- 25 Oct 2011:During a joint press conference with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, French President Nicolas Sarkozy said that 'broad agreement' was reached to ramp up the firepower of the eurozone rescue fund.
- 30 Sep 2011:The IPTV global subscriber base has now passed 50 million customers, and in the largest IPTV market, France, more than 50% of its broadband customers now subscribe to IPTV.
- 31 May 2011:
- 26 May 2011:A warning from a government trade council in Taiwan highlights concerns that the island has become increasingly isolated by the burgeoning network of free trade agreements connecting Asia and the rest of the world.
- 12 May 2011:Thousands of people have spent the night outdoors in the southern Spanish town of Lorca after an earthquake which killed at least eight people.
- 8 Apr 2011:European companies in China ranked Shanghai as the most attractive city to locate their Asia-Pacific headquarters as the Chinese city provides companies with direct access to the region's biggest market, according to a survey.
- 8 Mar 2011:A gauge of manufacturing in the euro region rose to 59 last month from 57.3 in January, London-based Markit Economics said in an e-mailed report. That's the highest since June 2000. A reading above 50 indicates expansion.
- 18 Feb 2011:The European Parliament has ratified a free-trade pact between the EU and South Korea - clearing the way for the deal to come into effect from July.
- 27 Jan 2011:
- 19 Jan 2011:
- 20 Dec 2010:
- 19 Dec 2010:Germany's economy is fueling the euro region's recovery as declining unemployment encourages consumer demand and companies boost investment, helping counter weaker exports.
- 13 Dec 2010:
- 7 Dec 2010:
- 30 Nov 2010:
- 19 Nov 2010:Europe certainly sounds like they are years ahead in BIPV compared with the US.
- 5 Jul 2010:Wind turbine farms are set to expand rapidly across Europe's coastal waters, throwing up challenges and opportunities for industry, according to a Reuters analysis of a leaked draft of EU energy strategies.
- 3 Jun 2010:
- 18 May 2010:European Union regulators are expected to fine nine makers of memory chips, including Samsung, Infineon and Hynix, this week on charges of illegally fixing prices. Others set to be fined are Elpida, NEC Electronics, Hitachi, Toshiba, Mitsubishi and Nanya.
- 12 May 2010:The eurozone managed only modest economic growth in the first quarter of 2010, with Germany's performance, held back by the bitter winter, failing to kick-start a broader recovery in the 16-country region.
- 5 May 2010:The measures include speeding up current plans to integrate Europe's air space, creating a "single European regulator for a single European sky."
- 1 Apr 2010:The unemployment rate across the 16-nation eurozone hit 10% in February 2010, the first time it has reached double figures since the euro was introduced.
- 4 Feb 2010:European Union regulators are to charge ten memory chipmakers, including Samsung Electronics, Infineon and Hynix Semiconductor, with fixing prices in breach of EU antitrust rules.
- 23 Jan 2010:The European Union has approved Oracle's US$7.4 billion takeover of fellow computer firm Sun Microsystems. Oracle said it now expected to complete the deal shortly.
- 2 Dec 2009:The fall in cost is due to the increased lifetime, according to the independent EU Energy Institute.
- 1 Dec 2009:
- 26 Nov 2009:European regulators are set to accept a proposal by Rambus to cut royalties to settle antitrust charges, according to a person familiar with the situation.
- 25 Nov 2009:
- 26 Oct 2009:In January, China's exports to its Southeast Asia neighbors counted for around one third of that to the EU. Eight months later, China's exports to Asean countries had grown to the equivalent of about half of exports to the EU.
- 13 Oct 2009:South Korea and the EU did US$98.4 billion in trade in 2008 and officials hope the deal will spur a jump in commercial activity between the two sides.
- An encouraging set of results from Philips, the Dutch consumer electronics manufacturer, helped set a positive tone for European markets.
- 8 Oct 2009:The European Commission's new proposal to boost solar technology development focuses too much on research and not enough on deploying commercial technologies, according to the European Photovoltaic Industry Association (EPIA).
- 2 Oct 2009:
- 24 Sep 2009:
- Neelie Kroes, the European Commissioner in charge of antitrust issues, would undoubtedly be most satisfied to see the Microsoft dossier closed before she goes.
- Chip meeting in Korea aims to prevent glut, improve competition (Sep 23) - Semiconductor InternationalThe world's leading semiconductor manufacturers plan to discuss ways to prevent overproduction and enforce fair competition at an industry-wide annual meeting on Jeju Island, according to the South Korean government.
- 23 Sep 2009:
- 22 Sep 2009:
- 17 Sep 2009:
- 8 Sep 2009:
- The highly sophisticated tool for protecting from data security vulnerabilities - MEjW TP-400-I
- The Fortrend OGS received U.S. Patent Certificate
- G.SKILL Releases World's Fastest DDR4 3333MHz Memory, Available Now! The Bleeding Edge of Speed Has Arrived!
- Indium Corporation announces new EZ-Pour Gallium Trichloride
- Genesys Logic announces a reference design pairing its USB 3.0 card reader controller GL3221 with NFC transceiver ST95HF from STMicroelectronics
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: Intel to see strong tablet AP shipments in 2H14
- Commentary: Apple Watch pioneering user interface will make around 10% of users Think Different
- Digitimes Research: Asustek detachable devices face size hurdle
- Digitimes Research: Apple refocuses on 9.7-inch iPad in 2H14
- Commentary: Time is running out for console makers to clean up GamerGate
Karbonn, the second-largest India-based handset vendor, is looking into in-house production. Digitimes...
Sales of handsets in the India market reached 61.07 million units in the first quarter of 2014, with...
With increasing competition from AMOLED, TFT LCD display manufacturers are beginning to look to quantum...
As India's handset market is continuing to grow, local vendors including Lava, Spice, Intex and GI...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...