- 10 Sep 2015:As the markets are recovering from the incredible volatility in August, stocks that were hit hard during this dip included those in alternative energy. However, one key analyst sees a buying opportunity for this segment. A new Oppenheimer report details where the firm thinks these companies are and what direction they stand to go.
- Solar panel installations in the U.S. reached about 1.4 gigawatts during the second quarter of this year, reflecting falling costs and a rush to complete projects ahead of a shrinking tax credit, says a report released Wednesday.
- The market to install solar panels on the roofs of homes in the U.S. set another record in the second quarter of this year, indicating a shift in the U.S. solar panel industry towards home owners and consumers.
- A case study from the US shows benefits of using clean and renewable energy to power up home and cars outweigh costs, reports The Huffington Post.
- 8 Sep 2015:For the first half of 2015, the renewable energy sector appeared unstoppable, as costs around the world plunged and installed capacity soared.
- GCL-Poly Energy Holdings Ltd., the Hong Kong-based maker of polysilicon and wafers used to make solar cells, plans to sell its non-solar power business for 3.2 billion yuan ($503 million). Its shares rose.
- 4 Sep 2015:For at least the last thirty years the alternative energy industry has been claiming they are almost ready to be economically competitive with fossil fuel.
- Three people were charged Thursday with running a $54 million Ponzi scheme built on promises of a green energy technology that would turn trash into fuel and "carbon-negative" housing developments, neither of which were ever fully developed, federal prosecutors said.
- 1 Sep 2015:Kenya and Turkey have exceeded forecasts for harnessing geothermal energy, but other developing countries, including Indonesia and the Philippines, are lagging behind on leveraging the renewable power source, a new analysis shows.
- A British company has announced plans for an array of unique marine turbines that can operate in shallower and slower-moving water than current designs.
- A new report from the Department of Energy found that the cost of wind energy is now at an all-time low.
- 31 Aug 2015:President Obama flew west into the blistering sun of this desert oasis on Monday not so much to issue a dour warning about the dangers of climate change - moralizing does not become this freewheeling city - but to speak with great hope about solar and other renewable forms of energy.
- 20 Aug 2015:Around one in seven, or 1.1 billion people, don't have access to electricity, and almost 3 billion still cook with polluting fuels like kerosene, wood, charcoal, and dung.
- India is progressing well along its ambitious renewable energy transmission network program.
- Britain and Germany will line up on opposite sides of a European Union green energy debate starting next month on how to meet agreed renewable energy targets for the next decade.
- 17 Aug 2015:Power-hungry operations save nearly $20 per megawatt hour using the sun and wind.
- Investors are sweating over falling oil prices. Renewable energy executives, somewhat counterintuitively, are keeping their cool.
- 29 Jul 2015:If a city knows what intersections are full of smog, it could add trees or change stop light schedules to improve the air its citizens breathe.
- 20 Jul 2015:
- 17 Jul 2015:A $20 billion joint venture aimed at Indian renewable energy is the latest sign of fresh investment in the sector as Prime Minister Narendra Modi seeks to aggressively boost output.
- Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott seems determined to push his country back decades on environmental policy. In his latest scheme, Abbott has ordered Australia's Clean Energy Finance Corporation to stop investing in wind and small-scale solar energy.
- Department of Energy and Climate Change has already overspent its budget to support renewable energy projects
- 3 Jul 2015:Air Force officials paid a contractor $19 million - and is scheduled ultimately to pay another $115 million - to reduce energy consumption at Joint Base McGuire in New Jersey without making sure the work was actually done and whether it made any difference.
- Here's a bit of energizing news: In 2014, for the first time in four decades, the global economy grew along with energy demand without an increase in global carbon emissions.
- According to industry sources, Hanwha Q Cells is expected to complete its solar cell and module factories this year and become number one in the global solar module sector as early as next year.
- Tesla Motors' second-quarter sales jumped 52%, higher than the company had forecast, giving the Silicon Valley auto maker important momentum ahead of the debut of its Model X sport-utility later this year.
- 29 Jun 2015:Bill Gates plans to double investment in green energy technology and research to combat climate change, but rejects calls to divest from fossil fuels
- 23 Jun 2015:By the end of this year India may break into the top 10 solar power markets, in terms of installed capacity, as the South Asian giant has now crossed 4 GW of installed solar power capacity.
- Does the law of Florida discriminate against solar power companies?
- Podemos worked with Robert Pollin on plan that they say could create hundreds of thousands of jobs and would be self-financing.
- 18 Jun 2015:Rising green energy levies 'risk public backlash' (Jun 17) - telegraph.com.uk (USE Daily Telegraph (UK))Efforts to combat climate change could be jeopardised by a backlash against the rising costs of green levies on energy bills, IPPR think-tank says
- 12 Jun 2015:Renewable Energy Trust Capital, a clean-energy financing provider, is borrowing C$66 million ($54 million) to help fund its acquisition of a 14.1-megawatt Canadian Solar power plant in Ontario.
- 26 May 2015:Employment in the global renewable energy industry has increased by over one million jobs during the past year, according to a new report released by the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA). 7.7 million people are now employed in renewable energy, an 18 percent increase on last year's 6.5 million.
- 19 May 2015:Yingli Green Energy's recently filed 20-F annual filing included the dreaded line, "There is substantial doubt as to our ability to continue as a going concern." A third consecutive year of losses and $2.1 billion in debt has finally brought up real concern that the company can't survive very long into the future.
- Warren Buffett highlights how his Berkshire Hathaway utilities make massive investments in renewable energy. Meanwhile, in Nevada, the company is fighting a plan that would encourage more residents to use green power.
- Yingli has accumulated short-term and long-term debt of around US$2 billion and hasn't reported a profitable quarter since 2011.
- 24 Apr 2015:In normal daylight, the big tanks used to store Noble Energy Inc.'s petroleum looked solid enough. But when regulators examined them through thermal cameras, they made a startling discovery: Noxious pollutants escaped from the tanks like smoke from a chimney.
- Japan's government has proposed making nuclear energy account for between 20-22% of the country's electricity mix by 2030.
- Tough new environmental rules and cheap energy prices are heightening the battle between coal miners and natural-gas pumpers over which fuel will dominate the U.S. power market.
- Energy storage will be increasingly important in the years to come -- and not just because of electric cars. As intermittent renewable energy sources like sun (sometimes it's dark) or wind (sometimes it's still) power ramp up, energy storage will allow consumers to take advantage of their captured power whenever they need it. And that's where General Electric Company isn't giving up ground.
- Accumulating comprehensive smart living achievements, Tatung is devoted to building smart green communities
- Tatung stands out at 2016 Smart City Summit & Expo with its three top Smart Living accomplishments
- BIG SUN iPV Solar Tracker provides high reliability and high profit
- BIG SUN and SAS sign iPV Solar Tracker exclusive distribution agreement for Germany and Italy
- Brand new fuel cell ferry in full service
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
The US government is reviewing anti-dumping tariffs imposed on China and Taiwan solar firms since December 2014.
The 2015 Photonics Festival in Taiwan is taking place in Taipei during June 16-18, with more than 500 exhibitors showcasing the latest optoelectronics...
Big firms from other sectors are also playing the PV game
The solar energy market is recovering.
Taiwan-based crystalline silicon solar cell makers have been impacted by the US imposing an average...
Digitimes recently interviewed Bert Gyselinckx, general manager of the Holst Centre in Eindhoven, to...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
GaAs solar material maker Alta Devices boasts solar cells with an efficiency of 28.8%, but perhaps...