- 31 Mar 2016:Multiple reports indicate Samsung's Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are seeing stronger-than-expected initial sales.
- 22 Mar 2016:The Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge have been on sale in global markets for a little while now, giving analysts just enough time to make some early predictions about how they expect the handsets to perform. Their data suggests that the new smartphones have registered healthy sales across the globe so far, boosting hopes of a turnaround in Samsung's mobile profits.
- 17 Feb 2016:In 2015, the Bosch Group recorded sales of over 70 billion euros for the first time, according to preliminary figures. The company succeeded in increasing revenue by approximately 10% last year. Earnings also further improved.
- 27 Jan 2016:STMicroelectronics said it will shut down its set-top-box chip business and eliminate or redeploy 2,000 jobs as Chief Executive Officer Carlo Bozotti seeks to cut losses at the unprofitable unit. Shares of Europe's biggest semiconductor maker jumped.
- 8 Jan 2016:South Korea's No. 2 mobile carrier KT has suspended selling China-based Xiaomi's smartphone, industry sources said Wednesday, only two days after it started sales.
- 23 Dec 2015:Samsung Securities said on Dec. 13 that it trimmed Samsung Electronics' operating profit forecast for the fourth quarter by KRW300 trillion (US$253.91 million) to KRW6.8 trillion from the previous KRW7.1 trillion (US$6.01 billion) estimate due to sluggish sales in its component business.
- 17 Nov 2015:Goldman estimates TSMC's Apple InFO business would take away only 2% of ASE's sales.
- 15 Nov 2015:Applied Materials, the largest maker of machinery used to produce computer chips, rose the most since August after giving a first-quarter forecast that may meet analysts' estimates as orders from chipmakers showed signs of improvement.
- US retail sales rose less than expected in October amid a surprise decline in automobile purchases, suggesting a slowdown in consumer spending that could temper expectations of a strong pickup in fourth-quarter economic growth.
- 10 Nov 2015:One of the greatest risks to Apple's iPhone and iPad sales is its ability to secure enough DRAM (at a reasonable cost) when the inevitable shortage occurs in the future.
- 3 Nov 2015:
- 19 Oct 2015:The investment firm has lowered its estimates for the component suppliers to Apple, in the wake of disappointing feedback regarding iPhone 6s sales from carrier surveys.
- 2 Oct 2015:Net income in the period ended September 3 fell to US$471 million, or 42 cents a share, from US$1.15 billion, or 96 cents, a year earlier.
- 9 Sep 2015:
- 18 Aug 2015:Applied Materials dropped to its lowest price since December 2013 after forecasting fiscal fourth-quarter sales that trailed analysts' estimates.
- 13 Aug 2015:Lenovo is laying off 3,200 employees and trimming down its smartphone portfolio in response to a slowdown in its PC and handset sales.
- 30 Jul 2015:Japanese tech giant Sony saw its net profit more than triple in the April-to-June quarter, helped by strong sales of its PlayStation 4 games and camera sensors.
- 27 Jul 2015:Lalvani has more than 20 years of experience in sales, business development, strategic planning and business operations across the IT and telecom sectors.
- 22 Jul 2015:ARM, the chip designer whose technology powers almost all smartphones, reported sales that missed analysts' estimates after device shipments by customers including Apple Inc. trailed predictions.
- 17 Jul 2015:The European Commission (EC), the administrative and executive body of the 28-nation European Union (EU), has opened two antitrust investigations into the behavior of Qualcomm with regard to its market dominance of semiconductors used in consumer electronics.
- 16 Jul 2015:Not so long ago, the release of a new Windows operating system was a sure bet to drive a massive PC refresh cycle, boosting sales by double digit percentages. But that is a thing of the past.
- 15 Jul 2015:Sales of the new Apple Watch have plunged by 90% since the opening week, according to a new market-research report.
- ASML reports Q2 results in line with guidance, on track for record 2015 sales (Jul 15) - Marketwatch.com (Dow Jones)"We expect to see continued overall business strength in the second half of 2015 due to increased demand from memory and foundry customers compared with our previous expectations," ASML president and CEO Peter Wennink said.
