- 3 Feb 2015:Sharp will sell its Recurrent solar operation to a US unit of Canadian Solar for US$265 million, or 13% less than it paid five years ago, in the latest move to scale back operations outside Japan.
- 26 Jan 2015:For more than a year now, an enormous solar thermal power plant has been humming along in the Arizona desert, sending out power as needed, even well after sunset.
- 23 Jan 2015:A new report investigating the importance of public opinion and policy priority on renewable energy development has concluded "winning community consent is the only sustainable way to deliver affordable, green energy to the UK in the long term."
- There's a shareholder resolution being presented to BP and Shell in the current round of annual meetings, one that asks them to invest more in renewable energy.
- 19 Jan 2015:Monhegan faces challenges as stark as its beauty. Foremost among them - and the spur for the journey to Denmark - is dependence on expensive, dirty fuels for heating and electricity.
- 15 Jan 2015:Mines from the Americas to Africa and Australia are slowly becoming unlikely hotspots for the production and use of green energy.
- A broad Florida coalition of business, conservative and conservation groups came together Wednesday for a public petition drive aimed at amending the state's constitution to promote solar energy in Florida.
- 9 Jan 2015:Narendra Modi government to raise US$25 billion for green energy funds (Jan 8) - International Bussiness TimesThe Narendra Modi-led Indian government is planning to raise $25 billion through five funds to promote "green energy" sources, according to a report by Mint, an Indian daily, which cited an unnamed government official.
- 30 Dec 2014:Norway's state-owned power company Statkraft announced earlier in the month that it intends to invest heavily in renewable energy both in Norway and abroad, to the tune of 60 billion kroner, or just over $8 billion USD.
- With end of year lists dominated by things like gadgets and movies and music we reflect on our favourite Green Energy Futures stories of 2014.
- 29 Dec 2014:One utility that has been on the forefront of solar power is Tucson, Arizona-based Tucson Electric Power (TEP). It's no surprise that the utility with more than 400,000 ratepayers has now stepped into the residential solar business.
- Share0 Share via Email If you are driving east on Summit Avenue and the sun's angle is just right, you might glimpse solar panels on the roof of St. Paul United Church of Christ.
- 18 Dec 2014:It has been a near-magical tool allowing corporations to claim massive reductions in greenhouse gas emissions for very little cost.
- 17 Dec 2014:The nation's largest biodiesel producer ended the third quarter with $128.6 million in cash (more than it started with), over $1 billion in total assets, and a fair book value just north of $16 per share (compared to current share prices under $10).
- 11 Dec 2014:Ram Power is a geothermal developer. Like many geothermal developers before it (Remember Nevada Geothermal?), the company had been overly optimistic about the potential of its geothermal resources.
- Was green energy just a fad? With cheap oil, Americans buy gas guzzlers again (Dec 10) - The GuardianOil is down to $2.67 a gallon, so Americans are buying a lot more SUVs and pickup trucks. Are US drivers giving up on renewable energy while gas prices are low?
- 9 Dec 2014:Suddenly cheap oil prices may spur economic re-calculations across the board, but many analysts are sticking with a still-sunny outlook for renewable energy take up.
- 5 Dec 2014:Germany's US$132 billion green energy lead is fortified by EON's split with fossil fuels (Dec 2) - BloombergEON SE (EOAN)'s plan to spin off its fossil-fuel plants marks a watershed moment in Germany's renewables effort that will likely bolster the country's already leading position in clean energy.
- NDP MP who co-owns renewable energy business gets inside information on government green spending (Dec 3) - National PostA New Democrat MP who is president and co-owner of a renewable energy business has been using his parliamentary privilege to have the federal government document all of its spending on green energy since 2006.
- Canada's oil corporations have made a profitable mess of the country: it's time to put them under public, democratic control.
- Between 2009-2013, employment in Canada's clean energy sector increased by 37 percent - meaning it now supplies more jobs than the country's infamous tar sands, according to a new report.
- The fashionista is selling a solar-powered jacket so that you can keep your phone charged ... assuming, of course, that the sun is shining.
