personal computer sales hurt demand for new chip-manufacturing gear, sending its shares lower.
- 25 Jul 2013:Qualcomm rose 3% in after-hours trading Wednesday after the company booked US$6.2 billion in its third quarter, its twelfth straight quarter of double-digit gains, and raised its outlook for the full year.
- 19 Jul 2013:Nokia sold 7.4 million Lumia smartphones in the second quarter, its best yet for sales of the Windows Phone devices, but still made a net loss.
- 2 Jul 2013:Samsung Electronics lost US$25.3 billion in market capitalization last month, more than the value of competitor Sony, as sales of its flagship Galaxy S4 smartphone fell short of investor expectations.
- 14 Jun 2013:Samsung's Galaxy S4 handset is well on its way to becoming the company's bestselling smartphone. Samsung Electronics co-CEO Shin Jong-kyun told The Korea Times the Galaxy S4 is set to surpass the 10 million sales mark next week.
- 29 May 2013:Samsung Electronics announced that global channel sales of its Galaxy S4 has surpassed 10 million units sold in less than one month after its commercial debut.
- As the PC market continues to tip further into free fall - with IDC forecasting a 7.8% sales decline this year - one Wall Street analyst suggested Tuesday that PC buyers will continue to wait for Windows Blue and the second half of 2013 to upgrade their PCs.
- 14 May 2013:
- 7 May 2013:Canaccord Genuity said in its new report that in the June quarter, slowing sales of the iPhone combined with strong sales of Samsung's Galaxy S4 may catapult Samsung to the top spot.
- PEZY and Imagination team up to develop next-generation HPC systems
- Orbotech shares vision for future electronics manufacturing models; leverages rebranding efforts
- Indium Corporation's EZ-Pour Gallium Trichloride simplifies room temperature processes
- Imagination and Testin partner to accelerate time-to-market for app development in Greater China
- CAYIN Enters Video Wall Battle Field with the Launch of SMP-8000
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
- Digitimes Research: Shrinking tablet market prompts China touch panel supply chain to look for growth elsewhere
- Digitimes Research: Apple to push forward with In-Cell touch technology in 2015 but highly considering G/G for 2016
China-based Tsinghua Unigroup is currently riding high in the global semiconductor industry with a...
While the product life cycles of analog ICs are getting shorter and shorter, the technical standards...
Notebook vendor Acer aims to ship at least five million smartphones in 2015 and plans to hike the shipments...
The acquisition of Freescale by NXP Semiconductors will make NXP the world's second largest MCU supplier...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...