- 16 Mar 2017:
- Japan's crisis-racked Toshiba has offered shares in its memory chip unit to creditors as collateral to secure debt refinancing, people briefed on the matter said on Wednesday.
- 15 Mar 2017:Apple has been found guilty of price-fixing in Russia, after the country's anti-monopoly agency said the US company had arranged for retailers to co-ordinate the prices of its iPhone models.?
- In filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission today, Yahoo laid out the severance packages for executives that will be leaving the company as it sheds its Internet business chrysalis and emerges as an Alibaba stock-holding company moth called Altaba. Marissa Mayer, Yahoo's chief executive officer, will receive a package of cash, stock, and benefits valued at a total of $23,011,325 at the completion of the deal, according to Yahoo's proxy statement. Of that, $3 million will be in cash.
- Samsung is going to make supplemental investments into its 10nm production lines in March 2017 and construct new 7nm semiconductor facilities in 2018. Its strategy is to secure ultra-fine processing technologies faster than its competitors.
- Exclusive: Japan to vet bidders in Toshiba chip sale for national security risks - sources (Mar 10) - ReutersThe Japanese government, fretting over the future of Toshiba's flagship memory chips unit, is prepared to block a sale to bidders it deems a risk to national security, sources said, a stance that gives US suitors a major advantage.
- 14 Mar 2017:
- 13 Mar 2017:Shares in Toshiba Tec rose more than 6% in early Monday trading after a report that Toshiba, the parent, is considering selling shares in the company.
- As major player Toshiba's flash memory business is up for sale, global chipmakers are weighing their chances of competing against Samsung, which has a runaway lead in 3D NAND flash technology.
- Intel is extending its technology roadmap as cost and complexity increase with advanced nodes. Steve Mullane, a BlueFin Research Partners analyst, said that Intel's 10nm process could be delayed two to three months.
- Traditional yellow sodium street lights are steadily being replaced by white LED bulbs. The new lights use less energy, dramatically cutting carbon emissions and saving money. But not everybody is happy.
- 10 Mar 2017:
- Microsoft is committing to use chips based on ARM Holdings technology in the machines that run its cloud services, potentially imperiling Intel's longtime dominance in the profitable market for data-center processors.
- Taiwan's Foxconn, the world's largest contract electronics maker, is not a favored bidder for Toshiba's memory chip business due to its close ties with China, sources with direct knowledge of the deal said.
- Unigroup mobile-design subsidiary Spreadtrum & RDA and the British supplier of chips to Apple's iPhones and iPads are considering a joint venture in eastern China, through which the pair will jointly design communications components.
- 9 Mar 2017:China has reported its first monthly trade deficit in three years, after imports surged and a slowdown during the Lunar New Year holidays hit output.
- Report: Android inches closer to passing Windows as most popular OS for internet usage (Mar 7) - 9to5GoogleStatCounter is out today with its data for February 2017 and highlights that Android is inching closer to passing Windows as the most popular operating system for internet usage worldwide.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise said it would buy data storage provider Nimble Storage Inc for $1.09 billion in cash, to expand its presence in the fast-growing flash storage business.
- CAYIN's latest digital signage player debuts at InfoComm China 2017
- Advantest VOICE 2017 U.S. and China keynote speakers announced
- QSAN launches XS3200 series SAN storage systems for SMB/enterprise market
- UMC and Synopsys collaboration speeds 14-nm custom design
- Advantest and W2BI to Exhibit Advanced Test Solutions at Mobile World Congress
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Note 7 issues may help Apple to regain number-1 crown in 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
Kuka Robotics, as the world's leading maker of robots used in automobile manufacturing, has been making...
Germany's Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology as well as Committee on Foreign Investment in...
Qualcomm agreed in late 2016 to buy NXP Semiconductor for about US$47 billion in the biggest-ever deal...
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...