- 2 Dec 2014:Apple made the pledge. So did Google and Facebook. But Amazon stayed silent.
- 1 Dec 2014:A couple of years ago, the smart money was on wind. In 2012, 13 gigawatts worth of wind-powered electricity generation capacity was installed in the United States, enough to meet the needs of roughly three million homes.
- 25 Nov 2014:For the solar and wind industries in the United States, it has been a long-held dream: to produce energy at a cost equal to conventional sources like coal and natural gas.
- Here, instead of Jamba Juice you get Joshua trees. The only living things you might bump into are bighorn sheep and cottontail rabbits, and, once the sun sets, every star in the sky pops with laser clarity.
- 18 Nov 2014:Now that voters have cleaned house, will the new Congress make sweeping changes to the subsidies given to energy companies?
- Nanotechnology could dramatically improve energy storage for electronics, cars, and buildings.
- 7 Nov 2014:While our policymakers in Washington, D.C., may think that energy has become an overly partisan issue, voters across the nation broadly support many energy-related measures.
- Utility Southern California Edison announced that it will acquire 2200 megawatts (MW) of new power generation assets, of which 250 MW will be energy storage systems.
- 6 Nov 2014:Next year's GOP-controlled Senate is expected to come out strongly against President Barack Obama 's most consequential energy and environment policies.
- Germany is home to solar-powered football stadiums and funfairs but the country's renewable energy future still faces obstacles.
- 4 Nov 2014:It seems that it is not just towns in New South Wales that are looking to meet all their own electricity needs with renewable energy - a small township in Victoria is also looking to become 100% renewable within a decade.
- 31 Oct 2014:If you live in Louisiana, you likely use more than twice as much electricity as the average New Yorker does each month.
- We started by developing and building a small portfolio of 10MW to prove our investment thesis. Now we are working on a portfolio of 400MW - that's enough power to supply roughly 125,000 average US homes, and in a couple of years we expect to grow our portfolio large enough to generate power for the equivalent of a third of Manhattan.
- 28 Oct 2014:Developing countries begin to take lead in green energy growth (Oct 28) - Financial Times (USE The Financial Times)The growth rate of wind farms and solar plants in China, India and an array of smaller developing countries is starting to outpace that in many of the world's richest nations.
- The Australian government has never hidden its scepticism about climate change or renewable energy but its decision last week to cut support for cleaner energy sources still left the renewable energy industry reeling.
- 24 Oct 2014:REC Solar ASA to supply for PV panels totaling 300 MW to Recurrent Energy for projects in California (Oct 24) - Solar ServerREC Group (Oslo, Norway) has closed two supply agreements with Recurrent Energy, LLC (San Francisco, California, U.S.).
- 21 Oct 2014:Review to be conducted before December as Coalition attempts to broker deal on winding back of renewable energy target.
- 14 Oct 2014:Taiwan's biggest solar wafer maker by capacity, Green Energy Technology, is in talks to manage a competitor's plants as part of industry consolidation spurred by global oversupply.
- BIG SUN and SAS sign iPV Solar Tracker exclusive distribution agreement for Germany and Italy
- Brand new fuel cell ferry in full service
- Armed with strong system integration capabilities, Tatung launches smart green building solutions
- Heraeus Photovoltaics consolidates research and development in US
- Heraeus Photovoltaics features SOL9620 Series and the SOL9621 Series at Intersolar N.A. 2014
The 2015 Photonics Festival in Taiwan is taking place in Taipei during June 16-18, with more than 500 exhibitors showcasing the latest optoelectronics...
Big firms from other sectors are also playing the PV game
The solar energy market is recovering.
Latest developments in PV pricing.
Taiwan-based crystalline silicon solar cell makers have been impacted by the US imposing an average...
Digitimes recently interviewed Bert Gyselinckx, general manager of the Holst Centre in Eindhoven, to...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
GaAs solar material maker Alta Devices boasts solar cells with an efficiency of 28.8%, but perhaps...