- 23 Jul 2015:China's Tsinghua Holdings is still discussing a potential deal to buy US chipmaker Micron Technology and hopes it could eventually go through, the state-backed investment company's chairman told Reuters on Thursday.
- 30 Jun 2015:Hedge fund Jana Partners said in April Qualcomm should spin off the chip business from its patent-licensing business to improve shareholder value, calling the chip business "essentially worthless".
- 11 Jun 2015:Meng has 30 years of telecommunications experience, eight of those with Qualcomm, which included serving as senior vice president and president of Qualcomm Greater China from 2008 to 2010.
- 8 Jun 2015:Applied Materials announced that its board of directors has elected Willem Roelandts as chairman effective immediately. Roelandts succeeds Michael Splinter, who has retired from the board.
- 27 May 2015:China's Spreadtrum Communications will use Intel's 14nm FinFET process technology for both the low- and high-end mobile chips the company plans to launch in 2016, according to Spreadtrum chairman and CEO Leo Li.
- 17 Feb 2015:Alibaba's Chairman Jack Ma has reportedly delivered some disappointing news to staffers this week as the Chinese Lunar New Year approaches: don't expect a traditional red envelope.
- 7 Mar 2014:Qualcomm has announced the management transition of Steve Mollenkopf to CEO and Paul E. Jacobs to executive chairman of the board of directors.
- 28 Jan 2014:Sir John Buchanan, chairman of ARM, is preparing to step down from the role less than a year after the departure of long-term chief executive Warren East.
- 2 Dec 2013:South Korea's largest family-owned conglomerate, Samsung Group, on Monday promoted the group owner's daughter to president of its de-facto holding firm.
- 22 Nov 2013:
- 16 Aug 2013:Applied Materials' board of directors has appointed Gary Dickerson as president and chief executive officer (CEO) and Michael Splinter as executive chairman of the board of directors, effective September 1, 2013.
- 12 Jul 2013:Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said Wednesday the central bank will likely keep at least some of its easy-money policies going "for the foreseeable future."
- 21 Jun 2013:Markets plunged as Ben Bernanke, Fed chairman, said it would be "appropriate to moderate the monthly pace of purchases later this year" as long as the economy grows as expected.
- 6 Jun 2013:Japan's NHK network is scheduled to broadcast an animated documentary on TSMC at midnight Thursday, with TSMC's chairman and CEO, Morris Chang, depicted by the fictional character Shima Kosaku.
- 25 Apr 2013:
- 26 Feb 2013:
- 11 Jan 2013:
- 3 Jan 2013:
- 22 Nov 2012:The company Jolla, which counts four former Nokia engineers and directors among its five founders, presented its new operating system Sailfish in Helsinki and co-founder and chairman of the board Antti Saarnio promised to deliver "the world's best smartphone" by mid-2013.
- 14 Sep 2012:The new members added include Jackson Hu, chairman and CEO for NeoEnergy Microelectronics, Qiang Liu, chairman and CEO for Ingenic Semiconductor, and Vincent Tai, co-founder, chairman and CEO for RDA Microelectronics.
- 13 Sep 2012:Global Semiconductor Alliance appoints first director representing China (April 24) - Company releaseThe Global Semiconductor Alliance (GSA) has announced the appointment of Leo Li, chairman, CEO and president of Spreadtrum Communications, to its board of directors. In his new position, Li will represent Asia-Pacific as the first board director based in China.
- 21 Feb 2012:The chairman of South Korean electronics giant Samsung is being sued by his brother over a multi-million dollar inheritance of company shares.
- 8 Feb 2012:Four longtime Yahoo board members, including the chairman, are leaving the company.
- 4 Feb 2012:Micron Technology has announced the death of Chairman and CEO Steve Appleton in a small plane accident in Boise. Mr. President and COO Mark Durcan will assume the responsibilities of CEO until a successor is appointed.
- 30 Jan 2012:Nanya Chairman Chia Chau Wu told Reuters on Monday that he did not know of any deal between the other two companies and the company had no current intention to take part in any deal. He declined to comment on whether Nanya would welcome any such tie-up.
- 1 Dec 2011:
- 17 Nov 2011:
- 4 Nov 2011:The Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA) board of directors has elected Freescale Semiconductor CEO Rich Beyer as its 2012 chairman.
