- 17 Mar 2015:China overtook Germany, France and the UK in exporting weapons between 2010 and 2014, said the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI).
- 10 Jan 2015:Germany's falling exports come on the back of weaker figures for industrial orders
- 14 Aug 2013:The German economy grew strongly in the second quarter, raising hopes that the eurozone has come out of recession.
- 6 Jun 2013:Japan is set to overtake Germany as the world's largest solar market by annual installations this year as government incentives to encourage clean energy in light of the Fukushima nuclear crisis attract investment.
- 5 Jun 2013:The Germany industries on June 4 expressed concerns over the EU's decision to impose provisional anti-dumping duties on China-made solar products.
- 4 Jun 2013:At least 14 times this year, thieves raided solar parks in Germany's Brandenburg state, carrying off tons of solar panels in a crime that's forcing investors in the world's biggest solar market to tighten security.
- 28 May 2013:Fearful of losing business in China, Germany, UK and the Netherlands are among at least 14 member states who oppose the sanctions, it was reported.
- 27 May 2013:German Chancellor Angela Merkel and China Premier Li Keqiang on Sunday called for an end to a trade row between Europe and China over solar panels and wireless equipment, telling a joint news conference they were both for free trade.
- 13 May 2013:
- 8 May 2013:German factory orders unexpectedly jumped for a second month in March 2013, suggesting Europe's largest economy is starting to grow again.
- 23 Apr 2013:
- 22 Apr 2013:
- 16 Apr 2013:German state bank KfW says it is ready to start support of storage systems for solar PV systems in early May.
- 25 Mar 2013:After months of speculation, Bosch has confirmed it will exit the crystalline solar sector.
- 11 Mar 2013:US polysilicon manufacturer Hemlock Semiconductor has lodged a claim against Deutsche Solar, claiming it has breached four long-term commitments to purchase polysilicon from the Michigan-based company.
- 30 Jan 2013:
- 7 Jan 2013:Globalfoundries borrows US$1 billion to boost German chip plant production (January 4) - Business ReviewGlobalfoundries has been awarded a US$1 billion loan from the Export-Import Bank of the US to ship American-made computer chip-making tools to its operation in Germany.
- 22 Dec 2012:Industrial conglomerate Siemens will cut an additional 1,100 jobs at its energy sector in Germany by 2014, a spokesman said Thursday.
- 29 Nov 2012:Nokia Siemens Networks, the wireless network joint venture of Nokia and Siemens, Thursday confirmed it will be closing a plant in Germany as part of a broader program to cut costs and jobs.
- 15 Nov 2012:
- 6 Nov 2012:
- 22 Oct 2012:
- 10 Sep 2012:
- 7 Sep 2012:As part of its reorganization process, Centrotherm has sold centrotherm SiTec GmbH's subsidiary, Michael Glatt Maschinenbau GmbH to Germany's Büechl Handels- und Beteiligungs-KG.
- 5 Sep 2012:Chinese government officials have used economic cooperation talks, between Germany and China, to raise the topic that a bilateral solution could be reached between the two countries to avoid a potential photovoltaic trade war.
- 3 Sep 2012:German Chancellor Angela Merkel has come out against the prospect of EU action against China over alleged dumping of solar products, calling for the dispute to be solved by talks rather than trade tariffs.
- 31 Aug 2012:According to German news agency, dpa, in a bid to ease political tensions, German Chancellor Angela Merkel (Christian Democratic Union) is hoping to find a solution to avoid a solar trade dispute between Europe and China.
- 30 Aug 2012:China's solar industry hopes that German Chancellor Angela Merkel's visit to Beijing on Thursday will help resolve disputes which may severely harm bilateral trade ties.
- Q-Cells has announced that the South Korea-based Hanwha Group has won its bid to take the insolvent Germany company over.
- 27 Aug 2012:
- 24 Aug 2012:
- 22 Aug 2012:Another German solar module maker, Sovello, has fallen victim to fierce global competition. Insolvency adminstrators say the firm based in eastern Germany's "solar valley" will stop production within the next two weeks.
- 13 Aug 2012:Globalfoundries, Applied Materials sign service agreement for Fab 1 in Germany (August 13) - Company releaseApplied Materials has has signed an enhanced two-year contract with Globalfoundries to service all Applied Materials equipment at its Fab 1 in Dresden, Germany.
- 6 Aug 2012:The latest installation figures from the German Federal Network Agency show that the country's mid-year subsidy change for rooftop installations has caused a surge in solar demand for the first half of 2012, with more than 4.3GW installed in a period of just six months.
- 23 Jul 2012:Germany's environment ministry said on Friday it would back solar firms' efforts to bring anti-dumping proceedings against China amid a bitter price war in the industry that has left many German panel producers fighting for survival.
- 9 Jul 2012:.Solarworld Plans China Anti-Dumping Case With EU Peers By Marc Roca - Jul 3, 2012 8:23 PM GMT+0800 .Facebook Share LinkedIn Google +1 0 Comments Solarworld, Germany's biggest solar-panel maker, plans to file an anti-dumping case against China-based competitors as part of a group of Europe-based manufacturers.
- 27 Jun 2012:
- 14 Jun 2012:US-based First Solar, the world's No. 2 maker of solar cells, will ramp up production at its plants in Germany, scheduled to close later this year, to meet an unexpected surge in demand, a spokesman said on Tuesday.
- 12 Jun 2012:Germany's aleo solar AG has today announced it will close its solar module factory in Santa Maria de Palautordera, Spain, by the end of the year at the latest. 92 jobs will go.
- Indium Corporation's patented BiAgX: A drop-in replacement for high-Pb solders
- Echoing Government's Productivity 4.0, IoT Automation Boosts Taiwan's Competitiveness
- ASUS selects Pixelworks' Iris mobile display processor and True Clarity enhancements for ZenPad tablet
- Etasis promotes new 350W 1U slim redundant power supply to market
- NANIUM enables WLCSP without UBM
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Digitimes Research: Intel 28nm SoFIA 4G AP delayed to early 2016; may face overlap issue with 14nm version
- Digitimes Research: White-box players pushing 10.1-inch Windows tablets
- Silicon providers main beneficiaries of enthusiast PC growth; opportunities exist for vendors to raise profits with innovative products, says HWinsights
- Digitimes Research: Dell high-end LCD monitors may be 24-, 27-inch models
- Is Quantum Dot the next big thing for the TV market?
- Zoom Storage looking to become media library for mobile device users
- AMD unveils sixth-generation A-series APUs for mobile products
- Computex 2015: Startup company Endless pushing PC for developing countries
- Computex 2015: Nvidia unveils GTX 980 Ti and G-Sync technology
- Computex 2015: BioLogic SportCase wins Design and Innovation Award
Competition in the graphics card market has grown fierce as demand for graphics cards from the gaming...
Socionext, a Japan-based corporation focused on the design, development, and sales of system-on-chip...
Computex has evolved into one of the biggest and most important ICT trade shows in the world since...
Although the company has not been operating in the gaming notebook industry for long, Gigabyte Technology...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...