- 1 Sep 2015:A British company has announced plans for an array of unique marine turbines that can operate in shallower and slower-moving water than current designs.
- A new report from the Department of Energy found that the cost of wind energy is now at an all-time low.
- 31 Aug 2015:President Obama flew west into the blistering sun of this desert oasis on Monday not so much to issue a dour warning about the dangers of climate change - moralizing does not become this freewheeling city - but to speak with great hope about solar and other renewable forms of energy.
- 20 Aug 2015:Around one in seven, or 1.1 billion people, don't have access to electricity, and almost 3 billion still cook with polluting fuels like kerosene, wood, charcoal, and dung.
- India is progressing well along its ambitious renewable energy transmission network program.
- Britain and Germany will line up on opposite sides of a European Union green energy debate starting next month on how to meet agreed renewable energy targets for the next decade.
- 17 Aug 2015:Power-hungry operations save nearly $20 per megawatt hour using the sun and wind.
- Investors are sweating over falling oil prices. Renewable energy executives, somewhat counterintuitively, are keeping their cool.
- 29 Jul 2015:If a city knows what intersections are full of smog, it could add trees or change stop light schedules to improve the air its citizens breathe.
- 20 Jul 2015:
- 17 Jul 2015:A $20 billion joint venture aimed at Indian renewable energy is the latest sign of fresh investment in the sector as Prime Minister Narendra Modi seeks to aggressively boost output.
- Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott seems determined to push his country back decades on environmental policy. In his latest scheme, Abbott has ordered Australia's Clean Energy Finance Corporation to stop investing in wind and small-scale solar energy.
- Department of Energy and Climate Change has already overspent its budget to support renewable energy projects
- 3 Jul 2015:Air Force officials paid a contractor $19 million - and is scheduled ultimately to pay another $115 million - to reduce energy consumption at Joint Base McGuire in New Jersey without making sure the work was actually done and whether it made any difference.
- Here's a bit of energizing news: In 2014, for the first time in four decades, the global economy grew along with energy demand without an increase in global carbon emissions.
- According to industry sources, Hanwha Q Cells is expected to complete its solar cell and module factories this year and become number one in the global solar module sector as early as next year.
- Tesla Motors' second-quarter sales jumped 52%, higher than the company had forecast, giving the Silicon Valley auto maker important momentum ahead of the debut of its Model X sport-utility later this year.
- 29 Jun 2015:Bill Gates plans to double investment in green energy technology and research to combat climate change, but rejects calls to divest from fossil fuels
- 23 Jun 2015:By the end of this year India may break into the top 10 solar power markets, in terms of installed capacity, as the South Asian giant has now crossed 4 GW of installed solar power capacity.
- Does the law of Florida discriminate against solar power companies?
- Podemos worked with Robert Pollin on plan that they say could create hundreds of thousands of jobs and would be self-financing.
- 18 Jun 2015:Rising green energy levies 'risk public backlash' (Jun 17) - telegraph.com.uk (USE Daily Telegraph (UK))Efforts to combat climate change could be jeopardised by a backlash against the rising costs of green levies on energy bills, IPPR think-tank says
- 12 Jun 2015:Renewable Energy Trust Capital, a clean-energy financing provider, is borrowing C$66 million ($54 million) to help fund its acquisition of a 14.1-megawatt Canadian Solar power plant in Ontario.
- 26 May 2015:Employment in the global renewable energy industry has increased by over one million jobs during the past year, according to a new report released by the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA). 7.7 million people are now employed in renewable energy, an 18 percent increase on last year's 6.5 million.
- 19 May 2015:Yingli Green Energy's recently filed 20-F annual filing included the dreaded line, "There is substantial doubt as to our ability to continue as a going concern." A third consecutive year of losses and $2.1 billion in debt has finally brought up real concern that the company can't survive very long into the future.
- Warren Buffett highlights how his Berkshire Hathaway utilities make massive investments in renewable energy. Meanwhile, in Nevada, the company is fighting a plan that would encourage more residents to use green power.
- Yingli has accumulated short-term and long-term debt of around US$2 billion and hasn't reported a profitable quarter since 2011.
- 24 Apr 2015:In normal daylight, the big tanks used to store Noble Energy Inc.'s petroleum looked solid enough. But when regulators examined them through thermal cameras, they made a startling discovery: Noxious pollutants escaped from the tanks like smoke from a chimney.
- Japan's government has proposed making nuclear energy account for between 20-22% of the country's electricity mix by 2030.
- Tough new environmental rules and cheap energy prices are heightening the battle between coal miners and natural-gas pumpers over which fuel will dominate the U.S. power market.
- Energy storage will be increasingly important in the years to come -- and not just because of electric cars. As intermittent renewable energy sources like sun (sometimes it's dark) or wind (sometimes it's still) power ramp up, energy storage will allow consumers to take advantage of their captured power whenever they need it. And that's where General Electric Company isn't giving up ground.
- 21 Apr 2015:The future of American energy, according to one widely held view, will include solar panels and wind turbines continuing to proliferate, churning out ever more electricity and eventually eclipsing fossil fuels to help offset the forces of climate change.
- 7 Apr 2015:Tidal energy to produce electricity is the wave of the future. Thailand will get on board eventually, but in typical fashion, will follow the crowd and wind up being 10-25 years behind the countries at the vanguard.
- Starting in June, defense companies including Thales SA and Multicon Solar AG will join NATO to test the military's ability to use renewable power in combat and humanitarian operations.
- Shares in Toshiba fell nearly 5% on Monday after the company said it was looking into possible accounting irregularities, its second investigation into its bookkeeping practices in less then two years.
- 31 Mar 2015:This month, Costa Rica's state-run electricity company announced that the country had gone 75 days using only renewable resources for electricity.
- 24 Mar 2015:Companies to issue US$30 billion in "green bonds" this year, S&P reports (mar 23) - International Bussiness TimesElectric utilities, real estate firms and other companies could issue a record $30 billion in "green bonds" this year, Standard & Poor's Rating Services said Monday.
- Costa Rica is running without having to burn a single fossil fuel, and it's been doing so for 75 straight days.
- 20 Mar 2015:Obama administration wants more renewable energy, tighter pollution controls on public lands (Mar 17) - Washington PostThe Obama administration will seek tougher standards for companies extracting oil, gas and coal on taxpayer-owned land during its remaining months in office, even as it pushes for expanded solar and wind projects, Interior Secretary Sally Jewell said Tuesday.
- BIG SUN iPV Solar Tracker provides high reliability and high profit
- BIG SUN and SAS sign iPV Solar Tracker exclusive distribution agreement for Germany and Italy
- Brand new fuel cell ferry in full service
- Armed with strong system integration capabilities, Tatung launches smart green building solutions
- Heraeus Photovoltaics consolidates research and development in US
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
The 2015 Photonics Festival in Taiwan is taking place in Taipei during June 16-18, with more than 500 exhibitors showcasing the latest optoelectronics...
Big firms from other sectors are also playing the PV game
The solar energy market is recovering.
Latest developments in PV pricing.
Taiwan-based crystalline silicon solar cell makers have been impacted by the US imposing an average...
Digitimes recently interviewed Bert Gyselinckx, general manager of the Holst Centre in Eindhoven, to...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
GaAs solar material maker Alta Devices boasts solar cells with an efficiency of 28.8%, but perhaps...