- 5 Dec 2011:
- 21 Nov 2011:Germany's Economy Ministry released a paper on Thursday with a proposal to reduce the growth of new photovoltaic installations to 1,000 megawatts (MW) a year, a move that would dethrone the country as the world's largest market for solar panels.
- Germany's Environment Ministry on Friday dismissed a proposal from the Economy Ministry to reduce the growth of new photovoltaic installations to 1,000 megawatt (MW) a year, saying a 15-percent cut for 2012 was enough for now.
- 18 Nov 2011:Under fire from angry Republicans, US Energy Secretary Steven Chu denied Thursday that now bankrupt solar panel firm Solyndra leveraged political ties to President Barack Obama for a government loan.
- 17 Nov 2011:
- DOE offers US$7 million in funding for efforts to reduce non-hardware costs of PV power systems (November 17) - PV-TechThe US Department of Energy (DOE) revealed its latest funding under the SunShot Initiative with a US$7 million effort for the reduction of non-hardware costs of residential and commercial PV installations.
- 14 Nov 2011:
- 7 Nov 2011:China has unveiled its three-step plan for phasing out energy-inefficient incandescent lamps. The announcement caused shares in US-based LED maker Cree (Nasdaq: CREE) to surge by almost 10% on November 4.
- 3 Nov 2011:India's solar power costs could fall by more than 40 percent by 2015, allowing the industry to compete against domestic oil and gas firms without the help of state subsidies, the head of Lanco Solar told Reuters on Wednesday.
- 2 Nov 2011:The strong yen has had an impact on several Japanese companies including Toshiba, Honda Motor and Panasonic, which have reported lower second-quarter profits.
- 1 Nov 2011:The UK government has launched a consultation paper, which is proposing further, significant photovoltaic feed-in tariff (FIT) cuts for systems registered on or after December 12, 2011.
- 28 Oct 2011:
- 25 Oct 2011:During a joint press conference with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, French President Nicolas Sarkozy said that 'broad agreement' was reached to ramp up the firepower of the eurozone rescue fund.
- 24 Oct 2011:Italy's solar capacity to reach 12.5GW by year's end; further FiT cut expected in 2012 (October 20) - PV-TechInstalled capacity in Italy is expected to reach 12.5GW by the end of the year, according to the chairman of the Italian Photovoltaic Industry Association (GIFI), Valerio Natalizia.
- 19 Oct 2011:Germany's solar industry has endured a difficult year and the Federal Network Agency and transmission system operators (TSO) have responded accordingly by leaving the Renewable Energy Law (EEG) levy virtually unchanged at ??.3592 per kWh.
- 7 Oct 2011:
- 3 Oct 2011:The bill would require the commerce department to use estimates of currency undervaluation when calculating so-called "countervailing duties," imposed against imports deemed to be state-subsidised.
- 30 Sep 2011:
- 29 Sep 2011:Two days before a looming deadline, the U.S. Department of Energy finalized two loan guarantees Wednesday from the same economic-stimulus program that backed Solyndra LLC.
- 28 Sep 2011:Some may think of the solar energy industry as new and even in need of government help, but those who have worked in it for decades say plenty of privately funded solar power companies are thriving.
- 27 Sep 2011:
- 26 Sep 2011:Executives of the failed solar- panel maker Solyndra LLC are refusing to answer questions at a congressional hearing today, a sign that the first serious financial scandal of the Obama administration has arrived.
- 9 Sep 2011:German solar incentives set to be slashed after reports of 1.25 GW of newly installed PV capacity (September 8) - PV MagazineAccording to sources, newly installed photovoltaic capacity in Germany hit 1.25 gigawatts (GW) between June and July of this year. As such, there are fears solar incentives will be slashed by 15 percent in January 2012.
- 8 Sep 2011:Facing a frustrated public and a skeptical Congress, President Barack Obama will pitch at least $300 billion in jobs proposals aimed at getting Americans back to work quickly and forcing Republicans to take a share of the responsibility for solving the country's economic woes.
