- 21 Feb 2014:A smartwatch prototype based on Qualcomm's Toq device will be previewed to carriers at the Mobile World Congress trade show, with no plans to unveil the device publicly, the person said, asking not to be identified because the details haven't been released.
- 12 Feb 2014:The company's comments feel at once like a hedge against the possibility that Apple may release a watch in 2014, and also like an attempt to prove it can keep up with its Android rivals Samsung and LG.
- 4 Dec 2013:The UK High Court found in October that HTC had infringed Nokia's European patent number 0998024, described as a 'modular structure for a transmitter and a mobile station'. As a result, Judge Richard Arnold ruled today that HTC can no longer sell its One Mini smartphone in the UK.
- 31 Oct 2013:After hearing the case in the Patents Court in London, the judge decided that HTC had infringed on a European Patent held by Nokia entitled "Modulator structure for a transmitter and a mobile station", according to court documents.
- 22 Oct 2013:The chief executive of HTC has handed some operational duties to the company's chairman and co-founder, as the beleaguered Taiwanese smartphone maker tries to claw its way back to prominence in the hyper-competitive mobile sector.
- 30 Aug 2013:"HTC is developing a mobile-software system specifically for Chinese consumers..."
- 21 Aug 2013:
- 13 Aug 2013:
- 22 Jul 2013:"Effective immediately, in addition to his current duties in supporting me with global corporate strategy, [President of Global Sales] Jason Mackenzie will lead HTC America," company CEO Peter Chou told employees in an internal email Sunday. "[President of North America] Mike Woodward will lead Emerging Devices, a newly established business unit that will focus on innovative new HTC products and global distribution strategies."
- 17 Jul 2013:BYD has recently rolled out the new HTC One for HTC, the Ascend P6 for Huawei, the Lumia 1020 for Nokia and the Galaxy S4 mini for Samsung, media reports said.
- 2 Jul 2013:ABI Research reports that the average US implied subsidy for Samsung devices is 84% as compared to Apple 74% and HTC 80%.
- 24 Apr 2013:Finnish phone maker Nokia has won a court injunction banning HTC from using microphone parts made by STMicroelectronics in its flagship HTC One phones, in a move that will deepen the problems at the struggling Taiwanese handset company.
- 29 Mar 2013:The HTC One was successfully torn down, but the excessive use of glue, rather than screws, helped make this device the single most difficult cellphone ever disassembled.
- 20 Feb 2013:The new HTC One, shown exclusively to the BBC at the company's headquarters in Taiwan's capital Taipei weeks before its official launch, differs starkly from HTC's previous phones - and from many other smartphones currently on the market.
- 18 Feb 2013:HTC, Nokia, Motorola, LG face suit alleging misuse of semiconductor patent (February 12) - ComputerworldTela Innovations has filed patent infringement complaints against key mobile handset vendors, including LG, HTC, Nokia and Motorola Mobility.
- 6 Feb 2013:Is it an iPhone? An HTC? Surely not a Samsung! North Korean leader Kim Jong-un spotted with mystery mobile phone (February 5) - IndependentSamsung said it was 99% sure that the phone wasn't one of theirs, adding: "It looks more like an HTC model."
- 17 Dec 2012:HTC has scrapped plans to produce a large-screen smartphone using Microsoft's operating system because the screen would have had lower resolution than competing models, according to a person familiar with the project.
- 3 Dec 2012:The two companies are expected to ship an estimated 353 million smartphones and hold a combined 47% share of the total smartphone market in 2012. Smartphone suppliers under pressure include Nokia, RIM and HTC, each of which is expected to register steep double-digit year-over-year declines in smartphone unit sales this year.
- 22 Nov 2012:Some analysts said that the latest decision by the court, giving Samsung access to Apple's deal with HTC, may have a big impact on Samsung's legal battle with Apple.
- 3 Aug 2012:It's a little too soon to write off HTC.
- 13 Jul 2012:The smartphone momentum is clearly on the side of Samsung as HTC warns of another tough quarter.
