- 8 Nov 2016:Amid anti-trust probe, Qualcomm says it will invest in a lab in Taiwan (Nov 7) - Nikkei Electronics AsiaReporters from Reuters and the Nikkei Asian Review were denied access to a post-event group interview with Qualcomm executive chairman Paul Jacobs, to which only journalists from Taiwan's local press were invited.
- 26 Sep 2016:"It is not possible for me to comment on (Samsung Note 7's explosions) as Samsung is a customer," MediaTek Chairman Tsai Ming-kai told reporters during a tech forum late Monday night. "We are also working hard to win business from Apple."
- 4 Aug 2016:After Samsung Electronics' success in selling components for rivals' smartphones, Vice Chairman Lee Jae Yong is considering a similar strategy for the world of automobiles.
- 26 Jul 2016:Tsinghua Unigroup Chairman Zhao Weiguo will be president of a new holding company for XMC called Yangtze River Storage Technology Co., people familiar with the matter said. Tsinghua Unigroup will own more than 50% of Yangtze River Storage, with other stakes held by the national chip fund and a fund backed by the Wuhan city government, they said.
- 22 Jun 2016:In a speech at the National Press Club Monday (June 20), FCC chairman Tom Wheeler called 5G "a national priority" and set July 14 as the date the FCC will vote on new rules to open up high-band spectrum for high-speed, low-latency 5G wireless applications.
- 10 May 2016:GSA announces appointment of Leo Li as chairman of the GSA board of directors (May 9) - Company releaseThe GSA Board chairman is a coveted position throughout the industry reserved for the most innovative leaders who represent the semiconductor industry's most active global regions. Dr. Li will be the first chairman to serve from mainland China.
- 9 May 2016:Beleaguered chipmaker Marvell Technology has announced it is appointed tech turnaround expert Richard S. Hill to be the chairman of its board of directors.
- 17 Apr 2016:Tsinghua Unigroup Chairman said the company has no intentions of buying Lattice Semiconductor after disclosing a 6% stake in the company.
- 1 Dec 2015:The new head of Samsung Electronics' phone business helped develop its mobile payment and security platforms, exemplifying Vice Chairman Lee Jae Yong's focus on software innovations as a way to gain distance from rival devices.
- Samsung Group vice Chairman Lee Jae Yong faces his first real test as the conglomerate's de facto leader, and it doesn't look good for executives at the mobile-phone division.
- 16 Nov 2015:Chairman Zhao Weiguo also told Reuters in an interview that Tsinghua Unigroup was in talks with a US-based company involved in the chip industry. A deal could be finalised as early as the end of this month.
- 12 Oct 2015:"We have cooperation with Micron on the business level," Unigroup Chairman Zhao Weiguo said in an interview Sunday, declining to elaborate on the nature of the cooperation. "We'd like to conduct business by cooperating with current memory giants, by setting up JV plants in China."
- 5 Oct 2015:The chairman of China's Tsinghua Unigroup traveled to the United States this week to meet with board members of Micron Technology and try to revive a politically fraught takeover bid of the US chipmaker, people familiar with the matter said.
- 26 Aug 2015:The new members added to the council include Leopold Beer, regional president Asia Pacific for Bosch Sensortec, Genda Hu, CEO of FocalTech Systems, Young Sohn, president and chief strategic officer of Samsung Electronics, Howard Yang, chairman and CEO of Montage Technology, and Charlie Zhi, president and CEO of Brite Semiconductor.
- 23 Jul 2015:China's Tsinghua Holdings is still discussing a potential deal to buy US chipmaker Micron Technology and hopes it could eventually go through, the state-backed investment company's chairman told Reuters on Thursday.
- 30 Jun 2015:Hedge fund Jana Partners said in April Qualcomm should spin off the chip business from its patent-licensing business to improve shareholder value, calling the chip business "essentially worthless".
- 11 Jun 2015:Meng has 30 years of telecommunications experience, eight of those with Qualcomm, which included serving as senior vice president and president of Qualcomm Greater China from 2008 to 2010.
- 8 Jun 2015:Applied Materials announced that its board of directors has elected Willem Roelandts as chairman effective immediately. Roelandts succeeds Michael Splinter, who has retired from the board.