- 5 Sep 2011:The UK's headlong rush into renewable energy - one ignored by the rest of the world - will hit British jobs and then general incomes, an economic study finds.
- 30 Aug 2011:Recession in rich countries has discouraged some would-be incomers from trying their luck. America, for instance, has seen a sharp decline in Mexicans trying to cross its southern border. Immigration to Europe has slowed. Some studies also suggest that increased inflows of migrants are a leading indicator of a pickup in growth.
- 26 Aug 2011:The Federal Reserve chairman, Ben S. Bernanke, said Friday that the economy is recovering and the nation's long-term prospects remained strong, an upbeat assessment that offered little indication of any plans for additional measures to boost short-term growth.
- Japan approved a bill today to subsidize electricity from renewable sources, joining European nations in shifting away from nuclear power after the Fukushima reactor meltdowns in March.
- 24 Aug 2011:The Japanese government has announced a new US$100 billion fund to help companies combat the strength of the yen.
- 13 Aug 2011:China is putting a competitive squeeze on some of its partners that still use the mainland as a source of low-cost design and manufacturing. Good Will Instrument, a 700-person test and measurement company in Taiwan, is just one of the companies feeling the pinch.
- The JV is based on the MoU signed in December 2010, under the framework for reinforcing cooperation in economic and industrial development between the Brazilian and Japanese governments, including the cultivation of a Brazilian semiconductor industry.
- 10 Aug 2011:Ben Bernanke and the Federal Reserve did not offer ailing markets the short-term salve they were looking for Tuesday with an announcement of additional asset purchases in a bid to stimulate US growth, but the central bank did signal that its accommodative interest rate policy will remain in place until at least mid-2013.
- 7 Aug 2011:S&P's decision to lower the US credit rating was proceeded last week by a downgrade of US debt by a less-known Chinese rating agency, Dagong Global Credit Rating Co. It was Dagong's second such downgrade, moves Xinhua painted as prescient.
- 5 Aug 2011:Rebates for Los Angeles solar panel installations are 32% lower under the newly relaunched Solar Initiative Program, which will start accepting applications next month.
- 4 Aug 2011:The Ontario government has negotiated a 75-per-cent cut in its controversial subsidy to a Korean consortium that is building new wind and solar farms in the province.
- 15 Jul 2011:
- 11 Jul 2011:The German Upper House of Parliament has passed its Renewable Energy Act amendment (July 8) - PV MagazineOn Friday, representatives from the individual federal states approved the energy law, which was decided on by the German federal government over a week ago.
- 8 Jul 2011:Italian PV association calls for market certainty as investor confidence fails (July 7) - PV MagazineInvestor concern among Italian and foreign photovoltaic operators is said to be running high after rumors emerged that the government would further cut incentives. Despite assurances to the contrary, GIFI says the industry is panicked.
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone AP shipments to fall almost 20% in 1Q16
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan makers ship 10.235 million LCD TVs in 4Q15
- Digitimes Research: Konica Minolta showcases flexible OLED lighting panels at Lighting Japan 2016
- Digitimes Research: China smartphone shipments increase 11.5% on quarter in 4Q15
- Chinese Semiconductor Industry's Latest Move: Sage Micro's Low-key Acquisition of Initio
- CAYIN Invites Visitors to Think Outside Digital Signage at ISE 2016
- AVEXIR launched ROG certified memory: Unleash your ROG spirit
- Critical materials council to be managed by TECHCET in 2016
- NANIUM's latest WL3D solution reduces space required by 5X
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
- Digitimes Research: Shrinking tablet market prompts China touch panel supply chain to look for growth elsewhere
Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang has been outspoken with his predictions about future technologies and products,...
During a Digitimes interview, Global Sales and Operations senior vice president B.S. Teh for Seagate...
At this point most consumers are not that familiar with the USB Type C specification but it has the...
Buoyed by its ZenFone series smartphones, Asustek Computer has captured a portion of the global smartphone...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...