- 9 Nov 2011:ReneSola trims 3Q revenue, shipments guidance; sees quarterly loss (November 7) - Wall Street JournalReneSola Ltd. reined in its guidance for third-quarter revenue and shipments, while noting it expects to post a loss for the period due to continued weak demand and industry oversupply.
- Chinese solar-equipment makers said tariffs sought by US competitors would make it harder to expand the use of renewable energy.
- 8 Nov 2011:Yingli Green Energy Holding Co. and Renesola Ltd., two Chinese solar companies, reduced their forecasts for shipments and cut the estimated values of their inventories.
- 4 Nov 2011:China's Trina Solar Ltd slashed its sales estimates for solar panels on Thursday because of weak European demand and said declines in panel prices would shrink its profit margins.
- SunPower Corp. and First Solar Inc., the two largest US solar manufacturers, will reorganize as falling prices and increased competition from China drive down sales.
- 3 Nov 2011:India's solar power costs could fall by more than 40 percent by 2015, allowing the industry to compete against domestic oil and gas firms without the help of state subsidies, the head of Lanco Solar told Reuters on Wednesday.
- 27 Oct 2011:In order to promote solar power, the government is subsidising the technology. Besides, efforts are also on to encourage people to get into using the solar energy equipment.
- 26 Oct 2011:
- GOVERNMENT help for solar power was supposed to be a triple play: jobs at a time of dire short-term need; incubation of an American industry sure to be important on a global scale in the next few years; and a long-term reduction in climate-changing pollution.
- 25 Oct 2011:
- A recent report from the USA has found return on investment from solar power is higher than any other renewable energy source.
- 24 Oct 2011:Italy's solar capacity to reach 12.5GW by year's end; further FiT cut expected in 2012 (October 20) - PV-TechInstalled capacity in Italy is expected to reach 12.5GW by the end of the year, according to the chairman of the Italian Photovoltaic Industry Association (GIFI), Valerio Natalizia.
- 18 Oct 2011:
- 17 Oct 2011:
- 14 Oct 2011:The big number is 50. When companies can produce solar photovoltaic modules for less than 50¢ per watt, solar energy will be able to compete directly with coal.
- 12 Oct 2011:
- 11 Oct 2011:
- 7 Oct 2011:
- 6 Oct 2011:
- 5 Oct 2011:
- 30 Sep 2011:
- 27 Sep 2011:
- 26 Sep 2011:Executives of the failed solar- panel maker Solyndra LLC are refusing to answer questions at a congressional hearing today, a sign that the first serious financial scandal of the Obama administration has arrived.
- 22 Sep 2011:
- 21 Sep 2011:
- High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email email@example.com to buy additional rights. http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/e43569d4-e30f-11e0-bb55-00144feabdc0.html#ixzz1YYPv5fmw The US solar power industry employs more than 100,000 people, twice as many as it did two years ago and more than the steel industry or coal mining, the industry's trade group has said.
- Solar Frontier closes deal to supply CIS modules for over 30MW of solar projects in India (September 20) - PV-TechSolar Frontier will be starting to put its Kunitomi plant to serious work as it recently closed a deal to supply over 30MW of its CIS solar modules to solar projects in India by the end of 2011.
- 20 Sep 2011:Developers installed 69% more US solar power capacity in the second quarter than a year earlier, led by commercial and government projects.
- 19 Sep 2011:China's solar power firms are emerging as the industry's dominant force after the collapse of foreign competitors, but the new market leaders are already struggling with low prices and overcapacity.
- 16 Sep 2011:
- The same market forces that doomed Solyndra, the solar cell manufacturer that received $528 million in government loans and then went bankrupt, could imperil other manufacturing ventures that have received loan guarantees from the Energy Department, energy experts warned this week.
- 15 Sep 2011:
- 14 Sep 2011:Phoenix Solar, through its Italian subsidiary Phoenix Solar Srl, has secured several contracts for the supply of solar modules for power plants in Italy.
- Iceleads raises US$3.5M in Series-A funding for global expansion of its BuyNow solution
- Join ThroughTek's upcoming IoT/M2M webinar!
- KFA: Compact power entry module with filter now with ground line choke
- 2015 Taipei international cycle show: HOLUX exhibits wearable Heart-Rate Smartwatch WRL-8100
- Advantest wins new customer with installation of V93000 semiconductor test system at Shanghai Haier IC in China
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: Microsoft to push 2 inexpensive notebooks in mid-2015 to counter Chromebook penetration
- Digitimes Research: Holitech to become 2nd-largest touch panel maker in China after acquisitions
- Digitimes Research: White-box tablet players turn to Windows 2-in-1s using Intel Bay Trail in 2Q15
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan on-cell touch panel shipments to see strong growth, yet offer little profit
- Digitimes Research: Samsung to adopt MediaTek APs for smartphones
Taiwan-based crystalline silicon solar cell makers have been impacted by the US imposing an average...
The IC backend service industry was capped by a flurry of merger and acquisition (M&A) activities...
Macronix International, which ranks as the world's second-largest NOR flash supplier with a 19% share...
The applications, demand and service areas for the global storage device industry have seen profound...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...