- 27 May 2015:China's Spreadtrum Communications will use Intel's 14nm FinFET process technology for both the low- and high-end mobile chips the company plans to launch in 2016, according to Spreadtrum chairman and CEO Leo Li.
- 17 Feb 2015:Alibaba's Chairman Jack Ma has reportedly delivered some disappointing news to staffers this week as the Chinese Lunar New Year approaches: don't expect a traditional red envelope.
- 7 Mar 2014:Qualcomm has announced the management transition of Steve Mollenkopf to CEO and Paul E. Jacobs to executive chairman of the board of directors.
- 28 Jan 2014:Sir John Buchanan, chairman of ARM, is preparing to step down from the role less than a year after the departure of long-term chief executive Warren East.
- 2 Dec 2013:South Korea's largest family-owned conglomerate, Samsung Group, on Monday promoted the group owner's daughter to president of its de-facto holding firm.
- 22 Nov 2013:
- 16 Aug 2013:Applied Materials' board of directors has appointed Gary Dickerson as president and chief executive officer (CEO) and Michael Splinter as executive chairman of the board of directors, effective September 1, 2013.
- 12 Jul 2013:Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said Wednesday the central bank will likely keep at least some of its easy-money policies going "for the foreseeable future."
- 21 Jun 2013:Markets plunged as Ben Bernanke, Fed chairman, said it would be "appropriate to moderate the monthly pace of purchases later this year" as long as the economy grows as expected.
- 6 Jun 2013:Japan's NHK network is scheduled to broadcast an animated documentary on TSMC at midnight Thursday, with TSMC's chairman and CEO, Morris Chang, depicted by the fictional character Shima Kosaku.
- 25 Apr 2013:
- 26 Feb 2013:
- 11 Jan 2013:
- 3 Jan 2013:
- 22 Nov 2012:The company Jolla, which counts four former Nokia engineers and directors among its five founders, presented its new operating system Sailfish in Helsinki and co-founder and chairman of the board Antti Saarnio promised to deliver "the world's best smartphone" by mid-2013.
- 14 Sep 2012:The new members added include Jackson Hu, chairman and CEO for NeoEnergy Microelectronics, Qiang Liu, chairman and CEO for Ingenic Semiconductor, and Vincent Tai, co-founder, chairman and CEO for RDA Microelectronics.
- 13 Sep 2012:Global Semiconductor Alliance appoints first director representing China (April 24) - Company releaseThe Global Semiconductor Alliance (GSA) has announced the appointment of Leo Li, chairman, CEO and president of Spreadtrum Communications, to its board of directors. In his new position, Li will represent Asia-Pacific as the first board director based in China.
- 21 Feb 2012:The chairman of South Korean electronics giant Samsung is being sued by his brother over a multi-million dollar inheritance of company shares.
- 8 Feb 2012:Four longtime Yahoo board members, including the chairman, are leaving the company.
- 4 Feb 2012:Micron Technology has announced the death of Chairman and CEO Steve Appleton in a small plane accident in Boise. Mr. President and COO Mark Durcan will assume the responsibilities of CEO until a successor is appointed.
- 30 Jan 2012:Nanya Chairman Chia Chau Wu told Reuters on Monday that he did not know of any deal between the other two companies and the company had no current intention to take part in any deal. He declined to comment on whether Nanya would welcome any such tie-up.
- 1 Dec 2011:
- Picowork builds collaborative cloud environment, an essential tool for IoT and Industry 4.0 data communication
- UMC Enters Mass Production for 14nm Customer ICs
- Clientron to present its POS Solution at EuroShop 2017
- Entegris announces higher-purity gas purification system platform with expanded manufacturing in Asia
- Spirox resolved to propose termination of exclusive distributor agreement with Xcerra Corporation
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Note 7 issues may help Apple to regain number-1 crown in 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
Germany's Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology as well as Committee on Foreign Investment in...
Qualcomm agreed in late 2016 to buy NXP Semiconductor for about US$47 billion in the biggest-ever deal...
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
Gary Patton, a 30-year veteran in the semiconductor industry, joined Globalfoundries as CTO in July...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...