- 1 Jul 2014:How much would you fork out for a 77-inch, curved, 4K, OLED TV? Well, LG hopes you're hovering around a couple of grand per descriptor.
- 30 Jun 2014:
- The country is currently experiencing a glut of energy, thanks to the recent openings of new coal power stations (which were commissioned back when electricity was in short supply) as well as record levels of renewable generation -- especially solar.
- Annual bill for consumers to subsidise renewable technologies has soared to more than £2.5bn as more plants are built and the cost for each unit of electricity rises.
- Philips said Monday it is seeking investors for its Lumileds and automotive lighting business, which it plans to turn into a stand-alone company within the main group.
- The new "Transformers: Age of Extinction" is the first feature film shot with the Imax 3D Digital Camera, a 3D, 4K. It's a beast, but small enough for director Michael Bay's dynamic movie-making style.
- Android Wear, Android TV, and Android Auto are free from manufacturer customizations: Good news or bad news? (June 29) - TechReviewsGoogle held a smashing I/O conference a few days ago where Android took center stage and commanded most of what the search company had to show and talk about. The most exciting Android related announcements are Android Wear, Android TV, and Android Auto.
- 27 Jun 2014:
- Germany proposes higher green-energy surcharge on industrial companies (June 24) - The Wall Street JournalGermany on Tuesday proposed that industrial companies generating their own electricity pay a higher surcharge than previously planned, as the country seeks to keep costs for renewable energy under control and overcome objections from the European Commission.
- Spending watchdog criticises ministers over £16 billion renewable energy deals (June 27) - The GuardianA parliamentary spending watchdog warns today that the government may have handed benefits to corporate power providers at the expense of consumers by awarding £16.6bn of renewable energy contracts without putting them out to competitive tender.
- Denmark will establish a nearly $1 billion green fund to attract private capital to reducing energy consumption, fund renewable energy projects and provide a boost to the nation's job sector, the country's finance minister said on Wednesday.
- The FIFA Football World Cup 2014 in Brasil is expected to be a popular spectator sport in India.
- LG is looking into cranking up production of plastic OLED displays for smartwatches and phones (June 25) - Business InsiderLG Display Co will consider whether to make additional investments to boost production capacity of plastic OLED displays for smartwatches and smartphones, the company's chief executive said.
- 26 Jun 2014:
- Google gave developers an early look at Android TV at its I/O conference Wednesday, its newest attempt to let Android-based devices work better with HDTVs, set-tops and other entertainment systems.
- 25 Jun 2014:
- 24 Jun 2014:
- EverFocus' great leap forward: eZ Hopper
- Heraeus Photovoltaics consolidates research and development in US
- Heraeus Photovoltaics features SOL9620 Series and the SOL9621 Series at Intersolar N.A. 2014
- Heraeus to exhibit at Intersolar North America 2014 Exhibition and Conference
- Celebrate the 2014 FIFA World Cup with Digital Signage
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: Hisilicon AP to give Huawei cost advantage in high-end mobile device market
- Commentary: Panel makers need to be more active in developing products
- Digitimes Research: Google looking to clean up Android device mess in emerging markets
- Digitimes Research: Youngfast, Melfas looking beyond G1F touch
- Digitimes Research: Android TV facing same difficulties as Google TV; Chromecast to boost user attachment
MediaTek has taken up to 60% of the 3G handset solution market in China, pushing the market value of...
AMD has been reorganizing its businesss, such as moving its desktop business headquarters to Beijing,...
Intel president Renee James, during a recent interview, told Digitimes that the company and its partners...
According to a recent IDC research note, the transition toward mobile and cloud-based computing is...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...