- Sales of PCs that used Micron's memory chips dropped faster than the company expected in 2015 triggering a 50% stock plunge. That drop helped set the stage for Micron, which is known for buying other companies' chip operations, to become a target.
- 7 Jul 2015:Tumbling markets and economic uncertainty in China pose a risk to major chipmakers such as Qualcomm that derive a big portion of their sales from the world's second-largest economy.
- 6 Jul 2015:Doubts over the sales prospects of Samsung Electronics' new flagship smartphones are damping expectations of a rapid turnaround for the South Korean giant, even though profit likely continues to recover from last year's troughs.
- 30 Jun 2015:Samsung Electronics saw the sales of dynamic random access memory (DRAM) reach to a record level in the first quarter of 2015, industry data showed Monday, with its market share also hitting its highest since 2011.
- 18 Jun 2015:Cisco plans to invest $10 billion in China, although its sales in the country are slumping due in part to persistent security concerns surrounding US technology.
- 16 Jun 2015:Chip makers are feeling pressures to find new sales, including by merging with rivals, amid declines in some businesses such as personal computers and rising expectations for margin growth.
- 10 Jun 2015:In the data center, where Intel has handily trounced AMD in sales of server microprocessors, there is still a need for x86-compatible chips, of which AMD holds the only cards outside Intel. That could make AMD a target in the data center for Xilinx or for Chinese state-owned investment vehicles.
- 23 Apr 2015:Xilinx has reported that revenue fell 8.2%, missing expectations for the quarter ended in March and the chip maker's sales guidance for the current period missed analysts' estimates.
- Broadcom has reported solid results for the first quarter of 2015, with revenue driven by high-end smartphone and broadband access markets.
- 13 Apr 2015:Booming sales and manufacturing of smartphones in China by upstart brands such as Xiaomi have helped to make the country's electronics industry one of the world's largest.
- 8 Apr 2015:Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi has decided to sell devices through a leading electronics retail chain in India, part of its effort to move away from online-only sales and boost growth in the world's third-largest smartphone market.
- 13 Mar 2015:
- 27 Jan 2015:Taiwan's Foxconn Technology Group, the world's largest contract electronics manufacturer, will cut its massive workforce, the company told Reuters, as the Apple supplier faces declining revenue growth and rising wages in China.
- 15 Jan 2015:
- 12 Jan 2015:Growth in vehicle sales in the world's largest car market, China, halved last year as the country's economic expansion slowed.
- 19 Dec 2014:Technology giant Apple says it cannot sell products online in Russia because the rouble's value is too volatile for it to set prices.
- 16 Dec 2014:An India court partially lifted a sales ban on Xiaomi, saying the world's third-largest smartphone vendor could import devices as long as they use chips from Qualcomm.
- Digitimes Research: December 7W LED light bulb prices in China market fall
- Digitimes Research: SAE TIR J2954 paves way for commercializing PHEV/EV wireless power transfer
- Digitimes Research: Global production value for high-brightness LED chips to reach US$13.179 billion in 2017
- Digitimes Research: All-in-one PC shipments drop 4.8% in 2016
- Quanmax opens up 'Blue Ocean' infotainment opportunities with OPS compliant display
- TUV NORD launches SECURITY 4 SAFETY service to build Industry 4.0 foundation for customers
- ABB wins $100 million order to upgrade historic HVDC link in the U.S.
- Supermicro introduces latest SUPERO desktop and gaming solutions at CES 2017
- Wanshih Electronic will exhibit USB3.1 cable assemblies with type C in 2017 Consumer Technology Association (CES)
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Note 7 issues may help Apple to regain number-1 crown in 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
Gary Patton, a 30-year veteran in the semiconductor industry, joined Globalfoundries as CTO in July...
To help foster the development of related wireless charging technology in Taiwan, the Wireless Power...
Silicon Valley based Anaplan, a cloud-based planning and performance management platform provider,...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...