- 10 Jun 2015:In the data center, where Intel has handily trounced AMD in sales of server microprocessors, there is still a need for x86-compatible chips, of which AMD holds the only cards outside Intel. That could make AMD a target in the data center for Xilinx or for Chinese state-owned investment vehicles.
- 23 Apr 2015:Xilinx has reported that revenue fell 8.2%, missing expectations for the quarter ended in March and the chip maker's sales guidance for the current period missed analysts' estimates.
- Broadcom has reported solid results for the first quarter of 2015, with revenue driven by high-end smartphone and broadband access markets.
- 13 Apr 2015:Booming sales and manufacturing of smartphones in China by upstart brands such as Xiaomi have helped to make the country's electronics industry one of the world's largest.
- 8 Apr 2015:Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi has decided to sell devices through a leading electronics retail chain in India, part of its effort to move away from online-only sales and boost growth in the world's third-largest smartphone market.
- 13 Mar 2015:
- 27 Jan 2015:Taiwan's Foxconn Technology Group, the world's largest contract electronics manufacturer, will cut its massive workforce, the company told Reuters, as the Apple supplier faces declining revenue growth and rising wages in China.
- 15 Jan 2015:
- 12 Jan 2015:Growth in vehicle sales in the world's largest car market, China, halved last year as the country's economic expansion slowed.
- 19 Dec 2014:Technology giant Apple says it cannot sell products online in Russia because the rouble's value is too volatile for it to set prices.
- 16 Dec 2014:An India court partially lifted a sales ban on Xiaomi, saying the world's third-largest smartphone vendor could import devices as long as they use chips from Qualcomm.
- 30 Nov 2014:Samsung Electronics' semiconductor sales are expected to jump 15.6% on year in 2014, closing the gap with industry leader Intel, a global market tracker said Sunday.
- 21 Nov 2014:Marvell Technology has forecast lower-than-expected revenue for the current quarter as weak demand for its chips used in third-generation mobile communication offset a rise in sales of its more profitable 4G LTE chips.
- 13 Nov 2014:Trade negotiators from China and the US have reached a preliminary deal they say could end tariffs on as much as a trillion dollars in annual global sales of high-tech goods, eliminating tariffs as high as 25% on some next-generation semiconductors. The deal requires approval of the World Trade Organization, which could take up the issue as early as December.
- 8 Nov 2014:Korean manufacturers' smartphone exports dropped by 35.5% year-on-year in October 2014 due to the release of Apple's iPhone 6 and a rapid sales decline in China and the ASEAN region.
- 6 Nov 2014:Lenovo Group On Thursday said its net profit for the quarter through September rose 19% on growing sales of both personal computers and smartphones.
- 3 Nov 2014:Samsung is expected to start producing application processors (APs) for clients such as Apple, Qualcomm, and AMD, using its 14-nanometre process around the end of the year.
- 29 Oct 2014:
- 23 Sep 2014:
- 5 Sep 2014:
- 22 Aug 2014:
- 13 Aug 2014:
- 15 Jul 2014:
- 17 Apr 2014:
- 8 Apr 2014:
- 4 Mar 2014:Chipmaker Avago Technologies said it expects current-quarter sales to decline 3-6% from the first quarter as it lost revenue from a smartphone maker, which analysts said could be Apple.
- 27 Feb 2014:The companies are already selling lots of phones. But most of those sales are coming in China, and both companies admit they have work cut out for them elsewhere, including in the United States.
- 21 Feb 2014:Hewlett-Packard reported fiscal first-quarter sales and profit that topped analysts' estimates as the personal-computer maker won new orders for corporate machines and servers to run data centers.
- 11 Feb 2014:Infineon projects higher sales as car and security units pick up (January 30) - Bloomberg (via Businessweek)Infineon Technologies has projected sales growth in its fiscal second quarter as orders for automotive and identity-checking components rise.
- 22 Jan 2014:AMD was profitable for the second consecutive quarter, thanks in large part to the success of the gaming consoles from Microsoft and Sony that are powered by the vendor's chips.
- Nokia is expected to show a steep fall in network equipment sales in its results this week, highlighting the challenge facing management after selling its once mighty handset division to Microsoft for EUR5.4 billion (US$7.3 billion).
- 17 Jan 2014:Japanese gaming giant Nintendo has issued a profit warning amid weaker-than-expected Wii U console sales.
- 9 Jan 2014:ARM chief Simon Segars expects low-cost smartphones to drive sales (January 9) - Daily Telegraph (UK)ARM's chief executive has said the emergence of low-cost smartphones and Apple's move into China will drive sales at the British microchip designer.
- 3 Jan 2014:TSMC and AMD, and other companies have seen more than US$200 million in sales in 2013 for computing components used to create Bitcoins, Wedbush Securities said.
- 27 Dec 2013:
- 13 Dec 2013:CSR, the Cambridge-based microchip maker, has announced a retreat from the digital camera market as sales decline and amateur photographers increasingly rely on smartphones.
- 12 Dec 2013:Samsung Electronics built the world's largest smartphone business by tapping China's cheap and abundant workforce. Not for much longer: it's shifting output to Vietnam to secure even lower wages and defend profit margins as growth in sales of high-end handsets slow.
- 22 Nov 2013:
- 19 Nov 2013:Samsung Galaxy Gear smart watch flops with just 50,000 units sold - report (November 18) - Apple InsiderSince its debut in late September, Samsung's Galaxy Gear smart watch has mustered sales of just 50,000 units, suggesting the device has not managed to gain sizable interest from the mass market.
- 15 Nov 2013:Applied Materials is benefiting from an increase in demand from companies such as TSMC that build semiconductors for other chipmakers, as they upgrade plants for new production processes.
- Digitimes Research:Top-5 Wintel notebook vendors see combined shipments down in April
- Digitimes Research: Wi-SUN widely used in Japan, but internationalization faces problems
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan smartphone shipments set to decline in 2Q16
- Digitimes Research: Korea LCD driver IC vendor Silicon Works sees revenues hit record high in 2015
- Industry's First Universal Stylus Demonstration Planned for COMPUTEX 2016
- UMC Holds 2016 Japan Technology Forum
- Accumulating comprehensive smart living achievements, Tatung is devoted to building smart green communities
- AVerMedia Mini-PCIe Frame Grabber Solutions on NVIDIA Tegra K1 Platform
- QSAN introduces XCubeSAN XS5200 series and XCubeDAS XD5300 series at Computex 2016
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
Dassault Systemes, a European multinational software company that develops 3D design, 3D engineering,...
Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang has been outspoken with his predictions about future technologies and products,...
During a Digitimes interview, Global Sales and Operations senior vice president B.S. Teh for Seagate...
At this point most consumers are not that familiar with the USB Type C specification but it has the...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...