- 14 Oct 2011:The Japanese semiconductor industry, which has been in decline for more than 20 years, needs to select key technology areas and refocus to rise again, Junshi Yamaguchi, former chairman of Renesas Electronics, told the International Electronics Forum being organized here.
- 6 Oct 2011:TPK Holding: Steve Jobs is legend of consumer electronics industry (October 5) - Dow Jones (via The Wall Street Journal)Apple's major touchscreen supplier TPK Holding said Thursday Steven P. Jobs, chairman and co-founder of Apple, is a legend in the global consumer electronics industry. "Mr. Jobs revolutionized the human/machine interface. We really appreciate his contributions to the industry," said Chief Financial Officer Freddie Liu.
- 29 Sep 2011:Executive chairman appointed at Nokia Siemens Networks; Nokia and Siemens to provide new capital (September 29) - Company releaseNokia and Siemens have announced the appointment of Jesper Ovesen as Executive Chairman of the Board of Nokia Siemens Networks, effective today. The pair also announced that they are each providing capital of EUR500 million to Nokia Siemens Networks.
- 3 Aug 2011:While global semiconductor revenue is projected to expand by 7.2% in 2011, Walden Rhines, chairman and CEO of EDA vendor Mentor Graphics, sounds a note of caution about maintaining this growth in 2012.
- 28 Jul 2011:
- 16 Jul 2011:David Wang has resigned as CEO of Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. (SMIC), according to the China-based foundry, which named Wenyi Zhang chairman of the board of directors and acting CEO.
- 30 Jun 2011:Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. (SMIC) has announced that its chairman died. But shareholders rejected CEO David Wang's reappointment as a board director, and the company requested its shares be suspended from trading in Hong Kong pending the release of "price- sensitive" information.
- 30 May 2011:Kim Jong-kap, the former head of Hynix Semiconductor, has been named as new CEO and chairman of Siemens' Korean affiliate.
- 4 May 2011:Nokia board chairman Jorma Ollila said Tuesday that he would leave his post by the year 2012 as expected, but that he would not "throw in the towel" at the world's leading mobile phone maker before then.
- 24 Apr 2011:Robert Tsao, honorary chairman of United Microelectronics Corp. (UMC), said recently in a TV interview that he has given up his Taiwan citizenship. Disappointment in the domestic judicial system is the major reason why Tsao decided to become a Singaporean.
- 12 Apr 2011:Chinese silicon wafer producer Jiangsu Huantai, a joint venture partner of MEMC Electronic Materials, aims to go public in 2012, according to company chairman Wang Lubao. Huantai expects to begin manufacturing LED materials later in 2011.
- 25 Feb 2011:"Applied's solid first quarter was driven by continued strength in semiconductor systems and record profitability in solar," said Mike Splinter, company chairman and CEO. "We see momentum building in our end markets and expect our company's fiscal year revenue to be more than US$11 billion, exceeding our previous record by over a billion dollars."
- GrassWonder Selfie Robot opens up a value chain full of creativity
- Imagination joins 5G Innovation Centre to drive development of next-generation mobile data networks
- Conexant preps for growth in Asia Pacific region, expands into new facility
- Robotic Automation Propels Manufacturing Transformation
- Smart Taiwan Pavilion at MWC Shanghai: Exploring innovative Taiwan 4G mobile applications
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Digitimes Research: Shrinking tablet market prompts China touch panel supply chain to look for growth elsewhere
- Digitimes Research: Apple to push forward with In-Cell touch technology in 2015 but highly considering G/G for 2016
- Digitimes Research: Tsinghua Unigroup acquisition of Micron faces difficulties, but is a must for China for further development
- Digitimes Research: Qualcomm to push inexpensive mobile device market with Microsoft and Allwinner solutions
- Digitimes Research: Touch IC developers turning to fingerprint sensors
The acquisition of Freescale by NXP Semiconductors will make NXP the world's second largest MCU supplier...
Competition in the graphics card market has grown fierce as demand for graphics cards from the gaming...
Socionext, a Japan-based corporation focused on the design, development, and sales of system-on-chip...
Computex has evolved into one of the biggest and most important ICT trade shows in the world since...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...