- 18 Jan 2013:
- 14 Jan 2013:
- 11 Jan 2013:California's rebate program for businesses and homeowners who install solar panels has now funded enough systems to generate 1GW of electricity - a level few countries and no other states have ever reached.
- 10 Jan 2013:
- 3 Jan 2013:Berkshire's MidAmerican to buy two California solar power projects (January 2) - Wall Street JournalMidAmerican Energy is buying two solar power projects under construction in Southern California from SunPower Corp. that will generate 579MW of electricity.
- 28 Dec 2012:
- 25 Dec 2012:
- 18 Dec 2012:
- 14 Dec 2012:
- 12 Dec 2012:
- 7 Dec 2012:
- 27 Nov 2012:A record 247 million people visited stores and websites between Thursday and Sunday and spent a total of $59.1bn (£36.9bn), 13% more than last year, the National Retail Federation (NRF) said.
- 22 Nov 2012:
- 8 Nov 2012:US International Trade Commission upholds tariffs on China-made solar products (November 7) - Solar ServerUS International Trade Commission (ITC) unanimously confirmed the imposition of anti-dumping and countervailing duties between 24% and 255% on imports of crystalline silicon solar photovoltaic (PV) cells from China, and modules made from those cells.
- China-based producers on Thursday protested the US latest decision to slash trade duties on solar energy products from China.
- 29 Oct 2012:
- 15 Oct 2012:Solyndra, the bankrupt solar- panel maker that received a US$535 million US government loan guarantee, accused Suntech Power Holdings and other China-based panel makers of driving it out of business by running an illegal cartel.
- 11 Oct 2012:
- The US on Wednesday slapped steep final duties on billions of dollars of solar energy products from China, but turned down a request from lawmakers and US manufacturers to expand the scope of its order.
- China rejects US solar panel tariffs as protectionism, says they will hurt clean energy (October 11) - Washington PostChina demanded Thursday that Washington repeal steep tariffs on solar panels that China-based producers fear will shut their equipment out of the American market.
- 28 Sep 2012:
- 25 Sep 2012:A tiny solar company named SoloPower will flip the switch on production at a US.= factory Thursday, a major step toward allowing it to tap a US$197 million government loan guarantee awarded under the same controversial program that supported failed panel maker Solyndra.
- 21 Sep 2012:
- 13 Sep 2012:First Solar Inc. CEO Jim Hughes is stepping up efforts to manage power plants that generate electricity from the sun, helping utilities use the technology in a way his rivals in China can't.
- 10 Sep 2012:
- 24 Aug 2012:In a move that escalates a trade row with the United States, China said it would ask the World Trade Organization (WTO) to adjudicate a dispute over US punitive import duties on 22 China-based exports, including solar panels and steel products.
- 22 Aug 2012:China's government has ruled that US government support to six American solar and wind power projects violates free trade rules, adding to strains between Beijing and its trading partners over renewable energy.
- 10 Aug 2012:
- 30 Jul 2012:
- 26 Jul 2012:GenOn Energy Inc. and NRG Energy Inc. (NRG), the company acquiring it to create the largest US independent power producer, were sued by a shareholder claiming the US$1.7 billion all-stock deal undervalues the company.
- 25 Jul 2012:
- 24 Jul 2012:OCI Solar Power signed a deal with CPS Energy today in San Antonio, Texas, to develop, own and operate the largest municipal utility solar project in the country.
- The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power has unveiled a solar plant it says can power 3,300 homes a year.
- 16 Jul 2012:In a new filing in the case between the two technology giants in California, which was picked up by FOSS Patents, Samsung notes that Apple took the liberty of sending do-not-sell letters to carriers and retailers that carry Samsung's products.
- 13 Jul 2012:
- The US solar industry is undergoing some serious growing pains, with bankruptcies and mergers a necessary part of that process; meanwhile, competition from China-based solar panels has many believing that US solar simply cannot compete.
- AZUL Design provides integrated services for UI/UX and program design in Asia Pacific
- Universal Stylus Initiative launched to create a specification for an active stylus
- ASRock Rack presents the high specification EP2C612D24
- IoT Gateways Bridge Last Mile Connectivity Gap
- Clientron to exhibit its latest Thin Client and POS solutions along with the full product line at Computex Taipei 2015
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Is Japan losing its influence in global semiconductor market?, asks IC Insights
- Digitimes Research: Philips makes wise move selling Lumileds stake
- Digitimes Research: Microsoft patent fee cut to attract vendors to pre-install apps in Android products
- Digitimes Research: Lenovo smartphone shipments reach only 8-9 million units in 1Q15
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone shipments drop over 30% sequentially in 1Q15 as small regional vendors suffer
Through intensified cooperation with Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) and MediaTek,...
Taiwan-based crystalline silicon solar cell makers have been impacted by the US imposing an average...
The IC backend service industry was capped by a flurry of merger and acquisition (M&A) activities...
Macronix International, which ranks as the world's second-largest NOR flash supplier with a 19% share...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...