- 3 Mar 2011:
- 1 Mar 2011:The Motorola Droid Pro is a fair approximation of a BlackBerry handset, minus the inferior keyboard and the fact that it doesn't come close to matching Research In Motion's security measures.
- 25 Feb 2011:
- 14 Jan 2011:Ifa user's BlackBerry smartphone and his PlayBook (via Bluetooth) are connected to a company's BlackBerry Enterprise Server, then the company's IT shop will be able to set controls on the way tethering works, RIM officials explained.
- 4 Jan 2011:There have been rumors afoot about RIM working on a 4G LTE BlackBerry for a couple of years now, and the device that was intended to be released this year has been pushed to the end of the year.
- 31 Dec 2010:
- 30 Dec 2010:Poor battery life is likely the reason that Research In Motion has delayed the launch of its BlackBerry PlayBook tablet until the second quarter of 2011, according to a new report from Kaufman Bros.
- 17 Dec 2010:RIM on Thursday claimed another record quarter for the fall. It shipped 14.2 million BlackBerry phones, or just enough to top Apple's 14.1 million iPhones in the summer. The tally was 40 percent higher than a year earlier.
- 9 Dec 2010:Everybody knows BlackBerry OS 6 is a stopgap. It's a way to keep the business going (and keep enterprise customers attached to their BlackBerry Enterprise Servers) while RIM works on the world-beating next big thing, which seems to involve a QNX core, TAT interface, Torch Mobile Web browser, and dual-core processors.
- 6 Dec 2010:India's government is in discussions with companies that use BlackBerry to gain access to employees' secure communications when seen as necessary, said a top Indian official.
- 2 Dec 2010:
- 24 Nov 2010:The exact reasons behind the pull weren't known but could involve both legitimate security concerns and competition.
- 22 Nov 2010:Dell has announced that it will be replacing 25,000 BlackBerry smartphones and instead provide its employees with Dell devices running Microsoft's operating system.
- 17 Nov 2010:In an online video, the Canadian wireless giant further raised its war of words with Apple by showing how its PlayBook dwarfs the iPad for just about every application.
- 11 Nov 2010:
- 10 Nov 2010:"We're close to 60 million BlackBerry subscribers now and if we continue to perform moderately, we'll be 100 million (subscribers) in couple of years...two years," said RIM Co-Chief Executive Jim Balsillie.
- 8 Nov 2010:
- 5 Nov 2010:Bank of America and Citigroup are considering to let employees use the iPhone as an alternative to BlackBerry for corporate e-mail, said three sources. The banks are testing software for the iPhone that's designed to make it secure enough for company messages.
- Dell will shift 25,000 of its employees from RIM's BlackBerry to its own smartphones, the company said.
- 3 Nov 2010:IT department at Western Union had a strict policy of issuing and supporting only BlackBerry. Then new CEO Hikmet Ersek took command of the 6,000-employee company and demanded that he be allowed to use his iPhone for work.
- 2 Nov 2010:
- 27 Oct 2010:
- 25 Oct 2010:Starbucks expands mobile payment test to New York City and Long Island (Oct 25) - Marketwatch.com (Dow Jones)Customers with BlackBerry Smartphone, iPhone or iPod touch and the Starbucks Card Mobile App Can Now Experience the Fastest Way to Pay at Starbucks.
- 20 Oct 2010:RIM retaliates on Steve Job's recent knock on the Blackberry maker."For those of us who live outside of Apple's distortion field, we know that 7-inch tablets will be a big portion of the market and we know that Adobe Flash support matters to customers who want a real web experience," said RIM co-CEO Jim Balsillie.
- 19 Oct 2010:Here is a selection of the most poignant quotes from Jobs on the call, organized into the five main topics:
- "We are pleased to be working with the TRA, Etisalat and Du on this important initiative to support mobile innovation across the Middle East. We are excited to build on our success in the region and to deepen our commitment to delivering industry leading products and services...," said Jim Balsillie, co-CEO of RIM.
- 11 Oct 2010:In a statement sent to Emirates 24/7 on Monday, BlackBerry manufacturing company, Research in Motion (RIM), refused to give details of the deal reached with TRA but indicated the deal took into account the UAE security needs.
- 6 Oct 2010:MOtorola today announced the Droid Pro, which is clearly going after the BlackBerry segment and will be on sale in the first week of November on Verizon Wireless. Motorola Mobility's CEO Sanjay Jha, said: "34% of BlackBerry users are ready to switch to Android if it supports what the IT department wants."
- As of August 10, Android phones represented 32% of the smartphones sold this year. In comparison, Apple iPhones accounted for 25% of devices sold and RIM BlackBerry handsets represented 26% of sales.
- 28 Sep 2010:
- 23 Sep 2010:The so-called BlackPad could be unveiled as early next week at a developer's conference in San Francisco.
- 13 Sep 2010:Android-based devices could outnumber BlackBerry smartphones and iPhones by the end of 2010, and match Symbian sooner than expected.
- 2 Sep 2010:
- 1 Sep 2010:"Any company with a telecoms network should be accessible," an Indian Home Ministry official told the BBC. "It could be Google or Skype, but anyone operating in India will have to provide data."
- 23 Aug 2010:India Digest: Govt. tells BlackBerry to install server or shut services (Aug 23) - Wall Street JournalA roundup of news from Indian media regarding the possible BlackBerry ban.
- 18 Aug 2010:India said Tuesday it was still undecided as to whether it would allow RIM to offer its BlackBerry corporate email services in the country beyond Aug 31.
- 16 Aug 2010:
- With a skimpy 8% share of the US market, according to the research firm comScore, Nokia trails Samsung, LG, Motorola and Research In Motion, the maker of the BlackBerry.
- 13 Aug 2010:India is among a growing number of nations scrutinizing BlackBerry services over concerns the devices may be used by terrorists or for other illegal activities because the device's encryption prevents intelligence agencies from monitoring mail traffic.
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone makers increase overseas shipments by 53% in 3Q14
- Digitimes Research: Global tablet shipments to reach 74.53 million in 4Q14
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan small- to medium-size panel shipments reach 329.7 million in 3Q14
- Digitimes Research: China makers to drop Full HD panel pricing by 11.5% in 2015
- Advantest introduces newest parametric measurement module to extend SoC testing capabilities of T2000 platform
- Knowles Corporation Taiwan celebrates its 40th anniversary
- Indium Corporation expands Malaysia technical support, adds team members
- EverFocus announces the release of EMV401/801/1601 hybrid mobile DVR
- Tatung announces commercial availability of standards-based module for EV charging
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- GamerGate block list bad for business as game devs, journalists and fried chicken linked to online harassment
- Will Xiaomi be a target for Foxconn's new collaboration with Innolux?
- Digitimes Research: China makers Bitland, BYD to join Chromebook supply chain in 2015
- Digitimes Research: Samsung, white-box players looking to take over 10-15 million feature phone demand from Microsoft Mobile
- Digitimes Research: Lenovo, Asustek to launch US$149 Chromebook
With the global LED lighting application market taking off, and business opportunities emerging fast,...
NOR flash memory supplier Macronix International is looking to expand its presence in the automotive...
Despite years of enthusiasm for wireless charging technology, the market for wireless charging applications...
Laser printers have been dominating the business-use segment. But Seiko Epson has launched a bid to...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...