- 26 Apr 2013:Researchers believe they have come up with a new type of LED-powered streetlamp that could radically reduce light pollution.
- 24 Apr 2013:
- 23 Apr 2013:Philips, the world's biggest lighting maker, has reported a 38% jump in first quarter LED sales from a year earlier.
- 19 Apr 2013:
- The Municipal Solid-State Street Lighting Consortium has released its Model Specification for Adaptive Control and Remote Monitoring of LED Roadway Luminaires aimed at helping municipalities and utilities maximize energy savings.
- 17 Apr 2013:
- 16 Apr 2013:Increased spending in NAND and flash by Micron, LEDs by Philips and Osram, and continued investments by Globalfoundries will create new opportunities for equipment and materials suppliers in Southeast Asia.
- Digital convergence is rapidly coming to lighting as component makers pave the way for customizable, networked lamps.
- 15 Apr 2013:China's economic growth slowed unexpectedly in the first quarter, raising concerns that a recovery that started in the second half of last year is already losing steam.
- 27 Mar 2013:
- 26 Mar 2013:
- 25 Mar 2013:
- 22 Mar 2013:
- 19 Mar 2013:
- 18 Mar 2013:Each time in recent years that the Federal Reserve has paused in its efforts to stimulate the economy, it has come to regret the decision as premature.
- 15 Mar 2013:
- The EUR11.8 million (US$15 million) pan-Europe NEWLED project is aiming to develop a new generation of 50-60% energy efficient white light-emitting LED lights, which would be more than twice as efficient as existing LED-based bulbs.
- 14 Mar 2013:
- 13 Mar 2013:
- Cree Lighting and Philips Lighting both announced 60W-equivalent LED lamps at less than US$15, but the companies took decidedly different design approaches to the SSL retrofits.
- 12 Mar 2013:Philips invites developers to write apps for Hue wireless LED light bulbs (March 11) - MIT Technology ReviewPhilips today introduced a software development kit for a brand of its LED light bulbs. The APIs let programmers write custom iOS applications for Hue, bulbs that connect to a home network and can be controlled from a smart phone or iPad.
- 11 Mar 2013:Some of the brightest new technology for cars involves lighting, such as high-intensity LED headlights, but lagging regulatory approval is leaving US drivers in the dark.
- 8 Mar 2013:
- 7 Mar 2013:A four-year contract to install LED lighting across the transport network in Paris will see work begin in April this year.
- 6 Mar 2013:
- After an earlier complaint against Nichia was rejected, Everlight has uncovered additional details to bolster its claim that fictitious results were included in a Nichia patent application.
- 5 Mar 2013:
- 4 Mar 2013:
- 27 Feb 2013:
- The California Energy Commission has worked with research originating at the California Lighting Technology Center to publish an LED lamp quality specification that SSL manufacturers will have to follow for products to qualify for utility incentives.
- 22 Feb 2013:
- 8 Feb 2013:
- One in five China-based LED lighting companies may fail this year as falling prices and oversupply batter an industry that Beijing bankrolled to try to build an energy-efficient future.
- Digitimes Research: August LED bulb prices drop sequentially in China
- Digitimes Research: US$30 to be competitive price for 5.5-inch sapphire covers to be adopted by smartphone vendors other than Apple in 2015
- Digitimes Research: GTAT estimated to supply up to 1.35-2.25 million 5.5-inch iPhone sapphire covers in 2014
- Genesis Photonics finds way to Blue Ocean through high-power, flip-chip LED technology
- Digitimes Research: LED edge-lit 50-inch and above size LCD TV panels in high demand
- The bright future of Taiwan optoelectronics industry
- Global LED lighting market will be worth US$25.4 billion in 2013, says new report from Digitimes Research
- Interview with AZZURRO Semiconductors CEO Erwin Wolf: Mass production of 200mm GaN-on-Si wafer will drive significant shift of LED market
- Linear announces synchronous buck LED driver controller
- iWatt targets high power density in ultra-small overall adapter size with new devices
- ViewSonic announces ultra-portable LED projector line
- Chimei expects LED models to account for over 30% of its monitor revenues in 2010
- Photonics Festival in Taiwan: Everlight showcases LED agriculture lamps
Latest developments of Lextar.
LED firms have reported significant sales for March
Epistar's chairman has expressed optimism about the LED industry in the next three years.
Demand for LED lighting products-including spot lights, LED luminaries, street lights, LED light bulbs and fluorescent tubes-will reach 90 million in...
With increasing competition from AMOLED, TFT LCD display manufacturers are beginning to look to quantum...
While mid-power LED chips account for only a small proportion of LED lighting currently, the proportion...
GaN-on-Si is a new technology that has the potential to replace sapphire substrates in the LED supply...
Despite the fact the penetration rate of LED backlight units (BLUs) in TVs has been increasing continuously,...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...
- Overview of LCD TV market - May 2010
When the economic recession hit at the end of 2008, the LCD TV market seemed to be heading toward a doomsday scenario in 2009; however, demand turned out to be...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2007
In addition to pure display makers such as Amtran, Chi Mei, HANNspree, Taiwan-based home appliance makers such as Tatung, Proton, Kolin, several major IT makers...
- Taiwan's display system makers - Jun 2006
Taiwan-based display makers come from a variety of areas in the IT industry, from Compal, which is best known for producing notebooks, to Premier, which also produces...