- 15 May 2013:
- 16 Apr 2013:Increased spending in NAND and flash by Micron, LEDs by Philips and Osram, and continued investments by Globalfoundries will create new opportunities for equipment and materials suppliers in Southeast Asia.
- 8 Mar 2013:
- 30 Nov 2012:
- 19 Oct 2012:
- 14 Aug 2012:
- 9 Aug 2012:In the presence of high-ranking representatives of the Jiangsu province, OSRAM AG laid the foundation of its new plant in the Chinese city of Wuxi.
- 10 Jul 2012:
- 3 Feb 2012:
- 17 Jan 2012:
- 15 Dec 2011:
- 10 Nov 2011:
- 2 Nov 2011:
- 21 Oct 2011:Outdoor lighting: Osram lights Portugal streets, Cooper launches new LED light engine - LEDs MagazineStreet-light-manufacturer Schréder has supplied SSL luminaires to Arraiolos, Portugal based on Osram LEDs, while Cooper Lighting has introduced a new version of its LightBAR that primarily targets outdoor lighting.
- 18 Oct 2011:
- 13 Oct 2011:
- 11 Oct 2011:
- 29 Sep 2011:LG Electronics Inc. and component-making unit LG Innotek Co. said on Wednesday that they filed a lawsuit with a South Korean court on Tuesday seeking an injunction blocking local branches of Germany's BMW AG and Audi AG from selling vehicles equipped with lighting products made by Osram AG, which the Korean companies allege infringe their patents.
- 21 Sep 2011:The general market slowdown in lighting is affecting companies in all parts of the supply chain, delaying Siemens' intended initial public offering of Osram, while public companies take a hit in the stock market.
- 1 Sep 2011:Retailers expect a sharp rise in the cost of the traditional 60W light bulb as European-wide legislation preventing their production or import takes effect on September 1.
- Osram AG (Munich, Germany), the lighting subsidiary of Siemens AG, is celebrating the opening of a pilot-line manufacturing plant for organic light-emitting diodes (OLEDs).
- 30 Aug 2011:OSRAM Opto Semiconductors has introduced IR OSLON SFH 4715S, a compact infrared LED with nanostack chip technology. The IR LED provides optical power of over a watt.
- 24 Aug 2011:
- German high-tech lighting manufacturer Osram gmbh and its subsidiary, Osram Opto Semiconductors, filed multiple lawsuits in South Korea against companies controlled by LG Electronics Inc. and Samsung LED Co. Ltd., claiming that the companies are infringing core Osram patents.
- 19 Aug 2011:
- 29 Jul 2011:
- 22 Jul 2011:Osram Opto Semiconductors says its new infrared III-V CHIPLEDs are ideal for small and medium size touch displays.
- 21 Jul 2011:
- 18 Jul 2011:Samsung LED Co Ltd said it had filed a complaint with the US fair trade commission to ban imports of LED products from Siemens' light bulb unit Osram and affiliates Osram Opto Semiconductors and Osram Sylvania Inc.
- 13 Jul 2011:LG is seeking to prevent the importation of Osram LED products into Korea, while the ITC has agreed to investigate Osram's complaints against both LG and Samsung. Meanwhile, Nichia has filed a lawsuit against a DIY retailer in Germany.
- 16 Jun 2011:Lighting manufacturer Osram has reported new R&D results for OLED development, including a laboratory sample with an efficacy of 87 lm/W.
- 13 Jun 2011:
- 7 Jun 2011:Siemens lightbulb unit Osram is suing the Samsung and LG groups of companies for alleged infringement of patents on light emitting diodes (LED) technology, the German group said on Monday.
- 3 Jun 2011:
- 24 May 2011:
- 17 May 2011:
- 29 Apr 2011:
- 19 Jan 2011:
- Digitimes Research: Notebook vendors and ODMs post shipment gains in November
- Digitimes Research: Global LCD TV shipments to reach 213 million units in 2014
- Digitimes Research: Global AIO PC shipments to grow 4.9% in 2014
- Digitimes Research: Taiwan top foundries to see combined revenues decrease in 4Q13
- GIGABYTE announces 'Feel the Force' OC contest winners
- Internet of Things to provide new business opportunities and enable business model changes
- Oracle Day 2013 Taipei Demonstrates B2B Mobile Marketing
- MOEA recognizes alliances between foreign and Taiwanese IT firms for creating new value
- Advantech Accelerates Intelligent Video Designs with Complete Solutions
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
ChipMOS Technologies is among very few firms that have transformed themselves successfully and are...
Chunghwa Telecom (CHT), Taiwan Mobile (TWM) and Far EasTone Telecommunications (FET), the three largest...
Smartphone ODM Arima Communications has decided to expand its product lines to include tablets, smart...
OCZ Technology shifted its corporate focus away from legacy DRAM memory modules in 2011, and has since...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...