- 5 Jul 2012:
- 19 Jun 2012:Apple and Samsung garner 50% of global smartphone market and 90% of its profits (June 15) - ABI ResearchAlthough smartphone shipments grew 41% year-over-year to 144.6 million as of the quarter ending March 2012, many smartphone OEMs are not enjoying the benefits of a rapidly expanding market. The question remains: can anyone break away to become a strong third in this market?
- 7 Jun 2012:
- 24 Apr 2012:
- 3 Apr 2012:
- 30 Mar 2012:Steve Jobs last war, the magazine argues, could do his company more harm than good.
- 20 Mar 2012:AT&T first confirmed plans to bring a version of the One X to the US but sadly it will be a dual-core handset, not HTC's cutting-edge device run by quad-core processors. Now a new rumor has surfaced with tech site s4ru.com claiming the phone will be scooped up by Sprint.
- 16 Mar 2012:Pragmatus files new 337 complaint regarding certain consumer electronics (March 15) - ITC 337 Law BlogPatent holding company Pragmatus has filed an ITC compaint against six electronics vendors including Samsung and HTC.
- 11 Jan 2012:Eastman Kodak Company has filed lawsuits against Apple and HTC, alleging the infringement of certain Kodak patents relating to digital imaging technology.
- 9 Jan 2012:The cost of patent lawsuits and a more competitive market weighed down Motorola Mobility's fourth quarter financial results, the company reported when releasing preliminary numbers.
- 23 Dec 2011:Smartphones are relatively new, but will likely follow the path of more mature electronics industries, in which "you typically see large cross-licensing agreements between the big players because they've all got lots of patents the others are infringing."
- 20 Dec 2011:
- 13 Dec 2011:
- 8 Dec 2011:Apple's 4S topped the list at all major carriers offering the device in the US, while the Samsung Galaxy S2 took the crown at T-Mobile. The S2 also came in second at Sprint and AT&T, sandwiched in between Apple's 4S and iPhone 4, while the Motorola Droid Razr and HTC Rezound rounded out the top three at Verizon, where the S2 is not sold.
- 28 Nov 2011:The announcement comes just weeks after HTC warned that its revenues could fall by much more the 8% in this quarter compared to the third quarter.
- 8 Nov 2011:
- 18 Oct 2011:
- 13 Oct 2011:Since Android OEMs entered the scene, mobile displays have undergone a major transformation. Makers like HTC, Samsung, LG and Motorola have adopted the 4.3-inch display size as a standard, and some have released even larger devices.
- 5 Oct 2011:Taiwan-based HTC (#98) made its first appearance in Interbrand's Best Global Brands report this year.
- MSI R9 290X LIGHTNING - built to be perfect
- Tatung aggressively expanding in Middle East: Smart energy-saving solutions showcased at Middle East Electricity 2014
- Fortrend Liquid Diamond layer provides anti-germ capability 4 times that of untreated glass
- W Hotel chooses EverFocus as a preferred Security System Provider
- Nimax 2014 new vision: customization and intelligentization
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Design Benefits of the MI/O Extension Solution
- Digitimes Research: Cortex-A17 to take over ARM high-end/mid-range 32-bit business
- A win-win situation for Toshiba and OCZ: Q&A with Alex Mei, CMO of OCZ Storage Solutions
- Is a US$25 smartphone possible?
- Digitimes Research: Apple triggers 64-bit AP battle
- Digitimes Research: MediaTek hikes turn-key value by virtue of Hotknot
- Intel unveils latest Education Tablet and Classmate PC
- AMD offers new 12- and 16-core additions to Opteron 6300 series
- CES 2014: Samsung unveils 12-inch tablet lineups
- CES 2014: HP unveils new 27-inch all-in-one workstation and new Android-based all-in-one PC
- CES 2014: LG unveils new wearable innovations
As part of Toshiba, OCZ Storage Solutions is able to leverage Toshiba's NAND and combine it with its...
While Digitimes is known as a media outlet, the company also includes a business unit that solely focuses...
ChipMOS Technologies is among very few firms that have transformed themselves successfully and are...
Chunghwa Telecom (CHT), Taiwan Mobile (TWM) and Far EasTone Telecommunications (FET), the three largest...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...